The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

View Poll Results: Who Will Win the 2012-13 NBA Championship?
Atlanta Hawks 0 0%
Boston Celtics 1 4.00%
Brooklyn Nets 0 0%
Chicago Bulls 0 0%
Denver Nuggets 0 0%
Golden State Warriors 0 0%
Houston Rockets 0 0%
Indiana Pacers 0 0%
Los Angeles Clippers 2 8.00%
Los Angeles Lakers 0 0%
Memphis Grizzlies 0 0%
Miami Heat 17 68.00%
Milwaukee Bucks 0 0%
New York Knicks 4 16.00%
Oklahoma City Thunder 0 0%
San Antonio Spurs 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 06:17 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default 2012/2013 NBA thread: Chasing the Dream

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 03-28-2013, 06:18 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default 2012/2013 NBA thread: This thread is POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 03-28-2013, 06:18 PM   #3
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: This thread is POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomed_hero View Post
i dont think that lebron should have got a flagrent for it. I do belive it was closer to one then some of the plays he was whining about.
Eh, he had the right to be frustrated. LeBron received some hard fouls that night and the refs looked the other way on a portion of them.

Regardless, players always complain.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 03-28-2013, 06:21 PM   #4
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing

Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: This thread is POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
You know the whole toughness argument goes both ways. There aren't many guys left in the league that will try to take a charge. I mean, they could try that but of course tackling someone is just easier.
Considering the fact that guys like Lebron, Wade and Kobe are going to get the better share of charge/block calls from the get go, before you even consider the fact that he's freakishly quick for his size and built like a mack truck... yeah, it is easier to consider.

Even if you get good position on him there's a chance you won't get the call with guys like that. That said, I don't have a particularly big issue with Lebron on this one because he hasn't been complaining about it at length, he was s***ty about it at the time as pretty much anyone would be and the rest has been ESPN talking s*** and white knighting on his behalf.

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Old 03-28-2013, 09:34 PM   #5
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: This thread is POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Part 3

The thing about the Hinrich play though, is that Lebron was about to initiate that contact because he got caught mid-dribble. Hinrich didn't bite on any of his fakes and stayed right in front of him, Lebron was going to travel or charge him and Kirk just grabbed him to help absorb the inevitable impact. But Lebron (and D-Rose & Melo especially) routinely run straight into defenders looking for contact. Can't have it both ways. I didn't like when Rose was trying to criticize the refs last season either.

On another note, I really hope the Lakers don't have the privilege of making it into the playoffs. Another sub par game against a sub par team. They don't deserve the right to compete in the postseason, not this year. Too many injuries, too many turnovers, too much turmoil, too little effort, too little coaching, non existent defense. Too many issues to really name...

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather

Last edited by Doc Samson; 03-28-2013 at 09:39 PM.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:10 AM   #6
Hound55

Well with Metta World Peace out and Kobe possibly out with an inflamed bone spur maybe they'll get back to winning some games.

They've only won one game since he came back, against the Wizards. After batting at .666 with him out (losing a single game to the Suns who are one of the few teams where he generally can run wild on them, unless he plays stupid, for match-up issues) which is about par for the course when he's not playing.

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Old 03-29-2013, 04:30 PM   #7
jessecapncook
New User - Level 0

Did any of you guys see the picture of mwp in surgery?

Old 03-29-2013, 08:53 PM   #8
Mr. Dent
Banned User

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

SWAG KING KONG

Old 03-29-2013, 10:12 PM   #9
L.A.
Side-Kick

It sickens me they never call at the end of the game

Old 03-29-2013, 10:18 PM   #10
Mr. Dent
Banned User

They did for Timmy lol.

Old 03-31-2013, 04:43 PM   #11
Trainwreck2100
Side-Kick

so lebron wade and chalmers are out vs. the Spurs. Doesn't that mean Miami gets fined cause the spurs did the same thing to them?

Old 03-31-2013, 04:51 PM   #12
Mr. Dent
Banned User

We're never going to see these two teams ****ing play. Finals are going to come around and Pop is going to rest Duncan and TP the first game of the series.

Also lol at us handing them this ****ing game when we're battling for top seed in the league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck2100 View Post
so lebron wade and chalmers are out vs. the Spurs. Doesn't that mean Miami gets fined cause the spurs did the same thing to them?
No, Heat followed league protocol.

Old 03-31-2013, 04:56 PM   #13
Trainwreck2100
Side-Kick

go look at sterns reasons for the fine, them sitting lebron and wade is no different what the spurs did. Unless you really believe Lebron has a "hamstring sprain"

Old 03-31-2013, 05:09 PM   #14
SoNicRaDiATioN
Hooked On A Feeling

The minute the Heat lost to the Bears, er Bulls, I thought about this being a strong possibility after the long streak. First take out the frustration of the loss on those fawns in New Orleans, then rest against the Spurs (and stick it to ticket buying Spurs fan).

Old 03-31-2013, 05:13 PM   #15
Trainwreck2100
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNicRaDiATioN View Post
The minute the Heat lost to the Bears, er Bulls, I thought about this being a strong possibility after the long streak. First take out the frustration of the loss on those fawns in New Orleans, then rest against the Spurs (and stick it to ticket buying Spurs fan).
our non heat tickets go for $2.00 so they'll be fine, the ones who get screwed are the ticket buying lebron fans, and I'm okay with the heat flipping them off

Old 03-31-2013, 05:21 PM   #16
SoNicRaDiATioN
Hooked On A Feeling

I'm not OK with either, but the rest does make sense in this case. I would have loved to have seen the Heat and Spurs duke it out with their big guns because it'll most likely be the last time they play this year.

Last edited by SoNicRaDiATioN; 03-31-2013 at 05:27 PM.
Old 03-31-2013, 05:22 PM   #17
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
go look at sterns reasons for the fine, them sitting lebron and wade is no different what the spurs did. Unless you really believe Lebron has a "hamstring sprain"
The Heat informed the league prior to sitting them that they'd be doing. Pop just sprung it on everyone. That's the official reasoning for the fine. But yes, it was mostly for ****ing with the fans in reality. But, because the Heat informed the league and the Spurs beforehand and gave reason for why they're sitting the three, they won't be fined.

Old 03-31-2013, 05:23 PM   #18
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Also, Kobe says he will be retiring after his contract is up next season. Anyone thinking Lebron and maybe even D-Wade aren't enroute to LA are foolish.

Old 03-31-2013, 05:34 PM   #19
Trainwreck2100
Side-Kick

Obviously it's not over I'm sure Spoelstra can find a way to get his guys to compete. But if the heat win this they are 4 games ahead of the spurs for the best record, that means they rest that last 3 games of the season. Now if the Spurs win the Heat have to win out.

Old 03-31-2013, 05:37 PM   #20
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Honestly I find it hard imagining a scenario where the Heat win this game other than Bosh and Allen going off...something which I don't see happening.

Old 03-31-2013, 05:41 PM   #21
Hound55

I wouldn't want to risk those guys losing their rhythm by resting them for the last games of the season. Maybe just reduce their minutes.

Old 03-31-2013, 05:49 PM   #22
SoNicRaDiATioN
Hooked On A Feeling

Quote:
Obviously it's not over I'm sure Spoelstra can find a way to get his guys to compete. But if the heat win this they are 4 games ahead of the spurs for the best record, that means they rest that last 3 games of the season. Now if the Spurs win the Heat have to win out.
The Heats remaining schedule is easier then the Spurs after tonight. San Antonio still has away games at Memphis, OKC and Denver. Toughest game on paper the Heat have left are Boston and Chicago, but both are at home.

Old 03-31-2013, 08:22 PM   #23
Mister J
El Jefe en Púrpura
SHH! Global Moderator

Pretty sure my neighbors are calling the police after all my screaming on that Bosh 3. Good Lawd.

So when you find yourself locked onto an unpleasant train of thought, heading for the places in your past where the screaming is unbearable, remember there’s always madness. Madness is the emergency exit… you can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away… forever.
Old 03-31-2013, 08:32 PM   #24
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Holy **** we won

I underestimated the Heat's P&R D. We have a natural advantage against the Spurs because of that.

Old 03-31-2013, 08:34 PM   #25
Hound55

Best of seven series I could see Pop adapting to it though, just as Thibbs has been drawing up ways to cut through it.

Closed Thread