The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 05:24 PM   #151
mad-sci
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

For those people complaining about MOS's lack of marketing, I say the following:-

Iron Man 3, and Star Trek Into Darkness.

OR to put it another way, the return of one of the stars from last years most successful film, and a highly anticipated follow up to a successful reboot of a franchise. Oh and it's also being directed by a film maker about to make ANOTHER big film that has been anticipated for over 30 years.

Oh and just one other thing. Both films come out in May. MOS comes out in the middle of June, 6 weeks later.

Hmm, what to do? Do you try big marketing as much as two films that come out 6 weeks beforehand, to INTENSE anticipation (that have been there since the films were announced?)

OR do you wait until the hype for both films has gone into overdrive, and slowly start your marketing as a breath of fresh air? THEN with your 6 weeks where people have seen these films and your film (MOS) coming out, you REALLY push the marketing, so it will have maximum impact?

Gee, I guess WB have totally the wrong idea, and we should be in high levels of marketing 3 MONTHS early?

Old 03-24-2013, 05:25 PM   #152
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Stabelli View Post
PoniBoy tweeted that MoS posters were coming this week.
He keeps saying that. Maybe it will be true... even a broken clock is right twice a day.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:29 PM   #153
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Kal View Post
but yeah, i agree with everything that you have said, except with the "human" approach to Superman. I dont want to see another watered down version of superman who's filled with angst and uneasiness.
That's not the human approach. That's the angst approach.

Old 03-24-2013, 05:29 PM   #154
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
He keeps saying that. Maybe it will be true... even a broken clock is right twice a day.
Poni's all digital though.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 03-24-2013, 05:31 PM   #155
sup101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
But why do they need to show ALL of their cards now, when the movie is still 2 months, three weeks away? The marketing blitz is going to start VERY soon and when it does, it's going to be everywhere. I'm pretty sure they know what they are doing. If you or anyone else think they can do better, PLEASE apply. Apparently, many people seem to be marketing geniuses around here. I just don't understand why you are working 3 jobs when you could be doing so much better with WB. Good grief, get a grip will ya?! The trailer, TV Spots, posters, screencaps and all that jazz WILL start soon. Sometimes I wish it was like the old days when the internet didn't exist and we barely knew that a movie was coming out a month before it's release.
I'm with you.When the posters and things start dropping, the crybabies around here won't be nowhere to be found.

Old 03-24-2013, 05:34 PM   #156
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Doubtful. We got a couple pictures last week and they're already complaining about the lack of new material. I can understand their frustrations, but it's hard to sympathize with them when it only takes them a week to start whining again..

Old 03-24-2013, 05:35 PM   #157
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup101 View Post
I'm with you.When the posters and things start dropping, the crybabies around here won't be nowhere to be found.
Double negative... according to you the "crybabies" will still be around.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:37 PM   #158
sup101
Side-Kick

I'm talking about when the marketing really gets going.

Old 03-24-2013, 05:39 PM   #159
WoodyROM
Side-Kick

When does the wolverine trailer drop?

Last edited by WoodyROM; 03-24-2013 at 06:08 PM.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:39 PM   #160
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Double negative... according to you the "crybabies" will still be around.
He's not wrong (a double negative!). The whiners whining about others whining will still be present.

Old 03-24-2013, 05:41 PM   #161
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

By the way, there may be crybabies around here, but don't confuse what may be valid critiques of WB's marketing strategy for "whining." I've made several such critiques, and my life gets on just fine without MOS. WB doesn't owe us anything, sure. And the GA doesn't owe WB anything if they aren't hooked.

Just sayin'.

Old 03-24-2013, 05:41 PM   #162
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

what about the ones whining about the ones whining about the other whiners?? What will happen to them?

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 03-24-2013, 05:41 PM   #163
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
He's not wrong (a double negative!). The whiners whining about others whining will still be present.
Its a circle of whine.

Old 03-24-2013, 05:44 PM   #164
Super Kal
Side-Kick

want some cheese with that whine?

Old 03-24-2013, 05:45 PM   #165
Simo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup101 View Post
I'm talking about when the marketing really gets going.
Right here!
http://visualaffects.wordpress.com/2...s-wait-a-week/

....or err...maybe not but still any publicity is good publicity right!

Old 03-24-2013, 05:48 PM   #166
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo View Post
Right here!
http://visualaffects.wordpress.com/2...s-wait-a-week/

....or err...maybe not but still any publicity is good publicity right!
Ironically, MOS has had more post-production time for VFX work than most films.

Old 03-24-2013, 05:48 PM   #167
Super Kal
Side-Kick

seeing that i dont have cable, im not going to be seeing all of this supposed promotion. and maybe thats a good thing for me. the less i see the better i guess, since i dont want to spoil my experience, like i did SR

Old 03-24-2013, 05:48 PM   #168
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
seeing that i dont have cable, im not going to be seeing all of this supposed promotion. and maybe thats a good thing for me. the less i see the better i guess, since i dont want to spoil my experience, like i did SR
I don't have cable either... but I'm sure it all will be everywhere on the internets.

Old 03-24-2013, 05:49 PM   #169
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
By the way, there may be crybabies around here, but don't confuse what may be valid critiques of WB's marketing strategy for "whining."
Oh, don't worry, I'm not. I've heard several legitimate criticisms about the marketing that I have (at times) agreed with. But I wouldn't call complaining about the lack of new material when new material was given to you not even two weeks ago legitimate criticism. Rather, I'd call it being impatient and ungrateful.

Just sayin'.

Old 03-24-2013, 05:50 PM   #170
Simo
Side-Kick

The Walking Dead finale is next Sunday...just sayin'.

Old 03-24-2013, 05:51 PM   #171
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

You're thinking something MOS-related will be released for that finale?

Old 03-24-2013, 05:52 PM   #172
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

I wonder if they will show something during The Final Four....gotta love March Madness!

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 03-24-2013, 05:59 PM   #173
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Dude, you can conceivably see everything you see on cable on the internet. Especially if you are without any scruples whatsoever, like me.

Old 03-24-2013, 06:00 PM   #174
Super Kal
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
Dude, you can conceivably see everything you see on cable on the internet. Especially if you are without any scruples whatsoever, like me.
well, to an extent, at least, but either way, i think i'm going to stay away from the tv spots and such. the less i know, the better... i will see the last trailer though.

Old 03-24-2013, 06:11 PM   #175
Simo
Side-Kick

Quote:
You're thinking something MOS-related will be released for that finale?
Well I remember we all had discussed when the first TV spot would drop and somebody brought that up and it sounded like the most reasonable and ideal time, probably more so since there's MOS panel at WonderCon.

Closed Thread