Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 10:54 PM   #101
chaseter
Bland User

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post
The Raimi Spider-Man suit is probably one of the best, if not THE best costumes ever designed in a comic book movie.
I see a bridge being built. Don't make me throw rocks at you from the other side Keep this up and you can visit Raimiland anytime.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:58 PM   #102
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
I see a bridge being built. Don't make me throw rocks at you from the other side Keep this up and you can visit Raimiland anytime.
Hey, I'm a fan of both Raimi's and Webb's Spider-Man lol. As you can see in my sig Spider-Man 2 is my favorite CBM of all time...

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 04-02-2013, 11:44 PM   #103
chaseter
Bland User

I am not yet convinced of the Trojan Spider-horse.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:50 PM   #104
AF3619
WOOO!

no set photos?
sigh* i´m going to sleep

-You want me to come there so you can kill me?
-YES
-I´ll be right there"
Old 04-03-2013, 01:27 AM   #105
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Lack of news for ONE day is disturbing? I remember when us fans didn't have the privilege of getting daily updates every day online.
There's been very scant details lately, besides Webb's cryptic tweets.

Old 04-03-2013, 01:32 AM   #106
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

is the outdoor set they are filming on even open in any way to the public? it seems closed off. hoping for the best but expecting the worst when it comes to set pics this week..

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 04-03-2013, 03:26 AM   #107
mayo23
Side-Kick

Mark my words everyone, no matter how great ASM2 turns out to be (here's hoping that's the case) this franchise will always be shat on and disregarded by the general public as a worthless reboot. Just reading comments on why ASM was a redundant film and why ASM2 won't be any different gives me no hope.

It's a definitive case of "damned if you do, damned if you don't".

Old 04-03-2013, 03:43 AM   #108
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Not true. If it turns out to be "great" (which is a totally subjective term, but let's use it for the consensus), it will be hailed as such. There is no agenda by the general audiences.

Old 04-03-2013, 05:22 AM   #109
SonicWarrior
Side-Kick

Quote:
It was close to the comics, but the design still took its own liberties from the comic books (such as the design of the spider). It was... IS an amazing costume.
I think the one from this movie looks even better though.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:22 AM   #110
CashforStash
Baned User (get it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AF3619 View Post
no set photos?
sigh* i´m going to sleep
Aha i love it when this happens.

Old 04-03-2013, 09:07 AM   #111
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
Not true. If it turns out to be "great" (which is a totally subjective term, but let's use it for the consensus), it will be hailed as such. There is no agenda by the general audiences.
In the end, if its good, audiences will still like it. Of course you still have people saying, "NO, its too soon!" or "Raimi's movies were better," etc.

Audiences seem to like the movie on RT (gave it 4/5 stars with 81% positive). Its higher than all the other Spider-Man movies, so...

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 04-03-2013, 09:19 AM   #112
Nicko-Ray
"On va voir."

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicWarrior View Post
I think the one from this movie looks even better though.
We have yet to see some footage first..but I love the TASM2 suit so far. The raimi suit is perfect in terms of icon, but a few nitpicks are the lenses, the thick silver webbing, and the fact that in between the lenses, theres no "web circle" lol. The TASM2 suit looks like it could be the best Spider-Man costume to date, ever haha. Some footage will make my final answer though.

Old 04-03-2013, 10:32 AM   #113
Drummerdude7
AAAAAHHHHHHHH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickoray View Post
We have yet to see some footage first..but I love the TASM2 suit so far. The raimi suit is perfect in terms of icon, but a few nitpicks are the lenses, the thick silver webbing, and the fact that in between the lenses, theres no "web circle" lol. The TASM2 suit looks like it could be the best Spider-Man costume to date, ever haha. Some footage will make my final answer though.
Yup. Just like the ASM suit, seeing it in action with proper lighting and etc. will be the true indicator.

P.S. Gianakin, screw you and your avvy for creeping me out in class. Damn Evil Dead. lol.

Old 04-03-2013, 11:16 AM   #114
Nicko-Ray
"On va voir."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drummerdude7 View Post
Yup. Just like the ASM suit, seeing it in action with proper lighting and etc. will be the true indicator.

P.S. Gianakin, screw you and your avvy for creeping me out in class. Damn Evil Dead. lol.
I might just be biased but it can't look bad. It's a Spider-Man movie, let alone NY's biggest film production, and I don't think those guys would let the suit pass as looking bad or ugly.

Old 04-03-2013, 12:26 PM   #115
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianakin_ View Post
Agreed. No matter how I feel about TAS-M, if the sequel is great, then critics and fans won't be blinded and call the series worthless or what have you. I know I'm hoping for the best with the sequel even if I didn't like the first. I've brought up a comparison with G.I. Joe: Retaliation and The Amazing Spider-Man 2 in that I hope I enjoy them far more than their previous installments, and I enjoyed Retaliation...now it's time for TAS-M 2.

Old 04-03-2013, 03:02 PM   #116
BobbyCorwin88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
If you want something as close as the comics you can get, sure, I guess I'll give you that. But being so darn close to the comics is something I would never try to ask for if a director wants to give his own spin, i.e. Nolan's TDK/R batsuit, the first TAS-M suit.
I could not agree more. The thing I liked about TASM suit was that it looked sort of perfectly imperfect. I wouldn't say they nailed it per-se, but the idea that it was his first attempt at a costume and that it was made from real world elements really did hit home. I like the fact that it looks relatively unfinished and that there are obvious rooms for improvement. That's why I never had much of an issue with the belt never connecting all the way, or the shoes. The leg stripes would be the only head-scratching thing I can think of, but even those looked pretty good when shot at the right angle.

I just hope there is some sort of transition from the old suit to the new one. I can see how Peter might want it to look a little more "friendly-neighborhood" rather than outlaw vigilante. Perhaps distance himself from the vigilante title that the police identified him with by using the old suit for reference?

Old 04-03-2013, 03:10 PM   #117
Alt-Josh
Prepare To Be Amazed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Agreed. No matter how I feel about TAS-M, if the sequel is great, then critics and fans won't be blinded and call the series worthless or what have you. I know I'm hoping for the best with the sequel even if I didn't like the first. I've brought up a comparison with G.I. Joe: Retaliation and The Amazing Spider-Man 2 in that I hope I enjoy them far more than their previous installments, and I enjoyed Retaliation...now it's time for TAS-M 2.
You enjoyed Retaliation?

Now I know for sure to disregard your opinion.

Old 04-03-2013, 04:41 PM   #118
Joe_Kickass
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johe View Post
You enjoyed Retaliation?

Now I know for sure to disregard your opinion.
Well you have to have your expectations to be set at a certain standard. I mean, the movie is based off of action figures, so it isn't exactly going to be Full Metal Jacket or SPR. I don't know about you guys but I HOPE there'll someday be a Max Steel movie lol

Old 04-03-2013, 06:15 PM   #119
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

Quote:
The Raimi Spider-Man suit is probably one of the best, if not THE best costumes ever designed in a comic book movie.
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA No.

Old 04-03-2013, 06:44 PM   #120
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

Spidey shooting one hour away from my house? COUNT ME THERE! I'm gonna see if I might be able to be an extra. Call up the Rochester film department, tell them I was in 'The Dark Knight Rises' (all of you have seen me without realizing it lol) and with that background in place - I'll probably be able to participate and get some friends in it as well. In possibly two superhero films before my career even takes me off? BEST YEAR EVER!

"If we are all united, we can take back our lives. While they stand divided, we can fight them and their laws. If we get up off our knees, we can show them that we are people. We can take back this "free" country! - Anti-Flag
Old 04-03-2013, 06:44 PM   #121
SonicWarrior
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickoray View Post
True... And I'm pretty anxious to see the costume in action as well. With the proper lighting and awesome stunts, it will probably be a more than amazing.

Old 04-03-2013, 06:45 PM   #122
SonicWarrior
Side-Kick

Talking Re: The Amazing Spider-Man 2 General Discussion - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA No.

Man, that suit is just too good

Old 04-03-2013, 06:49 PM   #123
AF3619
WOOO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicWarrior View Post
Man, that suit is just too good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimatehero View Post
Spidey shooting one hour away from my house? COUNT ME THERE! I'm gonna see if I might be able to be an extra. Call up the Rochester film department, tell them I was in 'The Dark Knight Rises' (all of you have seen me without realizing it lol) and with that background in place - I'll probably be able to participate and get some friends in it as well. In possibly two superhero films before my career even takes me off? BEST YEAR EVER!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

GOOO! please

-You want me to come there so you can kill me?
-YES
-I´ll be right there"

Last edited by AF3619; 04-03-2013 at 06:52 PM.
Old 04-03-2013, 06:52 PM   #124
Ultimatehero
Life is infinite

I'm going to call them up tomorrow. And keep calling until I can get the info. Around here not many films have needed extras -- that I was in TDKR, 90210, The Middle, Revenge, etc. has to count for something especially around these parts -- so I'll likely get in.

"If we are all united, we can take back our lives. While they stand divided, we can fight them and their laws. If we get up off our knees, we can show them that we are people. We can take back this "free" country! - Anti-Flag
Old 04-03-2013, 06:56 PM   #125
spider_shadow
Taking down the Rhinos!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimatehero View Post
I'm going to call them up tomorrow. And keep calling until I can get the info. Around here not many films have needed extras -- that I was in TDKR, 90210, The Middle, Revenge, etc. has to count for something especially around these parts -- so I'll likely get in.
Just curious,what scenes were you in?

Closed Thread