The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 03:36 PM   #276
DaRkVeNgeanCe
Godzilla is coming!!!

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Oh man do I wish the ****ing posters would just show up already.
Don't we all, it's almost like they're not coming at all.

SUMMER MOVIES - Captain America TWS 8/10 I The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5/10 I Godzilla 9/10 I X-Men: DOFP 9.5/10 I Maleficent 4/10 I Edge of Tomorrow 8.5/10 I 22 Jump Street 9/10 I Transformers 4 3/10
Old 04-02-2013, 03:38 PM   #277
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I know I sound like a broken record, but we'll get something either this week or the next, before CinemaCon.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 04-02-2013, 03:46 PM   #278
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

We're never getting anything. Not even a movie. We've all died and gone to some specific version of hell made for Superman fans!

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 04-02-2013, 03:46 PM   #279
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post
I know I sound like a broken record, but we'll get something either this week or the next, before CinemaCon.
EW MOS issue is a sure thing.

Old 04-02-2013, 03:47 PM   #280
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
We're never getting anything. Not even a movie. We've all died and gone to some specific version of hell made for Superman fans!

does.........Superman hell have Kara in it??

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 04-02-2013, 03:48 PM   #281
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:

Did you know Monsters University (the film that will make sure MOS is #1 only for a week) already has 8 character posters? Pacific Rim which comes out a month after has 5. Kick-Ass 2 (August) and Catching Fire (Out in November) also have a bunch. Even After Earth has two, a film that, if the Will Smith trend continues, will steal some of MOS's earnings. Hope this info makes you feel better!

Old 04-02-2013, 03:48 PM   #282
ChickenScratch
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by protocida View Post
You really are a blunde of joy, huh?
I don't know if I should be insulted or laugh at you. I choose to laugh since you take issue with my opinion of a third party. Be mad about my opinion, so mad you cannot spell.

Old 04-02-2013, 03:51 PM   #283
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I know we are getting the posters this month, I just wish we could get them now so people will stop talking about toys and halloween costumes as if those things are 100% representitive of how costumes will look on film with proper lighting and all that other magical movie stuff.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:55 PM   #284
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
does.........Superman hell have Kara in it??
No... just imagine the least attractive person to you that you can think of, put them in a Supergirl outfit, and that's what's here in our hell with us

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
Did you know Monsters University (the film that will make sure MOS is #1 only for a week) already has 8 character posters? Pacific Rim which comes out a month after has 5. Kick-Ass 2 (August) and Catching Fire (Out in November) also have a bunch. Even After Earth has two, a film that, if the Will Smith trend continues, will steal some of MOS's earnings. Hope this info makes you feel better!

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 04-02-2013, 04:02 PM   #285
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
I know we are getting the posters this month, I just wish we could get them now so people will stop talking about toys and halloween costumes as if those things are 100% representitive of how costumes will look on film with proper lighting and all that other magical movie stuff.
Agreed. I want all this silly "terrible marketing" and "box office bomb" talk to stop. It's incredibly repetitive, especially when we're getting stuff in the next week.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 04-02-2013, 04:05 PM   #286
gomez147
You're not just anyone

Quote:
EW MOS issue is a sure thing.
When does it come out?

Old 04-02-2013, 04:06 PM   #287
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomez147 View Post
When does it come out?
Middle of this month most likely.

INTERSTELLAR

Old 04-02-2013, 04:08 PM   #288
protocida
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickenScratch View Post
I don't know if I should be insulted or laugh at you. I choose to laugh since you take issue with my opinion of a third party. Be mad about my opinion, so mad you cannot spell.
I don't think I'm the one who's mad.

Also, honest advice, learn how to take a joke.

Old 04-02-2013, 04:09 PM   #289
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm sorry, but that mask made me LOL for a good few minutes.

I'm sure it'll look fine in the film though, and i'll get used to it
Thats what happened to me when I first saw Halle Berry's Catwoman costume.
Good Times!

Old 04-02-2013, 04:28 PM   #290
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
As the months wind down, you are bound to be true. For example, I can say a specific person is gonna die next week, I will be right eventually.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 04-02-2013, 04:36 PM   #291
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Agreed. I want all this silly "terrible marketing" and "box office bomb" talk to stop. It's incredibly repetitive, especially when we're getting stuff in the next week.
Its not that silly. Its a valid criticism.

I don't think MOS will be a bomb, but I think it could have a mediocre box office.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:39 PM   #292
DarthAlani
Side-Kick

WB is going to wait until the IM3 and Star Trek hype dies down. The middle of April at the earliest is when we will get something. But I have a feeling we will have to wait until the beginning of May.

Old 04-02-2013, 04:42 PM   #293
fake
Side-Kick

Quote:
So do you think MoS will be #2 or #3 on its second weekend? Will WWZ bomb or have a good weekend as much as or more than MoS second weekend?

Old 04-02-2013, 04:43 PM   #294
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

The Star Trek hype will still be building at that time... in fact it will be even more intense. The Iron Man 3 hype may still be around at that time if the film is good. It seems to me that the beginning of May would be the peak of the hype for those films, and the worst possible time to try to do a last-minute marketing blitz.

Its better to start early and build momentum.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 04-02-2013, 04:43 PM   #295
Rowsdower!
Infinity and beyond

Quote:
WB is going to wait until the IM3 and Star Trek hype dies down. The middle of April at the earliest is when we will get something. But I have a feeling we will have to wait until the beginning of May.
I don't really understand that strategy, if that is what they're doing. Do they think people aren't able to process the fact that multiple big budget movies come out in the summertime?

Jensen Ackles for Convenience Store Clerk #2
Old 04-02-2013, 04:44 PM   #296
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I don't really understand that strategy, if that is what they're doing. Do they think people aren't able to process the fact that multiple big budget movies come out in the summertime?
No, apparently people can only be excited about one movie at a time

Its one of those defending-WB's-marketing arguments that makes zero sense.

Old 04-02-2013, 04:47 PM   #297
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
As the months wind down, you are bound to be true. For example, I can say a specific person is gonna die next week, I will be right eventually.
That's kinda how I feel everytime I post that... just less morbid.

INTERSTELLAR

Old 04-02-2013, 04:54 PM   #298
DarthAlani
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
The Star Trek hype will still be building at that time... in fact it will be even more intense. The Iron Man 3 hype may still be around at that time if the film is good. It seems to me that the beginning of May would be the peak of the hype for those films, and the worst possible time to try to do a last-minute marketing blitz.

Its better to start early and build momentum.
I agree. WB needs to start marketing and it better be soon. Because if they wait to long they are going to get swamped.

Old 04-02-2013, 04:55 PM   #299
DarthAlani
Side-Kick

April 14 is 2 months before the film comes out. That should be the time we see a new trailer. But I doubt it, WB has their heads up their ass right now.

Old 04-02-2013, 04:59 PM   #300
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
A Halloween mask is supposed to be a "representation" of what will be in the movie. That means we know it isn't an exact replica...but it should be something that closely represents it. So....if someone sees the Halloween representation and does not like it...then they have a perfect right to say that they hope it isn't used much in the movie if that is what it will look like.

Get it?
I got it.

Closed Thread