The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 02:44 PM   #251
ThePhantasm
Feedin' the Wampa

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The Zod halloween mask reminds me a bit of the Engineer's mask / helmet from Prometheus.

Just without the long snout / breathing apparatus on front.

Countdown to Mysterious Heroism | H.E.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:45 PM   #252
GreenKToo
In the fire

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

and sometimes he looks like a romulan ( top left pic )

Old 04-02-2013, 02:46 PM   #253
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
Oh save it.
How nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackMercy View Post
At one point they were thinking of casting Ben Kingsley as a Nosferatu-type alien Zod...

Maybe those toys where designed a long time ago then

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 04-02-2013, 02:47 PM   #254
DoomsdayApex
∆zrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
Here's how....I think the mask looks goofy.

If there is a mask in the movie, it can be great looking, terrible looking, or so so looking. But my opinion of the Halloween mask is that it looks goofy.
Yes, a mask that features no lighting and CGI or aka 'Movie Magic'. Let's be honest, the replicas and costumes rarely appear as attractive as they do on television and films.

The Halloween mask appears goofy. I, of course, agree with the sentiment because they all do.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ĎBatman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 04-02-2013, 02:50 PM   #255
ThePhantasm
Feedin' the Wampa

The mask might be terrible in the film, admittedly. But I doubt Zod will wear it long.

Old 04-02-2013, 02:51 PM   #256
gomez147
You're not just anyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
In fairness, I just really really think we need to get a proper idea of what the hell Zod is supposed to look like at different stages in this film...

I mean, from the toys we have these four looks:

It's not exactly consistent is it

So I guess at some point he has a beard, and at some point he doesn't? Sometimes he'll be in armour, sometimes he won't (hopefully armour on Krypton, no need for it on earth... which would also explain why he has a scar when he has the armour on). As for the white faced guy... who the hell knows
He does wear the armor on earth. Just look at the trailer scene when he's about to collide against Superman

Old 04-02-2013, 02:51 PM   #257
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.

Lol. But that said, I like it. Another.

TUUUU-TUUUU-TUUUUUUUUUUU...
Old 04-02-2013, 02:53 PM   #258
DoomsdayApex
∆zrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
The mask might be terrible in the film, admittedly. But I doubt Zod will wear it long.
I give the mask about five minutes of screen time.

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ĎBatman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Old 04-02-2013, 02:54 PM   #259
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomez147 View Post
He does wear the armor on earth. Just look at the trailer scene when he's about to collide against Superman
Yeah, you're right it does look like it.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 04-02-2013, 02:57 PM   #260
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Oh man do I wish the ****ing posters would just show up already.

2014 IS THE YEAR DC/WB DECIDED TO GET SERIOUS.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:59 PM   #261
Nemeres
Easy, miss. I've got you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
I've been seeing people in here for years making fun of that old script that had Superman fighting giant mechanical spiders....the giant mechanical spiders are the butts of million of jokes in the superman forums....but you know what...after watching Superman Returns and him fighting an island....I would welcome some giant mechanical spiders.
I don't get what the big deal is. He's fought monsters millions of times in the comics, and this wasn't an actual spider, but a monster who happened to be spider-ish, with several legs, and was called the Thanagarian snarebeast (GREAT name). It would have worked on the screen.

TUUUU-TUUUU-TUUUUUUUUUUU...
Old 04-02-2013, 03:01 PM   #262
ThePhantasm
Feedin' the Wampa

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Oh man do I wish the ****ing posters would just show up already.

Old 04-02-2013, 03:02 PM   #263
gomez147
You're not just anyone

Some time ago a man claimed to CBM to have seen some Concept Art from MOS, and I remember the way many people were doubtful of the veracity of the descriptions. (SPOILER ALERT)

The art was drawn by James Acheson who worked on Daredevil and Sam Raimi's Spier-Man as well as Michael Wilkinson who worked on 300 and Watchman. Check out the detailed description below, and final WARNING contains spoilers.

- Henry Cavill in Supes suit full body, and then a half body shot of cavill using the monochromatic suit possibly, the uncolored suit for some early test shot.
- Jor-El suit minus his armor full body, and Jor-El with his intricate Kryptonian battle suit with some rifle.
- Zod with complete suit with cape and rifle, Zod with his black undersuit full body and then Zod being shackled in neck and hand, connected.
- Zod's prison structure, called Black Zone, floating, also function as a transport kind of vehicle. Guards are patrolling the rooms inside the prison.
- an artwork of a specific scene showing the arrival of the Black Zone in the sky of Metropolis.
- Zod's using helmet and different armor when his first arrived on earth, possibly adjusting the air and all.
- Jor-El scout ship, who floated and landed in Artic i guess, consist of Supes Kryptonian suit inside. there's an artwork of the cockpit also.
- The design of Some sort of KEY to activate the ship that were shown in Comic Con.
- two designs of bad ass rifle and handgun courtesy of Planet Krypton
- a highly rendered art of Henry as Superman

Along with this info the poster gave some details about what General Zod's suit looks like. "From the picture that i saw, definitely dark, the same color with Faora's which is black," he describes. He also said that Zod's cape is normal on Krypton but torn and ravaged on earth. He also has a helmet that he wears that the user said looks like a combination of Stormtrooper and Engineer's helmet breathing apparatus from Prometheus. As far as Zod's crest you can expect it to have the same outer shape as the El's shield Jor-El's, the inside is swirls and basically it looks like a fat C shaped but facing the other way around.

Along with Zod's suit there is a was a piece of concept art of the Black Zone floating over alien terrain that the user believed to be Krypton. To bring this visual to life he said that it looked like a mixture of Deathstar surface and Hades landscape of Blade Runner.

As of today, several things have turned out to be true... Like the Zod shield and the such mask

Old 04-02-2013, 03:05 PM   #264
Travesty
TEOL

Hopefully Zod sounds like a muffled Sean Connery.

Old 04-02-2013, 03:06 PM   #265
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
We are discussing a halloween costume right now and toys...

Personally I have no problem with the mask/helmet thingy. It looks like alot of other mask/helmet thingies to me. I neither hate it nor love it at this point.

Old 04-02-2013, 03:09 PM   #266
ChickenScratch
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
D.J. Cotrona Dishes Details On His Superman Suit For Cancelled JUSTICE LEAGUE: MORTAL

Iíve heard about the Batman suit thatís going to be used for George Millerís Justice League and that it was this 7 foot ****ing monster. What was the Superman suit going to be like?

The version of Superman that we were going to build was incredible. We were very much leaning towards alien, you know, not like down and out Clark Kent, but a fully realized alien, alien god. This guy was always flying and the design of the suit was, there was very, very cool subtle details that were really cool, but tonally it was like a god, like the ultimate powerful god and the relationship between Batman and Superman that we were going to make in this movie was the one that I always wanted to see. Still do, still do, man. Itís a damn shame we didnít get to finish that one. Hopefully it will work out and Warners will be able to put it out eventually.

Source: http://www.cinemablend.com/new/G-I-J...-36714-p3.html

Why is it he says pretty much nothing in his answer? Lol
His powers of description must have gotten hit by Kryptonite because I've still got zero clue what the costume should look like. Another dumb Hollywood actor unable to express a full idea without a script helping him along.

Old 04-02-2013, 03:11 PM   #267
Kevin Smith
Banned User

"It doesn't matter who we are, Mr Kent, what matters is our plan!"

Am I at least the third Bane joke in this thread?

Old 04-02-2013, 03:15 PM   #268
DoomsdayApex
∆zrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
"It doesn't matter who we are, Mr Kent, what matters is our plan!"

Am I at least the third Bane joke in this thread?
I think so. I don't know how many were made before I got here.

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 04-02-2013, 03:17 PM   #269
protocida
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenScratch View Post
His powers of description must have gotten hit by Kryptonite because I've still got zero clue what the costume should look like. Another dumb Hollywood actor unable to express a full idea without a script helping him along.
You really are a blunde of joy, huh?

Old 04-02-2013, 03:17 PM   #270
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenScratch View Post
He was by far the blandest actor in Joe.

Granted he wasn't given much to do but he just seems like one of those super bland, blandly attractive actors that they will always cast in filler roles because that is all he is good at.

Old 04-02-2013, 03:22 PM   #271
GreenKToo
In the fire

anyone remember the tv show mask??

Old 04-02-2013, 03:24 PM   #272
Travesty
TEOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
anyone remember the tv show mask??

Yeah, I used to love it. I had the green motorcycle that turned into a helicopter, when I was a kid.

Old 04-02-2013, 03:24 PM   #273
Rowsdower!
THIS GUY

Haha, yes! I remember that show. This mask does kinda look like some of the ones those guys wore.

Old 04-02-2013, 03:26 PM   #274
GreenKToo
In the fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Haha, yes! I remember that show. This mask does kinda look like some of the ones those guys wore.
It's the eyes you know. The eyes of a killer..

Old 04-02-2013, 03:31 PM   #275
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I have no idea what a "Mask" is.

EDIT: I just saw that it ran on USA network from 85 to 86. Yeah it went off air when I was 2 so...thats why I had no clue.

Last edited by I SEE SPIDEY; 04-02-2013 at 03:36 PM.
Closed Thread