The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

View Poll Results: Should Bale be Batman again in Justice League?
Yes 87 55.77%
No 52 33.33%
Maybe 17 10.90%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 11:42 PM   #26
titansupes
Side-Kick

Default Re: Rumor: Bale may be back as Batman in JL - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
I really don't think he needs to be Batman in Gotham. Those days are over. The whole theme of TDKR was about Bruce staying the hell away from Gotham because that's where all the pain is. Doesn't mean he can't be Batman again. That could further the character. But it's a regression to go back into the pain & suffering that is Gotham City.

IMO he (Batman) should never return until that city and the rest of the world has seen him as an immortal being who has risen from the dead to join forces with other superpowered beings in saving the planet. Then he could return but it would have to be Blake by then, because Bruce needs to live the rest of his life without the anger and reminders. He can only do that by not being around Gotham.

Saving the world in other parts is something he has never done. He has also never met superpowered beings. He's never started a League of his own. This is a progression into new territory which is why Nolan, etc might be down with it. But Batman returning to Gotham where there's criminals?? He's done that already. That is a regression of the character.
I'd be okay with this sort of. Obviously there are thematic and emotional beats that would have to be worked out. But then there's the other question, outside of the TDKT...

Is this good for the DC Universe as a whole? Having Nolan and Bale's version back in action is good for business, sure... But this is the first time in history these legends will be on-screen together. Don't we deserve to have the Batman who's still in the 'classic' Batman stage of his life, not already moved onto something else (and something that's recent and by all accounts temporary in the comics) that's still Bruce Wayne, who still has his fortune and house, and who still operates from the cave and Gotham and who still has all the rage and pain that is so essential to him?

What if the first meeting between these characters was Classic Batman and the golden god Superman Prime from DC One Million? It would be cool, but not right, and leaves no room for growth on a 'shared universe on screen' level that remains classic.

Old 03-26-2013, 11:43 PM   #27
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
Are you not a fan of the concept of Terry McGinnis either?

I love the concept of Terry and Batman Beyond. It takes places years in the future, though, and with an older Bruce who still hasn't let go of being Batman but realizes he has to give it up due to his age. Terry's concept and world doesn't step on the feet of anything happening currently.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:44 PM   #28
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
I'd be okay with this sort of. Obviously there are thematic and emotional beats that would have to be worked out. But then there's the other question, outside of the TDKT...

Is this good for the DC Universe as a whole? Having Nolan and Bale's version back in action is good for business, sure... But this is the first time in history these legends will be on-screen together. Don't we deserve to have the Batman who's still in the 'classic' Batman stage of his life, not already moved onto something else (and something that's recent and by all accounts temporary in the comics) that's still Bruce Wayne, who still has his fortune and house, and who still operates from the cave and Gotham and who still has all the rage and pain that is so essential to him?

What if the first meeting between these characters was Classic Batman and the golden god Superman Prime from DC One Million? It would be cool, but not right, and leaves no room for growth on a 'shared universe on screen' level that remains classic.

This. This. This.

This x100.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:45 PM   #29
Rodrigo90
RIP Robin

Choices.

1) Reboot. After JL and MOS are finished.

2) Films about Blake. Only if WB wants Batman movies to promote alongside Bale in the continuing Nolanverse.

3) Films about Bruce starting up Batman Inc. But that only if Bale signs up for Bat movies. And seems the least plausible at this point in time.

2 and 3 will cause controversy, but they absolutely have the weight and potential to be big things.

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
5. Green Goblin not wearing a mask and being mutated
Old 03-26-2013, 11:48 PM   #30
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I love the concept of Terry and Batman Beyond. It takes places years in the future, though, and with an older Bruce who still hasn't let go of being Batman but realizes he has to give it up due to his age. Terry's concept and world doesn't step on the feet of anything happening currently.
Isn't the same thing with Blake? The only difference being that Bruce doesn't return to Gotham.

I'm just curious why you seem to be against the Blake thing.

Old 03-26-2013, 11:53 PM   #31
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Isn't the same thing with Blake? The only difference being that Bruce doesn't return to Gotham.

I'm just curious why you seem to be against the Blake thing.
No, it's not. Terry and Bruce are not Batman at the same time, and Terry is a genetic clone of Bruce. He's literally just like Bruce because he was literally born of the same mind and blood, so him having the same unrelenting drive that Bruce is is more believable than just another orphan/cop taking up the task of being Batman.

Plus again, it's in the future so it allows more liberties to be taken without stepping on the toes of the Batman mythos.

I've already explained why I'm against the whole Blake thing so much, I can't do it again. It just irks me more every time I mention it.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 03-26-2013, 11:56 PM   #32
Frodo
Side-Kick

Quote:
I really don't think he needs to be Batman in Gotham. Those days are over. The whole theme of TDKR was about Bruce staying the hell away from Gotham because that's where all the pain is. Doesn't mean he can't be Batman again. That could further the character. But it's a regression to go back into the pain & suffering that is Gotham City.

IMO he (Batman) should never return until that city and the rest of the world has seen him as an immortal being who has risen from the dead to join forces with other superpowered beings in saving the planet. Then he could return but it would have to be Blake by then, because Bruce needs to live the rest of his life without the anger and reminders. He can only do that by not being around Gotham.

Saving the world in other parts is something he has never done. He has also never met superpowered beings. He's never started a League of his own. This is a progression into new territory which is why Nolan, etc might be down with it. But Batman returning to Gotham where there's criminals?? He's done that already. That is a regression of the character.
I agree. This wouldnt be Batman 4. This is JLA. There seems to be an assumption that this is somehow gonna be Batman 4 and that Nolan would undo everything from TDKR there by wrecking his own trilogy. Batman would be one , of several characters fighting a common enemy , which frankly doesn't require being in Gotham at all. If anything I suspect part of the appeal for Goyer and Nolan to return would be to place Bruce on a more global scale and adventure.

Old 03-26-2013, 11:57 PM   #33
Rodrigo90
RIP Robin

That's true.

But what about Dick Grayson?
Of course he was trained by Bruce.

But it doesn't mean Blake will be anything less and wouldn't strive in some way.

It does make Bruce seem incredibly clumsy to leave Gotham to an inept idiot lol

But Bruce felt he could do it.

I believe in Batfleck

Old 03-26-2013, 11:58 PM   #34
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
Choices.

1) Reboot. After JL and MOS are finished.

2) Films about Blake. Only if WB wants Batman movies to promote alongside Bale in the continuing Nolanverse.

3) Films about Bruce starting up Batman Inc. But that only if Bale signs up for Bat movies. And seems the least plausible at this point in time.

2 and 3 will cause controversy, but they absolutely have the weight and potential to be big things.
a) If Bale does come back (for at least one last film), have him in JLA in 2015 (only if they sign can sign a multi-film deal with JGL for the solos/JL2). While Blake is busy in Gotham, Bruce dons the suit as a symbol/disguise to put the League together.

b) If he does come back for one film, but they can't sign JGL, then have him in a Man of Steel 2 (epic Bruce/Clark WF) movie for 2015. Bruce decides to research kryptonite, working with a man named Lex Luthor, to deal with the Superman. The MoS Threequel in 2017 ends the trilogy/Nolanverse. Begin a new shared DC universe in 2018.

c) If Bale doesn't come back, then have a Batman reboot in 2015.

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 03-27-2013 at 12:07 AM.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:00 AM   #35
shauner111
Side-Kick

Im not too familiar with Batman Inc. But I take it Bruce recruits people from different parts of the world? And Grayson was Batman for a time in Gotham, correct?

Well as we all know, Nolan is influenced by specific stories but he always flips it on its head, or only uses select parts from a graphic novel. So why not assume that Nolan/Goyer/Snyder would take Batman Inc, but Bruce is recruiting superheroes to form the League. Not to train them to be Batman or whatnot. This could be where he meets Superman, he meets Wonder Woman. Heck, he's already on the other side of the planet by now so it works. All while Blake is protecting Gotham (as Nightwing or Batman).

Flash and Green Lantern's origins could be slightly altered to fit this series. They come after, because they are who they are because of Superman (and aliens like Zod)'s arrival. They can figure that out. And now Bats (along with supes and ww) meets Barry and Hal and adds them to the team.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:02 AM   #36
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
I agree. This wouldnt be Batman 4. This is JLA. There seems to be an assumption that this is somehow gonna be Batman 4 and that Nolan would undo everything from TDKR there by wrecking his own trilogy. Batman would be one , of several characters fighting a common enemy , which frankly doesn't require being in Gotham at all. If anything I suspect part of the appeal for Goyer and Nolan to return would be to place Bruce on a more global scale and adventure.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:07 AM   #37
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Quote:
Im not too familiar with Batman Inc. But I take it Bruce recruits people from different parts of the world? And Grayson was Batman for a time in Gotham, correct?

Well as we all know, Nolan is influenced by specific stories but he always flips it on its head, or only uses select parts from a graphic novel. So why not assume that Nolan/Goyer/Snyder would take Batman Inc, but Bruce is recruiting superheroes to form the League. Not to train them to be Batman or whatnot. This could be where he meets Superman, he meets Wonder Woman. Heck, he's already on the other side of the planet by now so it works. All while Blake is protecting Gotham (as Nightwing or Batman).

Flash and Green Lantern's origins could be slightly altered to fit this series. They come after, because they are who they are because of Superman (and aliens like Zod)'s arrival. They can figure that out. And now Bats (along with supes and ww) meets Barry and Hal and adds them to the team.
This is basically what I had in mind as well.

In the comics, when Bruce comes back 'from the dead' (back from a different time), Dick Grayson is Batman in Gotham (as he realized that there needed to be a Batman in Gotham).

Bruce Wayne also becomes Batman (they have slightly different costumes, so the reader can tell), working outside of Gotham to set up Batman Inc.

Substitute Batman Inc for the Justice League (inspired by the League of Shadows), something Bruce decides to set up given the revelation of superhumans. Simple.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:07 AM   #38
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
That's true.

But what about Dick Grayson?
Of course he was trained by Bruce.

But it doesn't mean Blake will be anything less and wouldn't strive in some way.

It does make Bruce seem incredibly clumsy to leave Gotham to an inept idiot lol

But Bruce felt he could do it.
Exactly. Blake knew Bruce's true identity and also was an orphan just like him, along with being a cop. That somehow means that he's instantly capable of taking up Bruce's responsibility to protect the entirety of Gotham?

And then, even if Blake does leave to train(something it took Bruce years to do), who's looking after Gotham during that time? No one, except for the cops. And they'll just get overwhelmed again. Blake is a guy who probably can't even throw a Batarang correctly, yet Bruce thinks because they went through similar struggles as children and value justice, Blake is fit to take over. Just a-okay, like that.

Ugh... getting more headaches from this s**t.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:09 AM   #39
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
This is basically what I had in mind as well.

In the comics, when Bruce comes back 'from the dead' (back from a different time), Dick Grayson is Batman in Gotham (as he realized that there needed to be a Batman in Gotham).

Bruce Wayne also becomes Batman (they have slightly different costumes, so the reader can tell), working outside of Gotham to set up Batman Inc.

Substitute Batman Inc for the Justice League (a response to the League of Shadows). Simple.
Bingo! We're both on the same page with this. There's ur influence. it's like a mirror. Replace Grayson with Blake. Inc with JL.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:12 AM   #40
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Dick Grayson was Robin for a number of years, and he was personally trained by Bruce in combat and how to handle situations, not to mention already being quite the acrobat.

He had earned the title of Batman/Gotham's protector after years of hard work and personally working alongside Bruce. Blake is not Dick Grayson.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:12 AM   #41
Rodrigo90
RIP Robin

Bruce training people around the world wouldn't negate anything. Blake might even be Nightwing, Gotham's new protector

Bruce isn't training them to be Batmen. Just heroes to their own cities.

Wouldn't it be great for Bruce to travel the most crime ridden places and finding people like Blake to protect their cities.

Batman started and ended as the patrin saint of Gotham. Why can't he be seen as the patron saint of all crime ridden cities? Just for the Nolanverse.

That would be an awesome evolution for him.

I believe in Batfleck

Old 03-27-2013, 12:12 AM   #42
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Quote:
Exactly. Blake knew Bruce's true identity and also was an orphan just like him, along with being a cop. That somehow means that he's instantly capable of taking up Bruce's responsibility to protect the entirety of Gotham?

And then, even if Blake does leave to train(something it took Bruce years to do), who's looking after Gotham during that time? No one, except for the cops. And they'll just get overwhelmed again. Blake is a guy who probably can't even throw a Batarang correctly, yet Bruce thinks because they went through similar struggles as children and value justice, Blake is fit to take over. Just a-okay, like that.

Regardless if it was a premature decision on Bruce's part, it doesn't mean they can't set the next Batman film a few years in the future, after he's had training in Gotham, making it a non-issue.

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 03-27-2013 at 12:16 AM.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:15 AM   #43
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Regardless if it was a premature decision on Bruce's part, it doesn't mean they can't set the next Batman film a few years in the future, after he's had training in Gotham, making it a non-issue.

So who's going to train Blake in Gotham? The local karate teacher from down the street, or will he just have masters from all over the world fly in to Gotham to train him? Then what happens while he's busy training? No one is out there protecting Gotham except for the cops, and they're barely able to even do that. It took Bruce years of training to get to where he is.

Not the smartest decision on Bruce's part. Doesn't even seem like a thing he'd do.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:15 AM   #44
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Dick Grayson was Robin for a number of years, and he was personally trained by Bruce in combat and how to handle situations, not to mention already being quite the acrobat.

He had earned the title of Batman/Gotham's protector after years of hard work and personally working alongside Bruce. Blake is not Dick Grayson.
Yeah but that's not relevant. This is Nolan-verse. Not everything will match the comic. The idea is to take basic concepts of a comic and make something new out of it.

Gotham may not need crazy help for years. Nightwing might just do while JL happens. It'll be Blake's prep time. If Bale is only down for 1 JL, then u act as if Bruce trained Blake a bit and have Blake become a new Batman.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:18 AM   #45
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Yeah but that's not relevant. This is Nolan-verse. Not everything will match the comic. The idea is to take basic concepts of a comic and make something new out of it.

Gotham may not need crazy help for years. Nightwing might just do while JL happens. It'll be Blake's prep time. If Bale is only down for 1 JL, then u act as if Bruce trained Blake a bit and have Blake become a new Batman.

You're basically saying that Blake will leave it up to chance, and go train while leaving Gotham without a protector because it might not have anything happen to it. How lucky.

That's not realistic at all, especially with Gotham being the city it is. And it's not about Bruce training Blake a bit.. it's about him teaching Blake all he knows so that he can ensure Blake's survival and growth as Gotham's new protector.

It is very relevant, regardless of what universe it is set in.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:18 AM   #46
Rodrigo90
RIP Robin

Clearly are we forgetting the new found strength Batman induced into Gotham?

NOT BE AFRAID AND FIGHT BACK WITH ALL YOUR STRENGTH AND COURAGE.

Look what he did and Gotham did at the end of TDKR.

I believe in Batfleck

Old 03-27-2013, 12:18 AM   #47
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Bruce training people around the world wouldn't negate anything. Blake might even be Nightwing, Gotham's new protector

Bruce isn't training them to be Batmen. Just heroes to their own cities.

Wouldn't it be great for Bruce to travel the most crime ridden places and finding people like Blake to protect their cities.

Batman started and ended as the patrin saint of Gotham. Why can't he be seen as the patron saint of all crime ridden cities? Just for the Nolanverse.

That would be an awesome evolution for him.
Sure, but I don't want to see that on film. How does that even make a movie? Bruce just training random new characters in some city? How do u market that? It's cool but not for a movie I don't think.

I rather see them take the concept and go a different direction. Im not a purist, im not big on adaptations. Have Bruce finding special people like Diana and Clark.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:20 AM   #48
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Quote:
So who's going to train Blake in Gotham? The local karate teacher from down the street, or will he just have masters from all over the world fly in to Gotham to train him? Then what happens while he's busy training? No one is out there protecting Gotham except for the cops, and they're barely able to even do that. It took Bruce years of training to get to where he is.

Not the smartest decision on Bruce's part. Doesn't even seem like a thing he'd do.
I'm pretty sure people can learn Martial Arts in the US.

Martial Arts isn't some secret kept by old asian men in the mountains.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:20 AM   #49
titansupes
Side-Kick

Quote:

And then, even if Blake does leave to train(something it took Bruce years to do), who's looking after Gotham during that time? No one, except for the cops. And they'll just get overwhelmed again.

For the record: I've already said I don't want Blake being the focus of the new movies, but... It wouldn't go down that way.

Blake is ABOUT the same age as Bruce was when he confronted Falcone in the bar (and got his ass kicked). He already has the same pain/rage and motivation as Bruce. He's actually done more, given that he became a cop and was a big part of Gordon's resistance movement. We know he's got whatever combat training cops get.

And even then... "The training is nothing, the will is everything."

Now, he DOES need more training to get to somewhere around Bruce's level. Let him leave and do that. Why isn't Gotham in trouble in the meantime? Because the writer's write it that way. Isn't it lucky that Gotham was only attacked by the League when Bruce was already Batman, instead of any other time? Like when he was in prison? Or right after his parents died, when we KNOW the league wanted the city destroyed? And now, the cops - free of mob corruption, led by Gordon, strengthened by the things they've been through fighting Bane, and of course inspired by Batman (otherwise, was the point in relation to Gotham) - are more ready and WILLING to do good then they were in Bruce's time. So it's even more reasonable that they'll be at least a few years or peace, enough for Blake to go get training.

But what about Blake's equipment? He knows Lucius. They met during 'Bane's revolution' and at Bruce's funeral. Lucius, having resuscitated Wayne Enterprises can fund the new guys crusade. How does he have the cave? He works and lives as a tutor/mentor/counselor for the orphanage that now resides in Wayne Manor, so he has access to the cave.

So, there are plenty of ways to do it... For an ongoing comic book, or an Earth One style graphic novel. Which I'm all for. But not for the movies. As I said, we deserve the real Batman for the first meeting of the JLA. Reboot the movies.

Last edited by titansupes; 03-27-2013 at 12:24 AM.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:23 AM   #50
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
I'm pretty sure people can learn Martial Arts in the US.

Martial Arts isn't some secret kept by old asian men in the mountains.

That is not what I'm saying. At all. To learn the combat styles that Bruce has learned over the years, and to actually train for them(be it Martial Arts, Ju Jitsu, whatever) would take a long time to perfect enough to be able to go out there and defend a city. Also, not all of those combat techniques are readily available or even as fully explored as they would be in another part of the world. That's like me going out to learn basic karate at a local shop, then thinking I'm ready to be a crime-fighting vigilante.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Closed Thread