Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > PC

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 05:08 PM   #201
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Default Re: Avengers Alliance - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bim View Post
One more cover to go! I remain hopeful i'll get her without spending any gold on lockboxes. I spent some gold already getting the CP's i needed to get Psylocke, but oh well. At least i have all the heroes i need and i'm more than halfway through mission 3. I'm on my way to face Loki, hopefully by tomorrow i'll have Vision. Did any of you 3-bird the boss in mission 1? How tough is it? I might have to do that in order to maximize the isos, unless i win the jackpot tomorrow in the roulette and get 100 or more.
It's really not all that hard. I used Tact Avengers BW and Infil Avengers Hawkeye, with blaster agent, and took it pretty easily. You won't get heavy overkill bonuses, but the the team-up bonuses makes up for it somewhat.

Old 04-22-2013, 05:55 PM   #202
Bim
Side-Kick

Aah tnx for the tip. Will try that when they return from making me some silver, since i have 28 isos left today

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Old 04-22-2013, 07:03 PM   #203
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Aah tnx for the tip. Will try that when they return from making me some silver, since i have 28 isos left today
Really any combo of a blaster, tactician, and infiltrator will work. You can even get by with no blaster and fill it in with two of either infil/tact.

Old 04-23-2013, 09:36 AM   #204
Bim
Side-Kick

Yeah, it was quite easy. I used Avengers infiltrator Black Widow and Emma Frost (to mental anguish the heck out of all of them lol), with my generalist agent

Edit: Vision recruited!

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p

Last edited by Bim; 04-23-2013 at 11:13 AM.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:09 PM   #205
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Chapter 12 is here and so is Union Jack (90 CP scrapper).

Old 04-23-2013, 05:20 PM   #206
Morg
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
Chapter 12 is here and so is Union Jack (90 CP scrapper).
I might get Union Jack, earn enough CP thanks to all those lock boxes I open

Old 04-23-2013, 06:02 PM   #207
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant

How the hell do we avoid White Phoenix's Phoenix Fire? I'm tired of facing her and her unavoidable attack that takes more the 60% of the health of all my fighters.
And it doesn't matter if I kill her because she comes back. It doesn't matter if I kill her again because she comes back again.

Old 04-23-2013, 07:25 PM   #208
Morg
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jick09 View Post
How the hell do we avoid White Phoenix's Phoenix Fire? I'm tired of facing her and her unavoidable attack that takes more the 60% of the health of all my fighters.
And it doesn't matter if I kill her because she comes back. It doesn't matter if I kill her again because she comes back again.
?? never had troubles with Phoenix, Black Widow usually takes care of her and my agent has that Baron sword that gives me health and my heroes

Old 04-23-2013, 07:53 PM   #209
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jick09 View Post
I've faced Phoenix in PVP pretty much one out of every three fights, and she's a bit tricky to fight again. I'd usually bring her down close to death, but I'd try to kill another enemy first, before killing her. That enemy will be resurrected, but if you do it right you can kill her without letting her come back. But even Phoenix Fire hits, you can still win the game, because she will only have 20% health so it shouldn't be too hard to kill her. Don't let her linger around too long, though.

Oh, and like Morg said tact GS BW is a great hero to counter Phoenix, since most of them are Blaster and BW can take her out in one turn.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 04-24-2013, 01:20 AM   #210
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Man did they ever nerf PVP bonuses. I lost around 20k to both my offense and defense armory bonuses after they adjusted the PVP values of all the free deploy weapons (I had 29 slotted in my armory.) If they couldn't make people hate that section anymore, they just did it again. PD should just say that they like gold buyers only and want to get rid of all the free players.

Old 04-24-2013, 07:14 AM   #211
StreetWarrior
Respectfully disagreeing.

Well, I completed all of the lockbox tasks and beat Ultron a couple of times ... and I'm still sitting at 7/8 lockboxes. WTF

Old 04-25-2013, 12:33 AM   #212
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Playdom is already teasing SO9 (but took it down for some reason) and it looks to have a deep tie-in to the impending release of IM3. Pretty sure we're going to be getting the new IM and WM alts, plus Rescue as the SO hero.

Old 04-25-2013, 10:14 AM   #213
Bim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Playdom is already teasing SO9 (but took it down for some reason) and it looks to have a deep tie-in to the impending release of IM3. Pretty sure we're going to be getting the new IM and WM alts, plus Rescue as the SO hero.
It's about time they upgrade those guys.

Old 04-25-2013, 10:48 AM   #214
StreetWarrior
Respectfully disagreeing.

New Iron Man and War Machine would be cool. Rescue is lame though. Here's a character that has appeared in less than 50 issues and was only around for 2 years. I think I'm gonna sit this one out.

Old 04-25-2013, 11:08 PM   #215
Raiden

I think they are not just going to have the Iron Man and War Machine alts in Spec Ops 9, but they will probably revamp both of them and introduce some new mechanics like they did for Wolverine (with the Adamantium trait) just before X-23 came out. Rescue will also benefit from the new changes to IM & WM. Unfortunately, it looks like we'll have to wait another week before SO9 comes out (since SO8 still has 3 more days).

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 04-25-2013, 11:20 PM   #216
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
I think they are not just going to have the Iron Man and War Machine alts in Spec Ops 9, but they will probably revamp both of them and introduce some new mechanics like they did for Wolverine (with the Adamantium trait) just before X-23 came out. Rescue will also benefit from the new changes to IM & WM. Unfortunately, it looks like we'll have to wait another week before SO9 comes out (since SO8 still has 3 more days).
SO8 is ending next Monday around 11 AM PDT so I'm really expecting SO9 to be Thursday or Friday of next week, just in time for IM3's US opening. I really do hope they revamp WM and IM so their skills are more complimentary and usable. With IM, everyone just uses his unibeam projection since none of his other skills are really worth a darn.

Last edited by Webfoot Hero; 04-25-2013 at 11:23 PM.
Old 04-26-2013, 06:24 AM   #217
Raiden

Quote:
SO8 is ending next Monday around 11 AM PDT so I'm really expecting SO9 to be Thursday or Friday of next week, just in time for IM3's US opening. I really do hope they revamp WM and IM so their skills are more complimentary and usable. With IM, everyone just uses his unibeam projection since none of his other skills are really worth a darn.
Yeah, me too. I just can't imagine they simply give them the alts without some total revamping, especially since they're actually building an entire Spec Ops around Iron Man. If they can bring Nightcrawler from bottom-feeder to the top, then they can do it for any hero.

Old 04-26-2013, 10:12 AM   #218
Bim
Side-Kick

This was posted on facebook today:
Quote:
Take on new villains and new challenges with Iron Man’s Mark 42 armor when Extremis hits Marvel: Avengers Alliance in the upcoming Spec Op! Enlist now, Agents! http://play.dm/q0020

I'm almost done 4-staring mission 3 (already did missions 1 and 2), and hopefully with the 48 lockboxes i'm getting i can finally get the last comic book cover i need, because lately all i get are duplicates

Old 04-26-2013, 01:09 PM   #219
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

The only thing I'm doing in SO8 now is Mission 2 as I'm trying for the Nuclear Fuel Rod weapon. Only mission-specific one I haven't gotten yet. Probably got one, maybe two, more runs to get it.

Old 04-26-2013, 02:26 PM   #220
Bim
Side-Kick

Omega Sentinel recruited! and with 45 lockboxes to spare. Got a few CP opening the rest, so i'm quite happy atm. I'm gonna hold off buying any new heroes until i see what the alt Iron Man (and likely War Machine) will cost. I'll focus on leveling up all the new heroes i have . I gotta focus on the regular chapters though, cause i cant open chapter 12 since i need 177 stars, and i'm missing a few .... oops!

Old 04-26-2013, 02:39 PM   #221
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Omega Sentinel recruited! and with 45 lockboxes to spare. Got a few CP opening the rest, so i'm quite happy atm. I'm gonna hold off buying any new heroes until i see what the alt Iron Man (and likely War Machine) will cost. I'll focus on leveling up all the new heroes i have . I gotta focus on the regular chapters though, cause i cant open chapter 12 since i need 177 stars, and i'm missing a few .... oops!
Usually once you get that 48 lockbox task, you're going to get the hero. After getting Omega Sentinel, I've probably opened an extra 100-130 lockboxes, where I've gotten plenty of CP, Isos, energy packs and consumables but no unique weapons I don't already have.

Old 04-26-2013, 08:39 PM   #222
Morg
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Valkyrie on sale for 200, going pass on that 'sale'

Old 04-26-2013, 09:07 PM   #223
Bim
Side-Kick

^Wow, they call that a sale!? geesh lol. I'm happy i have her already.

Quote:
Usually once you get that 48 lockbox task, you're going to get the hero. After getting Omega Sentinel, I've probably opened an extra 100-130 lockboxes, where I've gotten plenty of CP, Isos, energy packs and consumables but no unique weapons I don't already have.
I havent even noticed the weapons i've received tbh, i should go to my inventory and check it out.

Old 04-26-2013, 09:27 PM   #224
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant

I hope they continue with the group boss battles. That was quite fun and useful.

Old 04-26-2013, 10:24 PM   #225
Hellion
He's Not Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morg View Post
Valkyrie on sale for 200, going pass on that 'sale'
Havok, Emma Frost, Magik, Mockingbird, YES!

Valkryie...pass...