The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 04:46 PM   #126
A.Stabelli
Man Of Steel

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

PoniBoy tweeted that MoS posters were coming this week.

Old 03-24-2013, 04:48 PM   #127
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Stabelli View Post
yeah....ok. If he's right, I'll be shocked because I'm pretty sure he said they were coming a few weeks ago and I haven't seen **** yet

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 03-24-2013, 04:51 PM   #128
protocida
Side-Kick

It'll probably be attached to Oblivion.

Old 03-24-2013, 04:52 PM   #129
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Stabelli View Post
Well, 3 weeks ago he said that week or the next at the latest. So I won't hold my breath. Though if he keeps on saying that every two weeks, it will eventually come true.

Old 03-24-2013, 04:58 PM   #130
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
Well, 3 weeks ago he said that week or the next at the latest. So I won't hold my breath. Though if he keeps on saying that every two weeks, it will eventually come true.
oh come on....holding our breath would be fun!

Old 03-24-2013, 05:00 PM   #131
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
oh come on....holding our breath would be fun!
ok...but you go first!

Old 03-24-2013, 05:01 PM   #132
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
ok...but you go first!
uhhhhh...you're trying to trick me! you go first!

Old 03-24-2013, 05:02 PM   #133
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
uhhhhh...you're trying to trick me! you go first!
na-a! you said it would be fun! prove it and I'll join in!

Old 03-24-2013, 05:03 PM   #134
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

I'll be very disappointed if there aren't previews for the posters.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 03-24-2013, 05:04 PM   #135
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
na-a! you said it would be fun! prove it and I'll join in!

I'm not sure I believe you....

Old 03-24-2013, 05:05 PM   #136
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post
Well the Ender's Game poster just got a teaser so says Poni Boy on his twitter SOOOOOO who knows. I'm not putting all my eggs in one basket though

Old 03-24-2013, 05:05 PM   #137
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Heck, why not?

Tease us with the faded out pencil sketch of the poster and have us salivating for the colored version four days later. Make it an event!

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 03-24-2013, 05:09 PM   #138
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
Heck, why not?

Tease us with the faded out pencil sketch of the poster and have us salivating for the colored version four days later. Make it an event!
Sad thing is, I'd probably fall for it and hype over such a thing. Pathetic, I know.

Old 03-24-2013, 05:09 PM   #139
sup101
Side-Kick

Show me the damn posters.We don't want no lame previews.

Old 03-24-2013, 05:10 PM   #140
echostation
Banned User

Kryptonian Warrior, people like you make me laugh.

I say my remarks because I as a fan want this film to succeed far more than any others this summer. That's how much I want this to do well. I want to see TONS more potentially great action packed Superman films whether they be solo films or with possible team ups.

I just feel WB is being so low key and stupid with their marketing which is the wrong approach for this character. Consistent sustained bursts of advertising from February and especially with a TV superbowl spot really would have put this thing on the map much more than right now. The TV superbowl spot for the Avengers did TONS for that film.

WB took the same approach to TDKR because it COULD. Batman was proven, successful and face it puts a lot more asses in theaters than Superman right now and yes regardless of whether you believe it, people still remember the disappointment and sourness of Superman Returns enough to potentially be put off by this film. The only way to change that is hit marketing and change perception from the get go, not a last minute stupid blitzkrieg approach. Get word out EARLY that this is a totally different Superman, an action packed Superman, a Superman who's not afraid to kick ass and take names but also a far more relatable, more "human" Superman, doubting his place in the world. One that we root for and make it LOUD and clear that this film will have visuals and epic action that'll make people's jaws drop.

I work three different jobs to make ends meet which is why I'm not on here all that often and I can only say from my obviously biased perspective whenever talking to people about movies and stuff at three VERY different settings, people have no ****ing clue about what this'll be like. If anything, several have thought it's going to be boring like "the last one." WB I think really need to disspell that sort of stuff early on.

Old 03-24-2013, 05:11 PM   #141
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup101 View Post
Show me the damn posters.We don't want no lame previews.
Speak for yourself! I want a teaser for the trailer for the poster previews!

Old 03-24-2013, 05:12 PM   #142
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

There should have been a spot last night at the KCA.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 03-24-2013, 05:13 PM   #143
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
There should have been a spot last night at the KCA.
There should have been a lot of things.

Old 03-24-2013, 05:15 PM   #144
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Quote:
There should have been a lot of things.
Touché.

INTERSTELLAR

Old 03-24-2013, 05:15 PM   #145
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Its hard be patient with this stuff.

Old 03-24-2013, 05:18 PM   #146
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

I only see a lot of you guys on this forum only so no wonder ye are impatient if you're only following one movie.

INTERSTELLAR

Old 03-24-2013, 05:20 PM   #147
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Hopefully the impending Wolverine trailer will sooth my impatient soul for two weeks.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 03-24-2013, 05:22 PM   #148
Super Kal
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by echostation View Post
Kryptonian Warrior, people like you make me laugh.

I say my remarks because I as a fan want this film to succeed far more than any others this summer. That's how much I want this to do well. I want to see TONS more potentially great action packed Superman films whether they be solo films or with possible team ups.

I just feel WB is being so low key and stupid with their marketing which is the wrong approach for this character. Consistent sustained bursts of advertising from February and especially with a TV superbowl spot really would have put this thing on the map much more than right now. The TV superbowl spot for the Avengers did TONS for that film.

WB took the same approach to TDKR because it COULD. Batman was proven, successful and face it puts a lot more asses in theaters than Superman right now and yes regardless of whether you believe it, people still remember the disappointment and sourness of Superman Returns enough to potentially be put off by this film. The only way to change that is hit marketing and change perception from the get go, not a last minute stupid blitzkrieg approach. Get word out EARLY that this is a totally different Superman, an action packed Superman, a Superman who's not afraid to kick ass and take names but also a far more relatable, more "human" Superman, doubting his place in the world. One that we root for and make it LOUD and clear that this film will have visuals and epic action that'll make people's jaws drop.

I work three different jobs to make ends meet which is why I'm not on here all that often and I can only say from my obviously biased perspective whenever talking to people about movies and stuff at three VERY different settings, people have no ****ing clue about what this'll be like. If anything, several have thought it's going to be boring like "the last one." WB I think really need to disspell that sort of stuff early on.
i feel exactly the same way you do... however ppl such as KW, this is why i use the "ignore user" function. unfortunately there are a select few on here who think they're better than everyone else.

but yeah, i agree with everything that you have said, except with the "human" approach to Superman. I dont want to see another watered down version of superman who's filled with angst and uneasiness. Superman was created to give people hope, and to inspire them when they need it the most. Thats the Superman i grew up with, not what this jaded generation calls superheroes

Old 03-24-2013, 05:22 PM   #149
Kryptonian Warrior
We are Hunter Rider

But why do they need to show ALL of their cards now, when the movie is still 2 months, three weeks away? The marketing blitz is going to start VERY soon and when it does, it's going to be everywhere. I'm pretty sure they know what they are doing. If you or anyone else think they can do better, PLEASE apply. Apparently, many people seem to be marketing geniuses around here. I just don't understand why you are working 3 jobs when you could be doing so much better with WB. Good grief, get a grip will ya?! The trailer, TV Spots, posters, screencaps and all that jazz WILL start soon. Sometimes I wish it was like the old days when the internet didn't exist and we barely knew that a movie was coming out a month before it's release.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 03-24-2013, 05:23 PM   #150
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
Hopefully the impending Wolverine trailer will sooth my impatient soul for two weeks.
And the WWZ trailer of course...

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

INTERSTELLAR

Closed Thread