The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

View Poll Results: Who makes it the Justice League?
Superman 56 93.33%
Batman 56 93.33%
Wonder Woman 55 91.67%
The Flash 50 83.33%
Green Lantern 45 75.00%
Aquaman 19 31.67%
Martian Manhunter 21 35.00%
Cyborg 2 3.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-23-2013, 06:01 PM   #26
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: What is the minimum amount of heroes to call this movie "Justice League"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steyin View Post
I say MM is a must. If I think of MM, I immediately think of/relate him to JL more so than any other hero involved.

I'd say overall 5 is enough:

Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Flash
Martian Manhunter

They can do without Green Lantern IMO.
I wrote something similar a couple of weeks ago. In the first film, they drop the name Atlantis in one scene as a *wink wink*, and they hype the introduction of the new Green Lantern at the very end. Launch The Flash movie, the new Hal Jordan gets a cameo where he meets Barry and they seem to get along with each other. JL 2, you have the original 7. Enough time to give Green Lantern some space from the public and the studio.

shauner111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:17 PM   #27
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Default Re: What is the minimum amount of heroes to call this movie "Justice League"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Check this vid to see a taste of what I was talking about, with Lance Reddick/Martian Manhunter.

Start at 4:20 to 6:58http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2va5kpMaRE
I definitely could see that guy as Martian Manhunter. That would be awesome.

I say MM should be the Nick Fury equivalent in the first JLA film (or series). Have him be that type of character in regard to presence and screen time.

Kevin Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:20 PM   #28
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Reddick's voice is amazing and fits J'onn like a glove. The guy's a great actor as well.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:24 PM   #29
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Reddick's voice is amazing and fits J'onn like a glove. The guy's a great actor as well.
Hell yeah.

Old 03-23-2013, 06:30 PM   #30
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Imagine Reddick narrating the JL movie as MM. Even the trailer... so cool.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:35 PM   #31
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Haha love the pic ^^ And yes, that would be so sweet. I think, and I know this will never happen, but if they used the original JL cartoon opening theme for the teaser trailer for the JL film, I think I would just lose my mind at how awesome that would be. They could like start it then stop it after showing little glimpses of the heroes then fading to black and ending with the silhouettes of them all together, all to the epic opening of the Justice League cartoon.

Old 03-23-2013, 06:41 PM   #32
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

I was actually just watching an episode of JL this morning on youtube, and I kept rewatching the epic opening. I would really enjoy something like that for the teaser trailer.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:45 PM   #33
erehwon0
Side-Kick

God I miss JLU!

erehwon0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:46 PM   #34
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Dude that show was perfect (JL/JLU...that and Superman & Batman TAS, but especially JL/JLU). I wonder who would be the villain(s) for this movie though. Maybe not such a good idea to do an alien threat because of Avengers, so that rules out like half of their adversaries, unfortunately, even though their villains are better than most of Marvels, IMO.

Old 03-23-2013, 06:58 PM   #35
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by erehwon0 View Post
God I miss JLU!
This.

Old 03-23-2013, 06:58 PM   #36
erehwon0
Side-Kick

I wouldn't mind seeing a JL movie directed by Bruce Timm even if it was performance capture! With the technology they have now, even with "dead eyes" I wouldn't mind it at all.

Old 03-23-2013, 07:07 PM   #37
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by erehwon0 View Post
I wouldn't mind seeing a JL movie directed by Bruce Timm even if it was performance capture! With the technology they have now, even with "dead eyes" I wouldn't mind it at all.
Having any of the guys who worked on the animated show involved with this movie would be awesome. It would be so amazing if Timm got to do it. It really sucks that Dwayne McDuffie passed, he wrote some of the greatest stories of all time, IMO. A script from him would have made a great JL film.

One thing that does give me pause though about getting a first time director on it who has only done animation/tv is how will it look on film? Avengers, as good as it was, does have a sort of tv quality to it I feel because of Whedon. Just like how it was shot, etc. No slight against the film, it's just not as cinematic, IMO.

I haven't seen the Brad Bird directed Mission Impossible, but is it any good? I definitely think Timm could deliver an awesome movie, no question. I just wonder how well his storytelling style would translate over if that makes sense.

Last edited by Kevin Smith; 03-24-2013 at 04:44 AM.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:09 PM   #38
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Yeah, Bird's Mission Impossible is the best one imo, with Abrams' MI3 in a close second.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:24 PM   #39
Kevin Smith
Banned User

^^ Awesome. I can't believe I haven't seen it yet.

Old 03-23-2013, 07:41 PM   #40
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Make a run and check it out!

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:50 PM   #41
erehwon0
Side-Kick

I think Bruce Timm is not interested in doing live action because he might not feel comfortable it. Animation and live action are very different animals. Between what can be achieved and budgetary concerns, Timm knows what he does best, and I think he's fine with it.

I also think WB only knows Timm as their animation guy and knows what his value is to them. And if that sounds like they are underestimating his abilities and even disrespecting him a bit, I woudn't be surprised, because that is what I sometimes think.

I think Timm is being very philosophical about all of this and is just happy WB is letting him do what he does. And boy does he do it very well!

If only he would do something more cinematic, I mean a 2 hour animated movie that will be released in the cinemas. Maybe in CG like Green Lantern? Now that would be awesome!

We also lost someone special with McDuffie!

Old 03-24-2013, 02:49 PM   #42
Bludhaven
Side-Kick

Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Flash
Green Lantern

Although I would really like to see Aquaman in there as well, Batman needs someone to fight next to, who isn't flying or running off somewhere else :P

Bludhaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:22 PM   #43
shauner111
Side-Kick

Seeing Batman next to Aquaman (especially if that batman is Bale) would make me cringe.

Old 03-24-2013, 03:32 PM   #44
Bludhaven
Side-Kick

Gotta disagree with you there. Aquaman for me, is just as integral to the Justice League as Wonder Woman, Flash or even Superman. I could write paragraphs explaining why, but I guess it's just how you see things.

Bludhaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:19 PM   #45
shauner111
Side-Kick

Blah. Don't think ill ever care about the character. Don't mind him in the second movie but im glad he wont be in the first.

Old 03-24-2013, 04:55 PM   #46
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Aquaman is epic. Can't wait to see him one day.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:00 PM   #47
shauner111
Side-Kick

Epic cheeseball.

Old 03-24-2013, 05:19 PM   #48
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Oh no he's not. Well, actually, it depends on the version you're talking about.

He's one of the most badass of the DC heroes when he's at his best, imo.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:29 PM   #49
phoenixflight
Amazing Amazon

I strongly feel that in order to tell a great story, the first Justice League movie should not go over 5 members...those being Superman, The Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern (Hal) and Flash (Barry).

The second and third films could have a role call based on the mission that is ahead of them (meaning not all of the main 5 would need to appear in the other 2 films or at least have a cameo appearance)...

Old 03-24-2013, 08:10 PM   #50
Kevin Smith
Banned User

I don't care for Aquaman at all either, but I have never read the Johns stuff, but I know everyone rants and raves about it how great it is. I really want to check it out sometime though when cash allows it. The dialogue in the preview I saw looked good. I doubt it will make me an Aquaman fan though. I would have rather have seen Johns do an awesome Atom book. I think he has the potential to be really cool, I have always liked The Atom (Ray Palmer(!!!)) for some reason.

But I think it's funny how no one has voted Cyborg (yet) hahaha. I wouldn't even have him on that list personally lol, but whoever does vote Cyborg had better bury their head in sand on the boards LOL. But he makes Aquaman look good so he at least serves that purpose haha.