The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 08:05 AM   #251
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Noooo!

Old 03-25-2013, 08:05 AM   #252
C. Lee
I'm not old...I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Howlett View Post
I said this was going to happen after the Avengers. After you see the team up film, why would anyone pay to see the individual films when the meat and potatoes is the Avengers films?

I'm sure they'll be fun but once again, they'll be laying bread crumbs for the big meal in 2015. Frankly, just take three years off, make us miss Stark, Rogers, Thor, and the rest of the gang and come back with a bang with the sequel to Avengers.

But, this is Marvel. They gotta keep that assembly line going.
So glad to see the childish DC vs Marvel mentality still going on.....I was afraid posters were starting to mature on here and there would be no need for mods anymore...phwewww, my job is safe.

Old 03-25-2013, 08:09 AM   #253
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Quote:
I can't get hyped for Iron Man 3 because it looks like Iron Man 2. Into Darkness? I'm there, but not there like I am for Man of Steel, Pacific Rim, and Furious Six.
Sorry, did you see Iron Man 2? Or the two Iron Man 3 trailers?

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 03-25-2013, 08:18 AM   #254
titansupes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
This is the scariest ****ing thing.

Old 03-25-2013, 08:21 AM   #255
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Yeah. The Marvel vs DC mentality is kind of silly. Until WB/DC gets their act together, (and MOS is a good direction to go) then all we have to compare to Marvel's work is the TDK trilogy, Superman Returns, and perhaps Watchmen.

I like the TDK trilogy, but I don't think those films are quite GOOD enough to best out the entirety of Marvel's films.

Old 03-25-2013, 08:35 AM   #256
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Quote:
I said this was going to happen after the Avengers. After you see the team up film, why would anyone pay to see the individual films when the meat and potatoes is the Avengers films?

I'm sure they'll be fun but once again, they'll be laying bread crumbs for the big meal in 2015. Frankly, just take three years off, make us miss Stark, Rogers, Thor, and the rest of the gang and come back with a bang with the sequel to Avengers.

But, this is Marvel. They gotta keep that assembly line going.
Man, don't talk like that...

I was too thinking that the individual films will not go big after Avengers, but that's a good challenge for Marvel - to once again prove that these characters are relevant on their own. I hope IM3 is way better than 2, and even if I'm not as hyped for it as I am for Man of Steel, I hope it's a good fun.

"Films are worth seeing period, even the bad ones." - Blue Sugar
Old 03-25-2013, 08:35 AM   #257
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I do only read DC but I love both DC and Marvel films. I'm admittedly more DC but I hate when people try n do DC is better than Marvel & visa versa. Can't we just enjoy all the superb CBMs were getting?

Old 03-25-2013, 08:37 AM   #258
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norek View Post
Man, don't talk like that...

I was too thinking that the individual films will not go big after Avengers, but that's a good challenge for Marvel - to once again prove that these characters are relevant on their own. I hope IM3 is way better than 2, and even if I'm not as hyped for it as I am for Man of Steel, I hope it's a good fun.
Well said there's idiots who want the Marvel films to be bad just because they're DC. I don't know about anyone else but I never hope a film is bad.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 03-25-2013, 09:03 AM   #259
Superherofan123
Side-Kick

Yea I love the marvel films! And I hope all of them are awesome. We are starting to get spoiled a bit with all these films lol! I just hope DC starts to spoil us as much as marvel has.

Old 03-25-2013, 09:10 AM   #260
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup101 View Post
MOS gonna put returns to shame when it come to action and story.Atlease we know superman will throw down in MOS and not get beat up by humans with kryptonite.
Hated this. He should have at least landed some punches. Or came back for them.

The thing that I hate is that FX (and AMC and maybe a few other stations) are probably going to be showing Superman Returns out the wazoo come Man of Steel time. I hate that because I'm worried it will give people a bad taste for Superman and the wrong impression then they won't see the movie. Although it isn't a horrible movie, I don't know anyone who became a Superman fan because of it, and I'm worried showing it may do more harm than good for MOS.

Old 03-25-2013, 09:14 AM   #261
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Well said there's idiots who want the Marvel films to be bad just because they're DC. I don't know about anyone else but I never hope a film is bad.

This is a big day for Marvel. Will someone finally break the "3 'curse'" rule and make a "3" that is at least as good, if not better than the original 2? Fingers crossed. I hope the streak ends because it hasn't yet, even TDKR is the weakest in its series.

That said, so far the movie does look better than IM2, IMO.

Old 03-25-2013, 09:18 AM   #262
mad-sci
Side-Kick

What a lot of you seem to forget are target audiences and previous awareness.

Star Trek and IM3 are targeting the same audience, are being released close to one another. That's one reason their marketing is so aggressive right now. MOS has the same target audience (families, teens, couples, singles), but is 6 weeks later. It is not in competition with the other 2 films.

As for other major franchises - Hangover 3? F&F 6? There is audience crossover, but those films are targeted for older (R rated). WBs real competition is After Earth (which is trying REALLY hard to use Will Smiths name, but not Shyamalan), and the Wolverine (out a month later). It's doing absolutely fine.

Old 03-25-2013, 09:22 AM   #263
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post

This is a big day for Marvel. Will someone finally break the "3 'curse'" rule and make a "3" that is at least as good, if not better than the original 2? Fingers crossed. I hope the streak ends because it hasn't yet, even TDKR is the weakest in its series.

That said, so far the movie does look better than IM2, IMO.
I respectfully disagree.

But C. Lee gave us a friendly reminder to not feed the fire again, so let's get back to the goddamn Man of Steel!

Even though there really isn't anything new to talk about... I really hope things kick off this week. I can wait for the trailer a little longer, but now that I think about it, we really don't have much promo images, except the ones from the magazines.

"Films are worth seeing period, even the bad ones." - Blue Sugar
Old 03-25-2013, 09:36 AM   #264
fanboiii
disciple of truth

I personally have no interest in Iron Man 3. I'm hoping Wolverine gets good reviews. Thor is a maybe depending if the plot is worth it. MOS has me locked.

Old 03-25-2013, 09:48 AM   #265
Denish
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
Yeah. The Marvel vs DC mentality is kind of silly. Until WB/DC gets their act together, (and MOS is a good direction to go) then all we have to compare to Marvel's work is the TDK trilogy, Superman Returns, and perhaps Watchmen.

I like the TDK trilogy, but I don't think those films are quite GOOD enough to best out the entirety of Marvel's films.
I..I..seriously? From all the Marvel universe, from 2008 till now, I save..uhm..2 movies..IronMan and Avengers..The rest is just mediocre, movies been made to bring the Avengers project forward..In my opionion Marvel's movies cannot be compared in terms of quality (every aspect) o the TDK trilogy..

Old 03-25-2013, 09:49 AM   #266
JimJimBinks
A friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
I personally have no interest in Iron Man 3. I'm hoping Wolverine gets good reviews. Thor is a maybe depending if the plot is worth it. MOS has me locked.
The trailers for Iron Man 3 got me interested. Iron Man 2 was awful but this looks on the same level as the first one. I know nothing about Thor 2, but I thought the first one was fun. Wolverine can only be better than the last. That being said, none of them are on the same level for me as MAN OF STEEL.

It's a great time to be a comic book fan.

" -Batman (Superman/Batman #3)
Old 03-25-2013, 09:50 AM   #267
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

More toys (lego) but If you wan't to see what Tor-An's shield looks like (in spoilers because it's a large image) here you go:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 03-25-2013, 09:51 AM   #268
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

How can people ever go back to solo films after seeing a team up? The same way we do in the comics. These are great, timeless characters. Their personal stories are just as ravishing as a wider scaled team up film. And Iron Man 3 looks to prove that.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 03-25-2013, 09:52 AM   #269
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

In other news i will win this,I WILL win this. If i say it enough it'll happen. Mark my words. http://instagram.com/p/XSLUjqqFCz/

I mean how cool would that glyph look hanging on my wall ?

Old 03-25-2013, 10:03 AM   #270
STARMAN
Side-Kick

Dude, you have the young Superman look going on. Right down to the hair.

Old 03-25-2013, 10:05 AM   #271
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by STARMAN View Post
Dude, you have the young Superman look going on. Right down to the hair.
I try. Lmao.
Admittedly I just have been slicking the hair to the side lately. Unleashing my inner Cavill.
Lol

Old 03-25-2013, 10:06 AM   #272
STARMAN
Side-Kick

You could replace Dylan Strawberry in the sequel.

Old 03-25-2013, 10:12 AM   #273
Simo
Side-Kick

To help out Godfrey:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 03-25-2013, 10:13 AM   #274
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

So how many people exactly make it off Krypton ? Lol

Old 03-25-2013, 10:15 AM   #275
Simo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
So how many people exactly make it off Krypton ? Lol
Seems like officially...3.

Closed Thread