The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > The Wolverine

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 10:41 AM   #251
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: The Stealth Express of Doom News & Discussion Thread:

I just finished that game a few weeks ago (I got an Xbox last year, I'm still catching up). I would love to see a sequel to that game, the setup for one at the end looked amazing.

Old 03-30-2013, 11:15 AM   #252
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Yeah, me too. That game was pretty fun to play. The story was still meh (and they more less cut out any pre-Deadpool Wade Wilson as well as other changes), but I did love the opening and ending movies.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.

Last edited by The Infernal; 03-30-2013 at 11:21 AM.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:19 AM   #253
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

It definitely wasn't the greatest games. The biggest flaw was that it got repetitive after a while, but I still like it a lot more than the actual movie. Mostly because Logan doesn't get portrayed as a sissy and he actually gets his hands dirty on a team mission. I really haven't played it in a while, but I seem to remember that overall it handled the story a lot better than the Movie did. Also, there was no magical bullet if I remember correctly. Sadly they couldn't fix "Deadpool" though.

Old 03-30-2013, 11:25 AM   #254
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Yeah, they actually went the helmet route with the game. I wonder if the game is closer to an earlier version of the script. The helmet does cameo in the film as well. I think the story is handled better, but not by much if I'm honest.

I quite liked the Sabretooth fight near the beginning. I love throwing Creed into all sorts of things and seeing his own healing factor work (same with Deadpool to a point).

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 03-30-2013, 11:27 AM   #255
Nathan

Yeah, just finished the fight with Creed and now I'm trying to escape the Weapon X Facility. I still love the easter eggs, like the Mission 1 DMC3 music, when you hit the Jukebox in the bar.

Old 03-30-2013, 11:33 AM   #256
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Yeah, just finished the fight with Creed and now I'm trying to escape the Weapon X Facility. I still love the easter eggs, like the Mission 1 DMC3 music, when you hit the Jukebox in the bar.
There's also a LOST reference...in the first level. You can find the hatch out in the jungle and you get an achievement "Found"

Old 03-30-2013, 11:33 AM   #257
Superhero 101
DESI

Aren't they working on that new deadpool game coming out this year?

Old 03-30-2013, 11:33 AM   #258
DarknessOfDeath
Saving the Galaxy...

This game sounds cool...is it available for PC?

Old 03-30-2013, 11:39 AM   #259
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarknessOfDeath View Post
This game sounds cool...is it available for PC?
Yarp.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 03-30-2013, 11:43 AM   #260
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superhero 101 View Post
Aren't they working on that new deadpool game coming out this year?
No, that's High Moon. I'm particularly looking forward to that one.

Old 03-30-2013, 11:50 AM   #261
DarknessOfDeath
Saving the Galaxy...

oh i thought you were talking about X-Men Legends...

Old 03-30-2013, 12:04 PM   #262
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
No, that's High Moon. I'm particularly looking forward to that one.
Looking forward to that. Glad that they aren't comprising and it's another M rated game. Since Raven Software doesn't seem to be doing anything anymore, and if Deadpool is well received, maybe High Moon could become the go-to guys for Marvel games. I want another Wolverine and Punisher game.

Old 03-30-2013, 02:03 PM   #263
Double B
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity9999x View Post
See, I never minded the Origins cut. It was the only time I thought they did a decent job of making Wolverine's hair look like it could have naturally grown that way. This shorter cut does as well. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a fan of the movie, but the hair was one thing I thought they did okay in origins.
I think it looked a little too... pretty, I guess? Like he was a Loreal spokesman. It was very shiny and glossy.

Old 03-30-2013, 02:09 PM   #264
Legion
Side-Kick

Quote:
It definitely wasn't the greatest games. The biggest flaw was that it got repetitive after a while, but I still like it a lot more than the actual movie. Mostly because Logan doesn't get portrayed as a sissy and he actually gets his hands dirty on a team mission. I really haven't played it in a while, but I seem to remember that overall it handled the story a lot better than the Movie did. Also, there was no magical bullet if I remember correctly. Sadly they couldn't fix "Deadpool" though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
Yeah, they actually went the helmet route with the game. I wonder if the game is closer to an earlier version of the script. The helmet does cameo in the film as well. I think the story is handled better, but not by much if I'm honest.

I quite liked the Sabretooth fight near the beginning. I love throwing Creed into all sorts of things and seeing his own healing factor work (same with Deadpool to a point).
Nope, the Magic bullet was still in it. It seemed more brutal though. It was one shot and it happened very quickly so it was a bit shocking. Then when Wolverine was out cold Kayla drowned herself in the water. When Wolverine awoke he was alone with no memory of her and no trace of her in sight. Pretty much everything was handled better in the game than in the movie...

Old 03-30-2013, 02:31 PM   #265
Nathan

Yeah, I checked, the bullet is there. But isn't it implied that Kayla took his memory? So basically the bullet knocked him out, just like in X2 when the Cop shot him, but Kayla wiped his mind to give him a fresh start.

Old 03-30-2013, 02:54 PM   #266
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion View Post
Nope, the Magic bullet was still in it. It seemed more brutal though. It was one shot and it happened very quickly so it was a bit shocking. Then when Wolverine was out cold Kayla drowned herself in the water. When Wolverine awoke he was alone with no memory of her and no trace of her in sight. Pretty much everything was handled better in the game than in the movie...
Here's what I'm talking about. Though I forgot that it doesn't work and they still use the bullet route as well. Personally I don't think the scene with Stryker shooting Wolverine is handled any better in the game.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Also after viewing this after so long I do think they didn't quite capture Jackman's performance. If they were to do another game then I'd strongly suggest using the Uncharted method of motion capture so they can get a more authentic look and feel for the character in game. Plus I think an actor of Hugh's background would appreciate that kind of performance.

Quote:
Looking forward to that. Glad that they aren't comprising and it's another M rated game. Since Raven Software doesn't seem to be doing anything anymore, and if Deadpool is well received, maybe High Moon could become the go-to guys for Marvel games. I want another Wolverine and Punisher game.
Yeah. Punisher was another fun game. Not perfect, but quite fun. I think it also showcased that Tom Jane did like to have fun as the Punisher. I would love to see him back, especially after Dirty Laundry. I'd also love a Wolverine/Punisher crossover. Either in game or something similar to what Jane did with Dirty Laundry.

Old 03-30-2013, 02:58 PM   #267
Nathan

Man, I hope the Punisher gets a cameo in the new Deadpool game. Maybe even a full mission based on the comic, where Deadpool gets paid to whack him.

Old 03-30-2013, 03:03 PM   #268
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

lol, that would be great and funny to see. I'm personally hoping for a Wolverine cameo so Deadpool can rip on him (there is at least a Wolverine toy in the game lol).

Old 03-30-2013, 03:37 PM   #269
Legion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yeah, I checked, the bullet is there. But isn't it implied that Kayla took his memory? So basically the bullet knocked him out, just like in X2 when the Cop shot him, but Kayla wiped his mind to give him a fresh start.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-qWaNC7b2Q

That's not what I took from it. She say's something like "You always wanted to forget...If you remember me, remember that I loved you."

Old 03-30-2013, 03:42 PM   #270
Nathan

It makes more sense that she erased his memory in that moment. It'd be kinda weird for her to immediately jump to the conclusion that he lost his memory, just because he got a bullet to the head. Especially since he's got an adamantium skull.

Old 03-30-2013, 05:03 PM   #271
Legion
Side-Kick

Quote:
It makes more sense that she erased his memory in that moment. It'd be kinda weird for her to immediately jump to the conclusion that he lost his memory, just because he got a bullet to the head. Especially since he's got an adamantium skull.
It's not jumping to conclusions though...Stryker said earlier that the adamantium bullet would completely erase his memory.

Old 03-30-2013, 05:14 PM   #272
Nathan

Ah, crap. I just watched that clip infernal posted. Why didn't they fix that? What dumbass thought that would actually work? Makes me want to beat the guy who wrote that with the Movie's script. "Hey, let's have him get shot with an adamantium bullet. It won't penetrate his skull, but he'll have a headache so big, he won't remember a thing."

Old 03-31-2013, 06:11 AM   #273
def28
Side-Kick

I'm guessing this is bs or just old, but read on an X men trivia wiki and a few boards around the net saying Psylocke was cut out of the script and Indian actress Priyanka Chopra was being considered to play her.

Was there any other info on this? First time I heard that rumor.

Last edited by def28; 03-31-2013 at 06:45 AM.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:21 AM   #274
Cagefighterkip
Mr. Golightly

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
I'm guessing this is bs or just old, but read on an X men trivia wiki and a few boards around the net saying Psylocke was cut out of the script and Indian actress Priyanka Chopra was being considered to play her.

Was there any other info on this? First time I heard that rumor.
I only ever read or heard about this on imdb around mid-2011, so while it could be true, being imdb (at the time) I didn't believe it. If anybody else has info, I too would like to hear about it.

I do love me some Psylocke...

Children are not born conservative bigots. They're molded to become them by their elders. Let's leave the world a better place, people.

Love and let love. Live and let live. #NOH8
Old 03-31-2013, 01:40 PM   #275
Nathan

Finally finished the game. Repetitive, but still fun and gloriously brutal. I still hope one day we'll get a Movie as bloody and awesome as these cinematics. I don't actually need to see severed limbs lying on the floor or soldiers trying to keep their intestines inside, but I'd actually like to see a decent amount of blood when Wolverine runs around stabbing people.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Closed Thread