The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

View Poll Results: Which trailer do you like the most?
Trailer #1 7 25.93%
Trailer #2 18 66.67%
Trailer #3 (UK version) 2 7.41%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-03-2014, 11:17 AM   #1
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

SHH! [CA:TWS] Which trailer do you like more?

Just curious what everyone thinks. Despite the awesome action shots in the new one, the original from back in October still gets my vote (but just barely). What say you? Poll incoming.

Trailer #1 - Oct 24, 2013
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Trailer #2 - Feb 2, 2014
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Trailer #2 (UK) - Feb 2, 2014
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:22 AM   #2
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Default Re: [CA:TWS] Which trailer do you like more?

I have to say Trailer #1 because it just unexpectedly wowed me to no end. Just the tone, dialogue...everything is great. But the same goes for trailer 2, it's just that the first one left more of an impression on me because I didn't think it would look so great.

But trailer 2 is the most badass, hands-down. That will be the trailer that convince most people to watch this movie. I don't think I can say the same for trailer 1.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:22 AM   #3
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Trailer 2 was glorious imo.

"Cut off one head and two more shall take its place." - HAIL HYDRA!

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
TeeKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:24 AM   #4
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Trailer 2 was so action packed

The Caped Knight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 11:37 AM   #5
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

While #1 has a special place seared onto my heart because it was the first footage and really set the tone for the movie, Trailer #2 is epic, even more than I thought it could be. Action, drama, intrigue, humor… this movie looks like it'll have it all in the shape of a souped-up spy thriller with heroes.

But Trailer #3 deserves kudos for including Sharon.

Suzanne78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 12:13 PM   #6
Visualiza
What is a yout?

#2, mainly because Widow's description of TWS was very cryptic and interesting. Great trailer otherwise, but a lot of it was recycled from the first. Not a dealbreaker; all of these big budget blockbusters do it...jus' sayin'.

On another note though, am I the only one who is loving every bit of music featured in the promotional material? From the trailers and the music on the website, it all sounds pretty damn good to me. I have to wonder if its actually Jackman's handiwork or if its stock trailer/promo music.

Visualiza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 01:54 AM   #7
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I prefer trailer #1.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 02:02 AM   #8
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Trailer 2.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 03:40 PM   #9
3dman27
super-hero wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visualiza View Post
#2, mainly because Widow's description of TWS was very cryptic and interesting. Great trailer otherwise, but a lot of it was recycled from the first. Not a dealbreaker; all of these big budget blockbusters do it...jus' sayin'.

On another note though, am I the only one who is loving every bit of music featured in the promotional material? From the trailers and the music on the website, it all sounds pretty damn good to me. I have to wonder if its actually Jackman's handiwork or if its stock trailer/promo music.
i like the music as well I plan to add this soundtrack to my collection ASAP
i prefer #! with the UK ad a close second

Old 02-27-2014, 04:41 PM   #10
Minxie
Side-Kick

Definitely trailer 2 because it was masterfully cut/edited. It was quite possibly the most effective, memorable way they could have chosen to introduce the Winter Soldier. There was this great post on tumblr I saw that gets at the heart of it, imo (just a warning there's flashing gifs at the link so if those give you a headache or if you're epileptic you might wanna avoid it):
Quote:
#the way they are framing/introducing him is one of my favourite narrative tropes ever #the way you introduce the mythology; the nightmare footprint someone (or something) has left on the world #on a particular world - that vicious fearsome world of espionage and national security in this case #before the thing itself #and if done right; even the introducing of the thing itself is not a true introduction #it only further confuses and disrupts the already amorphous and vague horror of the myth #it doesn't explain or make nice or humanize #that's why the mask and the silence of the winter soldier - in tandem with his visualized and demonstrated prowess at precisely the thing his myth was built on is so powerful
That said I do think the first teaser trailer was really well done, as well. Basically I think the marketing guys achieved exactly what they were supposed to with both the teaser and the theatrical trailer.

Minxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 05:57 AM   #11
antovolk
Side-Kick

Personally my favourite is the extended 5-min preview/SDCC trailer that played with Thor - essentially an extended version of the first teaser trailer.

Excited to see the first 10-min/extended trailer 2 that played at All Hail the King event and may be coming to UK cinemas soon....

antovolk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2014, 07:03 AM   #12
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

Trailer #2, but I'm disappointed that it doesn't have Sharon like the UK trailer does.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 07:53 PM   #13
TJByrum
Captain America Fan

#2 has a lot of cool stuff and action sequences, but no Captain America trailer will ever amount to eh sheer quality of #1.

#1 was unexpected, unique, and perfect. It didn't give to much away, but it let you know the feel of the movie. The conspiracy, thriller-like, mystery aspects of it made it very good and everything about it was great.

#2 is cool, VERY cool, but it didn't give the same effect as #1 did.