The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Comics Films

View Poll Results: In your opinion, which saga was better?
Sam Raimi's Spider-Man 40 26.14%
Christopher Nolan's Batman 113 73.86%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-29-2013, 09:33 PM   #101
TheSpectacular
Christian and proud

Default Re: Sam Raimi's Spider-Man Trilogy vs Christopher Nolan's Batman Trilogy

Batman Begins > Spider-Man
The Dark Knight > Spider-Man 2
The Dark Knight Rises < Spider-Man 3

so DK Trilogy

Guardians of the Galaxy- 4/10
TheSpectacular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:14 PM   #102
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Default Re: Sam Raimi's Spider-Man Trilogy vs Christopher Nolan's Batman Trilogy

Spider-man: 2.5/5
Spider-man 2: 4.5/5
Spider-man 3: 1/5

Batman Begins: 3.5/5
The Dark Knight: 5/5
The Dark Knight 3.5/5

Nolan's trilogy is better for me in the end. But Spider-man 2 is certainly a very good superhero movie.

Senator Pleasury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:16 PM   #103
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
That makes it sound nasty when you think that Bruce loved her, lol.
To me it was like that. I never could come up with a single clue as to why Bruce loved her. Or, for that matter, who came up with such a bland character. Oh, that was Goyer.

Old 05-30-2013, 01:55 AM   #104
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Bland character? She's much better than most of Bruce's love interests in the comics. But still, that's not saying much. Bruce hasn't had a love interest that matches the likes of Gwen Stacy, Lois Lane, Mary Jane Watson.

Batman Begins > Spider-Man
The Dark Knight > Spider-Man 2
The Dark Knight Rises > Spider-Man 3

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 01:59 AM   #105
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Batman isn't a love story. Super-Man sort of is. Spider-Man most definitely is.

Old 05-30-2013, 02:01 AM   #106
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Did you just type it out as 'Super-Man'? Lol.

Old 05-30-2013, 02:54 AM   #107
Lord
All Mighty

The Dark Knight is the only superhero film better than SPider-Man 2 so Nolan's Batman Trilogy wins this. And romance has allways been very central in Spider-man.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 06:46 AM   #108
Squaremaster316
Side-Kick

Quote:
Bland character? She's much better than most of Bruce's love interests in the comics.
Better than that Willie/Bella Swan hybrid from the 89 film, anyway.

Squaremaster316 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:07 AM   #109
Thoix
Side-Kick

Batman Begins (9.5/10)
The Dark Knight (10/10)
The Dark Knight Rises (10/10)

Spider-man (7.5/10)
Spider-man 2
(8.5/10)
Spider-man 3 (5/10)

Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight Trilogy
> Sam Raimi's Spider-man Trilogy

Last edited by Thoix; 05-30-2013 at 11:35 AM.
Thoix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:27 AM   #110
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Quote:
Bland character? She's much better than most of Bruce's love interests in the comics. But still, that's not saying much. Bruce hasn't had a love interest that matches the likes of Gwen Stacy, Lois Lane, Mary Jane Watson.
Oh no, she's much worse. Rachel's there merely to give those moral speeches in BB. The best thing she did was dying so she could become an important symbol in Bruce's life. Bruce has had Catwoman in the comics. Catwoman's barefaced knockoff Black Cat might get close.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:33 AM   #111
Tony Stark
Armored Avenger!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
Batman isn't a love story. Super-Man sort of is. Spider-Man most definitely is.
I would say Superman definitely is, at least sups 1 and 2. Those movies work because of the great chemistry with Reeves and Kidder.

Old 05-30-2013, 04:43 PM   #112
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer Morose View Post
Oh no, she's much worse. Rachel's there merely to give those moral speeches in BB. The best thing she did was dying so she could become an important symbol in Bruce's life. Bruce has had Catwoman in the comics. Catwoman's barefaced knockoff Black Cat might get close.
She's far from the worse. Hence why no one cares about any of Bruce's love interests in the comics.

Old 05-30-2013, 05:08 PM   #113
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Quote:
She's far from the worse. Hence why no one cares about any of Bruce's love interests in the comics.
Opposite to the millions who care about Rachel and how wonderfully she was portrayed?

Old 05-30-2013, 06:06 PM   #114
Anno_Domini
Banned User

More than any of his other love interests.

Old 05-30-2013, 07:14 PM   #115
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Catwoman?

Old 05-30-2013, 07:22 PM   #116
bullets
bang bang

In terms of quality Nolan's Batman trilogy is better. I enjoyed the first two Spider-man films , but they were overly campy at times. Spider-man 3 has it's moments of being good and downright terrible. Nolan's third act was highly ambitious , but he never seemed burdened like Raimi was with Spider-man 3. TDKR has it's problems , but they don't overshadow the film.

bullets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 07:49 PM   #117
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Catwoman?
That's why she's actually in TDKR.

But I am referring to the likes of Madison, Vale, St. Cloud, etc.

Old 05-30-2013, 08:43 PM   #118
redfirebird2008
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoix View Post
batman begins (9.5/10)
the dark knight (10/10)
the dark knight rises (10/10)

spider-man (7.5/10)
spider-man 2
(8.5/10)
spider-man 3 (5/10)

christopher nolan's the dark knight trilogy
> sam raimi's spider-man trilogy
Batman Begins - 8.5/10
The Dark Knight - 8/10
The Dark Knight Rises - 8/10

Spider-Man - 7/10
Spider-Man 2 - 7/10
Spider-Man 3 - 3/10

redfirebird2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:20 PM   #119
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Quote:
That's why she's actually in TDKR.

But I am referring to the likes of Madison, Vale, St. Cloud, etc.
Well, all of those are just forgettable, yes. Rachel was forgettable AND preachy. And a double-slapper, a woman only has to slap twice when she is reaaally insecure.

Old 05-30-2013, 10:37 PM   #120
The Batman
The Dark Knight

....I have to question if someone who says that Silver St Cloud is worse than Rachel has actually read the comics Silver has been in. Silver was a lot more likable than Rachel, and not only that, Silver was the first time we actually saw Bruce in something resembling a real relationship. AND she managed to figure out his identity on her own. Most of the love interests you see in the comics now are just ripoffs of Silver. Rachel is merely lucky to have been the terribly written creation of Nolan and Goyer.

Hell, I'd take Vale over Rachel as well just for Vale's historical significance. Not only that, Vale made a better impression in one movie than Rachel did in two. And that part wasn't particually well written either.

The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 12:04 AM   #121
Senator Pleasury
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
....I have to question if someone who says that Silver St Cloud is worse than Rachel has actually read the comics Silver has been in. Silver was a lot more likable than Rachel, and not only that, Silver was the first time we actually saw Bruce in something resembling a real relationship. AND she managed to figure out his identity on her own. Most of the love interests you see in the comics now are just ripoffs of Silver. Rachel is merely lucky to have been the terribly written creation of Nolan and Goyer.

Hell, I'd take Vale over Rachel as well just for Vale's historical significance. Not only that, Vale made a better impression in one movie than Rachel did in two. And that part wasn't particually well written either.
Basically. Rachel is just a terrible love interest absolutely forced into the movies and used for preachy and informative speeches (at least in the first one).

Old 05-31-2013, 01:24 AM   #122
Hellion
He's Not Serious

I think quality wise Spider-Man 1&2 are on equal footing (almost) with BB/TDK--I'll give the edge to Nolan. Spider-Man 3 was a disappointment while TDKR left a bad taste in my mouth, but still had some redeeming qualities. I still enjoy both Spider-Man 3 and TDKR for the most part though.

I'm giving it to Nolan Trilogy.

Old 05-31-2013, 02:31 AM   #123
weezerspider
Side-Kick

Spiderman and Spiderman 2 were the BB and TDK of this genre before BB and TDK. I have nothing, but love for those two films. However, TDKR was a very strong conclusion and Spiderman 3 was horse ****, so TDK trilogy. I'd rank the six films as so:

1. TDK
2. Spiderman 2
3. TDKR
4. Batman Begins
5. Spiderman

6.Spiderman 3

Old 05-31-2013, 12:53 PM   #124
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Well, all of those are just forgettable, yes. Rachel was forgettable AND preachy. And a double-slapper, a woman only has to slap twice when she is reaaally insecure.
Goddamn dude, is this really an argument? The way she slaps? Lol.

Rachel is forgettable when it comes to the major comic love interests like Gwen, MJ, etc, but she's definitely not forgettable when it comes to Bruce's love interests.

But, Bruce ended up with the right on at the end of the trilogy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post

You can question all you want, it's fine. I was never a huge fan of any of Bruce's love interests and only became a fan of Vicki Vale because of Batman '89.

Old 05-31-2013, 05:16 PM   #125
The Batman
The Dark Knight

Quote:

You can question all you want, it's fine. I was never a huge fan of any of Bruce's love interests and only became a fan of Vicki Vale because of Batman '89.
So, have you read comics with Silver St Cloud, specifically her appearances in the Engleheart/Rogers issues?

Racer pretty much sums it up. And compared to Bruce's other love interests, Rachel IS forgettable. Catwoman and Talia are top of the totem pole. Vale has the history and has Kim Basinger's perfomance in the first major Batman film. And if we're adding in non Comics love interests like Andrea Beaumont and Wonder Woman from the JL/JLU cartoons, I can't really see how Rachel is actually better than most Batman love interests. She's definitely not top 5.

The Batman is offline   Reply With Quote