The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 03:50 PM   #751
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Why is it called trailer 3 if it is the December version? Wouldn't it be called trailer 2 3D?

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:51 PM   #752
Simo
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
All 3 I'm looking at have the date 20121128. Is the one you see dated this month?
Welp, nope its dated last year. Foiled again.

Quote:
Why is it called trailer 3 if it is the December version? Wouldn't it be called trailer 2 3D?
Yeah thats why it's confusing because there is a trailer 2 listed as 2D and trailer 3 is 3D.

Old 03-26-2013, 03:54 PM   #753
DarthAlani
Side-Kick

The trailer is going to be with the Hangover 3. Come on WB get your head out of your ass. This is a damn reboot, not a sequel to a fantastic first film. This film needs marketing and it needs it now, before it gets buried.

WB and their arrogance right now with the marketing is comical. Pacific Rim is putting new stuff out. Lone Ranger, After Earth got new trailers and both of these films open before and after MOS. IMO April is going to be another dead month, which is a massive mistake just like not having a SB spot was.

Old 03-26-2013, 03:56 PM   #754
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

It does seem like they are treating this film as a guaranteed success when it isn't.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 03-26-2013, 04:01 PM   #755
DarthAlani
Side-Kick

Just what I was thinking. 4 huge franchises come out in May, so let me guess, WB wants to wait until all of these open, and then hammer away with the marketing.

Considering WB's track record of late, that is what we will get.

Old 03-26-2013, 04:04 PM   #756
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

TheIrishAvenger brought negativity upon this topic with his false 3rd trailer news, simultaneously rising and shattering peoples hopes. Dark times are upon us...

Old 03-26-2013, 04:04 PM   #757
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

They're really taking way too long here, Superman Returns left a bad taste in people's mouths. I think due to Nolan's popularity they think his names gonna sell it.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 03-26-2013, 04:08 PM   #758
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
They're really taking way too long here, Superman Returns left a bad taste in people's mouths. I think due to Nolan's popularity they think his names gonna sell it.
There's only so much mileage they can milk out of that. Even the trailer says that Zach Snyder, not Nolan, is the director.

Old 03-26-2013, 04:08 PM   #759
FilmNerdJamie
The Mod You Deserve
SHH! Global Moderator

Don't get the belly-aching. Another trailer is coming. Chill.

Old 03-26-2013, 04:10 PM   #760
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Not belly-aching. Just critiquing the marketing.

Old 03-26-2013, 04:11 PM   #761
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
Yeah sure...on May 28th or something ...and dude you see PR getting posters, where's MOS posters AAAAARRRRGHHH. My belly aches.

Old 03-26-2013, 04:11 PM   #762
Simo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
And it will.

Overall though marketing has been fine.

Old 03-26-2013, 04:12 PM   #763
Kane52630
Terminated Glitch User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 03-26-2013, 04:13 PM   #764
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Whenever anyone says "chill" Kane is automatically summoned.

Old 03-26-2013, 04:21 PM   #765
J-Sentius
Watch out, he's coconuts!

The only footage we've seen from this film is largely what was already in place for the comic-con trailer (btw I don't get why they didn't just release that one if they were using most of its footage anyway). So they have technically not even made a trailer for it other than what was already shown during comic-con.

Pretty strange if you ask me.

Old 03-26-2013, 04:24 PM   #766
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Wow, so WB have made ZERO trailers for the film now? We've truly gone delusional.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 03-26-2013, 04:26 PM   #767
J-Sentius
Watch out, he's coconuts!

I don't see how any of what I said above is not true.
The point is that we've seen the same 1 min+ of footage since summer last year now.

Old 03-26-2013, 04:27 PM   #768
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post
Wow, so WB have made ZERO trailers for the film now? We've truly gone delusional.
We might have since some of us see 3rd trailer news when there is none...

Old 03-26-2013, 04:28 PM   #769
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Sentius View Post
I don't see how any of what I said above is not true.
The point is that we've seen the same 1 min+ of footage since summer last year now.
We did, but the general public didn't so looking at the big picture, it's an irrelevant point.

Old 03-26-2013, 04:29 PM   #770
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Ahem, we've seen two teaser trailers and a separate theatrical trailer. The EXCLUSIVE CC trailer was only meant for people at CC because y'know, it's exclusive.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 03-26-2013, 04:31 PM   #771
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Its true that they are largely just repeating the Comic-Con stuff in marketing. That's mostly what the theatrical trailer is - just a few scenes different from the Comic-Con trailer and with different music. Then there's the poster image of Supes in handcuffs, which WB keeps releasing in various forms as if it is new. Then there's the picture of Supes in front of the army, which was released several different times. Both pics were already in the trailer to begin with.

The marketing has been very slow and very repetitive. Again, maybe it will soon change, but that doesn't make criticisms of what it has been thus far invalid.

Old 03-26-2013, 04:31 PM   #772
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

I'd feel pretty robbed if WB just released the CC trailer back in December after I went and paid money to see it months before.

INTERSTELLAR

Old 03-26-2013, 04:33 PM   #773
dark_b
Side-Kick

Pacific Rim got 3 new posters. they look very good. lets hope for the best

Old 03-26-2013, 04:34 PM   #774
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

3? Hasn't it just been Cherno Alpha and Coyote Tango far?

INTERSTELLAR

Old 03-26-2013, 04:35 PM   #775
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

It's been 2. That's 2 too much for PR and 2 too little for MOS. Grrrr....

Closed Thread