The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spidey-World

View Poll Results: Would you be happy if Rami came back?
Yes 11 47.83%
no 7 30.43%
undecided 5 21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-10-2014, 04:35 AM   #1
spiderman2
Side-Kick

Default Would you be happy if Rami came back?

With all the rumors out there and one being rami caming back would you be happy if he did. Part of me thinks yes because I love sm 2 and like sm1 and 3 but at the same time there are things I like about asm1 and 2 more then his movies. But also at the same time I always wonder what it would be like if he came back after the dissapotnment that was sm3. So I am kind of mixed on this.

Old 12-10-2014, 10:24 AM   #2
THUNDERSTRIKE
SWINEFELD... HAM-STER?

Default Re: Would you be happy if Rami came back?

better than the crap that the last two movies consisted of...

Always being offensive and ON the offensive, and always defiant, as well...
just an absolutely rude and crude dude in every way possible...
I'm just content to be a malcontent.

Living up to your expectations of me...
and they're all bad.

Despicable ME... I yams what I yams.
THUNDERSTRIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 11:20 AM   #3
Atharun
Chillin'

I will prob get a lot of flack for this but I do not want Raimi back. The reason everyone sees Raimi and that series as great is because they were the first. In many ways they were the "Keaton Batman" of Superhero movies. yes we had the X-Men but Spider-Man was huge. We had never seen a superhero movie of that caliber of character before. But in retrospect they weren't as great as everyone thinks and often times nostalgia gets in the way.

As a lifelong Spider fan, Andrew is superior to Tobey IMO. The current movies are visually much more appealing. Writing ...that's another story. The thing is, aside from No.2, the Raimi films weren't that great story wise and the cast does not compare.

Atharun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 11:55 AM   #4
Visualiza
What is a yout?

It's hard to say. Thing is, if he's coming back into a s**tshow that still has all of the same pieces in place to all but guarantee failure, then it doesn't really matter who they bring in. It would be a welcome change, it would suggest that they have the best of intentions, but at the end of the day, if the people calling the shots still don't care to tell a good story, then it won't make much of a difference.

It's the same reason why certain sports teams will never be championship material. It doesn't matter how many star players and future HoF coaches they add to their lineup, they're never going to amount to much if the front office isn't producing an environment conducive to winning. Success starts at the top.

Visualiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 03:59 PM   #5
Doctor Octopus
Side-Kick

I would be so happy. The last two Spider-Man movies were so bad.

Doctor Octopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 04:51 PM   #6
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Raimi wouldn't come back. The studio is pulling the same garbage today that they pulled on Sam back in SM3.

But...I also don't want him to come back either. He had his time with the character and his first two movies still stand as a couple of great SH classics. I'd prefer to see the character represented properly under someone new/different.

UltimateWebhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 05:09 PM   #7
THUNDERSTRIKE
SWINEFELD... HAM-STER?

as long as it ain't Marc Webb...

Always being offensive and ON the offensive, and always defiant, as well...
just an absolutely rude and crude dude in every way possible...
I'm just content to be a malcontent.

Living up to your expectations of me...
and they're all bad.

Despicable ME... I yams what I yams.
THUNDERSTRIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 05:12 PM   #8
Dr. Remy Lebeau
The doctor is in chere!

They could do a Spider-verse thing where both Spidey cinematic worlds coexist and some threat brings them together. It would give us a chance to give a proper send off to the Raimi characters, and maybe infuse the troubled new series with some different life.

If that's too crazy for y'all, then just get Raimi back to be the Kevin Feige of Sony's Spiderman cinematic universe.

Old 12-10-2014, 05:24 PM   #9
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by THUNDERSTRIKE View Post
as long as it ain't Marc Webb...
I don't think he has a clear understanding of the character. His time should be done, imo.

Old 12-10-2014, 05:25 PM   #10
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Remy Lebeau View Post
They could do a Spider-verse thing where both Spidey cinematic worlds coexist and some threat brings them together. It would give us a chance to give a proper send off to the Raimi characters, and maybe infuse the troubled new series with some different life.

If that's too crazy for y'all, then just get Raimi back to be the Kevin Feige of Sony's Spiderman cinematic universe.
That'd be great if it didn't sound like or seem like a copy of DoFP. Sony has done the copy method now for two movies straight and it ain't working.

I'd prefer a soft reboot.

Old 12-10-2014, 05:56 PM   #11
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

I'd like Raimi to return just out of curiosity to see how his SM4 mght have turned out but now it's been such a long time since SM3 and with how disappointing ASM2 turned out I just want to next Spider-Man movie to be good at this point.

Self-contained stories part of a larger story is where its at. Not this writing for the trade nonsense. If you're going to write for the trade, don't release it in individual issues. Just release the trade.
Mace Dolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 06:02 PM   #12
schereZada
Side-Kick

Hi, everyone.

I doubt Raimi would do his Spider-man 4. I doubt the old actos would come back. I doubt they want to just forget about the current series. I could be wrong, of course, but seriously doubt all that.

I posted this in some other thread, but I'll repeat it: How absurd is having lost Raimi because they interfered and ruined the series, then they hire a new guy and reboot the whole thing, then interfere again and ruin their second series, then ask the original director to come back to help... with a reboot!!!

Cheers.

schereZada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 06:18 PM   #13
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

Quote:
Originally Posted by schereZada View Post
Hi, everyone.

I doubt Raimi would do his Spider-man 4. I doubt the old actos would come back. I doubt they want to just forget about the current series. I could be wrong, of course, but seriously doubt all that.

I posted this in some other thread, but I'll repeat it: How absurd is having lost Raimi because they interfered and ruined the series, then they hire a new guy and reboot the whole thing, then interfere again and ruin their second series, then ask the original director to come back to help... with a reboot!!!

Cheers.
Sadly the studios want to make a fast buck with what they think is most profitable, it's only at the last minute when disappointing B.O. numbers come in that some studios (not all) realize they effed up in the first place.

Self-contained stories part of a larger story is where its at. Not this writing for the trade nonsense. If you're going to write for the trade, don't release it in individual issues. Just release the trade.
Mace Dolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 06:38 PM   #14
webhead731
I'm a photographer

If he came back as a producer or writer for Spidey, played by Tobey in MCU, yes. No Garfield though.

It is HILARIOUS that Sony obviously thinks the new films are crap and want Raimi back. They know they made a huge mistake letting him leave and it is a hoot that they want him back. Hahaahhahaaha.

webhead731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2014, 09:52 PM   #15
W/ Great Power
Uncle Ben

No, and I don't say that with malicious intent.

Say what you want about SM3, but the OT was such a joy to watch growing up. I literally feel like I grew up with Tobey's Spider-Man. Even after all the criticism it got at the end, I love it and I want it to forever be Raimi's legacy. That's how I always want to look back on it.

The only time I would maybe want Raimi to come back is if he could start an entirely new series on his own. Building off of what we have now with the current series (even though I still enjoy it) would just not be Raimi esque.

- Uncle Ben, The Amazing Spider-Man

~*SHH SIX*~
LEADER
W/ Great Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 12:40 AM   #16
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

The man who made 3 of my all time favorite CBM's / Movies in general? Versus...Webb, who's done one good movie, which was lightning in a bottle? Absolutely. Tobey would be an added bonus, and the best way to explain his aging? Evolve Spider-Man into a...well, man. I would be there day one, so long as it isn't Sony's Spidey anymore.

Now, if you mean Raimi with Garfield? Uhhh...I'd be there, but I'd rather not have to deal with TASM/TASM2 in any form ever again.

Raimi or not, it's absolutely hilarious how much Sony realizes they screwed the pooch.
A Necessary Evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 12:46 AM   #17
MessiahDecoy123
Psychological Anarchy

Aw hell naw.

Sam Raimi was burned out on Spider-man.

Exhibit A:

SM3

BREAKING NEWS: There are gifted directors outside of Sam Raimi.

Old 12-11-2014, 12:54 AM   #18
Nathan

I pretty much had my fill of dorky and completely awkward Peter. I'd rather have a completely new director take over.

Old 12-11-2014, 02:00 AM   #19
spiderman2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
Aw hell naw.

Sam Raimi was burned out on Spider-man.

Exhibit A:

SM3

BREAKING NEWS: There are gifted directors outside of Sam Raimi.
I never said that there is not gifted directors outside of rami but his sm was a lot more popular then web so it would creat more hype and buzz if he came back. Would you be ok if Rami came back but has a producer or something in stead of Raimi? Or do you not want him involed at all?

Old 12-11-2014, 02:06 AM   #20
spiderman2
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atharun View Post
I will prob get a lot of flack for this but I do not want Raimi back. The reason everyone sees Raimi and that series as great is because they were the first. In many ways they were the "Keaton Batman" of Superhero movies. yes we had the X-Men but Spider-Man was huge. We had never seen a superhero movie of that caliber of character before. But in retrospect they weren't as great as everyone thinks and often times nostalgia gets in the way.

As a lifelong Spider fan, Andrew is superior to Tobey IMO. The current movies are visually much more appealing. Writing ...that's another story. The thing is, aside from No.2, the Raimi films weren't that great story wise and the cast does not compare.
I disagree about people seeing the Raimi series as great just because it was the first. SM 1-3 is way better and I mean way better then the old batman movies before the dark knight trilogy. Now I do some what agree about the nostalgis because sm 1 has not aged that while in both how intertaing it is compared to other super hero movies and in CGI. But at the same time there where not has many super hero movies back then to learn form and sm 3 was not has bad has people say. When it comes to the more visually appealing I think a lot of that is just because of how tech has improved in the years sinces the rami movies. About gafield I agree. Tobey I still like but Garfield is just perfect and I think he is the RDJ of sm and no matter what once he is not sm any more I think it is just about a carite that the next guy will not be has good.

Old 12-11-2014, 02:55 AM   #21
kedrell
PopularisCulturaFanaticus

I'd say no. I didn't like TASM2 but I was never enthused about any of Raimi's films either and I liked TASM1 a bit better than any of the others.

Old 12-11-2014, 11:40 AM   #22
Chip Chipperson
Man of Murder

no because that would mean sony is still trying to do it on their own

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Then it will be just like The Dark Knight Rises! :o
Chip Chipperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 05:22 PM   #23
kedrell

Now if Marvel Studios got the rights and hired Raimi to work under Kevin Fiege's hand and Raimi was willing to do so, and his new Spidey films would have no connection to the original Spidey trilogy then maybe it could work. But that's a lot of ifs.

Last edited by kedrell; 12-13-2014 at 02:40 AM.
kedrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 06:49 PM   #24
Visualiza
What is a yout?

^Everything that's allegedly on the table is a lot of 'ifs' right now as well.

The speculation is fun though.

Visualiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2014, 02:43 AM   #25
kedrell

^If all that happened I'd hope to God that Raimi would have the sense to rein in his Steve Urkel-ish sense of humor. That was always the major sticking point for me on those older films. I like humor in SH movies just fine but not that type of humor that makes you roll your eyes easier than it makes you laugh.