The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2013, 07:38 PM   #776
Mean Mr Mustard
Mighty Pirate
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Santiago, Chile
Posts: 110
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Don't know if this has been posted before but, I was just watching the trailer and in that point where the scene switches from that close-up of clark's face (bearded, lifting something, mouth open) to that superman and zod going at each other in mid air.... if you go frame-by-frame, you can actually see zod uses the building to jump towards superman (you can even see the trail of dust he leaves behind him). This could mean Zod and Faora can't fly... maybe because they haven't been on earth as long as Superman?

Mean Mr Mustard is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 07:43 PM   #777
gomez147
You're not just anyone
 
gomez147's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 660
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excel View Post
I have to say, it is frustrating for me, thus far, that the villains receive such little press. Nobody knows who the hell Zod is. He really needs to be introduced to the public.

If they pass up the remainder of the NCAA tournament, I will be extremely displeased. The quality has been excellent, but the quantity is totally lacking.
Do you really think they're gonna release something?

gomez147 is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 07:45 PM   #778
gomez147
You're not just anyone
 
gomez147's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 660
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mean Mr Mustard View Post
Don't know if this has been posted before but, I was just watching the trailer and in that point where the scene switches from that close-up of clark's face (bearded, lifting something, mouth open) to that superman and zod going at each other in mid air.... if you go frame-by-frame, you can actually see zod uses the building to jump towards superman (you can even see the trail of dust he leaves behind him). This could mean Zod and Faora can't fly... maybe because they haven't been on earth as long as Superman?
I thought I was the only one who noticed that

gomez147 is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 07:50 PM   #779
Kane52630
Silver Shamrock User
 
Kane52630's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Skynet
Posts: 67,469
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norek View Post
Yeah, but this has always been and will always be. Reminds me of how people, even to this day, ever since the first X-Men film, ***** about Wolverine not having his yellow spandex costume. Like, seriousy? You really want to see Hugh Jackman walking around in that thing?..
I would totally want to see it.

__________________
THRILLER
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Kane52630 is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 07:57 PM   #780
Wheels
HR Supporter
 
Wheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Second City
Posts: 11,451
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The ending to Watchmen was easy enough to understand in that the squid was a device used to join the nations together and to end the threat of nuclear war. Just wish Moore woul've used something better than a giant squid.

__________________
CM Punk = Best In The World

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo
Wheels is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 08:01 PM   #781
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,420
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It's weeks like this where it becomes much more apparent that Warner Bros. really needs to release something new and substantial in order for us to have some fun and constructive thing to talk about.lol

herolee10 is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 08:15 PM   #782
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!
 
I SEE SPIDEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: In Superman's arms
Posts: 33,617
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norek View Post
Yeah, but this has always been and will always be. Reminds me of how people, even to this day, ever since the first X-Men film, ***** about Wolverine not having his yellow spandex costume. Like, seriousy? You really want to see Hugh Jackman walking around in that thing?..
That is unfair. I hate the X-Men costumes because they were totally lazy IMHO but I never advocated for yellow spandex. Costumes always have to be changed to look good on screen and looking good on screen doesn't include using spandex.

That line is awful and was an excuse for a lazy filmmaker to knock another design because the only thing him and his costume designers could come up with were black leather body suits so that they could copy Blade and more importantly The Matrix I believe.

Seriously, screw that line. Spider-Man and Iron Man did just fine at the box office and better than the X-films and their heroes wore colors and more comic accurate costumes. The costumes don't ruin the films for me but I don't like them and resent the implication that black leather suits were the only way to go.

And I still acknowlege that normal people don't give a damn about me disliking those costumes.

__________________
Come think with us:http://thinkmcflythink.squarespace.com/

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
I SEE SPIDEY is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 08:18 PM   #783
Marvin
Side-Kick
 
Marvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 16,501
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The quantity is fine, it's just the juice of what they have released is...just not very connecting.

Everyone knows Ironman, They know RDJ, they know Tony stark and that IM3 stuff is selling them what they like, right down to his voice. These MoS trailers all 2 of them have really given us nothing of anyone. 2 months away and I'm curious just how much more Cavil's(our lead) celebrity has grown. Certainly not form his captivating appearance in these buzz building trailers.

It's just one big mystery to the public right now. The first thing anyone see's of this big fast and furious movie, is the big recognized star talking to the other about big familiar and people start buzzing. Superman is just being played so low key. This is obviously deliberate. Mystery sells itself, but is it the right approach...

again, maybe things will change 1 month out.

__________________
1992's Universal soldier is my favorite Wolverine vs Sabretooth movie.
Marvin is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 08:24 PM   #784
The Batman
The Dark Knight
 
The Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 20,200
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
That is unfair. I hate the X-Men costumes because they were totally lazy IMHO but I never advocated for yellow spandex. Costumes always have to be changed to look good on screen and looking good on screen doesn't include using spandex.

That line is awful and was an excuse for a lazy filmmaker to knock another design because the only thing him and his costume designers could come up with were black leather body suits so that they could copy Blade and more importantly The Matrix I believe.

Seriously, screw that line. Spider-Man and Iron Man did just fine at the box office and better than the X-films and their heroes wore colors and more comic accurate costumes. The costumes don't ruin the films for me but I don't like them and resent the implication that black leather suits were the only way to go.

And I still acknowlege that normal people don't give a damn about me disliking those costumes.
The bolded is spot on. IMO, they didn't have to do Wolverine's costume, but most of the other X-Outfits could've been adapted for screen. I think people want to see the colorful outfits and big action, thats why Spidey and Iron Man are the most popular marvel characters of the past ten years. Grounding the X-Films made them credible, but if the films reminded people more of X-Men TAS, the movies be more successful than they are now.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
Welcome to the Batman v Superman forums, where people will take a perfectly reasonable comment you make and twist it into something completely different to make themselves feel better.
The Batman is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 08:35 PM   #785
GreenKToo
In the fire
 
GreenKToo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: In the fire.
Posts: 11,136
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It's a head scratcher. I like not knowing much of anything about MOS, but will the public like that, especially after the last Superman film pretty much caused a split amongst fans and non fans alike.

IMO, In order for the public to want to give mos a chance, they will need to be spoonfed the fact that this isn't a sequel to SR. So far, we aren't seeing WB do much to counter that notion, and like it or not, some do still think it's a sequel, and It's infuriating.

I don't see this opening huge, maybe 80/85 mill. Before, I was thinking 115/120 mill ( that's back when I thought we would have had several different posters and tv spots out by now )

I honestly think that if mos can make BB numbers, have great wom, and have the hunger for sequels like it did, then WB will be happy.

I'm at the point now where I just hope its what I want in a superman film. Hopefully it is, and ( fingers crossed ) it will make enough for more to be made.

__________________
''Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid.'' ~ John Wayne



Last edited by GreenKToo; 04-04-2013 at 08:38 PM.
GreenKToo is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 08:36 PM   #786
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!
 
I SEE SPIDEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: In Superman's arms
Posts: 33,617
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
The bolded is spot on. IMO, they didn't have to do Wolverine's costume, but most of the other X-Outfits could've been adapted for screen. I think people want to see the colorful outfits and big action, thats why Spidey and Iron Man are the most popular marvel characters of the past ten years. Grounding the X-Films made them credible, but if the films reminded people more of X-Men TAS, the movies be more successful than they are now.
Wolve's costume would have been the toughest to adapt forsure and I agree with your assesment of the box office numbers as I have been saying something similar for years. Of course the people who loved the films as is shouldn't care (I still like them mostly but I never loved them).

__________________
Come think with us:http://thinkmcflythink.squarespace.com/

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.

Last edited by I SEE SPIDEY; 04-04-2013 at 08:41 PM.
I SEE SPIDEY is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 08:36 PM   #787
Wheels
HR Supporter
 
Wheels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The Second City
Posts: 11,451
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I remember the first time I saw X-Men. I was disappointed that they didn't use the X-Men TAS theme.

__________________
CM Punk = Best In The World

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo
Wheels is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 08:45 PM   #788
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.
 
DoomsdayApex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Boynton Beach, FL
Posts: 14,975
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
The bolded is spot on. IMO, they didn't have to do Wolverine's costume, but most of the other X-Outfits could've been adapted for screen. I think people want to see the colorful outfits and big action, thats why Spidey and Iron Man are the most popular marvel characters of the past ten years. Grounding the X-Films made them credible, but if the films reminded people more of X-Men TAS, the movies be more successful than they are now.
Yes, because fantastical costumes sure compensated for Batman & Robin's quality and box office earnings. That's why Nolan's TDK Trilogy was moderately successful as well.

That's faulty logic. Giving Wolverine his original yellow suit wouldn't alter box office earnings towards the franchise. It's distributor is still 20th Century Fox.

__________________
Law is an instrument of commerce and often an obstruction to justice. It is a Court of Law, NOT of Justice.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)


Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."


Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
DoomsdayApex is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 08:47 PM   #789
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!
 
I SEE SPIDEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: In Superman's arms
Posts: 33,617
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I was too disappointed that the filmmakers didn't use the cartoon's theme but as a adult I eventually understood why they didn't. They deserved the freedom to do their own thing.

Just like this new Superman film should do it's own thing music wise because it's not connected to the previous films.

__________________
Come think with us:http://thinkmcflythink.squarespace.com/

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
I SEE SPIDEY is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 08:47 PM   #790
DarthAlani
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Death Star
Posts: 736
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excel View Post
I have to say, it is frustrating for me, thus far, that the villains receive such little press. Nobody knows who the hell Zod is. He really needs to be introduced to the public.

If they pass up the remainder of the NCAA tournament, I will be extremely displeased. The quality has been excellent, but the quantity is totally lacking.
Its becoming more obvious that WB will wait until the middle of April at the minimum to release anything new.

DarthAlani is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 08:51 PM   #791
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,420
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I wonder, if the film had started production with the mindset to release it in 2013 from the start, we would have had filming and production begin in 2012. If that were the case, maybe the wait for the film would have been much more easier and some of us wouldn't feel as restless as we are now regarding the momentum of this film's promotion.

herolee10 is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 08:52 PM   #792
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!
 
I SEE SPIDEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: In Superman's arms
Posts: 33,617
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

It's going to be interesting to see when the next trailer is released. Most think it's going to be released a few days before Oblivion and I think it's going to be released with Iron Man 3 (like all trailers a few days before IM3 online).

The sooner the better so I hope I'm wrong.

__________________
Come think with us:http://thinkmcflythink.squarespace.com/

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
I SEE SPIDEY is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 08:53 PM   #793
X Knight
Straight Edge Soul
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 10,103
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

well whatever they release better be damn good and worth it!! lol

no more Supes in handcuff.

it's time for powerful, majestic Supes. Bad ass Zod. Lois. Krypton. Bob. Something. ANYTHING!!

__________________
Straight Edge and Proud!!

Disney Lover and Proud!!
X Knight is online now  
Old 04-04-2013, 08:55 PM   #794
Mysteryman
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,426
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Not so sure The Marvel Girl outfit with the domino mask would translate well to the screen.

Mysteryman is online now  
Old 04-04-2013, 08:55 PM   #795
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,420
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
well whatever they release better be damn good and worth it!! lol

no more Supes in handcuff.

it's time for powerful, majestic Supes. Bad ass Zod. Lois. Krypton. Bob. Something. ANYTHING!!
Hell, if we can get a shot of Superman/Clark smiling once in the film itself would be nice. Every shot of him that's been released officially has had him with a serious or sad look on his face.

herolee10 is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 08:59 PM   #796
Zorex
No T, No Shade
 
Zorex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 5,916
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

CinemaCon does feel like the likeliest time to really kick off the campaign, 2 months in advance of the release date. Of course, that is more wishful thinking than it is informed opinion, but... here's hoping. They have to start putting more stuff out at some point, and with things like toys and the Carl's Jr promotions to begin later in the month, April looks more and more likely for a bunch of fun MOS stuff.

__________________
Go Forward.
Remember Where You Come From
Zorex is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 09:03 PM   #797
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!
 
I SEE SPIDEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: In Superman's arms
Posts: 33,617
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Hell, if we can get a shot of Superman/Clark smiling once in the film itself would be nice. Every shot of him that's been released officially has had him with a serious or sad look on his face.
Once Goyer and Nolan got involved I honestly expected a more broody Superman.

I'm not saying they changed him into Batman but I don't expect a lot of smiling and I totally don't see that happening in the trailers. Maybe T.V spots.

__________________
Come think with us:http://thinkmcflythink.squarespace.com/

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
I SEE SPIDEY is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 09:04 PM   #798
GreenKToo
In the fire
 
GreenKToo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: In the fire.
Posts: 11,136
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

For the next trailer, I Cant speak for anyone else, but I want to see supes and zod actually punch each other, if only just a quick shot of it.
A view of metropolis in ruins, with craters in the streets and holes in buildings. ( not the gravity beam shot, thats not what i'm looking for )
a shot of supes, zod, and fighter planes in a dogfight over SV.
a quick shot of krypton, from the outside, its landscape.
a sample of the score.
and end it with a shirt rip...or maybe just a tease of it. Clark is wearing a business suit. he reaches up and grabs it with both hands, and...fades to black.

__________________
''Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid.'' ~ John Wayne



Last edited by GreenKToo; 04-04-2013 at 09:09 PM.
GreenKToo is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 09:05 PM   #799
gomez147
You're not just anyone
 
gomez147's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 660
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I hope they release the character posters this weekend

gomez147 is offline  
Old 04-04-2013, 09:06 PM   #800
Showtime
The Night He Came Home
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Showtime's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Haddonfield
Posts: 41,422
Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
If he wanted to prove his acting chops...he's play Girl in Background #5.
Now wouldn't that be something?

__________________

Showtime is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:31 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.