Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 07:08 PM   #26
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Justice League Casting Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Cassidy View Post
Cooper can be Hal. Gosling as Flash. Blunt or Arterton as WW. Bale and Cavill. Imagine it.
Omg I would lose it

Old 03-25-2013, 07:40 PM   #27
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Quote:
Originally Posted by erehwon0 View Post
Annd this just dropped. This is what happens when you take your sweet damn time!

With the article.
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/61620

Let the litigations begin! I doubt this will ever see the light of day. But on the internet, I'll download it as soon as someone has put up the file.

Sweet costume though!
Parody generally isn't prone to litigation.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:42 PM   #28
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Na, can't see Cooper as Hal. Too goofy. Barry maybe.

I always thought Cooper would make a great Guy Gardner. (along with Sean William Scott and Channing Tatum. Total meatheads)

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 03-25-2013 at 07:45 PM.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:47 PM   #29
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
This is how I look at DC and Marvel as well. Reynolds fits Deadpool and he should stick to that. It's WB fault for greenlighting Green Lantern in the first place as this lighter superhero popcorn movie. Leave that for Marvel. They do it well with their characters.

Wolverine is the only one I can think of where you can do something dark and gritty.

But Marvel Studios really has their own style despite what I may think of it. DC needs to develop their own style and stick with it. More serious and character driven is the key. Look at any of their movies since the 90s rolled around. For the modern era we've seen Superman Returns, Green Lantern, Batman & Robin, Batman Forever, Batman Returns (dark but still silly), the Wonder Woman tv show. Anytime they try something light-hearted it falls on its face.

Actors like Bale and Gosling are a perfect fit for heroes that you can take seriously.
Thing about GL was that it was never an attempt to make a GL film, it was an attempted to make an Iron Man movie. TDK Trilogy, Man of Steel, even Superman Returns were attempts to make Batman and Superman films, it was never about what other studios were doing.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
Old 03-25-2013, 07:50 PM   #30
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

To go along with the 2013 Nolan-produced Superman reboot, a 2015 Nolan-produced Batman reboot.

I honestly think Jon Hamm would make people instantly accept the reboot. He's one of the best and most respected actors on TV who would jump at a chance to get a lead role in a movie/franchise as big as this. He's great at playing tortured, with gravitas. I can tell you that much.

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 03-25-2013 at 08:32 PM.
Old 03-25-2013, 08:07 PM   #31
Rodrigo90
Symbol of Fear

I don't get it honest.

Bale is coming back for Batman in Synder's JL.

But people don't believe he will potray Batman in the spin off franchise?

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
5. Green Goblin not wearing a mask and being mutated
Old 03-25-2013, 08:10 PM   #32
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

He's coming back? Snyder's JL? Since when?

I don't think they should get Bale unless he signs a multipicture deal. We haven't heard anything about that. Coming back for like 4-6 more movies (2X his time on TDKT)? I dunno.

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 03-25-2013 at 08:25 PM.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:25 PM   #33
Dark Knight
Banned User

I think Gosling would definitely consider it depending on the creative talent involved with developing the film.

That is all part of the recruiting process. It depends on how good the script and characterization is and the TALENT that is producing and directing the film.

If Gosling role as Flash was meaty and interesting and he liked the JL script being written by say Goyer and Jonah, with a story by Chris (who is also a Producer) and Goyer, Directed by Snyder or Goslings boy Refn.

Why wouldn't Gosling jump on board?

Now imagine if Gosling saw Guggenheim writing the script with Ratner directing, than without a doubt that would be a huge turn off for Gosling.

Old 03-25-2013, 10:08 PM   #34
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

IDC what you guys say. I think a JL film would work best as a back-to-back trilogy or dual film a la LOTR/the Hobbit.

If DC/WB definitely wants to distance them selves from the Marvel/Disney formula then they they should be the first to do a superhero trilogy year after year. How epic would that be?!

I keep hearing people saying that a JL film won't be successful because there aren't standalone films to establish the other characters or that some characters won't get the proper screen time, etc. etc....All that can be solved by doing a trilogy film IMO.

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)

Last edited by Midnight Black; 03-26-2013 at 08:23 AM.
Old 03-25-2013, 10:30 PM   #35
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold

a stand alone movie would work the best. show it can be done, and pull no punches. hold nothing back. use a big bad major villain. then, if it succeeds, go bigger and better for the sequel.

starro controlled by vandal savage would be great, then connect the starro creature to the anti life equation and bring in darkseid and the fourth world. maybe brainiac can be the the villain in the 3rd movie. where the heroes have to work with their enemies to stop him from destroying the universe.

superman: cavill
batman: bale or fassbender?
wonder woman: rebecca hall
green lantern: bradley cooper for hal, derek luke for john
flash: gosling
aquaman: charlie hunnam
martian manhunter: idris elba
orion: gerard butler

Last edited by Sub-Zero; 03-25-2013 at 10:33 PM.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:38 PM   #36
Rodrigo90
Symbol of Fear

A WB exec said that they were going to introduce a rebooted Batman in the JL. Subsequent franchise would follow from it. But he also said Batman would be 2 years into his career.

I would never buy that with Bale returning, being 40 by 2015.

But no way should we take that seriously anyway.

However it makes sense to me, if Bale is starring in a Zack Synder JL movie, or whoever is directing, to spawn a franchise based on that new directors vision. More sense if all things are to be the Synderverse from now on.

What we get in that JL movie, is what we all get in other franchises from then on.

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
5. Green Goblin not wearing a mask and being mutated
Old 03-26-2013, 01:41 AM   #37
DACrowe
Side-Kick

I'm bringing this back from the last page because of the irony of yesterday:

Quote:
because that movie made him a massive star.

Quote:
And he also has a team of people who review scripts and often rewrite them for him. He famously turned down both The Matrix (for Wild Wild West) and Django Unchained (for After Earth), because the filmmakers would not allow his people to rewrite the movie for his brand.
the first I've heard of this was with django, and I'd like to know specifically what. as much as i liked that film, the over use of the n-word was a bit of a turn off.

Quote:
Think about all the sci-fi blockbusters he's in. Men in Black films. I, Robot. Wild Wild West. Hancock. I Am Legend.

He plays a very specific guy who is in all of them. It is a brand that has been carefully cultivated for well over a decade.
what a heroic one?

all that tells me, this is the sort of film that would be right up his alley. i mean i get what you're trying to allude to, and obviously if he thinks that john stewart should be "the guy" he'd be wrong but, he did turn down superman, so I'd assume he knows what the deal is with dc characters.
As it just happens Will Smith graced us with clarification today.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2950796.html

Quote:
“Django wasn’t the lead, so it was like, I need to be the lead," Smith said. "The other character was the lead!” The "other character" that Smith is referencing is bounty hunter King Schultz, played by Christoph Waltz, who won an Oscar for his portrayal of the character. Waltz, it should be noted, won Best Supporting Actor at the 85th annual Academy Awards, a role that many felt was a lead.

“I was like, ‘No, Quentin, please, I need to kill the bad guy!’” Smith said, spoiling the film. As a result of Smith's passing, Jamie Foxx took on the role of Django.
Smith, by his own admission, only plays the lead. If he is not the star of the movie he is out. And yes, he turned down Django because he did not view Django as the lead because Waltz shot DiCaprio. Mind you the movie went on for another 20 minutes after that and is about Django standing up for himself. But if Smith isn't the hero who "kills the bad guy," he doesn't want in.

That is what I mean by saying he always plays the same character. He will not play Stewart.

A funny coincidence.

--John Adams
Old 03-26-2013, 02:14 AM   #38
ЯɘvlveR
doilooklikeiknowwhatajpeg

i thought he sounded like a proper ****, but i would imagine if he was cast as stewart it would be with the intention of him having a stand alone gl franchise apart from the jl appearances. otherwise what's the point of getting him in the first place. his star power would be the only reason to bother with that franchise again.

Old 03-26-2013, 07:21 AM   #39
erehwon0
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Black View Post
IDK what you guys say. I think a JL film would work best as a back-to-back trilogy or dual film a la LOTR/the Hobbit.

If DC/WB definitely wants to distance them selves from the Marvel/Disney formula then they they should be the first to do a superhero trilogy year after year. How epic would that be?!

I keep hearing people saying that a JL film won't be successful because there aren't standalone films to establish the other characters or that some characters won't get the proper screen time, etc. etc....All that can be solved by doing a trilogy film IMO.
We are thinking along the same lines dude! Since there hasn't been solo movies for Wonder Woman and the Flash, this could be the place where we can have those origin stories! Give it a little more room to breath. Do flashbacks where there is a pause in the action. Like in World War 2 movies where grunts talk about their lives back home when there is a lull in the fighting.

Also I don't think a first JL movie can be done in 3 hours. WB will not release a 3 hr.+ movie, maybe if it was James Cameron. Spreading the story in three movies sound like the way to go!

Old 03-26-2013, 07:25 AM   #40
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
We are thinking along the same lines dude! Since there hasn't been solo movies for Wonder Woman and the Flash, this could be the place where we can have those origin stories! Give it a little more room to breath. Do flashbacks where there is a pause in the action. Like in World War 2 movies where grunts talk about their lives back home when there is a lull in the fighting.

Also I don't think a first JL movie can be done in 3 hours. WB will not release a 3 hr.+ movie, maybe if it was James Cameron. Spreading the story in three movies sound like the way to go!
A trilogy film I would get behind with all my enthusiasm. Definitely the best way to go.

But then, how do you solve the problem of Cavill?

Old 03-26-2013, 07:28 AM   #41
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
I don't get it honest.

Bale is coming back for Batman in Synder's JL.

But people don't believe he will potray Batman in the spin off franchise?
He's not coming back for Justice League...

Old 03-26-2013, 07:50 AM   #42
erehwon0
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
A trilogy film I would get behind with all my enthusiasm. Definitely the best way to go.

Which problem is that? Man of Steel is a standalone movie? 3 picture contract?
Renegotiate? If MOS is as good as they have been reporting, WB will make all the necessary "deals" to make either MOS 2 or 3 and JL happen. Trilogy or no.

They should make MOS the entry movie into the shared DC movie universe if that is he long term plan. It would be foolish not to. Superman is their premier superhero. So it should be him to usher the shared DC cinematic universe.

If they didn't, I'd be at a lost for words.

Old 03-26-2013, 08:27 AM   #43
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

It is not difficult to make MOS a part of larger DC Universe. they would just have to get Cavill into a new contract for JL movies.

Getting Bale back as Batman may prove to be difficult, but not impossible, especially if it is just for one or two JL movies and not for solo Batman movies.

I don't see solo Batman reboot happening any time soon either, after Nolan's TDK trilogy and MOS movie, WB would focus on only two things, MOS sequel and a JL movie.

Batman reboot will happen after 2017, there is still long time for that, so who will be the Batman in a JL movie ?

That makes me think that either Bale may agree to come back (if Nolan agrees to be Producer and Goyer is writing and some well known director is directing JL movie.)

Or WB may cast someone who looks mature enough to be cast as Batman only for the JL franchise.

*\S/T*

Last edited by Bruce_Begins; 03-26-2013 at 08:30 AM.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:38 AM   #44
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Quote:

Yes, someone on my wave length lol. I just think that this would be the best way to go IF DC/WB wants to get as many properties made within a short amount of time...let's say the next 5-8 years AND devise a clever way of introducing many DC characters on screen and still milk the whole superhero movie craze.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post

Quote:
Which problem is that? Man of Steel is a standalone movie? 3 picture contract?
Renegotiate? If MOS is as good as they have been reporting, WB will make all the necessary "deals" to make either MOS 2 or 3 and JL happen. Trilogy or no.

They should make MOS the entry movie into the shared DC movie universe if that is he long term plan. It would be foolish not to. Superman is their premier superhero. So it should be him to usher the shared DC cinematic universe.

If they didn't, I'd be at a lost for words.
Yeah you could go that way, or just lock Cavill in and have him film MOS 2 after the JL film or films.

I could care less though if Bale comes back or not. If he does then that just means they will have to reboot Batman after the JL film(s). If he doesn't then that means the likelihood of using the JL Batman will be higher, though still not a guarantee.

p.s. on a side-note...is anyone else sort of pumped for this new G.I.Joe?! I feel like this movie is going to be the movie we should have gotten in the first place all though the previous seem to be showing a lot of Rock and Willis...and well now Tatum after they went back and re-shot scenes. I'm hoping that Cobra Commander is awesome in this one. For some reason I have gotten somewhat hype this past week for this film. Huh sorry just a random thought.

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)
Old 03-26-2013, 08:45 AM   #45
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

Make long -term plans, make Justice League movie into a trilogy, or at least a two part franchise.

Get Cavill, Bale signed up for the two (or three JL movies.)

No need to rush through to Batman reboot.

*\S/T*
Old 03-26-2013, 09:22 AM   #46
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

Why would anyone want Bale in the Justice League movie? It would only be confusing how different the universes from Nolan Batman and Snyder JL are

Last edited by TheWallCrawler; 03-26-2013 at 09:28 AM.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:28 AM   #47
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

Right now there is no plan for Batman reboot, then it would be better to make TDK trilogy take place before the events of MOS happen and then continue the same Batman into JL movie.

*\S/T*
Old 03-26-2013, 09:30 AM   #48
shauner111
Side-Kick

The doubters are going to be eating their words when it's revealed that Bale is in JL.

Old 03-26-2013, 09:32 AM   #49
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

Yeah, but the universes just don't fit. As good as the Nolan Batmans are, Christian Bale isn't that much of a iconic Batman that he'd fit here. Christian Bale is more like the Batman from a parallel universe story

Old 03-26-2013, 09:47 AM   #50
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWallCrawler View Post
Yeah, but the universes just don't fit. As good as the Nolan Batmans are, Christian Bale isn't that much of a iconic Batman that he'd fit here. Christian Bale is more like the Batman from a parallel universe story
I agree.

JL movie-verse would be nothing like the TDK trilogy. It's would be an entirely different interpretation, Bale would be portraying a different type of Batman there (not how he was in his earlier movies.)

A loose continuity at best. (There's a chance that Bale may not agree to be a part of this.)

The advantage of such an approach is that it leaves TDK trilogy as it is, for those who are opposed to see a batman with other super-powered Heroes, just don't go and see the JL movie.

*\S/T*
Closed Thread