The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League

View Poll Results: Should Bale be Batman again in Justice League?
Yes 87 55.77%
No 52 33.33%
Maybe 17 10.90%
Voters: 156. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 12:41 PM   #101
Rodrigo90
Bat Smiles

Default Re: Rumor: Bale may be back as Batman in JL - Part 1

It'll have to do lol
But it makes sense.

...I wouldn't mind seeing Jane in the role

I think she would have good chemistry with JGL. Or I'm thinking them in a comedy!

Old 03-27-2013, 12:56 PM   #102
Rorschach2012
$

Dude. You're obsessed hahah

Old 03-27-2013, 01:11 PM   #103
combocaz
Side-Kick

If bale doesn't sign on then ill rather they reboot batman than go along with this idea of using john blake as the new bats or nightwing.

Cyborg -Ray Fisher
Aquaman -Jason Momoa
The Flash Ezra Miller
Green Lantern ?????
Old 03-27-2013, 01:38 PM   #104
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

as long as he remains in jl films, and no origin story, I'm with that.

Old 03-27-2013, 01:50 PM   #105
Rodrigo90
Bat Smiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
Dude. You're obsessed hahah
I'll more than likely move on after Evil Dead

Old 03-27-2013, 01:50 PM   #106
kvz5
HBIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by combocaz View Post
If bale doesn't sign on then ill rather they reboot batman than go along with this idea of using john blake as the new bats or nightwing.
Same here. I'm okay with him being Nightwing but Blake as Batman is a deal breaker for me.

Old 03-27-2013, 01:53 PM   #107
Rodrigo90
Bat Smiles

I wouldn't mind it. But it would be awkward.

Bale should stick as Batman in JL. And WB should promote the Nolanverse by having Nightwing films.

Old 03-27-2013, 01:54 PM   #108
shauner111
Side-Kick

If Bale doesn't sign on there's no way the Nolan-verse will continue in any way. So u don't have to worry about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
It'll have to do lol
But it makes sense.

...I wouldn't mind seeing Jane in the role

I think she would have good chemistry with JGL. Or I'm thinking them in a comedy!
I wouldn't mind, but I would be disappointed that she was used as that role instead of Harley.

How about a little fan-fiction, don't crucify me, just a half assed idea even tho I prefer Nightwing

After JL. There's either no JL 2 at all or the sequel doesn't have Bale's Bruce. So after the events of the first team-up movie, Bruce goes back to Gotham and he's done. He trains and mentors Blake. We get "Batman Beyond" but with Blake's character replacing Terry McGinnis while Bruce is the older man in the batcave. Instead of being in his 70s, he's in his late 40s. And they take parts from Return of the Joker.

Now, in that movie Joker is actually not the real one and they're trying to figure out how he looks 50 while Bruce is about 25 years older. Is it surgery? Is he a follower? Well in this Blake version of Beyond, Bruce would be late 40s, realistically that makes Heath's Joker the same age. So approach it that way.

In TDKR novelization, it's said that Joker may have escaped Arkham at the end. So they should use that in the story. He broke out, and disappeared off the face of the planet for many years, leading people to believe that he'll never come back...but some have that fear that he could.

So Joker "returns" to Gotham and he's about the same age as Wayne is. And the question that Blake, Bruce and Gordon are asking themselves are...Is it him but with plastic surgery? Because something if off about him. Or is it a sicko follower?? A new Joker who has decided to take that mantle in the same way that Blake has taken the mantle from Bruce. They have this discussion with each other and come to the conclusion, that it really doesn't matter because they'll never know his identity. They just need to focus on capturing him.

They can return to The Killing Joke where Joker paralyzes Barbara. Now she's confined to a wheelchair as the Oracle in the story. **** gets personal with Blake, who was starting to care for her. His backstory could be brought up and we see if Blake will snap and kill Joker or if he will overcome the "Joker" like Bruce did many years ago. (I can see some posters on here liking the idea that this story takes place before JL and Blake actually breaks the rule, snaps and Bruce has to be Batman again. But that's another argument).

Anyways this is a good way to re-cast the role without it really being a re-cast of Heath, or stepping on his memory as Nolan doesn't like to do.

Last edited by shauner111; 03-27-2013 at 03:52 PM.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:02 PM   #109
Dark Knight
Banned User

I could definitely see a JGL solo Nightwing film produced by Nolan (Syncopy) possibly written by Jonah and Goyer and Directed by Riann Johnson who directed JGL in Looper.

That would be a sweet filmmaking team for the Nightwing film IMO.

Old 03-27-2013, 03:07 PM   #110
Frodo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kvz5 View Post
Same here. I'm okay with him being Nightwing but Blake as Batman is a deal breaker for me.
I would still see a Blake Batman film, but I'm really not on board for a Blake Batman film or JLA appearence. I've thought about it ever since the rumor first broke , and its just not that appealing to me.

I'd rather see a reboot if Bale says no.

Old 03-27-2013, 03:14 PM   #111
Rodrigo90
Bat Smiles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
I could definitely see a JGL solo Nightwing film produced by Nolan (Syncopy) possibly written by Jonah and Goyer and Directed by Riann Johnson who directed JGL in Looper.

And it would certainly help in a future reboot for Batman's sidekicks.

I would like at least one Blake film. Just to show his journey into being a hero.

Old 03-27-2013, 03:51 PM   #112
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post

Perfect choice, ive been saying that for a while too.

And if we get a Catwoman spin-off, I think Jonah should write it and Wally Pfister should direct.

Old 03-27-2013, 04:10 PM   #113
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post

And if we get a Catwoman spin-off, I think Jonah should write it and Wally Pfister should direct.
I'd prefer a more experienced director myself.

We have no idea if Pfister is going to be a good director

Old 03-27-2013, 04:20 PM   #114
shauner111
Side-Kick

Right, we'll see how he does with his first one. They should do an origin for Selina, go a little under an R-Rating . Make her a stripper in the past. Nicolas Winding Refn can make it.

Old 03-27-2013, 04:34 PM   #115
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:

Yeah. That would be an ideal and sweet filmmaking team for the solo Catwoman film with Anne in the lead also.

Old 03-27-2013, 04:37 PM   #116
solidsnake86
Side-Kick

Quote:

If there was a catwoman spin-off it would be cool if they set it right after TDKR but right before she finds bruce or he finds her. They could have it set in Rome and use elements from the comic book. They could also have her use the whip and have it that she was moved by what Batman did by sacrificing himself so she honors him by not using a gun.

Just an idea.

Old 03-27-2013, 04:39 PM   #117
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
I'd prefer a more experienced director myself.

We have no idea if Pfister is going to be a good director

I think Pfister is going to be fine as a director. The man has plenty of solid filmmaking experience.

It seems he is rounding out a solid cast for Transcendence as well with Depp, Hall, Bettany and now Kate Mara attached.

We'll see though.

Old 03-27-2013, 04:41 PM   #118
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidsnake86 View Post
If there was a catwoman spin-off it would be cool if they set it right after TDKR but right before she finds bruce or he finds her. They could have it set in Rome and use elements from the comic book. They could also have her use the whip and have it that she was moved by what Batman did by sacrificing himself so she honors him by not using a gun.

Just an idea.

I like that idea. I would love to see Anne's solo Catwoman film be shot in Gotham, but mostly in Rome and Paris. Showing her also use the whip would be great as well.

Old 03-27-2013, 04:53 PM   #119
shauner111
Side-Kick

It wouldn't be in Gotham. If it's a prequel it will probably be set in Detroit or some other American city. Rome would be perfect for post-TDKR.

Old 03-27-2013, 05:38 PM   #120
Aztec
Side-Kick

So some wild ideas here for a TDKR continuance...Perhaps Talia left Bruce one last surprise at the end of TDKR she saved all of his private info, files, records, etc. on a hard drive and delivered them to her ally: Lex Luthor. And Lexy saw an opportunity to team up with a powerful being by the name of Brainiac in order to kill his rival Superman. Brainiac uses this information to hunt down Robin and Catwoman with the intent of killing Bruce Wayne; a potential threat to his invasion plans (ala Loki in The Avengers hunting down each member to kill them all at once). He offs the first two but now Bruce is back on his own (as he should be) and realizes that he can't leave his city in ruins and his friends unavenged. Plus it adds a new element of tragedy to Bruce's life: he lost his parents now he lost his "children" (crime fighting children anyways).

Add in the fact that Brainiac shows the world that Superman can be tamed with Kryptonite and now there is little hope except for Bruce to dawn the cape and cowl once again. Create a situation where a great deal of detective work, "enhanced interrogation techniques", and close quarter combat are needed and now you have an excellent reason to have Batman involved. Superman will handle the super/global/enormous sized elements of the Brainiac threat. He will also provide the hopeful and honest approach to fighting evil that Batman lacks. Include a scene or two where they each discover the other's secret identity (The Animated Series movie did a fantastic job of this). That makes for a pretty damn good World's Finest movie to me.

VS. Thanos
MARVEL'S THE INFINITY GAUNTLET
Old 03-27-2013, 06:55 PM   #121
Rodrigo90
Bat Smiles

Would WB do that? Make a Catwoman and a Nightwing film?

They need to take a page out of Marvel's book.

Old 03-27-2013, 07:06 PM   #122
JOE

In order for someone else to play Bats, they'd have to have already had a successful reboot of the series on their own. Although continuing on with JGL would be cool, the supporting characters of Batman is what made the franchise great. Alfred, Gordon, Lucius etc.

JL won't be the same with JGL if he hasn't established himself and won over the Bale fans. Passing the torch on isn't as easy as finding the cave, suiting up and being Batman.

"If you make yourself more than just an avatar, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely... A legend, Mr. Kane52630"

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat

MCU CBM Ratings:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Iron-Man: 7.5
The Incredible Hulk: 5.5
Iron-Man 2: 4
Thor: 5
Captain America: 6.5
The Avengers: 8
Iron-Man 3: 6
Thor 2: 5
Captain America 2: 7
Guardians of the Galaxy: 7.5

DCU CBM Ratings:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Man of Steel: 5

Old 03-27-2013, 07:12 PM   #123
Rodrigo90
Bat Smiles

I see Gordon returning in a Nightwing film. Fox even, if he provides support to Blake with his creative intellect.

Old 03-27-2013, 07:56 PM   #124
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
I see Gordon returning in a Nightwing film. Fox even, if he provides support to Blake with his creative intellect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
In order for someone else to play Bats, they'd have to have already had a successful reboot of the series on their own. Although continuing on with JGL would be cool, the supporting characters of Batman is what made the franchise great. Alfred, Gordon, Lucius etc.

JL won't be the same with JGL if he hasn't established himself and won over the Bale fans. Passing the torch on isn't as easy as finding the cave, suiting up and being Batman.
Don't think anybody is saying JGL would be Batman in Justice League. Well, if they are, they're only talking about it being a possibility for the second one, not the first.

But ur right. We're thinking of Blake as Batman in his own solo movie, but don't think it will ever happen. Nightwing is a different story. But even that, im not so sure.

I think the chances of him in a movie (more than a cameo) is if they get World's Finest off the ground first.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:16 PM   #125
Rodrigo90
Bat Smiles

Here's the possibilities.

Bale signs on for a couple of JL movies. Then you have JGL as Nightwing in 1 or 2 spinoff films. To promote alongside. Bringing JGL back, Gary Oldman and Morgan Freeman is a serious win.

Bale's back for 1 film, then Blake proves himself as Batman and joins the JL. Opening the door for potential successful Batman films. That's what WB wants.

If Bale doesn't come back, then the Nolanverse is shut and we see a rebooted Batman in JL, with a new film series in 2017. WB want that too. But they want Bale back to help with the success of JL.

Whatever the future, I'm excited

Closed Thread