The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

Closed Thread

Old 03-22-2013, 06:28 PM   #76
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 7

@elmayimbe
It's actually the other way around. The JUSTICE LEAGUE isn't interested in Ryan Reynold's GREEN LANTERN

@elmayimbe
Hell no. The JUSTICE LEAGUE would rather mess with HAWKMAN before they reconsider Ryan Reynolds. That's how wack he was as Hal Jordan

Old 03-22-2013, 06:40 PM   #77
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
@elmayimbe
It's actually the other way around. The JUSTICE LEAGUE isn't interested in Ryan Reynold's GREEN LANTERN

@elmayimbe
Hell no. The JUSTICE LEAGUE would rather mess with HAWKMAN before they reconsider Ryan Reynolds. That's how wack he was as Hal Jordan
Was, that just today?

Old 03-22-2013, 06:42 PM   #78
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
And by the time they have to recast, they could've established another actor as Batman firmly in the general publics mind. instead, they will have to settle for a green face for JLA/World's finest 3 after Bale leaves.

But then again, that's long term thinking. Something that isn't in their vocabulary. They are content to a quick profit with Bale's name than building up an younger actor to play Batman for ten, fifteen years and reap the immense benefits that would've eventually materialized.
Egg freaking zacktly.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 03-22-2013, 06:42 PM   #79
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamtheBatman View Post
Was, that just today?
About a half an hour ago.

Old 03-22-2013, 06:45 PM   #80
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

I'm not big on ElMayimbe's sense of authority over these things.

Old 03-22-2013, 06:46 PM   #81
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
@elmayimbe

@elmayimbe

With Reynolds contract expiring, than that seems to be case where Nolan/Goyer will not want a GL in the eventual JL film?

Interesting.

Old 03-22-2013, 06:49 PM   #82
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
I'm not big on ElMayimbe's sense of authority over these things.
He's been on of lately with Star Wars, Batista, and possibly Planet Hulk.

Old 03-22-2013, 07:11 PM   #83
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
With Reynolds contract expiring, than that seems to be case where Nolan/Goyer will not want a GL in the eventual JL film?

Interesting.
Think he just means Reynold's version of GL. They'll probably just reboot the character of Hal Jordan with a new actor. I notice a lot of people are asking him about John Stewart though. He is definitely a popular choice, so maybe they'll do that.

Though, you might be right Dark Knight. Im getting a vibe that we may not see Green Lantern if they're trying to make it grittier. Now that I think of ur post. This new ElMayimbe tweet plus the one he said recently of a "grounded Bats/Supes = a grounded JL". We could see them passing on Lantern altogether.

Old 03-22-2013, 07:14 PM   #84
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Think he just means Reynold's version of GL. They'll probably just reboot the character of Hal Jordan with a new actor. I notice a lot of people are asking him about John Stewart though. He is definitely a popular choice, so maybe they'll do that.

Though, you might be right Dark Knight. Im getting a vibe that we may not see Green Lantern if they're trying to make it grittier. Now that I think of ur post. This new ElMayimbe tweet plus the one he said recently of a "grounded Bats/Supes = a grounded JL". We could see them passing on Lantern altogether.
Grounded meaning no flight!

Old 03-22-2013, 07:19 PM   #85
roach
I am the night

Doing Superman without flight is just wrong

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 03-22-2013, 07:20 PM   #86
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

The MoS trailer tells us that Superman flies.

Old 03-22-2013, 07:21 PM   #87
shauner111
Side-Kick

Heh, of course he's using grounded in the wrong way, but I think he means keeping it serious, keeping the reactions of the civilians realistic. Keeping what ever happens on earth realistic. I don't think the movie Green Lantern had that checked off.

They can reboot it easy, but it's possible that they just scrap him altogether cuz they don't want to associate themselves with GL for a long, long time.

Old 03-22-2013, 07:33 PM   #88
roach
I am the night

The biggest prob with GL was there wasn't a villain...the big headed guy was a minion and the yellow cloud was a misfire. They should have learned from Blade. The original ending to Blade had Frost becoming a blood cloud god and Blade destroying it but test audiences didn't like it because the cool villain disappeared. Had parallax been played by an actor and not cgi it would have been a stronger film....sure there are other problems but as a writer this was glaring to me.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 03-22-2013, 07:42 PM   #89
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
The biggest prob with GL was there wasn't a villain...the big headed guy was a minion and the yellow cloud was a misfire. They should have learned from Blade. The original ending to Blade had Frost becoming a blood cloud god and Blade destroying it but test audiences didn't like it because the cool villain disappeared. Had parallax been played by an actor and not cgi it would have been a stronger film....sure there are other problems but as a writer this was glaring to me.
The main villain should have been Atrocitus in Green Lantern.

Old 03-22-2013, 07:44 PM   #90
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
Yup. Just like Superman Returns had no fight scenes with a villain where Supes kicks some ass, GL had Sinestro and he was just teased for a sequel that we will never see.

Other than that, bad CGI, a non-physical suit for Reynolds, and bad writing with too many cooks in the kitchen..made the movie horrible.

So I guess Ryans out then. It's a shame cuz Mark Strong was a great Sinestro and Ryan Reynolds was a solid (not great but solid) Hal Jordan. They're gonna have a hard time trying to find a new Sinestro so they may as well just keep GL for Justice League.

Old 03-22-2013, 07:53 PM   #91
cleverusername8
Or something like that

Sounds like ElMay's opinion rather than straight fact. But I don't doubt that the studio is wary of bringing him back. Looks like he's on to Deadpool anyway when it comes to comic book things.

The question is, if GL doesn't show up at all, then who will they replace him with? Aquaman? Hawkman? The Martian? Or maybe another female? Hmm...

My first pick would be Martian Manhunter for story potential sake as well as powers and such. It would definitely add onto the budget as far as effects go, but probably not too much more than GL would eat up. Second choice is naturally Aquaman. But I don't really like the idea of live action Hawkman (or Hawkgirl). I'd rather see Green Arrow in all honesty and I don't even want to see him. If they ignore MM and Aquaman for choices of a fifth character, I honestly don't know what they'll put instead :/

Old 03-22-2013, 07:55 PM   #92
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Cyborg

Old 03-22-2013, 07:59 PM   #93
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamtheBatman View Post
The main villain should have been Atrocitus in Green Lantern.
IMO I think it should have been Sinestro pulling a Oz, great and Powerful (having Hal go after the yellow lantern and discovering it was him)

Old 03-22-2013, 08:00 PM   #94
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

what a dick.

Old 03-22-2013, 08:01 PM   #95
shauner111
Side-Kick

Deadpool is probably a far more interesting and fun choice for Ryan at this point. Plus it's not like he's rushing to get back on screen with Blake Lively, he's dating her lol.

To answer ur question Clever, it wont be Aquaman or Hawkman. I think I heard Elmayimbe say something about that.

My guess is either Cyborg, Nightwing or Martian Manhunter. MM would probably only work if he wasn't marketed, and just in disguise for most of the film. If they think he's just as out there as Green Lantern. But that wouldn't exactly be a replacement would it...

So ill say Cyborg or Nightwing, if theyre going to "replace" GL.

Old 03-22-2013, 08:10 PM   #96
cleverusername8
Or something like that

I don't think audiences would see MM as any more outlandish than Green Lantern. Since J'onn is already an alien, it's easier to accept that he has these crazy, supernatural powers. It's kind of ingrained in the minds of people when it comes to sci-fi characters.

Plus, they don't have to use his 'morph into demonic looking Martian creatures' thing, his telepathy, density shifting, Martian vision, etc. is enough to differentiate his powers from the others.

Realistically though, the Cyborg suggestion is probably most likely although I'm not happy about it >_<

Old 03-22-2013, 08:11 PM   #97
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverusername8 View Post
I don't think audiences would see MM as any more outlandish than Green Lantern. Since J'onn is already an alien, it's easier to accept that he has these crazy, supernatural powers. It's kind of ingrained in the minds of people when it comes to sci-fi characters.

Plus, they don't have to use his 'morph into demonic looking Martian creatures' thing, his telepathy, density shifting, Martian vision, etc. is enough to differentiate his powers from the others.

Realistically though, the Cyborg suggestion is probably most likely although I'm not happy about it >_<
Again they can go the Green Lantern route again.

Old 03-22-2013, 08:11 PM   #98
shauner111
Side-Kick

I think they'll be strongly looking into the racial diversity thing. So it's down to Martian Manhunter, Cyborg or John Stewart's Green Lantern.

1 of them makes the cut. Who would everybody choose if they had to only choose one? Let's say Hal Jordan is a no-go for the studio. Choose one.

Old 03-22-2013, 08:17 PM   #99
mclay18
Sexed-up archery

Quote:
Deadpool is probably a far more interesting and fun choice for Ryan at this point. Plus it's not like he's rushing to get back on screen with Blake Lively, he's dating her lol.
Uh, they've been married for a couple months now.

"Come Think With Us."
Old 03-22-2013, 08:28 PM   #100
shauner111
Side-Kick

Had no idea! Well, there ya go. Imagine their kids...oh my. They have to tell them they met on set for Green Lantern. Poor them.

Closed Thread