The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 10:17 AM   #276
STARMAN
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

A few days back Geoff Boucher tweeted about finishing and filing a cover story for EW. He usually handles Superhero stuff. That doesn't mean it's happening this week. But I figure we get an EW MOS cover story in April.

Old 03-25-2013, 10:28 AM   #277
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post

This is a big day for Marvel. Will someone finally break the "3 'curse'" rule and make a "3" that is at least as good, if not better than the original 2? Fingers crossed. I hope the streak ends because it hasn't yet, even TDKR is the weakest in its series.

That said, so far the movie does look better than IM2, IMO.
Well to be fair although I agree that Rises was the weakest of the series it was still damn good IMO I think it definitely broke the 3rd Superhero film curse. Iron Man 3 looks awesome and I will see it but I have to admit I'm not excited for it and I wasn't all that excited for Rises either, maybe by the 3rd time it really does just feel abit like oh this again.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 03-25-2013, 10:31 AM   #278
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo View Post
Seems like officially...3.
Seems very likely only 3 and I think mo-cap man is just one of Zod's robots. Although there were rumours of two other Kryptonians and that it looked like when Faora was in the desert there was another Kryptonian next to her (still uncomfirmed though). Was it Nam Ek and Dev Em?

Old 03-25-2013, 10:37 AM   #279
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo View Post
To help out Godfrey:
Oh man, Hardy is done for. He's a goner. Just look at that little car, asking for a nice, hot laser blast.

TUUUU-TUUUU-TUUUUUUUUUUU...
Old 03-25-2013, 10:37 AM   #280
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

I'm the most excited to see Superman take out some robots. It'll give me fleischer mechanical monster vibes.

Old 03-25-2013, 10:40 AM   #281
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Yeah I'm the same, I mean IM3 and STID look fantastic but I just can't get hyped for them because of Man of Steel. I'm gonna go see them both for sure but I just wish I could skip to June right now.
Star Trek looks pretty awesome. That video of the light show in London got me all pumped.

TUUUU-TUUUU-TUUUUUUUUUUU...
Old 03-25-2013, 10:41 AM   #282
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Not a star treck fan so meh.
And iron man 3 could and I emphasize COULD be good. I actually initially liked IM2, and now I just find it decent.

Old 03-25-2013, 10:43 AM   #283
JimJimBinks
A friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Well to be fair although I agree that Rises was the weakest of the series it was still damn good IMO I think it definitely broke the 3rd Superhero film curse. Iron Man 3 looks awesome and I will see it but I have to admit I'm not excited for it and I wasn't all that excited for Rises either, maybe by the 3rd time it really does just feel abit like oh this again.
I fully admit I am in the minority, but I prefer The Dark Knight Rises to The Dark Knight. But then again, I like Batman Begins better than The Dark Knight as well.

" -Batman (Superman/Batman #3)
Old 03-25-2013, 10:47 AM   #284
Simo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJimBinks View Post
I fully admit I am in the minority, but I prefer The Dark Knight Rises to The Dark Knight. But then again, I like Batman Begins better than The Dark Knight as well.
Agree 100%.

Quote:
Seems very likely only 3 and I think mo-cap man is just one of Zod's robots. Although there were rumours of two other Kryptonians and that it looked like when Faora was in the desert there was another Kryptonian next to her (still uncomfirmed though). Was it Nam Ek and Dev Em?
Well book solicitations mentions "3 Kryptonian criminals arriving in Smallville" and yeah mo-cap guy could of been a stand in for Zod or a robot. Likewise with Faora in the desert, could of been a stand-in there on set the help block out the scene and whatnot before the actress arrived.

Last edited by Simo; 03-25-2013 at 10:50 AM.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:00 AM   #285
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

I also prefer TDKR over TDK. Regardless of how we rank it in the trilogy, it doesn't fall in the trilogy curse stuff at all. It's an incredibly ambitous and generous movie, and while it's flawed, it's a damn epic superhero movie.

Some men just want to watch the DCCU burn.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:21 AM   #286
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Hey guys
First time posting but I have been a long time lurker. I don't know why it took me forever to join. This is easily my most anticipated movie of the year and I hope you and I have a fun ride together.

Old 03-25-2013, 11:29 AM   #287
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
Hey guys
First time posting but I have been a long time lurker. I don't know why it took me forever to join. This is easily my most anticipated movie of the year and I hope you and I have a fun ride together.
Welcome to the craziness known as the Hype!

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 03-25-2013, 11:32 AM   #288
J-Sentius
Watch out, he's coconuts!

http://www.bbfc.co.uk/releases/man-steel
Trailer has been approved for almost two weeks now. Iron Man 3 will be released in the UK on the 18th of April.
Normally, I would have wagered WB would attach it to IM3 around this period, but since they seem to not really care for Europeans (compared to say Disney with Avengers, where the film was even released earlier in the UK), I think the trailer will show up late April.

Old 03-25-2013, 11:32 AM   #289
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Actually I think we all believe that the trailer that was approved was for home video.

Old 03-25-2013, 11:33 AM   #290
SuperWig
Side-Kick

Th Eek Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Hey guys
As soon as I read "Lurker" I was quickly reminded of Supes in SR looking through Lois's window all stalker like.

Old 03-25-2013, 11:33 AM   #291
Marvin
Side-Kick

Was it this week or last week that the promotion was supposed to begin.
..better not to think about it I guess.

Old 03-25-2013, 11:35 AM   #292
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

I hope we get new posters this week. Do you guys think we'll probably get a Jor El and Lara poster first?

Old 03-25-2013, 11:36 AM   #293
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemeres View Post
Star Trek looks pretty awesome. That video of the light show in London got me all pumped.
It sure does, I've never been a Trekkie but I loved the last one and this one looks epic. Like I said with Iron Man ill see it they've already got me ticket. Its just I can't really feel excited because I just want to see Man of Steel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJimBinks View Post
Begins is actually my favourite

Old 03-25-2013, 11:37 AM   #294
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWig View Post
As soon as I read "Lurker" I was quickly reminded of Supes in SR looking through Lois's window all stalker like.
Thanks for reminding me!

Old 03-25-2013, 11:37 AM   #295
J-Sentius
Watch out, he's coconuts!

Quote:
Actually I think we all believe that the trailer that was approved was for home video.
Really? Nevermind me then

I'm glad we're getting IM3 so early. WB needs to learn to appreciate the UK!

Old 03-25-2013, 11:38 AM   #296
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
Was it this week or last week that the promotion was supposed to begin.
..better not to think about it I guess.
I anticipated last week but here we are. I wonder when they'll start now. They've decided to give 42 a boost instead.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 03-25-2013, 11:44 AM   #297
fake
Side-Kick

I saw the trailer before an early screening of GI Joe 2 (the theater showed trailers of IM3, STID and MoS). The 3D really impressed me. Since the first trailer was short on action shots it is tough to properly judge the 3D, but it was second best on the night.

Star Trek had some amazing 3D, Man of Steel was good and impressed but will need to see more action shots to pass judgment, Iron Man 3 had some bad 3D in there which is strange considering how good the Avengers post-conversion was.

Last edited by fake; 03-25-2013 at 11:48 AM.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:45 AM   #298
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWig View Post
He even admitted to it “I'm always around”

Old 03-25-2013, 11:49 AM   #299
Glassjaw
In training

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
So how many people exactly make it off Krypton ? Lol
It's crazy how in all the set photos and behind the scenes snaps, there to my knowledge, isn't one pic of Tor-An. We have mo cap man sure, but Tor-An Lego figure is exactly the same as Zod and Foara's.

Old 03-25-2013, 11:50 AM   #300
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Am I the only one around here who actually enjoyed SR?

Closed Thread