The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Films

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2013, 03:39 AM   #76
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: C. Nolan's Interstellar - Part 1

I know this is mentioned all the time but it's still amazing to me what he was able to do in 4 months. It's unreal.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 03-31-2013, 03:43 AM   #77
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Bold choice by Nolan. I'm not the biggest Matthew supporter but he's no pushover. I know that for damn sure. I loved him in films like A Time to Kill, Lincoln Lawyer, Tropic Thunder, Two for the Money and Reign of Fire.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 03-31-2013, 03:43 AM   #78
Project862006
Banned User

i have killer joe i still need to watch that

Old 03-31-2013, 03:43 AM   #79
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
I know this is mentioned all the time but it's still amazing to me what he was able to do in 4 months. It's unreal.

Going from Holocaust survivor to MMA fighter in four months? Yeah, I'd say that's pretty impressive...

H.E.(R?)
Old 03-31-2013, 05:34 AM   #80
dark_b
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post

we still think that he didnt use any steroids? actors are not competing in sports. they can take steroids and HT and its OK. its impossible for a human on this planet to gain so much muscle mass in 4 months. even with muscle memory. not possible without gear.
what was amazing was how he lost the weight for Mechanist. how he lost the weight and survived.

Old 03-31-2013, 06:46 AM   #81
jacobed
Banned User

Well he actually got too fat. He's far more fat than muscule in Batman Begins. I'm sure he had some sort of supplement to go with his nonstop diet of eating and lifting

Old 03-31-2013, 07:15 AM   #82
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
we still think that he didnt use any steroids? actors are not competing in sports. they can take steroids and HT and its OK. its impossible for a human on this planet to gain so much muscle mass in 4 months. even with muscle memory. not possible without gear.
what was amazing was how he lost the weight for Mechanist. how he lost the weight and survived.
Gear or no gear it's still impressive. Steroids and HGH or any other PED's aren't this magical elixir that make you muscle bound in a day. You need to put in as much work if not more so than a natural to get proper results.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 03-31-2013, 07:29 AM   #83
dark_b
Side-Kick

it was hard work the first 2 months. he said he couldnt do one push-up

Old 03-31-2013, 09:48 AM   #84
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

I'm sure Bale put in the work but he obviously used some kind of supplement or something. He's not literally Batman.

......>_>

Old 03-31-2013, 11:17 AM   #85
Maximus One
Oddball

I've always wondered how some actors do stuff like that without dropping dead from strokes or heart attacks. For a normal person to lose weight like that it takes months of not eating and developing a meth addiction risking possible death. I just do not get how some actors are able to do that ****

Old 03-31-2013, 11:35 AM   #86
Carnotaur3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklypze View Post
I've always wondered how some actors do stuff like that without dropping dead from strokes or heart attacks. For a normal person to lose weight like that it takes months of not eating and developing a meth addiction risking possible death. I just do not get how some actors are able to do that ****
Commitment.

http://www.vimeo.com/13170472
Old 03-31-2013, 12:31 PM   #87
Maximus One
Oddball

I'm not sure that was point. I understand that aspect of it. I don't understand how their body physically can handle it. Weight fluctuations like that are extremely hard on your body.

Old 03-31-2013, 12:58 PM   #88
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eklypze View Post
I'm not sure that was point. I understand that aspect of it. I don't understand how their body physically can handle it. Weight fluctuations like that are extremely hard on your body.
And weight fluctuations like that can be pretty dangerous as well.

Old 03-31-2013, 01:00 PM   #89
theShape
Creature of Darkness

Obviously, I'm super pumped for this film, as pumped as the next guy. However, after TDK Trilogy, I would have liked to see Nolan go...smaller for his next film.

After he's done with Interstellar, I'd love to see Nolan tackle a film that doesn't have a massive budget or mind-bending special effects.

Old 03-31-2013, 01:18 PM   #90
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

iirc he actually put on too much weight before Begins and couldn't fit into the suit. He had to crash diet again and drop some it right before filming. Also I believe he said he'd never do it that fast again as his health suffered noticeably.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 03-31-2013, 03:38 PM   #91
Doctor Jones
Known as Strider

Quote:
Originally Posted by theShape View Post
Obviously, I'm super pumped for this film, as pumped as the next guy. However, after TDK Trilogy, I would have liked to see Nolan go...smaller for his next film.

After he's done with Interstellar, I'd love to see Nolan tackle a film that doesn't have a massive budget or mind-bending special effects.
Or sci fi period. That's why before McConaughey attached I wasn't very interested. He already did sci fi with Inception, please move onto something else. Especially since Nolan seems to be capable of doing other genres, which we've seen hints of in his past films. Namely horror. That was something I'd rather see than this.

Old 03-31-2013, 03:43 PM   #92
terry78

Well, people expect cerebral or pseudo-cerebreal from him, and that is what most sci-fi is. So, yeah. Everything he's done has had a twinge of sci-fi to it.

Old 03-31-2013, 03:43 PM   #93
Solidus
The Force Awakens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Jones View Post
Or sci fi period. That's why before McConaughey attached I wasn't very interested. He already did sci fi with Inception, please move onto something else. Especially since Nolan seems to be capable of doing other genres, which we've seen hints of in his past films. Namely horror. That was something I'd rather see than this.
Inception was more contemporary sci-fi. I am more excited for Interstellar then some of his previous films due tot he fact this will be "pure space sci-fi" All of his films has limited him to Earth/crime in some way or another. To see him take off into 2001 genre/category is unlike anything he has ever done. Doing horror would...maybe be interesting but would still be in line with what Nolan has done in the past.

I think going into Kip Thorne's mind and into what Spielberg called was going to be his 2001 is something radically different then anything Nolan has done before.

"If you don’t care about the characters, nothing matters. No space ship, no explosion, no anything is important if you don’t feel something for the people involved."J.J. Abrams (2/5/13)
Old 03-31-2013, 03:50 PM   #94
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

Nolan is one of a handful of director's I look forward to seeing new projects from regardless of genre.

Old 03-31-2013, 03:54 PM   #95
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Quote:
Someone needs to make me a side-eye gif for this occasion.

H.E.(R?)
Old 03-31-2013, 05:43 PM   #96
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
WHY????

If anything, there were a good portion of Nolan's fans hoping he'd go back to the Sci-Fi genre right away.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 03-31-2013, 06:22 PM   #97
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Inception is one of my favorite films ever, I'm am giddy as hell that he is back doing sci fi.

I only truely loved one of his Batman movies (Duh, the second one) so I am so happy he is done with that franchise. I want Nolan to do a million big sci fi projects.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 03-31-2013, 06:23 PM   #98
terry78

If you love him so much why don't you marry him?

Old 03-31-2013, 06:30 PM   #99
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

For me: Each of Nolan's Batman movies > Inception

Though I really dig Inception too, I just love TDKT so much.

Stoked for Interstellar, at this point my most anticipated for 2014 (along with DOFP).

Old 03-31-2013, 06:37 PM   #100
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

Personally, my Nolan favourites go:

The Dark Knight=The Dark Knight Rises>Memento>Inception>The Prestige>Batman Begins>Following>Insomnia

So glad he's doing sci fi though, especially if Spielberg called it his 2001. I really think this is going to be something special.

Closed Thread