The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 01:46 PM   #576
Visceral
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

trailer with oblivion?

Someone on this message board had sex with my dog
Old 04-03-2013, 01:46 PM   #577
mad-sci
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The fact that a thread dedicated to any MOS topic has devolved into countless pages of arguments about the marketing....

The marketing!!!!!!!!!

Not the actors, director, writer, story, themes, audience reactions.....

...the marketing.

That is all we are arguing about.

Seriously?

Dedicated Superman fans, wanting the best film possible, and we are complaint about seeing a new poster or more pics? That's what we have focused on?

Really?

Old 04-03-2013, 01:47 PM   #578
Marvin
Side-Kick

I blame the marketing

I've personally not had a problem with the amount WB is releasing to be honest. I just think after 30 years of selling a type of superman, that the content in this marketing approach isn't going to yield the(my) desired results. I've said before that if SR didn't exist and perhaps last summers films didn't exist than this would have been a pretty solid way to go.
But as it stands, this campaign is making people that like superman like him more and people that don't like superman simply don't care.

That first teaser was so great, but really how great was it half a decade after Returns....omg he flew at the end.
Really the only reason people were probably talking about it is because it said From the director of TDK(R).

Old 04-03-2013, 01:51 PM   #579
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad-sci View Post
The fact that a thread dedicated to any MOS topic has devolved into countless pages of arguments about the marketing....

The marketing!!!!!!!!!

Not the actors, director, writer, story, themes, audience reactions

...the marketing.

Seriously?

Dedicated Superman fans, wanting the best film possible, and we are complaint about seeing a new poster or more pics? That's what we have focused on?

Really?
That is the thing, there is nothing to talk about. What else can be said about actors, directors, story, writing and theme without something new to talk about?

Audience reactions to what? There is nothing to react to.

Old 04-03-2013, 01:51 PM   #580
G.Godfrey
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:

The marketing!!!!!!!!!

Not the actors, director, writer, story, themes, audience reactions.....
All of that has been discussed in great detail over and over in the last 18 months since your last (and until recently only) post in the Man of Steel forums. Im sorry you weren't here to participate in those discussions.

Quote:
All that is left to talk about. And most people don't argue but provide valid criticism. But you always seem intent on turning it into arguing.

Old 04-03-2013, 01:52 PM   #581
Marvin
Side-Kick

considering what WB want's MoS to do and lead into I would hope they would start tricking the audience in thinking this is an event by way of...
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 04-03-2013, 01:55 PM   #582
sup101
Side-Kick

Y'all saying the same thing over and over everyday about marketing.

Old 04-03-2013, 01:56 PM   #583
G.Godfrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by sup101 View Post
Y'all saying the same thing over and over everyday about marketing.
Kind of like WB releasing the same pic over and over and Snyder/Goyer saying the same things in interviews over and over. It all fits!

Old 04-03-2013, 01:57 PM   #584
G.Godfrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visceral View Post
trailer with oblivion?
No, most likely with Iron Man 3's domestic release.

Old 04-03-2013, 01:57 PM   #585
mad-sci
Side-Kick

There is still SO much to discuss.

Will Clark Kent, with glasses, be in MOS?

If Zod isn't a villain, what's his motivation?

What is Lois Lanes role in MOS?

All better than marketing...

Old 04-03-2013, 02:00 PM   #586
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

it's not like there's really anything else to talk about........lol

there are character specific threads for people who want to discuss the characters. a trailer thread for the trailer. a costume thread.

this is the open discussion, talk about anything thread.

and right now....there really isn't much to talk about cept the lack of marketing.......

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 04-03-2013, 02:00 PM   #587
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:

I'm sure all that's been discussed eons ago...........

and, besides, I just posted a link to some toy descriptions that may contain some tidbits about the story.

Disney Lover and Proud!!

Last edited by X Knight; 04-03-2013 at 02:06 PM.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:03 PM   #588
Marvin
Side-Kick

What to avoid.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 04-03-2013, 02:06 PM   #589
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.

Quote:

1. Yes Clark will have his glasses. How much of a part will it play? IDK.
2. IDK
3. We know that Lois is looking for Clark and that she most liely knows his identity. She is on black zero with him too. There is definately going to be attraction because we've seen them kiss.

Old 04-03-2013, 02:06 PM   #590
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:

1. Yes, Clark will have glasses. We have known that since last summer.

2. Zod is a villain.

3. She is Superman's love interest and will work for the Daily Planet. At some point she is looking for Clark.

See, done to death.

Old 04-03-2013, 02:09 PM   #591
JimJimBinks
A friend

Quote:

Yes, there is all that are worth discussing. But And nobody is stopping anyone from discussing those things.
But we can also discuss how the silence on the marketing front isn't what we want to see right now.
After going into a movie theater yesterday I really feel like they need to get a different poster up in theaters soon because the one currently out there is not good all. When put next to other summer movies it looks dour and depressing (A complaint a lot of people had about Superman Returns)

" -Batman (Superman/Batman #3)
Old 04-03-2013, 02:22 PM   #592
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I'll be fine when the posters come out. I just hope they are better than the dreadful Wolverine posters.

It's Wed so I doubt that they are coming out this week but who knows, maybe I will be wrong?

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.

Last edited by I SEE SPIDEY; 04-03-2013 at 02:25 PM.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:38 PM   #593
fake
Side-Kick

Anyone know which script Showtime was reading yesterday and how was the script? All that was said was that it is a "WB Summer 2013" movie script.

Old 04-03-2013, 02:55 PM   #594
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
I'll be fine when the posters come out. I just hope they are better than the dreadful Wolverine posters.

It's Wed so I doubt that they are coming out this week but who knows, maybe I will be wrong?
I think a problem with the Wolverine of the X-Men universe is it looks like a jacked up Hugh Jack,an there's no costume, the only iconic thing is his blades and even they don't stand out like the S shield or the Bat symbol. Don't get me wrong I'm excited for Wolverine but I don't get hyped up when I see promo pics or posters like I do for Superman and other costumed heroes.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 04-03-2013, 02:57 PM   #595
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by fake View Post
Anyone know which script Showtime was reading yesterday and how was the script? All that was said was that it is a "WB Summer 2013" movie script.
Yeah he doesn't have to even say what it is I think him saying it here means it was the Man of Steel script, unless he's messing with us so all he has to do is say if its good or not

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 04-03-2013, 03:02 PM   #596
Rowsdower!
Mightiest Mortal?

I honestly couldn't care less about these posters. I just want to see some new footage.

Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Hair (2016)
Hair League for Men (2017)
Wonder Woman's Styling Tips (2018)
Hair of Steel 2 (2018)

The Dark Knight Glazes (2019)
Old 04-03-2013, 03:04 PM   #597
G.Godfrey

I don't think the posters will come out before the trailer anyway. Maybe a week earlier but even that I doubt. Funny it's already been a month since we were being told they would come any day now.

Old 04-03-2013, 03:06 PM   #598
G.Godfrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by fake View Post
Doubt it was MOS. I mean, how could he get his hands on the most guarded script on the planet? If he did, well, then that is some impressive James Bond s**t right there! Gotta be honest, I wouldn't read it even if I had the chance. Not when we're only two months away.

Old 04-03-2013, 03:10 PM   #599
Marvin
Side-Kick

I wouldn't read that script even if I got my hands on it. The last time I read Begin's script and to this day I have a grudge against Nolan for crushing my dreams.

Though Snyder is different I must say.

Old 04-03-2013, 03:20 PM   #600
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
I think a problem with the Wolverine of the X-Men universe is it looks like a jacked up Hugh Jack,an there's no costume, the only iconic thing is his blades and even they don't stand out like the S shield or the Bat symbol. Don't get me wrong I'm excited for Wolverine but I don't get hyped up when I see promo pics or posters like I do for Superman and other costumed heroes.
I thought the First Class posters were junk as well. I just think Fox allows lousy posters to be made for whatever reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
I honestly couldn't care less about these posters. I just want to see some new footage.
I agree with you but the poster thing is a middle ground thing for me. Personally I'd like some new stills over posters but it doesn't look like we are getting that so I'll be a good girl and settle for a couple of posters.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Closed Thread