The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

Closed Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 10:50 PM   #676
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Default Re: The Justice League Casting Thread - Part 5

IM3 sounds good on paper, exploring existential Tony Stark.
But the trailers do absolutely nothing for me. I don't buy any of the drama from what I've seen. Hopefully the movie pulls off what it's trying to because right now I don't think it is, and it's forgoing it's fun 'spark' in the process (which was present in IM1 and 2). Extremely generic music as well, and 90's style slowmo explosions.

Wolverine sounds good on paper as well. But from the trailer it looks like it has zero atmosphere, which is a shame. It looks really cold and vapid, cheap and cheezy, not unlike Origins. Good writing and acting from Jackman could always change that though.

Pacific Rim trailer makes me feel nothing either.

Neither does the Elysium trailer; super generic music and visual direction.

Man of Steel trailer is amazing, despite the generic music at the end of the trailer. The movie could still be the worst thing in the world though. Snyder did put out Sucker Punch and Owls of Ga'Hoole afterall. Also, I don't know if Cavill can bring the emotional weight in the line delivery or the confident spark and pathos that Reeve brought.

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 04-09-2013 at 10:54 PM.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:05 PM   #677
ЯɘvlveR
doilooklikeiknowwhatajpeg

the elysium trailer did it for me. I'd love it if blomkamp does some dc property in the future.

Last edited by ЯɘvlveR; 04-09-2013 at 11:28 PM.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:08 PM   #678
Sub-Zero
Ice Cold

If mos used the comic con footage music I think it would've been such a better trailer. The lion king sequel song used made me want to fast forward to the power up flight scene. I bet his power level is over 9000.

Im3 looks interesting. the kid side plot makes it seem hokey though.

Mos looks like the coolest movie so far. I'm eager to see more.almost a guarantee that
changes to the mythos will be made not just the lack of under/outer wear.

Wolverine doesn't look good. Like we get it. He has claws, he's gonna use them even though he's a master fighter. Now he's fighting the yakuza and hanging out with aliens with pink hair. Neat.

Cast a new bats,gl, WW, mm, flash, and aquaman already. I'm getting bored. Where's the fan film?

Bring on justice league already.

Old 04-09-2013, 11:47 PM   #679
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNarcHy2day View Post
shauner, you kidding me, right? Wolverine is gonna smoke Iron Man??? I love my Wolverine, but that movie looks like its gonna have a hard time at the BO!

But yeah, MoS, Pacific Rim and IM3 are definitely going to be the biggest movies of the year!
Didn't mean box office, I mean for my tastes in characters and in what I like to see in a film tonally, shooting locations, story, etc. Wolverine is just more appealing to me. I think it's going to be a better story and it's something ive wanted to see for Jackman's Wolverine since first seeing him in X-Men.

Ill see Iron Man, I saw the other 2 in the cinema. But ill go for a night out, im not excited whatsoever. If Downey wasn't in the role I probably wouldn't bother seeing any IM movies.

There's only 1 other film im more excited to see this year next to MOS, but it's not comic book related. Can't wait for Michael Shannon's Zod in particular!!

Old 04-09-2013, 11:58 PM   #680
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
IM3 sounds good on paper, exploring existential Tony Stark.
But the trailers do absolutely nothing for me. I don't buy any of the drama from what I've seen. Hopefully the movie pulls off what it's trying to because right now I don't think it is, and it's forgoing it's fun 'spark' in the process (which was present in IM1 and 2). Extremely generic music as well, and 90's style slowmo explosions.

Wolverine sounds good on paper as well. But from the trailer it looks like it has zero atmosphere, which is a shame. It looks really cold and vapid, cheap and cheezy, not unlike Origins. Good writing and acting from Jackman could always change that though.

Pacific Rim trailer makes me feel nothing either.

Neither does the Elysium trailer; super generic music and visual direction.

Man of Steel trailer is amazing, despite the generic music at the end of the trailer. The movie could still be the worst thing in the world though. Snyder did put out Sucker Punch and Owls of Ga'Hoole afterall. Also, I don't know if Cavill can bring the emotional weight in the line delivery or the confident spark and pathos that Reeve brought.
Those points I agree with, no doubt! But the last one, well, the music gave me goosebumps but it was because of the images that went with that music.

Pacific Rim looks like Transformers fighting aliens or something. I might see it cuz of the cast but it doesn't look like it's my cup of tea.

Elysium, visually there's some neat shots. But im not a huge fan of Matt Damon lead movies, plus everything else about the movie looks generic sci-fi (like Oblivion) so I might pass. Im more likely to see After Earth.

The other turn off for me lately is all the action movies that have that Inception-esque horn in each trailer. Most of those have that. It turns me off from the movie.

Old 04-10-2013, 12:27 AM   #681
aNarcHy2day
Screw You Mayans!

Lets just say- hypothetically-If there is a standalone JL- what would your cast be?

Obviously, the VERY big names like Gosling and Cooper are out. So who else can be cast. Remember, hypothetically... no connection to either TDK or MoS... a trilogy of its own...

I already named my choices for Batman and Superman...

Quote:
Right now if Bale's not coming back I'm leaning towards a self contained JL with Joe Manganiello as Batman and Armie Hammer as Superman!
Green Lantern/ Hal Jordan-Josh Duhamel
Wonder Woman- Gemma Arterton

I have no idea who to cast as Flash!
Ideas?

Old 04-10-2013, 01:22 AM   #682
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

^^ A separate JL movie with no ties to any other Batman or Superman movie that existed before is actually a good idea, it would have been received better but Marvel ruined all that with shared universe nonsense.

Flash (Barry Allen)-

Scott Porter

Flash (Wally West) would be -
Adam Brody

*\S/T*
Old 04-10-2013, 02:33 AM   #683
aNarcHy2day
Screw You Mayans!

I dunno... i don't like Scott porter as any major role... he comes off as very bland at least from what I have seen him in!

Also, what I am going for in this sort of casting is someone who is not a big star but is a decent enough actor and has been in the public eye for a while and are recognizable faces. Hence my choices from above.

Actually, a younger Wally West Flash for an independent JL series would not be a bad idea at all!

LOL... I do know Liam Hemsworth is better known for dating Miley Cyrus than anything else but he wouldn't have been very bad for a Wally West Flash either. I still hate him as an actor though-not because he's sodding bad or anything (he probably is) but because he doesn't bring anything into his performances!

Batman- Ben Affleck, 41
Superman- Henry Cavill, 29
Wonder Woman- Gal Gadot, 28
The Flash- Jake Gyllenhaal, 31
Green Lantern- Ryan Reynolds, 36; Idris Elba, 40
and
Vandal Savage- Javier Bardem, 43
Old 04-10-2013, 09:54 AM   #684
ЯɘvlveR

Quote:
Lets just say- hypothetically-If there is a standalone JL- what would your cast be?

Obviously, the VERY big names like Gosling and Cooper are out. So who else can be cast. Remember, hypothetically... no connection to either TDK or MoS... a trilogy of its own...

I already named my choices for Batman and Superman...

Green Lantern/ Hal Jordan-Josh Duhamel
Wonder Woman- Gemma Arterton

I have no idea who to cast as Flash!
Ideas?
i like these choices so I'll just add garett hedlund as barry.

Old 04-10-2013, 10:05 AM   #685
Rowsdower!
Business as usual

I've been watching Bates Motel lately and I really like Mike Vogel on that show. I know he was a Captain America candidate a while back. He lost out there, but the guy looks like he was born to play a superhero. It might be a stretch, but I could kinda see him as Batman. I know people will disagree (probably because he's blond and I guess they don't believe hair dye exists in Hollywood), but on that show, he does a good job playing an intimidating, dark character hiding a terrible secret. Not saying he's the best choice for the role, but certainly worth consideration.

Also, could people please stop suggesting other actors for Superman? Cavill is Superman. That's that. If he doesn't work in the role and Man of Steel flops critically and/or commercially, then there will be no Justice League movie. It's really that simple.

Old 04-10-2013, 10:33 AM   #686
Eddie Dean
I Am Not Nice

Vogel would make a good Flash.

Old 04-10-2013, 10:40 AM   #687
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Can someone do a manip of Vogel with black hair? I think he has a good look to and would make a good Flash, possibly Batman, and a few other characters also.

Haven't seen Bates Motel yet, but have been meaning to check it out. Didn't know he was in it.

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)
Old 04-10-2013, 10:46 AM   #688
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post

Well it looks more like Madden
well its not, so stop it your in love with Madden guy aren't you though I have to admit myself, he would probably be a great choice for Batman

Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
Old 04-10-2013, 12:08 PM   #689
Rowsdower!
Business as usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Black View Post
Can someone do a manip of Vogel with black hair? I think he has a good look to and would make a good Flash, possibly Batman, and a few other characters also.

Haven't seen Bates Motel yet, but have been meaning to check it out. Didn't know he was in it.
Definitely check it out. It's pretty awesome. And yeah, I could see him as Flash too.

Also, regarding Madden... I think he could possibly make a good Batman but he looks so much like Cavill to me that I would have to hope he wouldn't get the role. I have a hard enough time telling Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne apart in the comics... no need to have that also happen in the movies!

Old 04-10-2013, 01:02 PM   #690
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Ryan Gosling for Barry Allen.

Maybe Mike Vogel if he can act and Gosling won't do it.

Old 04-10-2013, 02:05 PM   #691
Rowsdower!
Business as usual

I do agree that Gosling is the best choice for Barry.

Old 04-10-2013, 03:05 PM   #692
ЯɘvlveR

mike vogel kicked the crap outta gosling in blue valentine. therefore vogel gets the part. *kidding*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post

Also, could people please stop suggesting other actors for Superman? Cavill is Superman. That's that. If he doesn't work in the role and Man of Steel flops critically and/or commercially, then there will be no Justice League movie. It's really that simple.
he did say hypothetical stand alone. nothing to get agro about.

Old 04-10-2013, 03:26 PM   #693
Rowsdower!
Business as usual

Haha, I totally forgot about that. Man, Vogel was a d**k in that movie.

Old 04-10-2013, 03:42 PM   #694
shauner111
Side-Kick

Fogel?

Old 04-10-2013, 04:57 PM   #695
Rodrigo90
Symbol of Fear

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephCAW View Post
well its not, so stop it your in love with Madden guy aren't you though I have to admit myself, he would probably be a great choice for Batman
Might as well switch interests since I found out Jane's got herself a midget boyfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Also, regarding Madden... I think he could possibly make a good Batman but he looks so much like Cavill to me that I would have to hope he wouldn't get the role. I have a hard enough time telling Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne apart in the comics... no need to have that also happen in the movies!
It's a point. But I'm hoping to see what time does for Madden. But here he looks like Cavill

And here with a fuller face and shorter hair, he doesn't

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
5. Green Goblin not wearing a mask and being mutated

Last edited by Rodrigo90; 04-10-2013 at 09:25 PM.
Old 04-10-2013, 09:12 PM   #696
Rorschach2012
$

Richard Madden looks like Batman in some pictures and not even a little bit in other pictures. I want an actor that looks like batman all the time,but Madden isn't a bad choice. I keep going back and forth on if i like him or not for Bats

Old 04-10-2013, 09:27 PM   #697
Rodrigo90
Symbol of Fear

I think he's worth a screen test.

He's got a lot to offer really judging from GOT.

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
5. Green Goblin not wearing a mask and being mutated
Old 04-10-2013, 09:28 PM   #698
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
Richard Madden looks like Batman in some pictures and not even a little bit in other pictures. I want an actor that looks like batman all the time,but Madden isn't a bad choice. I keep going back and forth on if i like him or not for Bats
you know, like Cavill, it helps that they can look like someone else, remember that first pic of Cavill as Superman? If I didnt know it was him I probably would have said it was someone else, his look can actually change which is great for a character like Superman.

If Madden can do that same, then thats equally good, these kinds of roles where they look one way in one shot, and then like someone else in another, perfect and more believable cause you can actually see the change

Snyder
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
Old 04-10-2013, 09:31 PM   #699
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid

oh and check it out, I really hope the next Batman suit is the new Arkham Origins suit, ppl said they wanted to Arkham games suit without the trunks, well they went and did it

hey Batman, what do you think of the new suit??

well...there you have it, Batman himself loves it, who's gonna argue with that

Snyder
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
Old 04-10-2013, 09:33 PM   #700
Rodrigo90
Symbol of Fear