Default Re: Paramount's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Part 9

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 07-31-2014, 06:06 PM   #3
SuperSanchez
I'm Not Mexican

Default Re: Paramount's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - Part 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSkull View Post
Here be REAL spoilers. Read at your own risk.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
The turtles all fight Shredder on a rooftop and he easily defeats them. They put their heads together and are able to take him down, but he manages to knock over a radio tower or something, which causes nearly everyone to hang on for their lives, including April. They struggle a bit while hanging from the radio tower as its wedged between two buildings. Shredder launches a blade at Leonardo, but he deflects it back into Shredder, knocking him off the tower where he falls to his death. It's about a fifteen minute fight.
and you know this how?

4. The Avengers
3. Iron Man 3
2. The Amazing Spider-Man 2
1. Avengers: Age Of Ultron
Old 07-31-2014, 06:13 PM   #4
RedSkull
Lord of the Movie Masters

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSanchez View Post
and you know this how?
I saw the movie.

Seriously guys don't click on that spoiler tag unless you want the ending spoiled.

I don't sleep I wait for more movie masters
Old 07-31-2014, 06:47 PM   #5
SuperSanchez
I'm Not Mexican

Quote:
I saw the movie.

Seriously guys don't click on that spoiler tag unless you want the ending spoiled.
ruff cut or actual official movie? howd u wtch it?

Old 07-31-2014, 06:49 PM   #6
NinjaTurtleFan
Turtle Power!

Default Re: Paramount's Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - - Part 11

Red Skull,

Is Eric Sachs a Utrom? How much does Baxter Stockman play into the movie? Is Oroku Saki indeed the scarred man and is it he behind the armor or is it Sachs?

Also, with the origin story... how much of it differs from the original comics? Does Hamato Yoshi play into it or is it strictly April's dad? Is April's dad really Splinter?

Old 07-31-2014, 07:11 PM   #7
WoodyROM
Side-Kick

Ok, before you answer all of these questions, please spoiler tag that mess!

And thank you for doing that already

Romans 8:38-39
Old 07-31-2014, 07:13 PM   #8
Klank
Side-Kick

Quote:
ruff cut or actual official movie? howd u wtch it?
They've been holding advanced screenings.

Old 07-31-2014, 07:20 PM   #9
SuperSanchez
I'm Not Mexican

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klank View Post
They've been holding advanced screenings.
ok cool, sweet, sorry just one last question, whereabouts is this?

Old 07-31-2014, 07:25 PM   #10
SuperSanchez
I'm Not Mexican

http://comicbook.com/blog/2014/07/30...-how-good-it-/
get exited, the reviews are surprisingly good so far

Larry Ohh tweeted, “Do yourself a favor and go watch the Ninja Turtle movie when it comes out! #TMNTMovie #warpedtour.” When questioned if the film was really that good, Ohh replied, “Mad good! It really was. We loved it.”

Larry Ohh tweeted, “Do yourself a favor and go watch the Ninja Turtle movie when it comes out! #TMNTMovie #warpedtour.” When questioned if the film was really that good, Ohh replied, “Mad good! It really was. We loved it.”

SolBianka tweeted, “Warped tour just had the best field trip. #TMNTMovie was pretty damn great!”

The People’s Vegan tweeted, “#TMNTMOVIE was really good.”

Kate tweeted, “Gonna watch Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles! Warped set it up so all the bands are n here & when we walked in they went ‘AYE WARPED YOUTUBERS!’ Ok it was SO GOOD! I laughed so hard errghh go see it when it comes out. #TMNTMovie was awesome!!”

Benjamin Sledge tweeted, “Just saw an advanced screening of #TMNTMovie and was shocked at how good it was. Died laughing the entire time.” Sledge also added, “Really awesome. I thought it was going to suck being a Michael Bay film but ended up incredible. LOTS of heart. The family dynamic was great between the brothers and splinter. As a huge fan I was really pleased.”

Old 07-31-2014, 07:25 PM   #11
RedSkull

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaTurtleFan View Post
Red Skull,

Is Eric Sachs a Utrom? How much does Baxter Stockman play into the movie? Is Oroku Saki indeed the scarred man and is it he behind the armor or is it Sachs?

Also, with the origin story... how much of it differs from the original comics? Does Hamato Yoshi play into it or is it strictly April's dad? Is April's dad really Splinter?
Answers:
Eric Sachs is a corporate villain. He's a scientist who was born on a military base in Japan and was basically raised by The Shredder. Sachs is the brains of the organization and Shredder is the muscle. He created the mutagen that made the turtles with April's father. When Aprils' father realized Sachs was working with The Shredder in developing the mutagen, he died trying to burn down the laboratory and all traces of the mutagen. The 4 baby turtles and the rat that were test subjects in the lab were saved by April before the lab burned down. She frees them at the entrance to a sewer. This is the turtles origin story.

Shredder is never given a name other than The Shredder. He appears in 4 scenes of the movie, 3 of which are fight scenes. Sachs gives him his armor tech, but it is always the unnamed Japanese warrior that wears the Shredder armor. I was personally surprised to see that Sachs wasn't Shredder.

Baxter Stockman isn't in the film.

Old 07-31-2014, 07:26 PM   #12
Klank
Side-Kick

Quote:
ok cool, sweet, sorry just one last question, whereabouts is this?
They've been having them in a few places. I think Red Skull is the only one on this board to attend one.

Old 07-31-2014, 07:28 PM   #13
RedSkull

Quote:
They've been having them in a few places. I think Red Skull is the only one on this board to attend one.
I saw it last night in LA. Fun screening. Crowd was loving every second of it.

Old 07-31-2014, 07:29 PM   #14
WoodyROM
Side-Kick

Man, it's surprisingly hard not to click those spoiler tags lol

Old 07-31-2014, 07:32 PM   #15
SuperSanchez
I'm Not Mexican

Quote:
ok cool, btw theyve been getting really good reviews, so lets hope this isn't transformers all over again!

Old 07-31-2014, 07:34 PM   #16
SuperSanchez
I'm Not Mexican

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodyROM View Post
Man, it's surprisingly hard not to click those spoiler tags lol
just read it cause i dont really care if tmnt is spoiled for me and all it tells you is the final battle and what happens to shredder

Old 07-31-2014, 07:34 PM   #17
WoodyROM
Side-Kick

I think I'll wait

Old 07-31-2014, 07:39 PM   #18
Klank
Side-Kick

Quote:
ok cool, btw theyve been getting really good reviews, so lets hope this isn't transformers all over again!
Not to disparage Red Skull's opinion, certainly he knows his own mind and it's great he genuinely liked the movie but crowds at these advanced screenings generally come out very positive which of course they spread to twitter that gets picked up the various blogs that will report the positive reaction.

Some movies justify the hype while some like The Lone Ranger and Green Lantern don't hold up without the great atmosphere and free gifts etc..

Last edited by Klank; 07-31-2014 at 07:46 PM.
Old 07-31-2014, 07:41 PM   #19
RedSkull

Quote:
Not to disparage Red Skull's opinion, certainly he knows his own mind and it's great he genuinely liked the movie but crowds at these advanced screenings generally come out very positive which of course they spread to twitter that gets picked up the various blogs that will report the positive reaction.

Some movies justify the hype while some Green Lantern don't hold up without the great atmosphere and free gifts etc.

Believe me...I'm not an easy taker for a movie like this. I went in fully expecting to hate it. It's not like my favorite movie ever but I did enjoy it a lot more than I thought. I'm not a fan of Bay's transformers movies at all. I don't think critics will respond positively to the film. But it knows what it is and the fans should be fine with it. It's easily less stupid than the Gi Joe movies and transformers. A lot of self-aware humor goes a long way. They make fun of the concept of TMNT itself several times. At one point someone asks if they're aliens and Megan Fox goes "no that's stupid."

Old 07-31-2014, 07:47 PM   #20
bsquad
Side-Kick

RedSkull so...
Is the Shredder's main goal to mutate the world or make more mutagen or something like that? Are the turtles and Splinter mutated when April saves them? Thanks!

Old 07-31-2014, 07:49 PM   #21
SuperSanchez
I'm Not Mexican

Quote:

Some movies justify the hype while some like The Lone Ranger and Green Lantern don't hold up without the great atmosphere and free gifts etc..
well yeh everyone at the advanced screening liked it. but then again that happened with other movies and then when it was officially released it got terrible reviews! (ahum Iron Man 3) even though iron man 3 is my fav film besides avengers everyone said it was good in advanced screenings but then when it came out alot of people hated it!

Old 07-31-2014, 08:03 PM   #22
Klank
Side-Kick

Quote:
Believe me...I'm not an easy taker for a movie like this. I went in fully expecting to hate it. It's not like my favorite movie ever but I did enjoy it a lot more than I thought. I'm not a fan of Bay's transformers movies at all. I don't think critics will respond positively to the film. But it knows what it is and the fans should be fine with it. It's easily less stupid than the Gi Joe movies and transformers. A lot of self-aware humor goes a long way. They make fun of the concept of TMNT itself several times. At one point someone asks if they're aliens and Megan Fox goes "no that's stupid."
I think the fact that it's aware of what it is is apparent from the latest interviews and trailer I just don't particularly care for what it is.

I realize I'll never get a Return to New York inspired movie, or City at War based movie, I'm not sure I even want that level of seriousness but given the growing respect comic book movies have been getting I don't think it's unrealistic to expect it to be generally true the source and have a certain degree of seriousness and not just be another popcorn flick. Yes, it's talking turtles, it's silly have a joke about and get to the meat.

Basically take what the 1990 movie did and make it work for a modern audience. I didn't need to read the spoilers to know that's not the case.

I've enjoyed all four previous movies because I'm a fan but speaking objectively it's shocking we're on our fifth TMNT movie when there's only been one actual good and genuinely successful one.

I'm harder on this one though because we're at an interesting time. It's not turtlemania part II by any stretch but a lot of eyes on the franchise right now, it's peaked an interest that hasn't been present in a long time and probably never will be again. They had an opportunity here to shoot for something special but they didn't.

If this movie doesn't meet Paramount's expectations I wouldn't be surprised if they put the movie series on ice and I wouldn't blame them, TMNT has probably had more opportunities in this area than it's track record indicates it deserves. Even if years down the line we get a really good movie I think the window of opportunity it would catch on to any great degree will have been lost.

Old 07-31-2014, 08:32 PM   #23
Kal-El.9859
Trust No One

All new TV spot on Big Brother tonight. Splinter opens a box of pizza and a few new shots

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 07-31-2014, 08:33 PM   #24
Knightstalker
Boy Wonder

http://jankins.net/home/blog/teenage...e-movie-review

Old 07-31-2014, 08:48 PM   #25
RedSkull

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsquad View Post
RedSkull so...
Is the Shredder's main goal to mutate the world or make more mutagen or something like that? Are the turtles and Splinter mutated when April saves them? Thanks!

Shredder and Sachs' main goal is to use the mutagen to damage the city then hold it ransom and let Sachs "save" the city and become rich. It's a syndrome situation like The Incredibles. Shredder is the face of evil. Sachs is the face of false-righteousness.

The turtles and Splinter were already being injected with the mutagen before April saved them but it wasn't until they started to grow up in the sewers that the mutagen began to take effect.

Closed Thread