The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

View Poll Results: Who Will Win the 2012-13 NBA Championship?
Atlanta Hawks 0 0%
Boston Celtics 1 4.00%
Brooklyn Nets 0 0%
Chicago Bulls 0 0%
Denver Nuggets 0 0%
Golden State Warriors 0 0%
Houston Rockets 0 0%
Indiana Pacers 0 0%
Los Angeles Clippers 2 8.00%
Los Angeles Lakers 0 0%
Memphis Grizzlies 0 0%
Miami Heat 17 68.00%
Milwaukee Bucks 0 0%
New York Knicks 4 16.00%
Oklahoma City Thunder 0 0%
San Antonio Spurs 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2013, 06:17 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 0
Default 2012/2013 NBA thread: Chasing the Dream

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline  
Old 03-28-2013, 06:18 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 0
Default 2012/2013 NBA thread: This thread is POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline  
Old 03-28-2013, 06:18 PM   #3
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.
 
DoomsdayApex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Boynton Beach, FL
Posts: 14,828
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: This thread is POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomed_hero View Post
i dont think that lebron should have got a flagrent for it. I do belive it was closer to one then some of the plays he was whining about.
Eh, he had the right to be frustrated. LeBron received some hard fouls that night and the refs looked the other way on a portion of them.

Regardless, players always complain.

__________________
Law is an instrument of commerce and often an obstruction to justice. It is a Court of Law, NOT of Justice.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)


Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."


Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
DoomsdayApex is offline  
Old 03-28-2013, 06:21 PM   #4
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing
 
Hound55's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Merry old land of Aust.
Posts: 10,174
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: This thread is POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
You know the whole toughness argument goes both ways. There aren't many guys left in the league that will try to take a charge. I mean, they could try that but of course tackling someone is just easier.
Considering the fact that guys like Lebron, Wade and Kobe are going to get the better share of charge/block calls from the get go, before you even consider the fact that he's freakishly quick for his size and built like a mack truck... yeah, it is easier to consider.

Even if you get good position on him there's a chance you won't get the call with guys like that. That said, I don't have a particularly big issue with Lebron on this one because he hasn't been complaining about it at length, he was s***ty about it at the time as pretty much anyone would be and the rest has been ESPN talking s*** and white knighting on his behalf.

__________________
[/JOKE]

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Hound55 is offline  
Old 03-28-2013, 09:34 PM   #5
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist
 
Doc Samson's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: GammaBase
Posts: 4,210
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: This thread is POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Part 3

The thing about the Hinrich play though, is that Lebron was about to initiate that contact because he got caught mid-dribble. Hinrich didn't bite on any of his fakes and stayed right in front of him, Lebron was going to travel or charge him and Kirk just grabbed him to help absorb the inevitable impact. But Lebron (and D-Rose & Melo especially) routinely run straight into defenders looking for contact. Can't have it both ways. I didn't like when Rose was trying to criticize the refs last season either.

On another note, I really hope the Lakers don't have the privilege of making it into the playoffs. Another sub par game against a sub par team. They don't deserve the right to compete in the postseason, not this year. Too many injuries, too many turnovers, too much turmoil, too little effort, too little coaching, non existent defense. Too many issues to really name...

__________________
"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather

Last edited by Doc Samson; 03-28-2013 at 09:39 PM.
Doc Samson is offline  
Old 03-29-2013, 02:10 AM   #6
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing
 
Hound55's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Merry old land of Aust.
Posts: 10,174
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: This thread is POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Part 3

Well with Metta World Peace out and Kobe possibly out with an inflamed bone spur maybe they'll get back to winning some games.

They've only won one game since he came back, against the Wizards. After batting at .666 with him out (losing a single game to the Suns who are one of the few teams where he generally can run wild on them, unless he plays stupid, for match-up issues) which is about par for the course when he's not playing.

__________________
[/JOKE]

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Hound55 is offline  
Old 03-29-2013, 04:30 PM   #7
jessecapncook
New User - Level 0
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: bc
Posts: 1
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: This thread is POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Part 3

Did any of you guys see the picture of mwp in surgery?

jessecapncook is offline  
Old 03-29-2013, 08:53 PM   #8
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,959
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: This thread is POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Part 3

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:


SWAG KING KONG

Mr. Dent is offline  
Old 03-29-2013, 10:12 PM   #9
L.A.
Side-Kick
 
L.A.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,617
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: This thread is POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Part 3

It sickens me they never call at the end of the game

L.A. is offline  
Old 03-29-2013, 10:18 PM   #10
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,959
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: This thread is POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Part 3

They did for Timmy lol.

Mr. Dent is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 04:43 PM   #11
Trainwreck2100
Side-Kick
 
Trainwreck2100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,251
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: This thread is POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Part 3

so lebron wade and chalmers are out vs. the Spurs. Doesn't that mean Miami gets fined cause the spurs did the same thing to them?

Trainwreck2100 is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 04:51 PM   #12
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,959
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: This thread is POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Part 3

****************

We're never going to see these two teams ****ing play. Finals are going to come around and Pop is going to rest Duncan and TP the first game of the series.

Also lol at us handing them this ****ing game when we're battling for top seed in the league.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck2100 View Post
so lebron wade and chalmers are out vs. the Spurs. Doesn't that mean Miami gets fined cause the spurs did the same thing to them?
No, Heat followed league protocol.

Mr. Dent is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 04:56 PM   #13
Trainwreck2100
Side-Kick
 
Trainwreck2100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,251
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: This thread is POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Part 3

go look at sterns reasons for the fine, them sitting lebron and wade is no different what the spurs did. Unless you really believe Lebron has a "hamstring sprain"

Trainwreck2100 is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 05:09 PM   #14
SoNicRaDiATioN
Hooked On A Feeling
 
SoNicRaDiATioN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,566
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: This thread is POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Part 3

The minute the Heat lost to the Bears, er Bulls, I thought about this being a strong possibility after the long streak. First take out the frustration of the loss on those fawns in New Orleans, then rest against the Spurs (and stick it to ticket buying Spurs fan).

__________________
GuardiansoftheGalaxyTheAvengersX2WinterSoldierDaysofFuturePastSpider-Man2SupermanBatmanBeginsX1TDKR
SoNicRaDiATioN is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 05:13 PM   #15
Trainwreck2100
Side-Kick
 
Trainwreck2100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,251
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: This thread is POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoNicRaDiATioN View Post
The minute the Heat lost to the Bears, er Bulls, I thought about this being a strong possibility after the long streak. First take out the frustration of the loss on those fawns in New Orleans, then rest against the Spurs (and stick it to ticket buying Spurs fan).
our non heat tickets go for $2.00 so they'll be fine, the ones who get screwed are the ticket buying lebron fans, and I'm okay with the heat flipping them off

Trainwreck2100 is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 05:21 PM   #16
SoNicRaDiATioN
Hooked On A Feeling
 
SoNicRaDiATioN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,566
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: This thread is POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Part 3

I'm not OK with either, but the rest does make sense in this case. I would have loved to have seen the Heat and Spurs duke it out with their big guns because it'll most likely be the last time they play this year.

__________________
GuardiansoftheGalaxyTheAvengersX2WinterSoldierDaysofFuturePastSpider-Man2SupermanBatmanBeginsX1TDKR

Last edited by SoNicRaDiATioN; 03-31-2013 at 05:27 PM.
SoNicRaDiATioN is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 05:22 PM   #17
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,959
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: This thread is POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck2100 View Post
go look at sterns reasons for the fine, them sitting lebron and wade is no different what the spurs did. Unless you really believe Lebron has a "hamstring sprain"
The Heat informed the league prior to sitting them that they'd be doing. Pop just sprung it on everyone. That's the official reasoning for the fine. But yes, it was mostly for ****ing with the fans in reality. But, because the Heat informed the league and the Spurs beforehand and gave reason for why they're sitting the three, they won't be fined.

Mr. Dent is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 05:23 PM   #18
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,959
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: This thread is POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Part 3

Also, Kobe says he will be retiring after his contract is up next season. Anyone thinking Lebron and maybe even D-Wade aren't enroute to LA are foolish.

Mr. Dent is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 05:34 PM   #19
Trainwreck2100
Side-Kick
 
Trainwreck2100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,251
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: This thread is POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Part 3

Obviously it's not over I'm sure Spoelstra can find a way to get his guys to compete. But if the heat win this they are 4 games ahead of the spurs for the best record, that means they rest that last 3 games of the season. Now if the Spurs win the Heat have to win out.

Trainwreck2100 is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 05:37 PM   #20
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,959
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: This thread is POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Part 3

Honestly I find it hard imagining a scenario where the Heat win this game other than Bosh and Allen going off...something which I don't see happening.

Mr. Dent is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 05:41 PM   #21
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing
 
Hound55's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Merry old land of Aust.
Posts: 10,174
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: This thread is POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Part 3

I wouldn't want to risk those guys losing their rhythm by resting them for the last games of the season. Maybe just reduce their minutes.

__________________
[/JOKE]

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Hound55 is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 05:49 PM   #22
SoNicRaDiATioN
Hooked On A Feeling
 
SoNicRaDiATioN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 1,566
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: This thread is POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trainwreck2100 View Post
Obviously it's not over I'm sure Spoelstra can find a way to get his guys to compete. But if the heat win this they are 4 games ahead of the spurs for the best record, that means they rest that last 3 games of the season. Now if the Spurs win the Heat have to win out.
The Heats remaining schedule is easier then the Spurs after tonight. San Antonio still has away games at Memphis, OKC and Denver. Toughest game on paper the Heat have left are Boston and Chicago, but both are at home.

__________________
GuardiansoftheGalaxyTheAvengersX2WinterSoldierDaysofFuturePastSpider-Man2SupermanBatmanBeginsX1TDKR
SoNicRaDiATioN is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 08:22 PM   #23
Mister J
El Jefe en Púrpura
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Mister J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Aww, isn't that cute ...BUT IT'S WRONG!!!!!
Posts: 36,358
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: This thread is POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Part 3

Pretty sure my neighbors are calling the police after all my screaming on that Bosh 3. Good Lawd.

__________________
So when you find yourself locked onto an unpleasant train of thought, heading for the places in your past where the screaming is unbearable, remember there’s always madness. Madness is the emergency exit… you can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away… forever.
Mister J is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 08:32 PM   #24
Mr. Dent
Banned User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 8,959
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: This thread is POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Part 3

Holy **** we won

I underestimated the Heat's P&R D. We have a natural advantage against the Spurs because of that.

Mr. Dent is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 08:34 PM   #25
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing
 
Hound55's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Merry old land of Aust.
Posts: 10,174
Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: This thread is POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Part 3

Best of seven series I could see Pop adapting to it though, just as Thibbs has been drawing up ways to cut through it.

__________________
[/JOKE]

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Hound55 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:42 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.