The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Films

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 08:09 PM   #876
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

Default Re: C. Nolan's Interstellar - Part 1

So Nolan is filming in Canada....and he's most likely doing it on the opposite end of the country from me. Talk about teasing.

Old 05-08-2013, 08:17 PM   #877
Gold Samurai
Side-Kick

I don't know why but the blonde hair goes well with a scifi adventure. It reminds me of Charlize Theron

A super clean ship and blonde hair somehow go together

Old 05-08-2013, 08:36 PM   #878
Fenrir
Devourer Of Gods

I hope this film will be the one to revive the "thinking man's sci-fi" genre that was defined by the likes of 2001 and Blade Runner - movies that were as much about ideas as they were about the spectacle. Recent attempts such as Moon, Looper and Source Code were commendable efforts, but they simply weren't ambitious or cerebral enough. Minority Report is the only one that comes to mind which came close, but was too limited in its scale and scope.

I hope Interstellar is successful enough in this regard to knock some sense into Ridley Scott to get his ass out of the burning building that is the Prometheus/Alien franchise and start working on The Forever War already. There are more than enough Avatars, Star Wars and Star Treks out there right now to cater to our inner-action junkies, but every once in a while we crave a higher form of stimulation and we shouldn't have to dig up films from a couple of decades ago to scratch that itch.

Old 05-08-2013, 11:07 PM   #879
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold Samurai View Post
I don't know why but the blonde hair goes well with a scifi adventure. It reminds me of Charlize Theron.

A super clean ship and blonde hair somehow go together
I agree. Thatís why I thought this look was originally for the movie. Bleached hair gives off that futuristic, master race vibe.

And also agreed with the above points, Fenrir. Iím hoping for something psychological. In terms of the plot but also how the characters interact with each other.

Just as 2001: A Space Odyssey is set in space but isnít a wiz-bang laser gun romp. Interstellar can have that stuff, certainly. Nolan movies have a good balance of action and story, so I think weíll be safe in that regard.

Let filming commence.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 05-08-2013, 11:48 PM   #880
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Anne looks damn good as a blonde.

ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Old 05-09-2013, 01:34 AM   #881
dark_b
Side-Kick

lets hope this will not be an action movie. Cuaron's Gravity is super mega expensive and it will have only tense scenes with danger and two actors.

i hope its all about acting and complex story.

Old 05-09-2013, 01:52 AM   #882
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
i hope its all about acting and complex story.
My wish is for a healthy dose of this too. For the actors to show what they're made of. It all starts with the script.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 05-09-2013, 06:47 AM   #883
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
I agree. Thatís why I thought this look was originally for the movie. Bleached hair gives off that futuristic, master race vibe.

And also agreed with the above points, Fenrir. Iím hoping for something psychological. In terms of the plot but also how the characters interact with each other.

Just as 2001: A Space Odyssey is set in space but isnít a wiz-bang laser gun romp. Interstellar can have that stuff, certainly. Nolan movies have a good balance of action and story, so I think weíll be safe in that regard.

Let filming commence.
Definitely. Or an alien character like in Species. If Nolan doesn't keep her in blonde for this movie, someone needs to churn out a sci-fi movie script for Anne inspired purely by this bleached look she's wearing.

Old 05-09-2013, 07:04 AM   #884
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

The Species idea lends itself to fan-fiction.

Anne's new hair continues to dazzle. This time at the Tate Americas event.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 05-09-2013, 07:38 AM   #885
dark_b
Side-Kick

way to skinny. no shapes of muscles.good that she knows how to act.

Last edited by dark_b; 05-09-2013 at 07:44 AM.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:46 AM   #886
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:

Beautiful. Although I will say I do like it when it's sculpted up a bit more like at the Met gala. Still amazing regardless.

Let me also say that Anne has the best taste in fashion of any actress currently in the scene by far.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 05-09-2013, 07:51 AM   #887
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir View Post
I hope this film will be the one to revive the "thinking man's sci-fi" genre that was defined by the likes of 2001 and Blade Runner - movies that were as much about ideas as they were about the spectacle. Recent attempts such as Moon, Looper and Source Code were commendable efforts, but they simply weren't ambitious or cerebral enough. Minority Report is the only one that comes to mind which came close, but was too limited in its scale and scope.
Needless to say, Nolan is a master at combining intelligence with spectacle. And when entrusted with a big budget, he seems conscientious about delivering the expected genre action and thrills. So I doubt that Interstellar will have the same ďartyĒ quality as Aronofskyís The Fountain or Soderberghís remake of Solaris. Now, Iím assuming that Interstellar will have a big budget. If itís more modest, perhaps Nolan will get a bit more experimental.

Old 05-09-2013, 08:23 AM   #888
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
Beautiful. Although I will say I do like it when it's sculpted up a bit more like at the Met gala. Still amazing regardless.

Let me also say that Anne has the best taste in fashion of any actress currently in the scene by far.
I don't think she'd wear it "sculpted up" like that every day though.That would require gel in her hair, which I'm sure she wouldn't want to have for everyday use but would prefer for it to feel more natural and less stiff.

And Anne looks hot in those other pics at the stable with the horse. I particularly like the last pic in front of that Dior wall.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:23 AM   #889
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Anne is looking so hot right now and she has had the hair more than a day, despite everyone saying she would only keep it for a day.

I like brunette hair better than blond so I'm surprised I'm obsessed with the blond so much. Emily Blunt's hair is blond and it doesn't look great but Anne's does.

Let her keep it for the movie Nolan, not every character has to rock dark hair. As if he is going to read my post.

Old 05-09-2013, 10:31 AM   #890
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Anne is looking so hot right now and she has had the hair more than a day, despite everyone saying she would only keep it for a day.

I like brunette hair better than blond so I'm surprised I'm obsessed with the blond so much. Emily Blunt's hair is blond and it doesn't look great but Anne's does.

Let her keep it for the movie Nolan, not every character has to rock dark hair. As if he is going to read my post.
He could be any one of us...

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Old 05-09-2013, 12:37 PM   #891
bapi
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post

Blonde Emily Blunt is ****ing hot!!!

Heath Ledger, 1979-2008
Old 05-09-2013, 06:56 PM   #892
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

I was thinking, I suppose if the worlds of Interstellar and Inception collided, it'd be called Interception?

Old 05-09-2013, 07:06 PM   #893
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

Quote:
I was thinking, I suppose if the worlds of Interstellar and Inception collided, it'd be called Interception?
No, you see, Interstellar is building to something even bigger than Interception. Interception is just the next chapter. After that, Matthew will cross over to The Prestige's world, Nolanverse Batman Universe, Memento's world, Following's world and Insomnia's world and this will become Nolan's final film: The Prestige Knight with Insomnia Following Interstellar Inception Begins Rising.

Old 05-09-2013, 07:06 PM   #894
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Someone needs to Tweet Nolan and tell him that Anne's new blonde hairstyle isn't just stellar, it's interstellar! Hopefully he'll get the hint.

Old 05-09-2013, 07:16 PM   #895
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Someone needs to Tweet Nolan and tell him that Anne's new blonde hairstyle isn't just stellar, it's interstellar! Hopefully he'll get the hint.
Looks like Nolan hasn't visited his twitter account since April 2011. This is the first viral marketing campaign/challenge for the movie before its even begun shooting. Get the word out. Get #Annestellar #keeptheblonde trending.

Last edited by AnneFan; 05-09-2013 at 07:26 PM.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:36 PM   #896
James.B
Nothing to see here.

Quote:
Looks like Nolan hasn't visited his twitter account since April 2011. This is the first viral marketing campaign/challenge for the movie before its even begun shooting. Get the word out. Get #Annestellar #keeptheblonde trending.
Nolan never had a twitter, he doesn't even own a phone.

Old 05-09-2013, 07:38 PM   #897
Octoberist
point blank

Quote:

She looks good!

Old 05-09-2013, 07:47 PM   #898
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by James.B View Post
Nolan never had a twitter, he doesn't even own a phone.
Ah, I have been fooled.

Old 05-09-2013, 07:56 PM   #899
Gold Samurai
Side-Kick

Quote:

Sorry a bit TOO pale than what i'm used to and not to mention the Joker looking smile

I like this one

Old 05-09-2013, 09:08 PM   #900
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bapi View Post
Blonde Emily Blunt is ****ing hot!!!
It doesn't look as bad as it used to but it's still meh.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Closed Thread