Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-28-2013, 10:15 PM   #26
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Default Re: Episode 18 Salvation- Rate & Review Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSovereignty View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
im guessing the undertaking is going to involve destroying the glades using the abandoned subway, so basically like th league of shadows in batman begins lol
They'll probably make Vertigo into some kind of "weaponized hallucinogen"...

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:18 PM   #27
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!

I hope they do something more original than that

Old 03-28-2013, 10:34 PM   #28
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

On another note, anyone else got the feeling that this episode planted seeds for a future potential romantic relationship between Oliver and Felicity?lol

yeah, I do hope that the events of this episode will be the trigger point that makes Oliver realize that he can't keep on using murder as a means of taking out the people from the list, otherwise he'd just become as lost as that dude was in this episode.

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:26 PM   #29
Human Torch
Mandatory Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post

yeah, I do hope that the events of this episode will be the trigger point that makes Oliver realize that he can't keep on using murder as a means of taking out the people from the list, otherwise he'd just become as lost as that dude was in this episode.
Every episode seems to have something that should push Ollie away from killing people.(Everybody and their grandmother has mentioned it.Diggle,Helena,Tommy,Laural,Felicity-the list goes on.)But they make no change in his methods.I doubt the guy in this episode will make him think any different.

Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:55 PM   #30
Nathan

Quote:
On another note, anyone else got the feeling that this episode planted seeds for a future potential romantic relationship between Oliver and Felicity?lol

Funny thing, he barely killed anyone on the list. Doesn't he just mostly scare their pants off? If you are a bodyguard for anyone on the list though, then you need to get worried.

Old 03-29-2013, 12:01 AM   #31
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

I really enjoyed this ep, loved the sequence where Felicity was trying to guide Ollie to the location of the second victim (The mobile subway killing room was a neat idea), it was well put together and they really get the most out of their action. Overall a good story that puts the Glades to the forefront as the undertaking approaches.

Moira selling out Lau puts more blood on her hands, I can't see her living past season 2. Ollie also needs to get Roy in line if he's gonna keep sucking face with Thea.

The island stuff was good as always, it's going to be interesting to see how the Ollie/Slade/Shado trio contrasts to the current day Ollie/Dig/Felicity trio.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:33 AM   #32
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
The way she looked at him when he told her she could talk to him about her day if she needed to and put his hand on her shoulder made me think they were setting something up.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:31 AM   #33
OnTheAir
Papa Spank

Just watched this week's episode. I enjoyed it. As cheesy as it was, I still smiled at the "Central City/be there in a flash" line.

Sorry to see my man Lau go. Dude can't catch a break. First TDK. Now Arrow. Didn't he get killed on Last Resort too?

OnTheAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:23 AM   #34
The Techno Bat
Side-Kick

Another solid episode. And like already mentioned I loved the nod to The Flash ha ha ha
Pretty cheesy, but funny LoL

The Techno Bat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:37 PM   #35
Monsieur Xavier
Guild Steersman

About Moira : for someone who ordered a kill on her husband, on her boss and are in league with a shadow organization which plan to destroy a city, she is very sensitive and appears to be shocked by her own evil actions.

Btw, what happened to her last husband, I don't remember ?

Monsieur Xavier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:37 PM   #36
flickchick85
Loose Seal

I never got the impression she ordered the hit on her husband, just knew about it.

01000110011011110111001000100000011001010111011001 10010101110010011110010010000001100001011101000110 11110110110100100000011000100110010101101100011011 11011011100110011101101001011011100110011100100000 01110100011011110010000001101101011001010010000001 10000101110011001000000110011101101111011011110110 01000010000001100010011001010110110001101111011011 10011001110111001100100000011101000110111100100000 01111001011011110111010100101110
flickchick85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 04:38 PM   #37
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
The way she looked at him when he told her she could talk to him about her day if she needed to and put his hand on her shoulder made me think they were setting something up.
I have had strong speculation that something could be up between Oliver and Felicity In future especilly since she will be regural character next season.

I don't think we will be seeing Oliver and Laurel anytime soon.

marvelrobbins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:11 PM   #38
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I really hope nothing happens between Oliver and Felicity beyond friendship.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

Old 03-29-2013, 05:21 PM   #39
mr. peasant
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheAir View Post
Just watched this week's episode. I enjoyed it. As cheesy as it was, I still smiled at the "Central City/be there in a flash" line.

Sorry to see my man Lau go. Dude can't catch a break. First TDK. Now Arrow. Didn't he get killed on Last Resort too?
Well, just tell him to join my friend, Sean Bean.

mr. peasant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:33 PM   #40
Human Torch
Mandatory Fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
Nothing will.She's the show's Chloe.A cute nerdy girl that people will want the leading guy to hook up with,despite the fact that he's already predestined to end up with somebody else.

Old 03-29-2013, 09:56 PM   #41
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post
Nothing will.She's the show's Chloe.A cute nerdy girl that people will want the leading guy to hook up with,despite the fact that he's already predestined to end up with somebody else.
I think it's a little different in that Oliver isn't obsessed with some girl who was never worth it while never noticing a girl who was better for him at that time in his life.

"

Old 03-30-2013, 12:45 AM   #42
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Not exactly the best example to use since Chloe did end up with SV's Oliver despite the fact that the show had a Dinah Lance present.lol

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 03:06 AM   #43
Human Torch
Mandatory Fun

Good point.

Old 03-30-2013, 03:26 PM   #44
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Not exactly the best example to use since Chloe did end up with SV's Oliver despite the fact that the show had a Dinah Lance present.lol
Quote:
Good point.
I forgot all about that.

I really didn't like that route they took.

"

Old 03-30-2013, 03:36 PM   #45
Nathan

Funny. Especially since I'm not a fan of either version of Dinah Lance. So I don't really care if they don't follow the comic when it comes to relationships.

Old 03-30-2013, 05:05 PM   #46
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Funny. Especially since I'm not a fan of either version of Dinah Lance. So I don't really care if they don't follow the comic when it comes to relationships.
For me it had less to do with following the comics and more to do with the fact that I thought the writers sucked and had no idea what to really do with Ollie, especially once he became part of the main cast. So, "naturally" he had to have some sort of love and/or sex relationship with some other main character.

"

Old 03-31-2013, 03:51 PM   #47
cheungcheung
Side-Kick

They really squandered the story line for laurel's mom's return. What the hell was the point?

cheungcheung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 05:37 PM   #48
Supermouse
Side-Kick

The actress is a big fanboy nod, they needed something for the Lances to do, and it kills the notion that Oliver may be redeemed for what he did to Sarah by having her turn up alive. All they need now is for Ms. Lance to become involved with anything else at all in the show so that she can have scenes with other characters. Or maybe it turns out she's on the List! :gasp:

Supermouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:39 PM   #49
Tzigone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by flickchick85 View Post
I never got the impression she ordered the hit on her husband, just knew about it.
I'm still not sure if she found out about the sabotage before or after the boat went down. If before, I think it's more than likely she didn't know Oliver would be there. My biggest reason for thinking she didn't know beforehand (at the moment) is how she reacted to Frank's death - and to planning Malcolm's. If she'd been a party to arranging her own husband's death, you wouldn't think these would bother her as much. But she still might have known, I admit. I'm just not sure. It's just that they've told us that she knew more than she should, but haven't told us she arranged it. I don't have strong feelings on whether or not she knew ahead of time, but she didn't plan it, I don't think. I hope we get more detail on what exactly happened soon.

Quote:
Same here. I'd also prefer not to see Felicity/Diggle, either (at least, not now). And, honestly, I'd prefer not to see Oliver have three or four love interests every season and not to amp up the love triangle with Tommy/Laurel/Oliver (let one relationship well and truly end before another begins). Probably hoping in vain, as this is the CW, and probably everyone will date each other before it's over. That said, please no cheating on the Tommy/Laurel/Oliver thing. After the cheating and the Sarah thing, I'm actually a bit optimistic on that account. They wouldn't have Oliver cheat on his girlfriend with his sister and then start messing around with his best friend's girl (or at least former-best-friend's girl), right? And they wouldn't make Laurel cheat with her boyfriend's best bud after having been cheated on that way, right? Right?

Heck, I know I'm delusional, since I'm actually hoping for Malcolm to be Merlyn and Tommy to be a good guy.

I do feel like the Sarah thing was wrapped up too abruptly, too oddly. I don't want her to be alive, but it just played out oddly to me. Not sure what I expect next from that direction, though. Still it was nice to see the Lance family dynamic. I liked seeing Quentin smiling and he and Dinah were so filled with hope, and I wonder if how they were in that scene was how things were back before Sarah died. And does this mean Laurel and Quentin have made up now? Was that the purpose of the storyline?

Last edited by Tzigone; 03-31-2013 at 08:48 PM.
Tzigone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:19 AM   #50
Justin
Side-Kick

I'm one of the consistent high markers of this show, usually a 9 or a 10. This one was a 5 and I'm surprised there is so much praise.

I loved the write up, and I loved the concept, but I thought it was horribly done. At no point did I catch that Ollie was the inspiration for the savior and said this online which was Ollie's motivation to stop him according to the write up. Ollie running around buildings kicking doors in without his mask was stupid, as was to guarantee Thea Roy would be safe and then disappear for a few hours.

Roy and Thea are moving way too fast. He didn't like her at all. This should be a much slower build.

The is Sarah alive thing seems so pointless now, unless she is alive which I don't think so. I guess it's an effective way of bringing Laurel's mom into it and maybe her parents will get back together, but this isn't why people watch Arrow really.

The island scenes were the best part, but I didn't feel Slade and Ollie's chemistry was as good as it can be. The dark archer "cameo" good too and where he realises what the image in the book is and gives his "the undertaking.." speech was cool.

Basically, it gave some good builld up bits but the Savior was just really disappointing and this episode just didn't hit with me at all really. Must just be me, because everyone else seems to like it

Justin is offline   Reply With Quote