The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 01:18 PM   #351
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Im waiting WB...

Old 03-25-2013, 01:23 PM   #352
Denish
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
Im waiting WB...
They're waiting too..ironic

Old 03-25-2013, 01:23 PM   #353
fake
Side-Kick

Dunno if this has been posted here before but the VFX industry is trying to boycott Man of Steel for a week protesting Warner Brothers

http://visualaffects.wordpress.com/2...s-wait-a-week/

Old 03-25-2013, 01:24 PM   #354
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

God the marketing sucks
Idgaf if I sound like a complaining fan boy. This is getting a tad bit ridiculous. Oh let's post a "new" image that we have seen multiple times before in numerous forms.

Ughhh come on WB. My confidence is slowly slipping

Old 03-25-2013, 01:26 PM   #355
Denish
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by fake View Post
Dunno if this has been posted here before but the VFX industry is trying to boycott Man of Steel for a week protesting Warner Brothers

Now this is good marketing

Old 03-25-2013, 01:26 PM   #356
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

While we wait for something new(hopefully)today, did you guys see the STID trailer, and if so what did you think?

Old 03-25-2013, 01:27 PM   #357
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Official still.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Screengrab from Trailer #2

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 03-25-2013, 01:29 PM   #358
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post
Official still.

Wow what a difference in color

Old 03-25-2013, 01:32 PM   #359
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Dry Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Okay cool. That looks better...or course. I'm glad I got up today. Now give me a reason to stay up, WB, please.

Old 03-25-2013, 01:33 PM   #360
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post
Official still.

Good stuff.

TUUUU-TUUUU-TUUUUUUUUUUU...
Old 03-25-2013, 01:34 PM   #361
DarkKnight FTW
Lantern Honor Guard

I think they're releasing them after a certain number of "Likes". So if you have Facebook, "Like" away!

CBM: BatLantern28
Twitter: Illusive_Man_1
XBL: DarkKnight FTW
Old 03-25-2013, 01:35 PM   #362
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

The marketing we have gotten has been good, we just need more. I can't stress how a good chunk of the general pop has no idea a new superman film is being released soon.
*sigh*

Old 03-25-2013, 01:45 PM   #363
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
I can't stress how a good chunk of the general pop has no idea a new superman film is being released soon.
*sigh*
How soon do they need to know? How far in advance does the general pop plan their movie attendance schedule?

Old 03-25-2013, 01:46 PM   #364
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:
The marketing we have gotten has been good, we just need more. I can't stress how a good chunk of the general pop has no idea a new superman film is being released soon.
*sigh*
True, barely anyone at my school knows about it. I'm like the head of marketing lol.

Old 03-25-2013, 01:47 PM   #365
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by fake View Post

F**k that!

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 03-25-2013, 01:48 PM   #366
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Thought this was quite funny:

Star Trek or Superman? Celebs pick their must-see summer movie

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/movies/n...mer-movie.html

Old 03-25-2013, 01:49 PM   #367
A.Stabelli
Man Of Steel

I'm going to see MoS opening night. I don't care about what some VFX troll thinks.

Old 03-25-2013, 01:50 PM   #368
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Man of Steel 3 - 2 Star Trek

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 03-25-2013, 01:53 PM   #369
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
True, barely anyone at my school knows about it. I'm like the head of marketing lol.
Dude same here. Seriously

Old 03-25-2013, 01:59 PM   #370
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Stabelli View Post
I'm going to see MoS opening night. I don't care about what some VFX troll thinks.
Here here

Old 03-25-2013, 02:01 PM   #371
A.Stabelli
Man Of Steel

I wonder how authentic that page is. It just seems like some guy trolling us all.

Old 03-25-2013, 02:02 PM   #372
Simo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
F**k that!
It's a counterproductive demonstration of protest when the real issue is the structure of the industry and VFX chain, not to mention MOS had more than favorable working conditions etc to all the VFX houses involved....which Rhythm & Hues didn't work on but why this protest started.

The movement will now portray MOS as the poster child for abuse of VFX studios when thats nowhere near the case just because there's beef with Warner Bros. apparently bailing on R&H when they needed support before going bankrupt. It's funny how the poster thinks "it's just a week...thats nothing" when that does much more harm than good especially when studios go in heavy for opening numbers and if MOS were to fall below expectations they aren't going to attribute it to the movement anyway.

Still, any publicity is good publicity...right.

Last edited by Simo; 03-25-2013 at 02:06 PM.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:02 PM   #373
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
Wow what a difference in color
He's under a different light source.

Old 03-25-2013, 02:06 PM   #374
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo View Post
It's a counterproductive demonstration of protest when the real issue is the structure of the industry and VFX chain, not to mention MOS had more than favorable working conditions etc to all the VFX houses involved....which Rhythm & Hues didn't work on but why this protest started.

The movement will now portray MOS as the poster child for abuse of VFX studios when thats nowhere near the case just because there's beef with Warner Bros. apparently bailing on R&H when they needed support before going bankrupt.

Still, any publicity is good publicity...right.
Was gonna say I don't care what it is, I wanna see it now I'm not waiting an extra day for anyone

Old 03-25-2013, 02:20 PM   #375
JimJimBinks
A friend

I feel like there is a lot of bad feelings from fans towards that shot of Superman in chains, whether it be subconscious or not. Not so much because it's old, mainly because of the horribly handled/obviously rigged "Retweet or share to unlock" game that so many of us participated in. That plus it makes for a crap poster.

" -Batman (Superman/Batman #3)
Closed Thread