The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

View Poll Results: Should Bale be Batman again in Justice League?
Yes 87 55.77%
No 52 33.33%
Maybe 17 10.90%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2013, 12:24 AM   #51
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference
 
FeedOnATreeFrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,011
Default Re: Rumor: Bale may be back as Batman in JL - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Dick Grayson was Robin for a number of years, and he was personally trained by Bruce in combat and how to handle situations, not to mention already being quite the acrobat.


He had earned the title of Batman/Gotham's protector after years of hard work and personally working alongside Bruce. Blake is not Dick Grayson.
Terry McGinnis became Batman right away. He was just a 17 year old kid.

Robin Blake was a cop/detective.

FeedOnATreeFrog is offline  
Old 03-27-2013, 12:25 AM   #52
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 10,163
Default Re: Rumor: Bale may be back as Batman in JL - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
You're basically saying that Blake will leave it up to chance, and go train while leaving Gotham without a protector because it might not have anything happen to it. How lucky.

That's not realistic at all, especially with Gotham being the city it is.

It is very relevant, regardless of what universe it is set in.
You're assuming that I mean Blake will leave Gotham empty. Bruce can come to Gotham from time to time in the batcave and build something there.

Gotham should be fine for a while. Batman is dead to the people, it's fresh in their minds and theyre inspired im sure. It's a rebuilding period. If JGL watches over them and goes out as Nightwing once in a while then it's fine. JL happens and gotham is scared to do anything too crazy because they're afraid batman will appear out of nowhere like a ghost. After a while crime will return in his absence and by that time Blake will be there fully trained.

shauner111 is online now  
Old 03-27-2013, 12:26 AM   #53
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,841
Default Re: Rumor: Bale may be back as Batman in JL - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
Terry McGinnis became Batman right away. He was just a 17 year old kid.

Robin Blake was a cop/detective.
Terry was a clone of Bruce and had his latent skills, while also being trained directly by Bruce for a while and had Bruce's 100% attention.

Not to mention he had that suit which greatly improved his skills as well. And that all fit in the futuristic setting.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Ant-Man, Fantastic Four
2016: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America 3, Doctor Strange(?), X-Men: Apocalypse, Sinister 6, Untitled DC movie, Gareth Edwards' Star Wars, Warcraft


Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline  
Old 03-27-2013, 12:28 AM   #54
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,841
Default Re: Rumor: Bale may be back as Batman in JL - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
You're assuming that I mean Blake will leave Gotham empty. Bruce can come to Gotham from time to time in the batcave and build something there.

Gotham should be fine for a while. Batman is dead to the people, it's fresh in their minds and theyre inspired im sure. It's a rebuilding period. If JGL watches over them and goes out as Nightwing once in a while then it's fine. JL happens and gotham is scared to do anything too crazy because they're afraid batman will appear out of nowhere like a ghost. After a while crime will return in his absence and by that time Blake will be there fully trained.

It doesn't work for me. You can't just leave because you think the city's going to be okay when you come back. There is no definite way of knowing that, and it's sloppy and careless for a hero to have that mindset. Literally anything could happen during that time. Blake's just saying, "Welp, let me go train because Gotham should be a-okay while I'm absent. I don't have any way of knowing that for sure, but hey, I'll leave it up to chance and hope everything stays alright by the time I return. What could go wrong?!"

No amount of good writing in the world can make me agree with that viewpoint, or understand it more.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Ant-Man, Fantastic Four
2016: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America 3, Doctor Strange(?), X-Men: Apocalypse, Sinister 6, Untitled DC movie, Gareth Edwards' Star Wars, Warcraft


Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline  
Old 03-27-2013, 12:29 AM   #55
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference
 
FeedOnATreeFrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,011
Default Re: Rumor: Bale may be back as Batman in JL - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
So, there are plenty of ways to do it... For an ongoing comic book, or an Earth One style graphic novel. Which I'm all for. But not for the movies. As I said, we deserve the real Batman for the first meeting of the JLA. Reboot the movies.
Hopefully Bale'll sign on for one movie, the first JLA.

Blake can be the solo movies.

as long as Bruce is the first Bats in JLA.

FeedOnATreeFrog is offline  
Old 03-27-2013, 12:30 AM   #56
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 10,163
Default Re: Rumor: Bale may be back as Batman in JL - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
It doesn't work for me. You can't just leave because you think the city's going to be okay when you come back. There is no definite way of knowing that, and it's sloppy and careless for a hero to have that mindset. Literally anything could happen during that time.

No amount of good writing in the world can make me agree with that viewpoint, or understand it more.
You're not understanding. I never once said Blake would leave Gotham.

shauner111 is online now  
Old 03-27-2013, 12:31 AM   #57
Rodrigo90
RIP Robin
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 19,148
Default Re: Rumor: Bale may be back as Batman in JL - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Sure, but I don't want to see that on film. How does that even make a movie? Bruce just training random new characters in some city? How do u market that? It's cool but not for a movie I don't think.

I rather see them take the concept and go a different direction. Im not a purist, im not big on adaptations. Have Bruce finding special people like Diana and Clark.
There's more to it than just that

Batman helping cities out while having a sidekick by his side, training them along the way. That's more or less a Batman Inc. thing

__________________
"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles "
Christopher Reeve

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
5. Green Goblin not wearing a mask and being mutated
Rodrigo90 is offline  
Old 03-27-2013, 12:33 AM   #58
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference
 
FeedOnATreeFrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,011
Default Re: Rumor: Bale may be back as Batman in JL - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Terry was a clone of Bruce and had his latent skills, while also being trained directly by Bruce for a while and had Bruce's 100% attention.

Not to mention he had that suit which greatly improved his skills as well. And that all fit in the futuristic setting.
So Bruce was fit to fight crime at 17, before his training, because of his genes?

I thought you're saying that it was Bruce's training that made him fit to crime. Is it both?

If McGinnis the 17 year old can become Batman, while training in his spare time, then Blake the already trained cop can also become Batman, while training in his spare time. Blake can also have a newly invented awesome suit from Fox Jr.

FeedOnATreeFrog is offline  
Old 03-27-2013, 12:33 AM   #59
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 10,163
Default Re: Rumor: Bale may be back as Batman in JL - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
Hopefully Bale'll sign on for one movie, the first JLA.

Blake can be the solo movies.

as long as Bruce is the first Bats in JLA.
Absolutely. I wouldn't mind Bruce being referenced through dialogue or a brief cameo in the second movie, with Blake as a futuristic Batman. Along with Martian Manhunter, Aquaman (doesn't have to be a big role), and maybe John Stewarts Green Lantern. Hal can leave after the first movie as well.

shauner111 is online now  
Old 03-27-2013, 12:34 AM   #60
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,841
Default Re: Rumor: Bale may be back as Batman in JL - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
You're not understanding. I never once said Blake would leave Gotham.
I am understanding. I'm saying how Blake would realistically be able to train and learn all of what Bruce knows in order to entail Gotham's survival. And even then, he doesn't leave Gotham and that's fine. He goes out night after night learning skills along the way, and that's somehow fine? That's like me taking driving school or learning how to race, then also thinking I'm able to immediately handle Nascar racing because I'm learning how to drive along the way. I'd crash and burn. No amount of will is going to help me if I don't know how to deal with what I'm doing.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Ant-Man, Fantastic Four
2016: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America 3, Doctor Strange(?), X-Men: Apocalypse, Sinister 6, Untitled DC movie, Gareth Edwards' Star Wars, Warcraft


Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline  
Old 03-27-2013, 12:35 AM   #61
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 10,163
Default Re: Rumor: Bale may be back as Batman in JL - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
There's more to it than just that

Batman helping cities out while having a sidekick by his side, training them along the way. That's more or less a Batman Inc. thing
Yeaaah but I don't really want to see full movies where Batman isn't even in gotham fighting criminals with sidekicks. It's gotham or nothing for me when it comes to solo batman films. Plus if it's Bale, I rather see him in JLA only. Unless he's in a mentor role in a Blake or Beyond flick.

shauner111 is online now  
Old 03-27-2013, 12:37 AM   #62
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,841
Default Re: Rumor: Bale may be back as Batman in JL - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
So Bruce was fit to fight crime at 17, before his training, because of his genes?

I thought you're saying that it was Bruce's training that made him fit to crime. Is it both?

If McGinnis the 17 year old can become Batman, while training in his spare time, then Blake the already trained cop can also become Batman, while training in his spare time.
No, I'm saying Terry already had Bruce's combat skills and brains(some of them, seeing as how he wasn't as smart as Bruce) dormant inside of him after the fact that Bruce had learned them. So when he was training in combat, those skills were able to come out quicker than the average person learning how to do so for the first time because those skills were literally in his genetics.


No matter how you try to spin it, that is not the same case with Blake.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Ant-Man, Fantastic Four
2016: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America 3, Doctor Strange(?), X-Men: Apocalypse, Sinister 6, Untitled DC movie, Gareth Edwards' Star Wars, Warcraft


Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline  
Old 03-27-2013, 12:38 AM   #63
Rodrigo90
RIP Robin
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 19,148
Default Re: Rumor: Bale may be back as Batman in JL - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Yeaaah but I don't really want to see full movies where Batman isn't even in gotham fighting criminals with sidekicks. It's gotham or nothing for me when it comes to solo batman films. Plus if it's Bale, I rather see him in JLA only. Unless he's in a mentor role in a Blake or Beyond flick.
I get ya

That's why I'm preying it's Blake!

__________________
"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles "
Christopher Reeve

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
5. Green Goblin not wearing a mask and being mutated
Rodrigo90 is offline  
Old 03-27-2013, 12:39 AM   #64
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference
 
FeedOnATreeFrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,011
Default Re: Rumor: Bale may be back as Batman in JL - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Absolutely. I wouldn't mind Bruce being referenced through dialogue or a brief cameo in the second movie, with Blake as a futuristic Batman. Along with Martian Manhunter, Aquaman (doesn't have to be a big role), and maybe John Stewarts Green Lantern. Hal can leave after the first movie as well.
Personally I'd want JLA to stress that the members will come and go, but the symbol will remain intact; emphasized by Bruce's departure at the end of the movie (after an epic handshake with Clark at the Florence cafe), having completed his mission of setting up the league, and proving its effectiveness to the world.

In the sequel, if it ever comes, stepping in are Robin Blake, John Stewart, MM, Hawkgirl (for Bruce Wayne, Hal Jordan, Cyborg, and Aquaman).

FeedOnATreeFrog is offline  
Old 03-27-2013, 12:39 AM   #65
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 10,163
Default Re: Rumor: Bale may be back as Batman in JL - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I am understanding. I'm saying how Blake would realistically be able to train and learn all of what Bruce knows in order to entail Gotham's survival. And even then, he doesn't leave Gotham and that's fine. He goes out night after night learning skills along the way, and that's somehow fine? That's like me taking driving school or learning how to race, then also thinking I'm able to immediately handle Nascar racing because I'm learning how to drive along the way. I'd crash and burn. No amount of will is going to help me if I don't know how to deal with what I'm doing.
But what I said was, Bruce would train him fully, after the first JL. In the meantime Gotham isn't that bad at all because it's still a fresh couple of years after TDKR, so Blake goes out in a Nightwing type costume (we don't have to see it, but itll be implied) and he'll take out the odd idiot and hand em' over to the police. To do that u don't need the complete league of shadows training. Just some fighting skills and tech, etc. It's a leadup until Batman trains him to be Batman. Which will be great timing for when Gotham starts going back to ****.

shauner111 is online now  
Old 03-27-2013, 12:43 AM   #66
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,841
Default Re: Rumor: Bale may be back as Batman in JL - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
But what I said was, Bruce would train him fully, after the first JL. In the meantime Gotham isn't that bad at all because it's still a fresh couple of years after TDKR, so Blake goes out in a Nightwing type costume (we don't have to see it, but itll be implied) and he'll take out the odd idiot and hand em' over to the police. To do that u don't need the complete league of shadows training. Just some fighting skills and tech, etc. It's a leadup until Batman trains him to be Batman. Which will be great timing for when Gotham starts going back to ****.

And once again, you're relying on pure chance when you say that Gotham probably isn't bad at all during that time. Regardless of it being a couple of years after TDKR, that does not stop the crazies and criminals from running around, doing harm and causing chaos. Especially with a Nightwing(or whoever he is) that isn't fully trained to keep that stuff at bay.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Ant-Man, Fantastic Four
2016: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America 3, Doctor Strange(?), X-Men: Apocalypse, Sinister 6, Untitled DC movie, Gareth Edwards' Star Wars, Warcraft


Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
ThePowerCosmic is offline  
Old 03-27-2013, 12:45 AM   #67
Rodrigo90
RIP Robin
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 19,148
Default Re: Rumor: Bale may be back as Batman in JL - Part 1

It's pure chance. So a villain is obviously going to be coming in on a good schedule

__________________
"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles "
Christopher Reeve

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
5. Green Goblin not wearing a mask and being mutated
Rodrigo90 is offline  
Old 03-27-2013, 12:47 AM   #68
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 10,163
Default Re: Rumor: Bale may be back as Batman in JL - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
Personally I'd want JLA to stress that the members will come and go, but the symbol will remain intact; emphasized by Bruce's departure at the end of the movie (after an epic handshake with Clark at the Florence cafe), having completed his mission of setting up the league, and proving its effectiveness to the world.

The sequel, if it ever comes, switches out Bruce Wayne, Hal Jordan, Cyborg, and Aquaman for Robin Blake, John Stewart, Hawkgirl, and MM.
Yes! But to add my 2 cents for a second, I seriously doubt Aquaman or Cyborg will be in the first movie.

I would have this lineup in the first (btw a cameo by JGL would be best)...
Batman (Bruce), Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash (Barry), Green Lantern (Hal) and just a few scenes by John Jones.

2nd movie Bruce, Hal are replaced by Blake and Stewart. Jones becomes MM. Aquaman debuts. And the others? Who knows. Maybe Barry is replaced by Wally. Maybe Barry stays.

I wouldn't bring Cyborg or Hawkman/girl into it personally.

shauner111 is online now  
Old 03-27-2013, 12:49 AM   #69
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference
 
FeedOnATreeFrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,011
Default Re: Rumor: Bale may be back as Batman in JL - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Yes! But to add my 2 cents for a second, I seriously doubt Aquaman or Cyborg will be in the first movie.

I would have this lineup in the first (btw a cameo by JGL would be best)...
Batman (Bruce), Superman, Wonder Woman, Flash (Barry), Green Lantern (Hal) and just a few scenes by John Jones.

2nd movie Bruce, Hal are replaced by Blake and Stewart. Jones becomes MM. Aquaman debuts. And the others? Who knows. Maybe Barry is replaced by Wally. Maybe Barry stays.

I wouldn't bring Cyborg or Hawkman/girl into it personally.
Yeah that probably makes more sense.

(I just don't want to wait so long for Aquaman )

However, despite my idea, I don't imagine that the studio will want to throw away recognizable faces so fast. If people really like Hal Jordan in JL1, I don't think they'll switch him for Stewart (unless it's Will Smith or something...)

FeedOnATreeFrog is offline  
Old 03-27-2013, 12:50 AM   #70
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 10,163
Default Re: Rumor: Bale may be back as Batman in JL - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
And once again, you're relying on pure chance when you say that Gotham probably isn't bad at all during that time. Regardless of it being a couple of years after TDKR, that does not stop the crazies and criminals from running around, doing harm and causing chaos. Especially with a Nightwing(or whoever he is) that isn't fully trained to keep that stuff at bay.
Yeah but it's about how u write it. Nolans boys can just write it that way. Just like the wrote everything else. A lot of things were chance, like Catwomans timing or the leagues revenge, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
It's pure chance. So a villain is obviously going to be coming in on a good schedule
Sorry but ur words went over my head, cuz I was looking at ur avatar!

shauner111 is online now  
Old 03-27-2013, 12:53 AM   #71
titansupes
Side-Kick
 
titansupes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,820
Default Re: Rumor: Bale may be back as Batman in JL - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
And once again, you're relying on pure chance when you say that Gotham probably isn't bad at all during that time. Regardless of it being a couple of years after TDKR, that does not stop the crazies and criminals from running around, doing harm and causing chaos. Especially with a Nightwing(or whoever he is) that isn't fully trained to keep that stuff at bay.
All movies operate on conveniace to one degree or another. Isn't it lucky that there was a garbage chute right next to Han and Leia when they needed it? That the Death Star II could fit the Falcon in it's trenches? That a mind controlled Selvig built a fail safe? That all the (organic) aliens shut down when Stark blows up the ship?

Then - again - make that part of the story. Have him away from Gotham during peace time undergoing training, but eventually a new Ra's/Joker/Bane like villain comes and start causing trouble, more than the resurgent citizens and police can handle. Blake, against his kung-fu mentors wishes, goes back. He goes back, does a lot of good...but not against the big fish. He's still just doesn't have 'it'. Even Gordon says so! He comes to Wayne Manor, tells Blake he knows he's the new Batman (because who else would it be?) and to stop. He's just not Bruce. Eventually, through persistence, extra training, something unique to Blake 'making the role his own' he overcomes all those obstacles, as all heroes do (including Bruce).

It works fine. But again... For a comic. Not for the movies... Reboot with Bruce.

__________________
I NEVER WANTED YOU TO COME BACK TO GOTHAM.

titansupes is offline  
Old 03-27-2013, 12:54 AM   #72
Rodrigo90
RIP Robin
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Newcastle
Posts: 19,148
Default Re: Rumor: Bale may be back as Batman in JL - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Sorry but ur words went over my head, cuz I was looking at ur avatar!

And she can only be our Harley if some friggin Batman is in Gotham

__________________
"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles "
Christopher Reeve

I believe in Batfleck

Things I have been right about before they were confirmed -
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
1. Superman having no trunks
2. Bruce Wayne retiring and Batman being made a martyr
3. Bryan Cranston NOT being Lex Luthor
4. Joker being the big bad in Batman: Arkham Origins
5. Green Goblin not wearing a mask and being mutated
Rodrigo90 is offline  
Old 03-27-2013, 12:54 AM   #73
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.
 
ThePowerCosmic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: HYDRA
Posts: 17,841
Default Re: Rumor: Bale may be back as Batman in JL - Part 1

Like I said, no amount of writing will make me accept that faulty reasoning, shauner. But I'm done guys, have fun with the Blakeman discussion, I won't be a bother anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
All movies operate on conveniace to one degree or another. Isn't it lucky that there was a garbage chute right next to Han and Leia when they needed it? That the Death Star II could fit the Falcon in it's trenches? That a mind controlled Selvig built a fail safe? That all the (organic) aliens shut down when Stark blows up the ship?

Then - again - make that part of the story. Have him away from Gotham during peace time undergoing training, but eventually a new Ra's/Joker/Bane like villain comes and start causing trouble, more than the resurgent citizens and police can handle. Blake, against his kung-fu mentors wishes, goes back. He goes back, does a lot of good...but not against the big fish. He's still just doesn't have 'it'. Even Gordon says so! He comes to Wayne Manor, tells Blake he knows he's the new Batman (because who else would it be?) and to stop. He's just not Bruce. Eventually, through persistence, extra training, something unique to Blake 'making the role his own' he overcomes all those obstacles, as all heroes do (including Bruce).

It works fine. But again... For a comic. Not for the movies... Reboot with Bruce.

Yes that would be fine for a comic, but even then it's faulty. I can't swallow something like that for a Batman movie. I do want a reboot as well, but like I said, I'll stop with the Blakeman debate.

__________________
2015: Avengers: Age of Ultron, Star Wars: Episode VII, Daredevil, Ant-Man, Fantastic Four
2016: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, Captain America 3, Doctor Strange(?), X-Men: Apocalypse, Sinister 6, Untitled DC movie, Gareth Edwards' Star Wars, Warcraft


Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.

Last edited by ThePowerCosmic; 03-27-2013 at 12:57 AM.
ThePowerCosmic is offline  
Old 03-27-2013, 12:56 AM   #74
shauner111
Side-Kick
 
shauner111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 10,163
Default Re: Rumor: Bale may be back as Batman in JL - Part 1

My point is, a little dialogue explaining that gotham hasn't been doing too bad since Batman saved the city. there's the odd theft but the community has been focusing on paying tribute to batman and rebuilding the city with the help of....blah blah. It's about the story being told.

Blake Is guarding once in a while, most of the time by using the computers in the batcave then going out once every couple of months to do vigilante work. That may not even be necessary, they can write that the cops are handling the odd break in like any other city. You get the odd murder too, but in the Nolan-verse Batman wasn't about that at all. It was about organized crime and the big stuff. Because that was the main root of the city's problems.

shauner111 is online now  
Old 03-27-2013, 12:59 AM   #75
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference
 
FeedOnATreeFrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,011
Default Re: Rumor: Bale may be back as Batman in JL - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
No, I'm saying Terry already had Bruce's combat skills and brains(some of them, seeing as how he wasn't as smart as Bruce) dormant inside of him after the fact that Bruce had learned them. So when he was training in combat, those skills were able to come out quicker than the average person learning how to do so for the first time because those skills were literally in his genetics.


No matter how you try to spin it, that is not the same case with Blake.
So it's both then for Bruce. the fact that he has good genetics, and the fact that he's trained.

For Terry, he has good genetics. Not genetics that contain... accelerated training. If that was the case, Bruce Wayne's training would have been accelerated as well. Cloning doesn't take into account the age/state (training) of a person, only the genetics.

Thus all Blake needs is good genetics, a fancy suit, and some training in his free time, just like McGinnis.

And how bout this...Blake has naturally better genetics than Bruce Wayne


Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 03-27-2013 at 01:02 AM.
FeedOnATreeFrog is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:54 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.