Old 04-04-2013, 07:53 PM   #76
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

Default Re: Jurassic Park IV - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzle View Post
They announced it already. The new dinosaur is:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

"If we are all united, we can take back our lives. While they stand divided, we can fight them and their laws. If we get up off our knees, we can show them that we are people. We can take back this "free" country! - Anti-Flag
Old 04-04-2013, 09:38 PM   #77
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
While I understand the third act was stapled on for the chase/blockbuster cheese value, I find the chase to recover Arby in the High-Hide's cage from the raptors more exciting than the San Diego sequence. Each time I read it, I think, "Why couldn't they have done that, instead of the T-rex rampage in San Diego?"
Why couldn't they just make the novel, and change some things (though some Major plot points like the first movie) for a cohesive story?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSovereignty View Post
Stoic. Monkey.

There is. No. Pepe Silvia.
Old 04-04-2013, 10:08 PM   #78
DarkKnight88
Side-Kick

Problem was that the second book was never really that great. And I guess Spielberg knew half-way through that the film was basically just a retread of the first film so to make it different, he had the T-Rex attack the city. He probably also knew it would be the only time he would get to film a "Godzilla" sequence like that.

Anyway, now is the time to incorporate all the good ideas from the first two books that were never used for time or budget and put them in this fourth film.

Old 04-04-2013, 10:09 PM   #79
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

For a sequel that was never planned to be written in the first place, it was pretty great. The fact that Speilberg begged Chrichton to make a secondary novel, then abandon 99% of it is insulting and upsetting.

Old 04-04-2013, 10:11 PM   #80
DarkKnight88
Side-Kick

I think Crichton knew how much money was to be made to write a sequel (so did Spielberg with a movie). I don't think he cared one way or the other as long as he was paid.

Old 04-04-2013, 10:22 PM   #81
Doc Ock
10 years ago...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bim View Post

I hear that kind hates overhyped bounty hunters
That better not mean Bossk. He's the perfect kind of Trandoshan dinosaur to be revealed in JPIV!

Old 04-05-2013, 01:12 AM   #82
chaseter
Bland User

Giganotosaurus or Carcharodontosaurus? I believe they are the biggest carnivores ever with Spino.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
Old 04-05-2013, 02:08 AM   #83
Symbiotic
Let's go catch a Spider

Hey guys, settle something for me. Did Goldblum actually film scenes for JP3, only to drop out after a leg injury?

Old 04-05-2013, 02:35 AM   #84
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

He never filmed anything. However, tons of deleted scenes exist for the movie, and if added back in, would have made it much better.

Old 04-05-2013, 03:18 AM   #85
TheDreamMaster
Pain is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
He never filmed anything. However, tons of deleted scenes exist for the movie, and if added back in, would have made it much better.
Have they ever been released? I'd love to see how they'd have made the film better.

H.E.
Old 04-05-2013, 03:47 AM   #86
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

Nope, they haven't. There's a list on all the JP deleted scenes, but the only ones we've gotten is the two in TLW's dvd release. Nothing for the first, nor the complete amount of deleted footage for TLW, nor JP3.

http://jurassicpark.wikia.com/wiki/J...Deleted_Scenes

Old 04-05-2013, 02:14 PM   #87
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
For a sequel that was never planned to be written in the first place, it was pretty great. The fact that Speilberg begged Chrichton to make a secondary novel, then abandon 99% of it is insulting and upsetting.
it really was

the book was excellent but the movie was a POS. Spielberg really screwed that one up BIG time.

Old 04-05-2013, 02:29 PM   #88
Spider-Fan
Puppet tangled in strings
SHH! Global Moderator

Agreed on The Lost World movie being crap. Book was 100% better. But, I still love the first movie now as much as ever. Gladly went to the re-release last night

Old 04-05-2013, 02:55 PM   #89
jacobed
Banned User

As did i. It was phenomenal

Old 04-05-2013, 03:28 PM   #90
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
I loved The Lost World when I first saw it as a kid. Now I just like it. I liked Jurassic Park III up until the T-Rex got killed.
The thought of a Spinosaurus, or, any carnivorous dinosaur killing a Tyrannosaurus one on one is just laughable. It was the most evolved killing machine. That fight shoulda been over when the rex had the spinosaurus' neck in it's mouth. It would have crushed it's neck.

But apparently the fragile boned Spinosaurus can over power the jaws of a pissed off tyrannosaurus. It was a juvenile, but still, it is big enough to crush basically any animal it gets in it's mouth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvolo View Post
Considering we will never know the majority of dinosaurs that lived due to lack of fossil remains we can make speculations about what mnight have existed. This new dinosaur could be an original creation. A speculation someone thought up. It doesn't need to be something we have a fossil record of. Besides the dinosaurs in this franchise are all BS anyways. Yeah, there were T-Rex and Raptors etc but they were nothing like the ones portrayed in this franchise. So if I had to make a guess this new terrifying dinosaur won't be one from our childhood fantasies.

yeah, the T Rex's vision was NOT based on movement. Infact, it's ironic, because Tyrannosaurus Rex was the only carnivorous dinosaur (i believe) that had binocular vision. It's eyes faced forward, opposed to on the side of it's head. So it wouldn't have to walk side to side to look at something. It could perceive depth.

and the raptors weren't that thick. Those weren't velociraptors. Velociraptors are the size of turkeys. The raptors in the movie were based off the Dromaeosaur, Deinonychus.

Old 04-05-2013, 03:32 PM   #91
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
Giganotosaurus or Carcharodontosaurus? I believe they are the biggest carnivores ever with Spino.

It's tough to say. Recently, a bone of a tyrannosaurus was found that was 10% large than the respective bone on the t rex "Sue" which scaling it up, would make this new T Rex around 50 feet long. Making it just as long as Giganotosaurus, and Charcharodontosaurus. Recent studies show that the rex was meatier than thought, with average adults weighing up to 9 tons.

It very well is again, one of the two or 3 largest carnivorous dinosaurus ever. Pound for pound, it's size isn't rivaled.

Tyrannosaurus Rex will always be recognized as the top predatory dinosaur. it's not even close

Old 04-05-2013, 03:36 PM   #92
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
They announced it already. The new dinosaur is:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDreamMaster View Post
This time, it isn't the dinosaurs you have to fear. Its the Cage.
That was clever.

Old 04-05-2013, 05:04 PM   #93
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post

That was clever.
poor nicholas cage lol

Old 04-05-2013, 05:35 PM   #94
TheDreamMaster
Pain is Power

So Im too lazy to search for the appropriate thread, but I caught JP3D today. In 3D, it really wasn't much different, but I admit it is quite amazing to see 20 year old CGI still looking so good. I know there are a lot of practical effects, but being a fan I know all the CGI stuff and it still holds up do well. Took my daughter with me, and was a nice full circle experience as JP was the first film I remember seeing in a theater.

Old 04-05-2013, 06:41 PM   #95
jacobed
Banned User

Yeah I liked the 3d. You could there was depth but it wasn't headache inducing or anything. I went with my girlfriend who had never seen the movie before. Haha she was scared throughout the whole thing

Old 04-05-2013, 07:43 PM   #96
Drizzle
Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto

I caught it in IMAX. The 3D wasn't even that great, but it was still an awesome experience because it was my first time seeing it in a theater, and on a screen that's larger than 47 inches. Let me tell you, if you can, see it in IMAX. It's the way to go. It was like seeing it for the first time again. Everything is larger than life and the sound was INCREDIBLE. The 3D was subpar, but the standout scenes were the first Brachiosaur scene when they get to the island, the Tyrannosaur attack, the Dilophosaurus scene, and Ellie's encounter with the Velociraptor. Another thing I noticed was that the movie was significantly darker in certain scenes, like the T-Rex attack and the kitchen scene.

Old 04-05-2013, 08:48 PM   #97
jacobed
Banned User

thats because of the 3d though isnt it.

Old 04-05-2013, 08:56 PM   #98
Drizzle
Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobed View Post
thats because of the 3d though isnt it.
The darker picture? I lifted my glasses up for a few seconds during the kitchen scene and it still looked darker.

Old 04-05-2013, 11:18 PM   #99
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
The thought of a Spinosaurus, or, any carnivorous dinosaur killing a Tyrannosaurus one on one is just laughable. It was the most evolved killing machine. That fight shoulda been over when the rex had the spinosaurus' neck in it's mouth. It would have crushed it's neck.

But apparently the fragile boned Spinosaurus can over power the jaws of a pissed off tyrannosaurus. It was a juvenile, but still, it is big enough to crush basically any animal it gets in it's mouth.

yeah, the T Rex's vision was NOT based on movement. Infact, it's ironic, because Tyrannosaurus Rex was the only carnivorous dinosaur (i believe) that had binocular vision. It's eyes faced forward, opposed to on the side of it's head. So it wouldn't have to walk side to side to look at something. It could perceive depth.

and the raptors weren't that thick. Those weren't velociraptors. Velociraptors are the size of turkeys. The raptors in the movie were based off the Dromaeosaur, Deinonychus.
Plenty of carnivorous dinosaurs had binocular vision (like carnivors of today, binocular vision was an important trait). The Rex DID appear to have some of the most developed eye sight of meat eaters though. That, plus some of the most highly developed senses of smell, and strongest bite force of any known animal nearly 13,000 pounds of force)...we don't need a new dinosaur, we just need the Rex to be treated accurately on film (JP3, I'm lookin at you).

Last edited by Spider-Who?; 04-05-2013 at 11:34 PM.
Old 04-06-2013, 02:10 AM   #100
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Caught it in imax and it was just as great as ever. Loved it all over again. The 3D was as i suspected but the imax made it all the more worthwhile

Closed Thread