The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

View Poll Results: Who Will Win the 2012-13 NBA Championship?
Atlanta Hawks 0 0%
Boston Celtics 1 4.00%
Brooklyn Nets 0 0%
Chicago Bulls 0 0%
Denver Nuggets 0 0%
Golden State Warriors 0 0%
Houston Rockets 0 0%
Indiana Pacers 0 0%
Los Angeles Clippers 2 8.00%
Los Angeles Lakers 0 0%
Memphis Grizzlies 0 0%
Miami Heat 17 68.00%
Milwaukee Bucks 0 0%
New York Knicks 4 16.00%
Oklahoma City Thunder 0 0%
San Antonio Spurs 1 4.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 12:57 AM   #101
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: This thread is POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Part 3

Said it before, say it again. Until I see these guys ahead of Kobe on ESPN's "ranking" list do any of the s*** he's been doing just this week alone, making comparisons is a moot point. The man has played damn near every second of each game, and still comes out on the night of a back to back and has this type of performance? At his age, with his mileage & his ailments? Gimme a break...

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Old 04-11-2013, 12:59 AM   #102
L.A.
Banned User

Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: This thread is POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Part 3

skating by by their nut hairs to a **** blazer team without Hickson, Batum and Matthews..... If this team sneaks into the playoffs, I can't wait to watch them get gutted

Old 04-11-2013, 01:03 AM   #103
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Can't wait to see the same happen to the Clippers lol, and trust, it will

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Old 04-11-2013, 01:13 AM   #104
Ziggyman
Scar Jo = Ziggywoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound55 View Post
I disagree. Honestly, I think he'd be one of the most underrated guys in the NBA.

Its not his fault he's stuck rotting in the NBA's biggest basket case. Over the past three reasons he's been the sole glimmer in the Washington Land-of-misfit-toys. Look at the guys they've had in that nuthouse. If Lebron was there they might barely scrape into the playoffs maybe... Maybe.

D***heads, fruitloops, nutbags, egos, cast off crazy contracts and lunatics. That's what he's been working with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BatSpider View Post
How so?
Granted of course that he's played on pretty crap teams, I'll admit that he's obviously taken great strides in his game this year after coming off of his injury. That being said though IIRC, he had a pretty successful rookie year and he made noise around the league for both his personality and his continuing of the movement of the new age hybrid-scoring point guard in the mold of the Westbrook's and Rose's, albeit without the 3-point shooting. However, I remember a lot of that built up hype died in his second year (possibly/probably due to the lockout and lack of a training camp, as well as s**t team) and he didn't really add or elevate his game at all as a floor general. During that second year, although you can tell he's a straight up baller and was/is still no doubt up there with the quickest guys in the league, like many young guys, relied heavily on natural athleticism rather than displaying an elevated sense of play-making and shot-making ability. In terms of his size and all around athleticism he should be one of the best defensive guards in the league, I don't know what the advance stats have to say about that but he didn't necessarily display that in his first 2 seasons...

Top 30 now? Over most of the proven guys from 30-22? David Lee? Cousins (if he can ever get his ish together)? Hell naw, not yet at least...although he has been hawt fiya of late. Maybe Lopez. Probably Chandler (don't know what the basis for that is). In terms of guards though, he's not quite the volume-chucker or black-hole that Ellis and Jennings are, but what about the recent elevation of the overall games of Holiday (all star)? Lawson (on an absolute tear before injury)? Conley (post-Gay era)? Hell, even Lillard (ROY)? Is he inherently better than all of those more traditional floor generals, minus Lillard, all of whom btw can knock down a 3...? I don't know...

"Underrated"? Not really I don't think. Overrated on this list? Fo sho, no doubt! He's deffs coming into his own this year though, i'll give him that much

H
a ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ho ehehe ahaha hoo hehaha, It's a funny world we live in!

Daddy's a jackass! Yes, run along now, junior -Conan O'brien

Now
In Colour!
Old 04-11-2013, 01:14 AM   #105
SolarTiger
Side-Kick

The Lakers will have nothing left in the tank the way they are riding Kobe the last few games. He's getting no rest, unless he really is on something I doubt he will have anything left for the playoffs.

Old 04-11-2013, 01:16 AM   #106
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaD View Post
Sarcasm is what the Dockster is all about.
Yes I thought that was clearly the point and it was clearly obvious but yet, I guess not.

"Which free agent (not counting LeBron) are you most interested to see with his new team? Why?

"Joey Crawford, From the Heat to the Cavs"

- AJ Walkin- ESPN Poster
Old 04-11-2013, 01:17 AM   #107
Ziggyman
Scar Jo = Ziggywoman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarTiger View Post
The Lakers will have nothing left in the tank the way they are riding Kobe the last few games. He's getting no rest, unless he really is on something I doubt he will have anything left for the playoffs.
If the man says he can play another 5 years, then I'm sure he can play out these next 2 months

H
a ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ho ehehe ahaha hoo hehaha, It's a funny world we live in!

Now
In Colour!
Old 04-11-2013, 01:20 AM   #108
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggyman View Post
If the man says he can play another 5 years, then I'm sure he can play out these next 2 months
Kobe just won't stop! The last time it happened? A hotel in Denver.

"Which free agent (not counting LeBron) are you most interested to see with his new team? Why?

- AJ Walkin- ESPN Poster
Old 04-11-2013, 01:21 AM   #109
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing

Wow. Yes. He is inherently better than Holiday, Lawson, Conley and Lillard. Substantially so.

And he's not really a Rose or Westbrook kind of guy, he's generally more of a playmaker.

Old 04-11-2013, 01:41 AM   #110
Ziggyman
Scar Jo = Ziggywoman

Quote:
Wow. Yes. He is inherently better than Holiday, Lawson, Conley and Lillard. Substantially so.

And he's not really a Rose or Westbrook kind of guy, he's generally more of a playmaker.
Haha...you like to skim through posts, eh?!

Sigh (audible), how so? Please go ahead and disprove everything I've said in another 140 characters or less post...

H

Now
In Colour!
Old 04-11-2013, 05:36 AM   #111
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

I'm kind of with ziggy on this. Wall is very talented and they have been playing great since he came back, but I think as far as playmaking ability, Conley maybe a better pg right now. I like him but there are players that are better than him that are "ranked" lower than him. You look at the list and you are like how the freak did he get so high here........he literally stands out.
I guess it depends on who you like.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:53 PM   #112
Hound55

While I'm hardly backwards in dissecting posts generally, it would reach new levels of obsession for me to do so from my phone. Instead, I merely chose to address the more blatant points of contention.

Old 04-11-2013, 09:51 PM   #113
Hound55

Anyone notice how much more effective the Lakers have been since Pau got healthy and they started using him better.

Lost 1 of their last 6 and 2 of their last 8.

Old 04-11-2013, 10:11 PM   #114
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
Anyone notice how much more effective the Lakers have been since Pau got healthy and they started using him better.

Lost 1 of their last 6 and 2 of their last 8.
Soft schedule. These next couple of games will tell the real story. On ESPN, it was said that Kobe told Pau to just ignore the coach, that's what he's been doing and it worked for him. Dantoni doesn't fit for this team and since they basically said f you to him, they have gotten better.

- AJ Walkin- ESPN Poster
Old 04-11-2013, 10:15 PM   #115
Doomed_hero
Side-Kick

I have noticed Kobe and Gasol are playing the old two man game they use to play during there championship days. Also kinda using Howard like bynum. I actully really like it. when Pau plays well, the team usally wins.

Old 04-12-2013, 12:44 AM   #116
BatSpider
Not an S

We desperately need Phil to come back.

D'antoni is our towel boy, just standing watching Coach Bryant do work.

Old 04-12-2013, 12:52 AM   #117
Ghostvirus
Side-Kick

So I tried calling in to work saying I wasn't mentally ready. They said I was fired! I said hey it works for Derrick Rose!

Man the f**k up Rose! Seriously!

Old 04-12-2013, 01:25 AM   #118
TheBat812
Side-Kick

To be fair, the fate of his career rests on his confidence in that leg. If he just aint confident, he just aint confident.

Old 04-12-2013, 08:50 AM   #119
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

I've never been one to believe that as soon as a guy comes back from a long injury that forced him to miss a significant period of time, that he could easily come back one day and make a full difference. So I don't blame Rose if he decides to sit out the rest of the season/playoffs.

The Bulls have proven to be a decent team without him and are going to the playoffs, so I feel like Rose coming back now would almost be a hindrance to them because he won't be the same. Even if he's physically 100%, he's he's not there mentally, or if he's scared of getting hurt, I think waiting until next season just to be safe is definitely the way too go for him.

Old 04-12-2013, 10:01 AM   #120
SolarTiger
Side-Kick

He won't have full confidence in the knee until he plays a game, does a hop step off his knee and sees it doesn't buckle. For some reason he expects practice to solve all his issues. real live games are part of the rehab of coming back from an ACL.

Old 04-12-2013, 02:52 PM   #121
Anubis
Sup?

At this point, I say why bother? May as well wait until next season. Get a training camp under his belt. Play the long game. Meanwhile Jimmy Butler's gotten kinda awesome huh?

Last edited by Anubis; 04-12-2013 at 11:10 PM.
Old 04-12-2013, 02:58 PM   #122
SpideyVille
Walking out the Desert

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarTiger View Post
He won't have full confidence in the knee until he plays a game, does a hop step off his knee and sees it doesn't buckle. For some reason he expects practice to solve all his issues. real live games are part of the rehab of coming back from an ACL.
Exactly, he needs some real games to gain the confidence, which means he'll be playing a few games where he won't be explosive or anything close to what we've seen he can be, which is why, like Anubis said, its better to just wait until next season so he can ease into it with Training Camp. I really feel like he'll hurt the team more than he'll help them if he comes back because he won't be the same. Its better to have a watered down version in pre-season games that don't matter as opposed to late season/playoff games that do.

Old 04-12-2013, 04:54 PM   #123
Mister J
Say 'Cheese'!
SHH! Global Moderator

Stephen Jackson waived by Spurs.

He aint bout dis playoff life.

So when you find yourself locked onto an unpleasant train of thought, heading for the places in your past where the screaming is unbearable, remember there’s always madness. Madness is the emergency exit… you can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away… forever.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:06 PM   #124
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Durant fined by the NBA for "menacing look" at the Golden State bench. That look wasn't for GS, it was for Westbrook. Besides, who can Durant scare? Brittney Griner is bigger than him and he wears kids pajamas. I've scarier crap in the toilet.

Old 04-13-2013, 12:14 AM   #125
JaD
Thriller Night

I usually never complain about officiating but tonight pissed me off. Warriors played their asses off and we could have put another dent in the Lakers playoff hopes but Lakers getting 50 free throws to the Warriors 16. YOU do the math. F***in' Lakers.

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean
Closed Thread