The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Films

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 03:33 AM   #101
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

Default Re: Jurassic Park IV - Part 2

Yup, I saw it in imax, and man...I always get the best experiences in imax. People laughed, gasped, cheered...it was just great.

Raimi or not, it's absolutely hilarious how much Sony realizes they screwed the pooch.
Old 04-06-2013, 04:17 AM   #102
TheDreamMaster
Pain is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzle View Post
The darker picture? I lifted my glasses up for a few seconds during the kitchen scene and it still looked darker.
Glasses aside, I never noticed a darker picture. Everything seemed just as I remembered.

H.E.
Old 04-06-2013, 04:43 AM   #103
ravn0s
Side-Kick

anyone notice if they touched up any of the CGI?

Old 04-06-2013, 10:43 AM   #104
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

I don't think they did personally

Also i noticed some things that weren't clearly answered in the film

1) what was actually making the triceratops sick if it wasn't the west Indian lilac? And was the bracheosourus with a cold having the same illness?

2) it wasn't really unanswered as much as it was something untouched. I didn't realize the dinos were all given enzymes regularly to stay alive. Shutting those off kills them all?

Would that mean all those on the park's island inevitably died of this? And did the aforementioned illness have anything to do with it? Or could the illness be tied into the "female turning male" ?

Last edited by spideyboy_1111; 04-06-2013 at 10:49 AM.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:16 AM   #105
TheDreamMaster
Pain is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post

1) what was actually making the triceratops sick if it wasn't the west Indian lilac? And was the bracheosourus with a cold having the same illness?

2) it wasn't really unanswered as much as it was something untouched. I didn't realize the dinos were all given enzymes regularly to stay alive. Shutting those off kills them all?

Would that mean all those on the park's island inevitably died of this? And did the aforementioned illness have anything to do with it? Or could the illness be tied into the "female turning male" ?
1) No, don't think it was ever answered, but funny, I didn't make a connection between the Brach and the Trike.

2) Technically, it would. However, in the second film they say those on Site B have been thriving off of foods that help produce the enzyme, and then the predators were eating the herbivores and, essentially life found a way. It really can't be said if this happened to the first island or not. The park itself never really gets brought up again, I just sort of imagine that eventually breeding on the islands removed the defect on its own. I mean JP3 expects us to assume the raptors eventually started gaining feathers at some point.

H.E.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:32 AM   #106
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
The thought of a Spinosaurus, or, any carnivorous dinosaur killing a Tyrannosaurus one on one is just laughable. It was the most evolved killing machine. That fight shoulda been over when the rex had the spinosaurus' neck in it's mouth. It would have crushed it's neck.

But apparently the fragile boned Spinosaurus can over power the jaws of a pissed off tyrannosaurus. It was a juvenile, but still, it is big enough to crush basically any animal it gets in it's mouth.

yeah, the T Rex's vision was NOT based on movement. Infact, it's ironic, because Tyrannosaurus Rex was the only carnivorous dinosaur (i believe) that had binocular vision. It's eyes faced forward, opposed to on the side of it's head. So it wouldn't have to walk side to side to look at something. It could perceive depth.

and the raptors weren't that thick. Those weren't velociraptors. Velociraptors are the size of turkeys. The raptors in the movie were based off the Dromaeosaur, Deinonychus.
Looks like someone wants to be or is a Paleontologist.

But seriously though deadly, I strangely found the velociraptor adorable. I don't know why.

Old 04-06-2013, 11:59 AM   #107
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Because so many of today's actors look like them?

Old 04-06-2013, 12:24 PM   #108
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDreamMaster View Post
1) No, don't think it was ever answered, but funny, I didn't make a connection between the Brach and the Trike.

2) Technically, it would. However, in the second film they say those on Site B have been thriving off of foods that help produce the enzyme, and then the predators were eating the herbivores and, essentially life found a way. It really can't be said if this happened to the first island or not. The park itself never really gets brought up again, I just sort of imagine that eventually breeding on the islands removed the defect on its own. I mean JP3 expects us to assume the raptors eventually started gaining feathers at some point.
well, there's always the fact that breeding could cause the enzyme problem to go away too.. the genetic originals can't produce them, but maybe their offspring can?

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 04-06-2013, 01:43 PM   #109
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!

Quote:

I don't recall them NOT answering the sick trike in the film, but in the book, the Dino swallows gizzard stones to help in digestion. In doing so, the Dino happened to swallow West Indian lilac seeds, getting her sick. The brachiosaurus was sick because the dinosaurs' immune systems weren't evolved enough to handle the germs of modern day. The book goes into more detail about how modern day germs affected the dinosaurs.

Yes, without the dinosaurs being given the lyzene enzyme, they would "slip into a coma and die" as Arnold says. Though the island is destroyed by the Cuban government in the book, so the dinosaurs didn't die from the lyzene.

On Site B, the dinosaurs survived because the herbovores get the lyzene from their naturally occurring food source (as opposed to a controlled environment/diet on the original island. The carnivores then get it from their prey.

Last edited by Spider-Who?; 04-06-2013 at 01:48 PM.
Old 04-06-2013, 02:10 PM   #110
jacobed
Banned User

In the second movie, don't they mention that the park was destroyed by a hurricane

Old 04-06-2013, 02:20 PM   #111
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Who? View Post
I don't recall them NOT answering the sick trike in the film, but in the book, the Dino swallows gizzard stones to help in digestion. In doing so, the Dino happened to swallow West Indian lilac seeds, getting her sick. The brachiosaurus was sick because the dinosaurs' immune systems weren't evolved enough to handle the germs of modern day. The book goes into more detail about how modern day germs affected the dinosaurs.

Yes, without the dinosaurs being given the lyzene enzyme, they would "slip into a coma and die" as Arnold says. Though the island is destroyed by the Cuban government in the book, so the dinosaurs didn't die from the lyzene.

On Site B, the dinosaurs survived because the herbovores get the lyzene from their naturally occurring food source (as opposed to a controlled environment/diet on the original island. The carnivores then get it from their prey.
unfortunately the book differs greatly from the movies, so the book isn't really answering much considering Ellie states in the film it wasn't the lillac, after looking in the poo, she couldn't find any trace of it.

[=]
Old 04-06-2013, 02:25 PM   #112
Rez
Side-Kick

There was a deleted scene of Harding and Ellie figuring out the true reason behind the sickness of the Trike. I don't remember what the reason was, if it was filmed or just scripted, but various JP fansites have talked about it and answered it. It was supposed to lead into them hopping into the jeep and heading back when the storm was getting really bad IIRC.

A-Hunter Rider-V

Old 04-06-2013, 02:39 PM   #113
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rez View Post
There was a deleted scene of Harding and Ellie figuring out the true reason behind the sickness of the Trike. I don't remember what the reason was, if it was filmed or just scripted, but various JP fansites have talked about it and answered it. It was supposed to lead into them hopping into the jeep and heading back when the storm was getting really bad IIRC.
I was just thinking, that the sickness... along with the enzymes could make an interesting plot point in JP4

also... another thing i never noticed was that as a kid, i always thought it was the storm that knocked out the power to the fences... until i saw it last night actually...

the toy command center even said "tropical storm, moving in" and the new Park Builder always has a challenge when the storm comes in where the animals break free. When in the film, it was really was just all "Newman"

it was neat to pick up on stuff i never noticed.

[=]
Old 04-06-2013, 02:57 PM   #114
Spider-Who?
ERMERGERD!

Quote:
unfortunately the book differs greatly from the movies, so the book isn't really answering much considering Ellie states in the film it wasn't the lillac, after looking in the poo, she couldn't find any trace of it.
It's the same situation in the book (though it's a stegosaur, not a triceratops). They don't find any lilac in the dung because the dinosaur isn't actually digesting the plant - it's only swallowing the seeds with the gizzard stones. It then regurgitates the gizzard stones and seeds, and continues on it's migration around its paddock until it returns a few weeks later and starts the cycle over again (remember the vet says it only gets sick every few weeks).

The movie might not out and out state the answer (it's been a while since I've seen it, so I can't remember), but the details/clues of the book are there in the film.

I'm hopefully catching the film on Sunday. What are everyone's thoughts on the 3D? Is the conversion any good? Is it worth seeing in Lie-MAX?

Old 04-06-2013, 03:01 PM   #115
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
It's the same situation in the book (though it's a stegosaur, not a triceratops). They don't find any lilac in the dung because the dinosaur isn't actually digesting the plant - it's only swallowing the seeds with the gizzard stones. It then regurgitates the gizzard stones and seeds, and continues on it's migration around its paddock until it returns a few weeks later and starts the cycle over again (remember the vet says it only gets sick every few weeks).

The movie might not out and out state the answer (it's been a while since I've seen it, so I can't remember), but the details/clues of the book are there in the film.

I'm hopefully catching the film on Sunday. What are everyone's thoughts on the 3D? Is the conversion any good? Is it worth seeing in Lie-MAX?
its your basic 2D to 3D conversion. dated films will never look as good in 3D as newer

i'd see it in IMAX it's much more worth while there

[=]
Old 04-06-2013, 04:30 PM   #116
Drizzle
Yo Soy Groot.

Quote:
The 3D isn't that great, but the IMAX presentation is worth it for the sound alone. In fact, I'm tempted to see it again while it's still in theaters.

Old 04-06-2013, 08:10 PM   #117
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rez View Post
It's quite annoying that the deleted scenes haven't been released, for any films sans JP2, and that wasn't even all of them. However, it doesn't fix the T-Rex paddock situation.

Raimi or not, it's absolutely hilarious how much Sony realizes they screwed the pooch.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:35 PM   #118
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Back from seeing the film, and I have to say, the 3D is impressive. I try to avoid 3d films, especially the post converted ones, but, JP was one of the best viewing experiences I had with the format.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
Old 04-07-2013, 12:00 AM   #119
TheDreamMaster
Pain is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
It's quite annoying that the deleted scenes haven't been released, for any films sans JP2, and that wasn't even all of them. However, it doesn't fix the T-Rex paddock situation.
Ugh, that really does feel like one of the largest movie plotholes of all time. All they needed was to find a way to show him push the car to the opposing side (which I don't think had electric fencing) or something. It really does make no sense. Wonder what anyone was thinking when it came to editing and such.

H.E.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:04 AM   #120
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

Looking back on the viewing, I cannot help but shake the feeling that they trimmed Muldoon's death scene.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Old 04-07-2013, 12:05 AM   #121
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobed View Post
In the second movie, don't they mention that the park was destroyed by a hurricane
There's a deleted scene that mentions deconstructing Isla Nublar facilities, killing escaped dinosaurs and paying out families of the deceased.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - Alice 2
Old 04-07-2013, 12:06 AM   #122
chaseter
Bland User

Spielberg famously knew it was a plot hole and then said that audiences wouldn't care.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:21 AM   #123
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

I wish he had kept in the scene of Roland Tembo kicking a** at the bar.

Quote:
Old 04-07-2013, 12:26 AM   #124
TheDreamMaster
Pain is Power

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
I wish he had kept in the scene of Roland Tembo kicking a** at the bar.
They showed that on TV once with the released eleted scenes edited back into the film. It was really cool.

And Speilberg didn't care about the Rex plothole? I want to say its lazy, but it really is true, it has never affected my viewing, it just bothers me a lot when I get to thinking about it.

H.E.
Old 04-07-2013, 12:34 AM   #125
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

For me, one of the more irritating plotholes (and continuity/prop errors) is the cause of the crash of the Venture in San Diego. I read somewhere it was a deleted scene. Note, it would be a sequence based on a deleted plotline from the novel of Jurassic Park - the raptors on the S.S. Anne, heading to mainland-but, no clarification is given, giving the the implication that the rex got inside the bridge of the ship.

Quote:
Closed Thread