The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 07:03 PM   #376
Showtime
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel View Post
• Zack Snyder COULD be Directing/Producing a David Goyer written Justice League movie for a July 2016 release.

• Warner Bros. has asked David Goyer for his take and story on the Justice League movie, and if he believes he can come up with something to rival Marvel's The Avengers then the gig is his to take.

• The preferred directing choice for the Justice League movie is Zack Snyder.

• Christopher Nolan producing/writing is unlikely; however, there is hope that he might be persuaded to overview the project in a similar capacity to Man of Steel.

• Will Beall's script appears to be locked away in Warner Bros. script warehouse like the Lost Ark in Indiana Jones.

• A Man of Steel sequel is expected for the following summer with a Batman reboot spinning off the Justice League movie. They will be taking pitches on that, which execs are adamant about being an Arkham Aslyum story loosely based on the video game of the same name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMaooz View Post
Source?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FilmNerdJamie View Post
Smells like the clowns at Cosmical Book News.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:03 PM   #377
Marvin
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
You hit the nail on the head. For me it never has been about the frequency of the marketing or the timing of the marketing...but what they are actually marketing.

The Dark Knight marketing was wrapped around The Joker.
The Dark Knight Rises featured Bane.

Although I am not even close to a fan of them using Zod in Man Of Steel, it is what it is, why not market the villain? Zod has some pop culture and internet awareness going for him. Use it.
I wonder how many people think this is another Luthor movie. Superman's only villain is Luthor as far as most people in cinema know. And that Meloni guy appearing in the trailers does look awfully bald. Maybe Superman shows up on earth and fights the army for the whole movie?
who knows.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:03 PM   #378
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

I'm still kinda fumed that the posters have been greenlit but have yet to be released. That's my only beef with the marketing thus far.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:04 PM   #379
Showtime
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
I'm still kinda fumed that the posters have been greenlit but have yet to be released. That's my only beef with the marketing thus far.
Well that happens all the time, they have a certain date when they want to drop them.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:04 PM   #380
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
wow, you really put that comparison to rest.
once and for all.
Perhaps a more accurate comparison would be Batman Begins, but I know no one want's to go there.
Now, i'm very tired and have been ill for the last few days, so forgive me if I missed any (there may be more), but these are some of the BB villain pics released long before where we are no in the game:

First pic of Henri Ducard - July 2004
First pics of fake Ras (Ken Watanabe) - August 03 2004
Another pic of fake Ras - October 2004
Henri Ducard and Bruce fighting on ice, Fake Ras and Bruce Sword fighting, Dr Crane - Feb 14th 2005

Quote:

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 04-02-2013, 07:07 PM   #381
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Well that happens all the time, they have a certain date when they want to drop them.
Late March would have made more sense than April, in my opinion.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 04-02-2013, 07:09 PM   #382
sup101
Side-Kick

This version of Zod looks to be a badass.WB is making a mistake by not fully showing it so far.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:11 PM   #383
FilmNerdJamie
We. Are. Hunter. RIDER!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Corky from The Facts of Life runs a better site.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:13 PM   #384
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Smells like the clowns at Cosmical Book News.
don't you mean comical book news?

and they probably are the same clowns

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 04-02-2013, 07:14 PM   #385
Showtime
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Corky from The Facts of Life runs a better site.
I see what you did there.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:15 PM   #386
FilmNerdJamie
We. Are. Hunter. RIDER!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
I see what you did there.
Still doesn't excuse not feeding that poor dog. Bastard.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:15 PM   #387
Kane52630
ANIMUS VOX

Quote:
• Zack Snyder COULD be Directing/Producing a David Goyer written Justice League movie for a July 2016 release.

• Warner Bros. has asked David Goyer for his take and story on the Justice League movie, and if he believes he can come up with something to rival Marvel's The Avengers then the gig is his to take.

• Christopher Nolan producing/writing is unlikely; however, there is hope that he might be persuaded to overview the project in a similar capacity to Man of Steel.

• Will Beall's script appears to be locked away in Warner Bros. script warehouse like the Lost Ark in Indiana Jones.

• A Man of Steel sequel is expected for the following summer with a Batman reboot spinning off the Justice League movie. They will be taking pitches on that, which execs are adamant about being an Arkham Aslyum story loosely based on the video game of the same name.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:18 PM   #388
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
It is seriously not 'about the same'.

Not to mention the fact we have no official image of Martha, Jonathon, Lara, Perry, Colonel Hardy or Faora (or any of the other cast)... we only have official pics of Superman, Lois, Jor-el and Zod.
Yep. MOS' marketing is far more restrained than even TDKR. Its really odd. I can't believe some are still defending this as being "normal" marketing. If you like this marketing strategy, fine, but for a film of this size and scope such restrained marketing is not at all normal.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:33 PM   #389
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

SUbject change
So is Amy Adams getting more screentime than Michael Shannon because she is billed right next to Cavill in the credits.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:34 PM   #390
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Billing order does not equate to screentime.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:42 PM   #391
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:

It's good to have a strong fantasy life .

Old 04-02-2013, 07:43 PM   #392
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Billing order does not equate to screentime.
Indeed. Marlon Brando and Gene Hackman were billed before Christopher Reeve and I don't think they got more screen time than he did. And I'm pretty certain that Kevin Spacey had more ST than Routh in SR despite the fact that Routh was billed before him.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:56 PM   #393
mohoo
Side-Kick

The Joker and Bane were the main focus of TDK and TDKR.

MoS is an Origin story where the villain plays a less major role.

In this story Zod might not be more important than Jor-El, the Kents or lois.

Anyway, we still have a whole two and a half months, which is too early to judge where the marketing is going.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:58 PM   #394
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

you mean the marketing is going somewhere?!?! I didn't notice

Old 04-02-2013, 08:02 PM   #395
mohoo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
you mean the marketing is going somewhere?!?! I didn't notice
That's why I said it's too early to judge.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:07 PM   #396
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohoo View Post
That's why I said it's too early to judge.
yeah I was being sarcastic....I fully expect marketing to kick in this month. I figured it would start up either mid-March or early April. I was sooooo wrong on the mid-March bit, so I'm hoping WB doesn't make me look like an ass and start marketing mid-April

Old 04-02-2013, 08:08 PM   #397
Showtime
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

I'm 10 pages in on a big Warner Bros Summer 2013 script.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:11 PM   #398
ThePowerCosmic
Straight Lording.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
Really? I think you're memory might be a bit off. These are all the official pics of Bane released up to April 2012.

Here are all the official pics of Zod released as of now:

It is seriously not 'about the same'.

Not to mention the fact we have no official image of Martha, Jonathon, Lara, Perry, Colonel Hardy or Faora (or any of the other cast)... we only have official pics of Superman, Lois, Jor-el and Zod.

That was for the third Batman movie, though.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:13 PM   #399
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
care to be a LITTLE more elaborate??? If it's Man of Steel I don't care to know. I don't wanna know everything there is to know about the movie. I wanna see the trailers, pics and that's it....and go in blind

Old 04-02-2013, 08:16 PM   #400
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Justice League?

Closed Thread