The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League Parts One & Two

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 11:09 AM   #51
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Justice League Casting Thread - Part 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWallCrawler View Post
Yeah, but the universes just don't fit. As good as the Nolan Batmans are, Christian Bale isn't that much of a iconic Batman that he'd fit here. Christian Bale is more like the Batman from a parallel universe story
Maybe. But I kind of disagree. But it doesn't matter because it's all about business first. And Bale is good business, whether he's playing a rebooted Batman who is more like other mediums or if he's playing the same Batman.

Old 03-26-2013, 12:18 PM   #52
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by erehwon0 View Post
Which problem is that? Man of Steel is a standalone movie? 3 picture contract?
Renegotiate? If MOS is as good as they have been reporting, WB will make all the necessary "deals" to make either MOS 2 or 3 and JL happen. Trilogy or no.

They should make MOS the entry movie into the shared DC movie universe if that is he long term plan. It would be foolish not to. Superman is their premier superhero. So it should be him to usher the shared DC cinematic universe.

If they didn't, I'd be at a lost for words.
Would Cavill be Superman in the JLTrilogy?
If so, he needs a new contract.
Will the Man of Steel series continue?
Which series takes precedence, the in commencement MOS series or JL?
The problem of a potential half decade gap between MOS and Superman II if JL series comes first.
If Cavill is not Superman, does MOS continue?

etc, etc.

I'd like to see a trilogy of JL films with Bale and Cavill, but it just seems like the most inopportune time to make them.

Old 03-26-2013, 12:38 PM   #53
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Absolutely! Thanks. Ive heard things from different people now, that he's been on their radar for many years as the Flash. So I have no doubt that WB will be asking him before anyone else.
Welcome! And I hope that is true, I really do hope they offer him it first, he's an ideal fit.

Quote:
Gosling would do huge numbers (if written well) in a solo Flash. But WB shouldn't think about that. Try to get Ryan for JL first, put the focus on that. After the movie, see if he would be down for a one-off solo film, and get Goyer to pull out his old script or maybe create a new one that satisfies Ryan. Maybe get him to choose his director. If he doesn't want to do it, they can always put it on the backburner or wait a little bit to use a younger actor in a origin story. But getting Gosling and Bale in the same movie, would be beyond huge.
I'd definitely get Goyer to write a new one. The old one wasn't that great, it had some wacky concepts (The Turtle Man was the main villain , kills Barry Allen at the beginning , turns Barry's coworker into "Reverse Flash", and Wally West becomes The Flash in it but is never Kid Flash, etc, the spirit of Barry Allen gives Wally his powers in a lightning bolt years after Barry's death while he goes for a walk to visit Barry's memorial one night - the script is definitely written with Reynolds in mind as the lead, which would have worked fine back in '07 when Goyer's Flash was scheduled to be made, but it's the wrong direction to go, IMO, so I'm glad it never happened) - I'd say rewrite or get someone to do a new one. Goyer is a good writer but that was before he was "Goyer", IMO, some of his stuff has been hit and miss, that one was definitely more of a miss. He does more hits now, so who knows what could come of him doing a new one. We'll see I guess. They need to do a Barry origin movie though, in my opinion.

Quote:
You want to get more female audience members too?? You got Cavill, Bale, Gosling, who knows who would be playing GL plus you have Wonder Woman kicking ass and not playing the damsel in distress. The chicks dig that stuff lol.
No question all of those guys are massive babe magnets. I wonder if Bradley Cooper would be Hal Jordan if they use him...I could see it. Just slap a mask and ring on his "Face" character in the A-Team movie and you got Hal Jordan. Although I could see Josh Duhamel in the role, I doubt they'd give him it though, and truthfully, like I said before, I'd be okay with them using John Stewart if they chose so to further put distance between JL and the GL movie, even though I definitely don't think Hal Jordan is hardly beyond redemption.

Old 03-26-2013, 01:20 PM   #54
Rorschach2012
$

Cavill as Superman, Bale as Batman, Blunt as Wonder Woman, Gosling as Flash, and Cooper as Hal. I don't think anyone would have a problem with that cast. Imo thats the best choices, those names are familiar and would bring people in to see the movie, but they aren't too famous to be cast right now. And all are solid actors and actresses that would fit perfectly with Cavill and Bale

Btw- Shauner- you and i have the exact same cast ahaha nice taste. Im thinking about putting that cast in my sig too. If people at WB read these forums they need to see the best people for these roles.

Old 03-26-2013, 01:26 PM   #55
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Am I the only person who doesn't want Cooper as Hal?

Old 03-26-2013, 01:27 PM   #56
combocaz
Side-Kick

All WB have to do is sign up bale and morgan freeman and they all come a running.

Cyborg -Ray Fisher
Aquaman -Jason Momoa
The Flash Ezra Miller
Green Lantern ?????
Old 03-26-2013, 01:47 PM   #57
Rodrigo90
Humor is so tasteless

So...

Bale will return as Batman in the JL. Reopening the Nolanverse, merging it with the Synderverse.

Then making a Batman reboot after Synder's MOS and JL are finished?

Old 03-26-2013, 02:09 PM   #58
The Watchman
Balls McGee

That would be my supposition.

I just blue myself
Old 03-26-2013, 02:11 PM   #59
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
Not my first choice, but he's not the worst. I could see it. But he's a 5/10 as far as a Hal Jordan casting goes for me, not a spot on 10/10.

Old 03-26-2013, 02:29 PM   #60
Rodrigo90
Humor is so tasteless

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watchman View Post
That would be my supposition.
But what will happen if WB decide to spawn the Flash and Wonder Woman movies from the JL?

Old 03-26-2013, 02:53 PM   #61
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
Nope mine either. Looks like you, me and Kevin are in agreement lol.

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)
Old 03-26-2013, 03:01 PM   #62
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

cooper's more guy then hal imo.

yes reboot the bat after the jl arc is over. no more bat films for the time being either. let the wondys and the flashes have their day.

Old 03-26-2013, 03:12 PM   #63
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
Welcome! And I hope that is true, I really do hope they offer him it first, he's an ideal fit.

I'd definitely get Goyer to write a new one. The old one wasn't that great, it had some wacky concepts (The Turtle Man was the main villain , kills Barry Allen at the beginning , turns Barry's coworker into "Reverse Flash", and Wally West becomes The Flash in it but is never Kid Flash, etc, the spirit of Barry Allen gives Wally his powers in a lightning bolt years after Barry's death while he goes for a walk to visit Barry's memorial one night - the script is definitely written with Reynolds in mind as the lead, which would have worked fine back in '07 when Goyer's Flash was scheduled to be made, but it's the wrong direction to go, IMO, so I'm glad it never happened) - I'd say rewrite or get someone to do a new one. Goyer is a good writer but that was before he was "Goyer", IMO, some of his stuff has been hit and miss, that one was definitely more of a miss. He does more hits now, so who knows what could come of him doing a new one. We'll see I guess. They need to do a Barry origin movie though, in my opinion.

No question all of those guys are massive babe magnets. I wonder if Bradley Cooper would be Hal Jordan if they use him...I could see it. Just slap a mask and ring on his "Face" character in the A-Team movie and you got Hal Jordan. Although I could see Josh Duhamel in the role, I doubt they'd give him it though, and truthfully, like I said before, I'd be okay with them using John Stewart if they chose so to further put distance between JL and the GL movie, even though I definitely don't think Hal Jordan is hardly beyond redemption.
OMG I had no idea that was in Goyers script. That sounds terrible. He's a great idea man but he needs to be monitored when writing. So I guess a new one is inevitable, one that fits this universe.

The last one was said to be more serious. Se7en meets Matrix was the description. Maybe they can take some of those ideas and create a new script. But like I said, concentrate on getting Gosling as Flash for just JL, do the movie, then think of the rest.

Josh Duhamel looks the part very well, but I don't think he'll get it. He's older than Bale. Bradley Cooper auditioned for GL and started doing a batman voice lol! That's the only reason why he didn't get it. If they can call him back up and tell him to audition with his normal approach, he'll get it in a second. He's worked with Bale and Gosling both now, so he would be down to try it again I hope.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
Cavill as Superman, Bale as Batman, Blunt as Wonder Woman, Gosling as Flash, and Cooper as Hal. I don't think anyone would have a problem with that cast. Imo thats the best choices, those names are familiar and would bring people in to see the movie, but they aren't too famous to be cast right now. And all are solid actors and actresses that would fit perfectly with Cavill and Bale

Btw- Shauner- you and i have the exact same cast ahaha nice taste. Im thinking about putting that cast in my sig too. If people at WB read these forums they need to see the best people for these roles.
Haha touché!

Nice, I think so too. Imagine the amount of dudes going crazy for a cast like that?! Plus the amount of chicks flocking to the theater to see a superhero movie!? Even without their boyfriends!? haha seriously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
So...

Bale will return as Batman in the JL. Reopening the Nolanverse, merging it with the Synderverse.

Then making a Batman reboot after Synder's MOS and JL are finished?
I have no problem with that whatsoever. I prefer it. Even though I know ur first choice would be to use Bale in just Snyder's version without Nolan.

I like that too, but right now it's my second choice.

What's good about using Nolan-verse Bats, Is we don't need Batman movies for a long time. Which helps them concentrate on finishing the Man Of Steel, and putting the focus on Flash and WW. It's the way it should be anyway. Cuz Batman tends to over shadow.

Last edited by shauner111; 03-26-2013 at 03:15 PM.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:32 PM   #64
Rodrigo90
Humor is so tasteless

As long as we get a reboot in the future...with Jane Levy as Harley, I'm fine

Old 03-26-2013, 03:43 PM   #65
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
OMG I had no idea that was in Goyers script. That sounds terrible. He's a great idea man but he needs to be monitored when writing. So I guess a new one is inevitable, one that fits this universe.
Yeah, parts of it were well written as far as the thing goes on the whole, he is a good writer, but there was just too much Ghost Rider level stuff in it for my taste.

Quote:
The last one was said to be more serious. Se7en meets Matrix was the description. Maybe they can take some of those ideas and create a new script. But like I said, concentrate on getting Gosling as Flash for just JL, do the movie, then think of the rest.
Oooh, really? Who was writing it if you remember? I'd love to get myhands on that if I could...do you know how far they got with it? Is there at least a first draft somewhere you think?

Quote:
Josh Duhamel looks the part very well, but I don't think he'll get it. He's older than Bale. Bradley Cooper auditioned for GL and started doing a batman voice lol! That's the only reason why he didn't get it. If they can call him back up and tell him to audition with his normal approach, he'll get it in a second. He's worked with Bale and Gosling both now, so he would be down to try it again I hope.
Was he serious when he did that lol? I had no idea he did that hahaha. If so, and either way honestly, that's hilarious! I somehow like him more after hearing that, lol. And that's pretty much exactly why I don't think Duhamel would get the part, the studio would think he's too old now.

Quote:
What's good about using Nolan-verse Bats, Is we don't need Batman movies for a long time. Which helps them concentrate on finishing the Man Of Steel, and putting the focus on Flash and WW. It's the way it should be anyway. Cuz Batman tends to over shadow.
Yeah, we don't really need a new Batman for a few years yet, IMO.

Old 03-26-2013, 04:01 PM   #66
shauner111
Side-Kick

It's not available. I think the writers of GL wrote it and said it was very different in tone to their GL script.

Yeah Bradley said it was the only way he knew how to do it or something lol. Ill try to find the interview.

Old 03-26-2013, 04:43 PM   #67
RachelDawes
Gotham Attorney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
I agree.

JL movie-verse would be nothing like the TDK trilogy. It's would be an entirely different interpretation, Bale would be portraying a different type of Batman there (not how he was in his earlier movies.)

A loose continuity at best. (There's a chance that Bale may not agree to be a part of this.)

The advantage of such an approach is that it leaves TDK trilogy as it is, for those who are opposed to see a batman with other super-powered Heroes, just don't go and see the JL movie.
A loose continuity with Bale would confuse the hell out of the audience.

Old 03-26-2013, 05:31 PM   #68
solidsnake86
Side-Kick

Quote:
It's not available. I think the writers of GL wrote it and said it was very different in tone to their GL script.

Yeah Bradley said it was the only way he knew how to do it or something lol. Ill try to find the interview.
Ya the GL writers did write the script but its not available. Although some mods here have heard good things about the script and have said WB liked it as well.

I would definitely like to read it though.

Old 03-28-2013, 03:39 PM   #69
J'adore
Vous

Quote:
As long as we get a reboot in the future...with Jane Levy as Harley, I'm fine
Stop

Old 03-28-2013, 03:40 PM   #70
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by J'adore View Post
Stop
I second this... at this point its spamming...

She's cute though!

Old 03-28-2013, 04:00 PM   #71
Rodrigo90
Humor is so tasteless

Lol...yeah. I can't be arsed with it anymore. Having a crush can be irritating

Old 03-28-2013, 04:15 PM   #72
Frodo
Side-Kick

If its a Nolan/Snyder/Goyer JLA then

Superman/Clark Kent: Henry Cavill
Batman/Bruce Wayne: Christan Bale
Wonder Woman: Charlize Theron
Green Lanturn/ Jon Stewart: Idris Elba
Flash/ Barry Allen: Eddie Redmaynne
Arrow/Oliver Queen: Stephen Amell
Maxwell Lord : Goran Visnjic
Lady Shiva : Michelle Yeoh
Amanda Waller : Viola Davis
Lois Lane : Amy Adams
Lucius Fox : Morgan Freeman
Steve Trevor : Josh Dallas
Felicity Smoak: Emily Bett Rickards
The President : William Devane

Old 03-29-2013, 09:22 AM   #73
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
I second this... at this point its spamming...

She's cute though!
Quote:
Lol...yeah. I can't be arsed with it anymore. Having a crush can be irritating
Meh, it's not spamming...dude is just voicing his opinion. No different than Gosling, Gylenhaal, Blunt or Cooper always being brought up. At least Jane's a sexy minx lol.

Anywho, I don't think Duhammel is too old. He looks very young for his age. Keep in mind these people are actors and the characters they portray on screen don't have to be the age they are in real life. If they want to make GL 35 when Duhammel is 40/42 then that is perfectly fine and feasible.

I like Blunt, but am not 100% sold on her for the role yet. I can still see it going to someone else....depending on the direction they take the story and character.

Oh and Rodrigo my choices for Harley have always been: Brittany Murphy (RIP), and Kristin Belle. However, I wouldn't mind seeing Jane as Batgirl.

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)
Old 03-29-2013, 10:57 AM   #74
shauner111
Side-Kick

I can definitely see the role going to someone else other than Emily Blunt, even though she's a top choice for me. I think if Lynn Collins got back in shape (which she has time) she might be the best choice of all of them.

She wouldn't get payed as much as Blunt. She's basically played a warrior/princess before in John Carter, even though that movie was a cheesefest. She's done well as a supporting character in many things over the years, when it comes to playing off the male characters well. She had the tone (more toned than Blunt, less than Carano) which was perfect imo. She's worked with JGL in the past as well, so adding him in a small role could be cool...in the same way that he's worked with Blunt.

She's very much in the middle of all the choices, which is how I see WW in this gang. She's not as big as Superman/Batman, but she'll be treated as a bigger property than Green Lantern/Flash.

Old 03-29-2013, 11:38 AM   #75
Rorschach2012
$

Jane Levy as Harley is a good suggestion Rodrigo I wasn't trying to be a Dick Grayson. I always spam the Cavill, Bale, Blunt, Gosling, and Cooper suggestions anyways

Closed Thread