The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Old 03-24-2013, 12:04 PM   #51
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - Tie it in with the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

i think it was confirmed somewhere

Old 03-24-2013, 12:21 PM   #52
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - Tie it in with the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvintwj View Post
I believe in the USM comics, when Fury first talked to Spidey, he told him that he is currently too young to be part of a bigger universe and when he reaches 18, he will be part of Fury's universe. Meanwhile, he will keep his eye on Spidey. I think it could be translated to the film.
The problem with that is that though the Avengers were originally brought together by SHIELD, they are a team separate from them by the end of the movie. The Avengers themselves (or at least one member) would have to tell Peter that he is too young.

And just for fun, I would like to point out that Andrew Garfield is the same age as Chris Hemsworth in real life yet in the MCU, he would be too young for the Avengers . lol

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:24 PM   #53
SpideyK
SHH14

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
i think it was confirmed somewhere
http://latino-review.com/2012/06/11/...avengers-sort/

I believe that's where the whole rumor started. Honestly, I wouldn't refer to it as a "confirmation" at all, though.

SpideyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:09 PM   #54
GRangerPrimeNYC
AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

I asked a representative from ILM on Youtube last month if that was true, they said it was the first they heard of it.

Well, maybe it was only talked about by the higher ups or maybe the news didnt get to ILM...

GRangerPrimeNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 02:25 PM   #55
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

interesting thoughts

Old 03-24-2013, 03:38 PM   #56
GRangerPrimeNYC
AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

Anyway, if the Raimi films were still going on, would you guys feel different about that Spidey being in the MCU?

Last edited by GRangerPrimeNYC; 03-24-2013 at 05:07 PM.
Old 03-24-2013, 03:40 PM   #57
Nathan

I didn't care at all for Tobey's portrayal of Parker or the almost witless Spider-Man. So I wouldn't have cared at all.

Old 03-24-2013, 04:21 PM   #58
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRangerPrimeNYC View Post
^ -___-

Anyway, if the Raimi films were still going on, would you guys feel different about that Spidey being in the MCU?
Yep. Mostly for the same reasons that Nathan said. Every casting and character portrayal in Avengers is just spot on (except for Ruffalo who I find much inferior to Norton but I'm in the minority). To not have a spot on actor for Spider-Man sitting next to Chris Evans, Hemsworth, and especially RDJ would've been really disappointing for me especially since Spidey is my favorite Marvel superhero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyK View Post
http://latino-review.com/2012/06/11/...avengers-sort/

I believe that's where the whole rumor started. Honestly, I wouldn't refer to it as a "confirmation" at all, though.
I believe it was confirmed at least twice already by different people at Marvel. Not sure where to find those articles since they came out long ago. I'll post them here as soon as I find them.

Quote:
I asked a representative from ILM on Youtube last month if that was true, they said it was the first they heard of it.

Well, maybe it was only talked about by the higher ups or maybe the news didnt get to ILM...
Wrote this in the last thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
As for ILM, keep 3 things in mind:

1) The deal to have the Oscorp Tower in Avengers fell due to deadlines. Probably wasn't even written up.

2) Although now owned by Disney, they are a sub division that's still focused on doing effects. They just have a different boss now (and the same thing can be said about Marvel Studios). They wouldn't know what's going on with the Marvel movies any more than Kevin Feige would know Disney's future plans on the Star Wars movies (unless Feige asks or Disney wants him involved to an extent).

3) ILM being owned by Disney is a very recent thing. The Oscorp Tower deal was made long before Disney bought ILM and it has nothing to do with LucasArts either. ILM would have no reason to know about it.

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:45 PM   #59
SpideyK
SHH14

Quote:
Yep. Mostly for the same reasons that Nathan said. Every casting and character portrayal in Avengers is just spot on (except for Ruffalo who I find much inferior to Norton but I'm in the minority). To not have a spot on actor for Spider-Man sitting next to Chris Evans, Hemsworth, and especially RDJ would've been really disappointing for me especially since Spidey is my favorite Marvel superhero.

I believe it was confirmed at least twice already by different people at Marvel. Not sure where to find those articles since they came out long ago. I'll post them here as soon as I find them.

Wrote this in the last thread:
Please do. It's pretty damn huge, if it's actually true.

Old 03-28-2013, 11:03 AM   #60
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Quote:
I think Andrew Garfield is worthy enough to be next to Hemsworth, RDJ, Ruffalo, or Evans (with Captain America, I don't think its a very difficult role to pull off).

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:45 AM   #61
iGiFF
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
I think Andrew Garfield is worthy enough to be next to Hemsworth, RDJ, Ruffalo, or Evans (with Captain America, I don't think its a very difficult role to pull off).
I agree. One of the reasons I want TASM to be integrated into the MCU is to see Andrew Garfield play Peter/Spider-Man alongside The Avengers cast. Garfield IS Spider-Man as far as I am concerned, and if Spidey ever was to show up in the MCU, I think it would be a shame for anyone else to play him.

iGiFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:53 AM   #62
Picard Sisko

I'm sure if TASM was made by Marvel Studios, people would be saying how he was perfectly cast as Peter Parker.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 03-28-2013, 12:11 PM   #63
Jexx
the Emerald Eagle

Quote:
I don't think they gave any specific year to any of the MCU films.

As for TASM taking place in 2012, that'd have to be Fall 2012, but........Peter is a Senior, Class of 2012, which means he should be outta high school already.
That means the film might've been in Fall 2011 if he's really in the Class of 2012, unless he's Class of 2013, which would put it in Fall 2012 then.
Mmm.. the Bugle news paper in the movie says the date is October or November 2012, which means that Peter is actually in the class of 2013 and the movie takes place in 2012.

Emerald Eagle
Position:Head Assistant Researcher
Department(s):Nano-tech, Cross-Species Genetics

Why Peter Parker in The Amazing Spider-Man isn't a 'dick' or a 'brooding loner'.
Jexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:19 PM   #64
iGiFF
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
I'm sure if TASM was made by Marvel Studios, people would be saying how he was perfectly cast as Peter Parker.
Yet, even though Sony made TASM, people still say Andrew Garfield was perfectly cast.

iGiFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:38 PM   #65
SpideyK
SHH14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexx View Post
Mmm.. the Bugle news paper in the movie says the date is October or November 2012, which means that Peter is actually in the class of 2013 and the movie takes place in 2012.
Thanks for that. Can't believe I forgot about the newpaper stack on the sidewalk.

Seems it was even set in the future (at the time of the premiere).

Old 03-28-2013, 01:54 PM   #66
Jexx
the Emerald Eagle

lol, the article on that newspaper refers to the lizard as a "twitter-****ed fantasy"

Emerald Eagle
Position:Head Assistant Researcher
Department(s):Nano-tech, Cross-Species Genetics

Why Peter Parker in The Amazing Spider-Man isn't a 'dick' or a 'brooding loner'.
Jexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:08 PM   #67
SpideyK
SHH14

Quote:
lol, the article on that newspaper refers to the lizard as a "twitter-****ed fantasy"
Haha, awesome.

Old 03-28-2013, 03:13 PM   #68
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by iGiFF View Post
Yet, even though Sony made TASM, people still say Andrew Garfield was perfectly cast.
Yes but there is a much bigger number of people who believe he was miscast.

Old 03-28-2013, 03:15 PM   #69
spider_shadow
Taking down the Rhinos!!

Quote:
lol, the article on that newspaper refers to the lizard as a "twitter-fueled fantasy"
Fixed

spider_shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:16 PM   #70
the_ultimate_evil
CURSE YOU GIN MONKEY.

personally the oscrop building would have been a great easter egg

to me the best way to connect them is a scene after credits be it in asm2 or avengers 2 is a black car pulls up a suburban street

Maria hill: are you sure about this one sir, he's just a kid

Fury: have i been wrong yet and he's one for the future

*camera pulls out to reveal the parker mail box*

And so I walk, into the searing light which banishes all darkness, surrendering my face and form to atoms of dust, seeking the true darkness of peace,the cool shadows of eternity and the unknown fate of nothingness
To view my site tumblr dev art twitter
the_ultimate_evil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:26 PM   #71
spider_shadow
Taking down the Rhinos!!

Here is a pic that points it is connected with Avengers

Can anybody verify it?

This is where I found it.
http://www.**************.com/fansit.../news/?a=69777

At the bottom comments

Last edited by spider_shadow; 03-28-2013 at 04:17 PM.
Old 03-28-2013, 03:43 PM   #72
SpideyK
SHH14

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider_shadow View Post
Here is a pic that points it is connected with Avengers

Can anybody verify it?

This is where I found it.

http://www.**************.com/fansit.../news/?a=69777

At the bottom comments
Found that one a while ago, as well.

Unfortunately...

... It's fake.

Old 03-28-2013, 04:18 PM   #73
spider_shadow
Taking down the Rhinos!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyK View Post
Found that one a while ago, as well.

Unfortunately...

... It's fake.

Off Topic:Has anyone seen this video?

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by spider_shadow; 03-28-2013 at 04:56 PM.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:45 PM   #74
GRangerPrimeNYC
AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

LMAO, great use of gif

Old 03-28-2013, 05:26 PM   #75
SpideyK
SHH14

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider_shadow View Post

off topic:has anyone seen this video?

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
'Dat tableflip.