The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 05-04-2013, 09:16 AM   #251
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Default Re: What's your worst fear regarding MOS?

^ I'm starting to get concerned that Faora will be the true mastermind

TheFlamingCoco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:50 AM   #252
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Quote:
Originally Posted by combocaz View Post
Even now, almost seven years later, that suit still manages to surprise me with how bad it looked in certain shots.

ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Rowsdower! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:54 AM   #253
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Well, hopefully Cavill will "kick S!"

Old 05-04-2013, 10:07 AM   #254
snpklsdmbldr
welcome to the planet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
http://io9.com/the-man-of-steel-rumo...or-t-487577190

Dont like this....hope it's not true
we saw Krypton exploding in the latest trailer...

snpklsdmbldr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:18 AM   #255
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ Crowe confirmed Krypton's destruction, we see it in the trailer, it's in the storybooks, I think Krypton's a goner

Old 05-04-2013, 10:23 AM   #256
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives

Yeah. Didn't Shannon also confirm it months ago too when he said something about his character like, "I'm this general, and my planet's been destroyed... what do I do now?"

ATTENTION: The rumor about WB's "no jokes" policy is 100% correct. No one should ever doubt any rumor about any upcoming movie, even in cases where it contradicts rumors that have previously been reported. In those cases, both rumors are true.

In other news, Bryan Cranston is playing Lex Luthor, Emily Blunt is Wonder Woman, Benedict Cumberbatch is Martian Manhunter, and that guy from Teen Wolf is Batman.
Rowsdower! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 11:06 AM   #257
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Yeah. Didn't Shannon also confirm it months ago too when he said something about his character like, "I'm this general, and my planet's been destroyed... what do I do now?"
Yep, I mentioned that on the last page as well. Yeah, there are so many reliable sources confirming Krypton's destruction that people should just forget about that io9 article. Its source is an online EW article that is a quick cut and paste job of the print cover article which makes no reference to going back to Krypton. Obviously, some idiot EW staffer screwed up and misinterpreted something when condensing the print article.

Old 05-04-2013, 11:31 AM   #258
Tra-El
Side-Kick

I have NO MORE worries. Too much time I've spent in the DUMPS after Superman Returns. It's been years. No more from this guy. I'm going into this thing full throttle. I believe EVERY Superman fan will return to their full glory with Big Blue! Lets do this, guys. 41 days. Right around the damn corner! Great RAO.

Old 05-04-2013, 12:13 PM   #259
Mr_GoldenAge
Side-Kick

My biggest fear is that it'll flop. Snyder's films have either been modest hits or huge flops if rotten tomatoes is to be believed. We can only hope that man of steel helps to change that and that this'll be the one to hit maybe 80 or 90 something fresh. Zach Snyder would be immortalised if this happened.

Mr_GoldenAge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:36 PM   #260
Blitzkrieg Bop
Boy named Sue

I'm afraid that Thor will have an influence.

Old 05-16-2013, 11:28 PM   #261
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

That Jimmy Olsen will not appear at any point in the franchise and that we'll be stuck with Jenny Olsen.

It feels to me like they changed his gender just because.

Shikamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:38 PM   #262
TheNextNolan22
You are an F** ****

My biggest fear is that even IF the movie were to make more than $550 million-$600 million, we won't get a sequel or a JL movie.

Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.
I know we all should respect everybody's opinion and stuff but if you say that Breaking Bad is overrated then you do not deserve any of my respect.
TheNextNolan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 01:32 AM   #263
db85usa
HeHe!

A lot of you guys are scared because of Superman Returns let's face it and accept it. WB is trying to right the ship now. The fans got Cavill. We've got CHRISTOPHER F****NG NOLAN producing this film who just came from arguably the greatest trilogy ever. Do you really believe he would just slap his name on it for granted? NO, he presented a story along with Goyer, to which Goyer wrote the screenplay. Do some homework guys. A LOT of directors lately have had smash hits that have made $$$ where they had either many flops on their record or virtually no big known film at all.

Snyder is due for another big win. 300 IMO was an excellent start and he kind of lost track a little bit. Watchmen had it's great moments. But when you're given all the tools you need, handed to you on a silver platter, how the heck can you even fail? Trust in Nolan, trust Goyer, trust Snyder, trust Henry Cavill and the amazing cast surrounding him. You've got ACADEMY AWARD WINNERS in this movie! Do you think they would want to get involved if they thought it would be a flop? NO! What did Superman Returns have other than Kevin Spacey, hmm? Frank Langella? Please...

Let's also not forget we have got the PREMIER movie composer in the world who has scored MAN OF STEEL! Snyder's slow mo shots+gorgeous cinematography backed by Zimmer's touching, emotional and powerful score = WIN. Get ready for a rollercoaster boys and girls

Old 05-17-2013, 02:42 AM   #264
combocaz
Side-Kick

Jon Peters having a big influence on the movie.

A giant spider will appear because their the fiercest killers in the insect kingdom.

Cyborg -Ray Fisher
Aquaman -Jason Momoa
combocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:55 AM   #265
sf2
Side-Kick

Wroonggggggggg!
Polar bear is!!!!

Old 05-17-2013, 04:35 AM   #266
DarkMelody
Banned User

Zack Snyder, obviously. The cast seems solid and getting Michael Shannon was an awesome move, but Snyder's the sort of director who's strong in visuals and "wow this is a badass trailer!" but not a lot else. If the writing team and other good elements of the movie can keep Snyder's mediocrity and retardation in check so the film benefits from his visual magic but doesn't have too much of his influence everywhere else then we should be okay.

DarkMelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:30 AM   #267
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

That i'm going to run out of money before I can bare the thought of not seeing it at least once a day, and i'll have to choose between food and another ticket...

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
hopefuldreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:57 AM   #268
LordofhouseEl
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by sf2 View Post
Wroonggggggggg!
Polar bear is!!!!
Polar bears are insects?

LordofhouseEl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:06 AM   #269
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

I'm not that concerned about this film. I mean... I don't want to say my hopes are too high, but its a movie about hope. Gotta have at least a little hope going into it right? I'm very excited and ready for a good Superman film.

But I guess if I were to dig down deep, my fears include:
1. Michael Shannon's Zod under-performing as a villain.
2. Cavill not pulling off the Clark Kent secret identity.
3. Overall below average or bad writing/plot.

Old 05-17-2013, 06:26 AM   #270
DarkMelody
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post

But I guess if I were to dig down deep, my fears include:
1. Michael Shannon's Zod under-performing as a villain.
Ever seen Michael Shannon in anything? I don't think that's gonna be a problem. He's the best actor in the cast, if not one of the best actors working right now.

DarkMelody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:35 AM   #271
TDK010
Join me in the sun

Quote:
One of my biggest fears was this. Using CGI unnecessarily. Superman Returns was littered with shots like this that just looked terrible.
The human eye is trained to know when it's seeing something that is real or not. And to have closeup shots that hold for several seconds
like the one above thinking that the audience won't be able to tell the difference, is just plain stupid.

Thankfully, it looks like Snyder has put this right. Shots that we have seen in CGI of Superman flying in Man Of Steel are quick flashes
you can't really see too clearly and they base it on the fact that he is so fast. And I love the fact that already we've seen tons of Cavill
closeup shots during flight. That for me is what will sell and makes us all believe a man can fly.

TDK010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:32 AM   #272
Naite22
Side-Kick

Quote:
Dear god. That cg-face... WHY!???. It was so ****ing unnecessary!

Naite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:01 AM   #273
Coca Cola Duracell Franklin.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naite22 View Post
Dear god. That cg-face... WHY!???. It was so ****ing unnecessary!
The way the smile animates is the stuff of nightmares.

Coca Cola Duracell Franklin. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:09 AM   #274
TDK elbowstrike
"I'm a man of my word..."

I think at this point, no matter what the movie is like, I will probably love it. So my biggest fear then becomes that it doesnt make a ton of money. I really want something close to 700 mil worldwide. I dont know though...

Old 05-17-2013, 07:35 PM   #275
Obi Wan Kenobi
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDK elbowstrike View Post
I think at this point, no matter what the movie is like, I will probably love it. So my biggest fear then becomes that it doesnt make a ton of money. I really want something close to 700 mil worldwide. I dont know though...
I think you all should stop worrying about this movie making money. Its going to make 300-400 million just here in the US alone. A lot of little kids are fired up for this movie and if the action delivers as promised word of mouth will spread. I've always said WB had monkeys running their studios but they were smart to promote MOS thru Wal Mart. Everybody goes to wal mart so they are getting tons of promotion and free publicity at wally world. I was just in there the other day and Superman stuff is every where. I only saw Avengers once I really don't see what was so awesome about it to have done 600 million. This film will be far better and do at least half that or 400 million

The problem as a Superman purist as I describe myself are a few things.

1. No John Williams theme. Donner universe or not, it belongs with every Superman tale on the big screen.

2. Henry Cavill. He's just not tall enough, shoulders aren't wide enough and he doesn't possess the physical prescence Reeve or Routh did. Laugh all you want to at Routh's suit, Routh was good looking, tall and imposing with broad shoulders. The scene where Lois took her shoes off put her hands on his chest stepped on his boots and looked up at him just clicked with me and made me feel like yeah he's Superman and he's in control. When I see Cavill walking in the fortress the cape and stuff looks great but I can tell he's a dude 5'10 at best. Its not fooling my eyes.

3. Superman with no split curl

4. I'm worried about the flying scenes where he does that little scream and he looks like he's straining to take a dump. I'm a little concerned where I read Synder say we have a new take on him flying and its "difficult" for him to fly. Uh oh. I don't want him flying around the entire movie looking like he's got hemorrhoids.

As for the plot and script, not too worried about that with Goyner and Nolan in the background.

Obi Wan Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote