Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 11:19 AM   #801
narrows101
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Stealth Express of Doom News & Discussion Thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by squeekness View Post
Those are some really nice shots.....
Those were taken in L.A. the day after the Oscars (Monday) before Hugh had to head back to Atlanta for "Prisoners" filming.

"It's not just that they don't make 'em like Hugh Jackman anymore - they never did."

"Hugh Jackman cruised in to a roaring crowd oozing more sex appeal then Prince Charming riding a horse called Charisma into the land of Suave."

"Hugh is not supposed to exist. You’re not supposed to be that macho, that tender and that athletic, and be able to sing." - Anne Hathaway
Old 06-03-2013, 11:31 AM   #802
Jacky
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by narrows101 View Post
More from Empire:
*le gasp* Those are amazing! I love the claw marks on the walls. Any idea if these are out there in high res somewhere?

Old 06-03-2013, 11:48 AM   #803
narrows101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacky View Post
*le gasp* Those are amazing! I love the claw marks on the walls. Any idea if these are out there in high res somewhere?
Just found these searching around. They're from Empire magazine but I haven't seen any high res.

"It's not just that they don't make 'em like Hugh Jackman anymore - they never did."

"Hugh Jackman cruised in to a roaring crowd oozing more sex appeal then Prince Charming riding a horse called Charisma into the land of Suave."

"Hugh is not supposed to exist. You’re not supposed to be that macho, that tender and that athletic, and be able to sing." - Anne Hathaway
Old 06-03-2013, 03:51 PM   #804
Jacky
Side-Kick

Kay, thanks
I just did some googling myself, if anyone's interested, the best I found is here:
http://m.cdn.blog.hu/ae/aeonflux/ima...e_empire4n.jpg

Old 06-04-2013, 04:56 AM   #805
TheJediBrah
Side-Kick

There is something I don't understand about "The Wolverine". The trailer makes a huge deal about how the old guy can "cure" Wolverine's mutation/immortality, and Wolverine is all like "no way that's impossible" . . .

But wasn't the last film, X-Men 3, about a cure that they had? And Wolverine was fighting among the mess knowing all about the cure. So if he really wanted to be cured it's not a big deal.

This makes no sense.

Old 06-04-2013, 05:39 AM   #806
BMM
Side-Kick

The difference being Wolverine's state of mind. That's where we find him at the beginning of The Wolverine--he's done with it all, especially after having killed Jean.

Old 06-04-2013, 11:40 AM   #807
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

X3 never went into it, but Wolverine would not have been able to take the cure. The adamantium on his skeleton isn't a mutation, and without his healing factor, the metal would kill him. So the cure was never an option for Wolverine.

Apparently this movie finds a way around that. At least I hope they explain that the found a way around that.

Old 06-04-2013, 01:28 PM   #808
narrows101
Side-Kick

More Empire:

Old 06-04-2013, 05:10 PM   #809
lastairbender
Side-Kick

lol, i come here everyday and althought i wanted to comment or say something i dont know what to say..theres nothing new, the interviews and pics (when there are some) looks always the same.

Well, Mark Millar used to tweet or say something about the x-men movies, and i remember the last thing he said about Wolverine is that he was flying to see it in first hand.(in March, i think) Since then, i think he is very quiet.. bad feelings about it?

Old 06-04-2013, 05:44 PM   #810
JP
Smelly

Finally, some cross promo!

@Red5Aggie 26m Red Robin has a Wolverine themed Berserker burger. I'm disappointed its not real wolverine meat. pic.twitter.com/RGU8D4M0ru

Old 06-04-2013, 05:47 PM   #811
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastairbender View Post
lol, i come here everyday and althought i wanted to comment or say something i dont know what to say..theres nothing new, the interviews and pics (when there are some) looks always the same.

Well, Mark Millar used to tweet or say something about the x-men movies, and i remember the last thing he said about Wolverine is that he was flying to see it in first hand.(in March, i think) Since then, i think he is very quiet.. bad feelings about it?
There've been a ton of set reports and new photos in the past week. Are you waiting for them to beam the movie directly into your head or something?

Old 06-04-2013, 08:50 PM   #812
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Beserker burger, anyone?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/...e0+PRN20130604

Quote:
Red Robin Gourmet Burgers to Launch Promotional Partnership for The Wolverine

GREENWOOD VILLAGE, Colo., June 4, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Red Robin today announced its action-packed kick-off to summer in conjunction with Twentieth Century Fox to get guests excited about the much-anticipated summer event movie, The Wolverine, in theaters July 26. The collaboration allows movie fans of all ages to experience the world of The Wolverine in a unique way, remixing the classic American passion for superheroes with epic offers that take "Dinner and a Movie" to a whole new level.

From now through June 30, guests can go "berserk" at Red Robin with a special Dinner and a Movie offer. Guests that purchase a $25 limited edition The Wolverine gift card at participating Red Robin® restaurants will receive a free movie ticket to see the film when they enter their gift card code at www.redrobin.com/movietix. Guests will then be entered into a sweepstakes for a chance to win a trip for two to Japan for the "ultimate Wolverine experience" and other great prizes, such as Visa gift cards, signed movie posters and framed prints provided by Twentieth Century Fox. Red Robin Royalty™ members receive double entry into the sweepstakes for every limited edition gift card purchased.

To inspire moviegoers, Red Robin will reward any guest who sees The Wolverine during opening weekend* and brings their ticket stub into participating restaurants from Monday, July 29 to Thursday, August 1 with $3 off their visit.

"Red Robin is thrilled to be collaborating with Twentieth Century Fox to promote the upcoming blockbuster, The Wolverine, and we know our loyal guests and avid moviegoers will enjoy all that we have in store for them this summer," said Denny Marie Post, Red Robin's senior vice president and chief marketing officer. "As the gourmet burger expert, we are particularly excited to unveil our Wolverine-inspired burgers, sure to pack as much punch as the action-packed thriller!"

Red Robin's innovative and craveable take on one of the motion picture powerhouse's most iconic characters, Wolverine, resulted in two daringly delicious gourmet burger offerings that guests can get their claws on:

◦The Berserker Burger™ – Inspired by everyone's favorite anti-hero, this burger packs an explosive punch of flavor! The Berserker Burger features a fire-grilled burger topped with zesty aioli, spicy pickles, Sriracha onion straws and Cheddar cheese on a brioche bun. This bold burger has Wolverine claw marks in the bun and is served with Bottomless Steak Fries®.

◦Red's Tavern Double™ featuring NEW Kuzuri Style – Guests can feed their inner Wolverine with this exotic, Asian-inspired Tavern Double style with samurai slaw, ginger garlic wonton strips, and cilantro.

"We're excited that Red Robin collaborated with The Wolverine for their first-ever entertainment promotional partnership," said Zachary Eller, Senior Vice President, Marketing Partnerships & Promotions at Twentieth Century Fox. "Our goal is to energize moviegoers, and Red Robin's theater adjacent locations will be pushing fans into multiplexes everywhere."

Old 06-04-2013, 08:51 PM   #813
JP
Smelly

Yeah, I posted a pic 2 posts up.

Old 06-05-2013, 01:06 AM   #814
TheJediBrah
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
X3 never went into it, but Wolverine would not have been able to take the cure. The adamantium on his skeleton isn't a mutation, and without his healing factor, the metal would kill him. So the cure was never an option for Wolverine.

Apparently this movie finds a way around that. At least I hope they explain that the found a way around that.
Ah! That makes sense, thank you.

But If what he wanted was to just die, like it seems it is, then why would that be a problem? It seems to imply that he's had enough of life and just wants a way to die?

Old 06-05-2013, 07:52 AM   #815
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

It's Intresting Fox Is going to do all they can to promate the Wolverine since Disney
apparently won't let marvel do anything to help with promation.

Old 06-05-2013, 09:14 AM   #816
narrows101
Side-Kick

Looks like the LA premiere is July 23 - I'm assuming the DOFP cast is going to ComicCon somewhere between July 18-21 (per Singer's tweet a while back) so Hugh is probably sticking around LA and doing interviews, etc. also.

Quote:
"The Wolverine” Premiere and After Party

Date/Location: July 23, 2013 (TBD) Los Angeles, CA

Synopsis: In modern day Japan, Wolverine is out of his depth in an unknown world as he faces his ultimate nemesis in a life-or-death battle that will leave him forever changed. Vulnerable for the first time and pushed to his physical and emotional limits, he confronts not only lethal samurai steel but also his inner struggle against his own immortality, emerging more powerful than we have ever seen him before.
http://www.thevipconcierge.com/VIPEv...P-tickets.aspx

Old 06-05-2013, 09:59 AM   #817
JP
Smelly

Oh, a day before I leave LA!

Old 06-05-2013, 10:23 AM   #818
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJediBrah View Post
Ah! That makes sense, thank you.

But If what he wanted was to just die, like it seems it is, then why would that be a problem? It seems to imply that he's had enough of life and just wants a way to die?
I think the idea is that he ages so slowly, he's gotten to see too many people he's cared about die while he's moved on. It's not necesarily looking for a way to die, but a way to live out whatever time he's got left at a normal pace.

There was a great part of the train scene in X1 (that was cut from the final film) where he explains to Rogue that he'd tried to commit suicide with his claws, but every time he'd done it his healing factor fixed it each time. So his mutation wouldn't let him die. She was obviously feeling bad about almost killing him with her powers the night before, but he explained that what she'd done was the closest he'd ever felt to actually dying, and he realized he didn't like that feeling at all. So she had actually helped him.

Old 06-05-2013, 11:42 AM   #819
J_Howlett
Side-Kick

How about them tv spots .................................

Old 06-05-2013, 07:41 PM   #820
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
It's Intresting Fox Is going to do all they can to promate the Wolverine since Disney
apparently won't let marvel do anything to help with promation.
Well to be fair to Disney/Marvel Studios, its not really their job anymore to promote FOX's Marvel movies.

But FOX should really step up their marketing department. If they really want this film to get a lot of exposure before its release date, they should do something MORE.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 06-05-2013, 08:14 PM   #821
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

But there Is limit to what fox can do wth promation since a lot of X-Men merchadise rights remains with marvel.

You saw marvel promate Origins more than First class or the wolverine.Wolverine and the X-Men animated show was made to capalize on Origins.

Fox can be blamd over tv spots and posters but a lot of other stuff Is outof their control.
And while marve only gets small piece of profits they do get a piece.

Old 06-05-2013, 08:53 PM   #822
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Well they released the trailer of The Wolverine very late and they didn't even release a press-release when their X-Men films started filming. There's a lot of things that they can do other than depending on merchandise.

Old 06-05-2013, 09:31 PM   #823
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

To some extent I agree.But I can remember seeing merchise for other X-Men films when
they came out.I still have trading cards from first 2 films.But no press release and reeasing trailer so late are all stupid decsions by fox.Thank god Bryan SInger is going over them by promating DOFP on twitter.

Old 06-06-2013, 06:19 PM   #824
lastairbender
Side-Kick

Is there any news about Beltrami score, like samples or something or is too soon?

Old 06-06-2013, 07:20 PM   #825
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I hope they will release a soundtrack album!

Closed Thread