The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 01:34 PM   #676
matthancock
Newbie First Class

Default Re: The Man of Steel Merchandise Thread - Part 1

I just got my Movie Masters Superman inthe mail an hour ago. I bought it with the intent of customizing it or using the head and cape to make a more articulated MOS custom figure, but I gotta say, even the best of these pics posted don't convey how nearly perfect this figure is. My only SLIGHT nit is the length of the forearms. I don't even miss the ab crunch all that much. As for the five o'clock shadow on the face, mine has it slightly, but from lots of angles it doesn't even show. Also, the head in most pics looks to be a little pinhead-ish, but in person it's not.

Needless to say, I'm keeping this one as it is and I'll buy others to use the parts.

Now I really wanna get Zod and Jor-el. Hope they do a Jor-el in his robes

Old 05-03-2013, 08:35 PM   #677
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Holy crap I just went to my walmart is all they had all the MOS setupw 3 or 4 items left at items left at all! This movie haven't even come out yet.

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

Old 05-03-2013, 08:47 PM   #678
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
Holy crap I just went to my walmart is all they had all the MOS setupw 3 or 4 items left at items left at all! This movie haven't even come out yet.
Oh wow. I am thinking of going to my local WALMART tomorrow, and see if they set up anything MOS-related yet.

Old 05-03-2013, 09:15 PM   #679
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
Oh wow. I am thinking of going to my local WALMART tomorrow, and see if they set up anything MOS-related yet.
Seriously bro go now. lol They didn't even have any merch up more than 3 days ago. It's gone now.

Old 05-03-2013, 09:19 PM   #680
The Shield
It's really Happening!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shield View Post
Holy crap I just went to my walmart and they had all the MOS toys and collectibles setup but only like 3 or 4 items were all that's ! This movie hasn't even come out yet.
*Fixed! lol I was using my phone with that post.

Old 05-03-2013, 10:13 PM   #681
TheBatman
Newbie First Class

Will this be the official movie master thread for MOS similar to TDKR movie master thread? I'd like to keep up with all the info.

Old 05-03-2013, 11:21 PM   #682
Dispatch Ninja
Side-Kick

Just pre-ordered the soundtrack and the Man of Steel: Inside the Legendary World of Superman hardbook.

Old 05-04-2013, 01:43 AM   #683
zim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
How does something this cool of which I'm assuming is a Movie Master in it's early stage...

...end up looking like a Happy Meal toy?

Amen brother! Finally somebody else who had the same thought and made an identical post on another board. When i saw this preview figure, i was so filled with excitement and anticipation, i did not know how contain the joy and wait that long. it has been a long time since a toy excited me so much. Then we got the second pic. Same thing happened with both 6" and 3.75" preview pics before wow and after doh!. Even the packaged pics of zod with armor compared with the actual pic of the figure the guy in brazil bought is the same let down as of now. I just hope the china pics were of an early version.

So my thinking was that i would wait for some japanese company to offer something cool. square enix came out with their kai offering and i was like wow on zod but was not digging the superman as the face sculpt was off and the suit was missing the texture. All this time thinking these figures were 6-8". Then i discovered they were 10.8", which explains the high price. I also saw large detailed photos and the quality looked really bad. Both zod and superman had this swirly melted plastic pattern on the face. Maybe those were early photos who knows. So now i hope something comes long. This is a trilogy so who knows lots of merchandise opportunities i hope.

The TDKR figures were worthy of the movie master name, these are not. Yet i find it completely baffling that so many people on several boards think this is the greatest toy ever made and are so gushing over them that they are making mattel blush. I am even starting to think they are people paid by mattel to make such comments. Even my wife who hates my collecting thought these looked like happy meal toys and actually said that but thought the TDKR stuff was decent.

Old 05-04-2013, 08:05 AM   #684
BatsnCats
Side-Kick

You people that think these look like happy meal toys clearly haven't seen the 4" ones in person.. It's a mass RETAIL figure people. It's not Hot Toys or medicom. It's a $16 retail action figure... Gezze....

Old 05-04-2013, 11:27 AM   #685
dylan21484nj
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatsnCats View Post
You people that think these look like happy meal toys clearly haven't seen the 4" ones in person.. It's a mass RETAIL figure people. It's not Hot Toys or medicom. It's a $16 retail action figure... Gezze....
Yeah, what exactly were you expecting for that price point? That first pic seems to be a "finished prototype" pic. The figure used in that pic was probably endless toiled over by a designer until it looked perfect. The final products we get in stores are that design but put into many molds and probably by machine on a production line. Each one isn't painstakingly hand-crafted until it's a 100% precise match for the finished prototype.

I like the Movie Masters because they're more movie-accurate than most mass-produced action figures made from a film property, and they're not rinky-dink small, so they lend themselves to better detail. Granted, they're not 100% in the likeness all the time, but for 16 bucks, they're very good. If you want accuracy down to the pores and money isn't an issue, Hot Toys is your best option.

Last edited by dylan21484nj; 05-04-2013 at 11:43 AM.
Old 05-04-2013, 07:25 PM   #686
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis243 View Post
I have both the DCPI and UPC codes on my phone so I have them handy. Here they are by the way.

Target DCPI #
087-06-1514

Walmart UPC #'s
Superman 074677518917
Jor-El 074677518919
Zod 074677518920
Where in the world do you guys get the UPC codes? is this like available to the public? I mean I know the internet is very resourceful but damn!

Old 05-04-2013, 08:57 PM   #687
meck
Side-Kick

I broke down and pre ordered the ZOD armored MM, can no ttake the chance of not getting it, and will not have the time to go find it in June, I will be traveling.

Old 05-04-2013, 09:35 PM   #688
Bran-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by zim View Post
Even my wife who hates my collecting thought these looked like happy meal toys and actually said that but thought the TDKR stuff was decent.
That's why I'm holding out for the more realistic likeness:

Old 05-04-2013, 10:26 PM   #689
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

I found one movie master(Supes) on my way home from work last night from one of my local Walmarts. I wasn't planning getting the whole wave but finding that one movie master sparked the toy hunter in me lol I just need Zod and Jor-El

Old 05-04-2013, 11:16 PM   #690
BruceWanner
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by geetard View Post
Does anyone else think this looks like Adam Scott?

Old 05-04-2013, 11:20 PM   #691
BruceWanner
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
I GOTTA get the Kryptonian Command Key!!!!
You and me both.

Old 05-04-2013, 11:54 PM   #692
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceWanner View Post
You and me both.
I saw it and said...yup, coming home with me

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 05-05-2013, 12:19 AM   #693
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

Went to a Barnes & Noble and got me the four movie inspired children books which are:
- Superman's Superpowers
- Friends And Foes
- The Fate Of Krypton
- Superman Saves Smallville

Quote:
Originally Posted by zim View Post
Amen brother! Finally somebody else who had the same thought and made an identical post on another board.
I also frequent and posted the same thing on a Transformers forum.

Old 05-05-2013, 12:41 AM   #694
WoodyROM
Side-Kick

I've got superman saves smallville, and samples of the others (iphone), love the artwork in these!

I would like to buy either the fate of krypton or supermans superpowers, which would you recommend mace?

Last edited by WoodyROM; 05-05-2013 at 12:44 AM.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:20 AM   #695
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodyROM View Post
I've got superman saves smallville, and samples of the others (iphone), love the artwork in these!

I would like to buy either the fate of krypton or supermans superpowers, which would you recommend mace?
It's Superman need I say more? buy them all.

Old 05-05-2013, 02:25 AM   #696
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace Dolex View Post
Went to a Barnes & Noble and got me the four movie inspired children books which are:
- Superman's Superpowers
- Friends And Foes
- The Fate Of Krypton
- Superman Saves Smallville

I also frequent and posted the same thing on a Transformers forum.
you totally need to post any pics that are in the books

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 05-05-2013, 01:38 PM   #697
Simo
Side-Kick

Not my photos..

Old 05-05-2013, 03:45 PM   #698
mikey1974
Hit Paydirt With KDRT!

well,the good news:

my Wal-Mart FINALLY cleared the space and put up the planner sheet for the MOS stuff on thursday!

the bad news?

everything still empty as of today.

Old 05-05-2013, 03:51 PM   #699
Mace Dolex
Powerful User

Went to a Walmart today and they didn't have any MM's but I did get to see in person the 4 inch and Power Attack figures, for a 6 year old who isn't as nitpicky they're sure to get a kick out of them but as a collector they're pretty disappointing.

The Power Attack figs are just like those Batman figures in which you squeeze the legs to activate their feature, pretty lame they ones they had were Superman w/break away vault door, Superman w/spinning wheel , and Zod with flinging Popsicle I-beams.

Also of note the accessories are attached to their hands as a matter of face upon closer inspection the Superman w/break away vault door is connected to his stump, he doesn't even have hands.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
you totally need to post any pics that are in the books
Sorry I'm not that tech savvy, I don't have a scanner and have no idea how to upload pics from my phone.

Old 05-05-2013, 04:40 PM   #700
edwardshiro
Super Edward

Are new Movie Masters figures? Where did you find?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo View Post
Not my photos..

Closed Thread