The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Old 05-04-2013, 01:15 PM   #201
kaijunexus
===---- ゴジラ 2014 ----===

Default Re: Iron Man Hall of Armors

All of the iron man suits...revealed!!!!!

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

ゴジラ
kaijunexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:11 PM   #202
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Wewt! awesome!

Too bad they all exploded.

Last edited by pr0xyt0xin; 05-04-2013 at 06:20 PM.
pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:16 PM   #203
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

What is Mark 4?

Mark 1 - Built this in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Mark 2 - Silver
Mark 3 - Gold + Hot rod red
Mark 4 - ???

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:20 PM   #204
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
What is Mark 4?

Mark 2 - Silver
Mark 4 - ???
This is my personal way of describing it, because it isn't evident in the films, but in the deleted scene the mark 4 helmet is removable whereas the mark 3 never had that function. So remember when Tony has trouble getting the mark 3 off in IM1? He says "I built this to come off" but it didn't function properly.

I figure Mark 4 is just more versatile in its removal functionality. Also Mark 3 was thrashed in the fight against Iron Monger.

Old 05-04-2013, 03:23 PM   #205
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
This is my personal way of describing it, because it isn't evident in the films, but in the deleted scene the mark 4 helmet is removable whereas the mark 3 never had that function. So remember when Tony has trouble getting the mark 3 off in IM1? He says "I built this to come off" but it didn't function properly.

I figure Mark 4 is just more versatile in its removal functionality. Also Mark 3 was thrashed in the fight against Iron Monger.
Thanks

Old 05-04-2013, 03:29 PM   #206
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
What is Mark 4?

Mark 2 - Silver
Mark 4 - ???
Upgraded version of the Mark III

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:34 PM   #207
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post
Upgraded version of the Mark III
Thanks

Old 05-04-2013, 03:34 PM   #208
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

I dont know if it bothered anyone else at the time, but when all 42 of the suits were destroyed by the end of the movie, I was slightly hurt. :P

But this is how I made my peace with it. Basically, he made all these suits as a comfort bubble. Now by the end of the film we realize he doesn't need them right? wrong! He most definitely needed them all to fight against the Extremis soldiers. So what is the goal now?

It seems like throughout the films the turnover time for building a new suit has been drastically cut down. In the first film we see him take a couple weeks to build mark 1, a couple weeks to build mark 2 and "automated assembly" for mark 3 took about 5 hours. But now Tony has built 35 suits in roughly 6 months.

So what I'm thinking is that, similar to the comics we might see a Tony Stark (in Avengers 2 and beyond) whose suit conforms to whatever threat he's about to face as it is built around his body. For an example of what I mean, check out this short, specifically around 0:45:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRDEaRBWXWA

He doesn't need 40+ different suits because all of his suits will be just as easy to assemble onto his body immediately. Only problem then is... No Iron Legion. If he needs it in the future.

Last edited by pr0xyt0xin; 05-04-2013 at 06:21 PM.
Old 05-04-2013, 03:36 PM   #209
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Wewt! awesome!

Too bad they all exploded.
That pissed me off. It was unnecessary

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:40 PM   #210
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
See above post. lol.

Old 05-04-2013, 03:44 PM   #211
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:

If it didn't happen then whenever IM appears in his next movie, be it Avengers 2 or IM 4 people would be waiting for the army of Iron Men to save the day.

Old 05-04-2013, 03:51 PM   #212
antsman41
Darkness... yeah.

I'm mad he'll never wear the Space armor on film.

I N T E R S T E L L A R
antsman41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 03:57 PM   #213
GRangerPrimeNYC
AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

What I hate is that most of the 42 armors are duplicates, repainted, or with mismatched parts from other armors for the sake of reaching 42. In some cases, armors having pieces of armors later on in the marks. Like, how pieces of HammerHead, HeartBreaker, and Rescue are seen on armors as far back as 8-14.
I think they only focused on designing the suits we see on all the advertising, books, and games, while the rest were put together from pieces of those to reach 42.

They could've just had Tony build 20 new armors instead of 35, cut down to just the more unique designs like Gemini, Igor, Striker, Sneaky, Nightclub, Heartbreaker, and etc, and they still could've played the PTSD aspect of the film the same way they did.

This kinda causes a problem for merchandise, since I don't see Hasbro, Hot Toys, and etc making all 42.

The completist in me cries

Sucks that all of them blew up at the end, so what's the point anymore.

Last edited by GRangerPrimeNYC; 05-04-2013 at 04:03 PM.
GRangerPrimeNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:00 PM   #214
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by antsman41 View Post
I'm mad he'll never wear the Space armor on film.
Yep. I can't tell you how many armors I wanted RDJ to comment on and show off...

You just know that none of this idea was Shane Blacks. If it had been we wouldve gotten a more in depth run down of these armors. The action figure collector in me wanted so much more. We can thank Marvel for the merchandising... But we can thank Shane Black for doing nothing with it on screen.

Old 05-04-2013, 05:18 PM   #215
DrDoom
Dictator

awesome spoilers

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 06:18 PM   #216
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrDoom View Post
awesome spoilers
Where? The OP? The armor nicknames/mark numbers/functionality are not spoilers from the film they are from merchandising. Plus I put a spoiler warning in the OP anyway.

Are you talking about us discussing the armors' absence from the film? Guess what. Batman wasn't in the film either. Sorry to spoil that for you.

EDIT But DrDoom hasn't seen the movie guys. So try to remember to use spoiler tags.

Last edited by pr0xyt0xin; 05-04-2013 at 06:21 PM.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:09 PM   #217
Iron Legion_042
Side-Kick

Th Eek Re: Iron Man Hall of Armors

Hi everyone. I'm new here to the site and glad to be a part of the chatter. Haven't seen the film yet, but from what I've seen, the movie looks way better than the first two. And all 42 armors look amazing !

Iron Legion_042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 07:16 PM   #218
Iron Legion_042
Side-Kick

kaijunexus, Where did you get this from? Is it some kind of poster and where can I get it ?

Iron Legion_042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:44 PM   #219
DrDoom
Dictator

Quote:
Where? The OP? The armor nicknames/mark numbers/functionality are not spoilers from the film they are from merchandising. Plus I put a spoiler warning in the OP anyway.

Are you talking about us discussing the armors' absence from the film? Guess what. Batman wasn't in the film either. Sorry to spoil that for you.

EDIT But DrDoom hasn't seen the movie guys. So try to remember to use spoiler tags.
No talking about people just blurting out that his entire Armory gets destroyed in the end

Old 05-04-2013, 09:53 PM   #220
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
No talking about people just blurting out that his entire Armory gets destroyed in the end
Oh... my bad man. Well, actually Tony destroys it himself. Called it the clean slate. You should probably go see the film before this comic book movie forum ruins anything else for you.

Old 05-04-2013, 10:33 PM   #221
DrDoom
Dictator

Got tickets for tomorrow

Old 05-04-2013, 10:38 PM   #222
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Got tickets for tomorrow
Nice. You're gonna hate it.

Old 05-05-2013, 01:07 AM   #223
joriben

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRangerPrimeNYC View Post
What I hate is that most of the 42 armors are duplicates, repainted, or with mismatched parts from other armors for the sake of reaching 42. In some cases, armors having pieces of armors later on in the marks. Like, how pieces of HammerHead, HeartBreaker, and Rescue are seen on armors as far back as 8-14.
I think they only focused on designing the suits we see on all the advertising, books, and games, while the rest were put together from pieces of those to reach 42.

They could've just had Tony build 20 new armors instead of 35, cut down to just the more unique designs like Gemini, Igor, Striker, Sneaky, Nightclub, Heartbreaker, and etc, and they still could've played the PTSD aspect of the film the same way they did.

This kinda causes a problem for merchandise, since I don't see Hasbro, Hot Toys, and etc making all 42.

The completist in me cries

Sucks that all of them blew up at the end, so what's the point anymore.
It may look like it is a desperate move to reach 42 armors but we all know how Tony Works. We know before that Tony Stark don't look back but he changed his outlook when Obadiah Stane stole his arc reactor and he is forced to use his old one. Now he cherish everything that he creates even prototypes. For me it is weirder if we see lesser duplicates because it is just not Tony. When he creates a certain armor he progressively updates it.

I don't understand it. In iron Man 1 we have Mark 2 and Mark 3 (repainted) and in Iron Man 2 we have Mark 4 and Mark 6 (different chest piece) then why on Earth we are complaining if there are several Red Snappers or heartbreakers in the set.

P.S.

Where does the screenshots come from? Is it a book or a catalog? i hope we can get a better scanned version of this book.

joriben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:31 AM   #224
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
awesome spoilers
Anyone that goes to the forums the week of the release of the movie they are going to watch is going to be spoiled. Spoiler bombs always get dropped.
I avoid the forums a month (at least) before I go to watch a movie.
For a major movie like ASM 2 I stopped going to the Spidey forums a few months ago for a movie that is coming out next year.

Old 05-05-2013, 01:32 AM   #225
joriben

as much as we expect spoilers on forums like this. Forum members should be decent enough to avoid posting some here or at least put them on spoiler tags.

joriben is offline   Reply With Quote