The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 09:06 PM   #801
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenKToo View Post
For the next trailer, I Cant speak for anyone else, but I want to see supes and zod actually punch each other, if only just a quick shot of it.
A view of metropolis in ruins, with craters in the streets and holes in buildings.
a shot of supes, zod, and fighter planes in a dogfight over SV.
a quick shot of krypton, from the outside, its landscape.
a sample of the score.
and end it with a shirt rip...
That would be cool.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:12 PM   #802
Marvin
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

When WB announce a Wednesday release, that will be the sign that they are trying to save face(from a situation they may very well have created). I really hope this stays a friday release...but I have my doubts.

I can only imagine a bunch of people walking into theaters across America, seeing superman in handcuffs on that one poster with a new actor wonder what happened between Returns and this sequel and why they should even care.

Old 04-04-2013, 09:14 PM   #803
Simo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorex View Post
CinemaCon does feel like the likeliest time to really kick off the campaign, 2 months in advance of the release date. Of course, that is more wishful thinking than it is informed opinion, but... here's hoping. They have to start putting more stuff out at some point, and with things like toys and the Carl's Jr promotions to begin later in the month, April looks more and more likely for a bunch of fun MOS stuff.
Yeah I know we keep talking about CinemaCon and a possible trailer that week and I don't know...to me it seems like a likely scenario.

I was looking at stuff online tonight and found an article talking about Superman's 75th Anniversary and then I see the date....Action Comics #1 was published on April 18th, 1938. Well then I remembered what Warner Bros. and Peter Jackson did to celebrate The Hobbit's 75th anniversary last year which was a week long celebration, or Tolkien Week, and debuted new stills and a trailer among other activities.

Could WB do the same thing? Possibly get the ball rolling at the MTV Movie Awards with something that Sunday the 14th and then roll out those much rumoured character posters throughout the week with new stills and then finally a trailer released online, say Wednesday, with the CinemaCon presentation and then having the trailer attached on the big screen and IMAX with Oblivion that Friday on the 19th?

....Sounds like a hell of a coincidence of events but we'll see.

Old 04-04-2013, 09:16 PM   #804
Showtime
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

I don't think anybody will be worrying about a Returns sequel.

Old 04-04-2013, 09:20 PM   #805
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

Another day without anything. Boring.

Old 04-04-2013, 09:33 PM   #806
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
I don't think anybody will be worrying about a Returns sequel.
We know it's not a sequel, but with what has been shown to the GA in this campaign so far, MoS could very well be seen as a sequel. Superman heads heads to alaska after some incident, reflects and returns to the city. With some more smallville stuff thrown in there for good measure.

I personally just wanna see them start pushing the difference, somehow.

Old 04-04-2013, 09:44 PM   #807
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
The bolded is spot on. IMO, they didn't have to do Wolverine's costume, but most of the other X-Outfits could've been adapted for screen. I think people want to see the colorful outfits and big action, thats why Spidey and Iron Man are the most popular marvel characters of the past ten years. Grounding the X-Films made them credible, but if the films reminded people more of X-Men TAS, the movies be more successful than they are now.
The saturation of yellow usually used in the comics might be hokey, but a more muted yellow, almost mustard color might work. They can also alter the foundation of the suit by basing it instead on feudal samurai armor.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 04-04-2013, 09:49 PM   #808
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

I thought First Class put an end to the "yellow would look ridiculous onscreen" arguments.

Old 04-04-2013, 10:06 PM   #809
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Scout View Post
I thought First Class put an end to the "yellow would look ridiculous onscreen" arguments.
no...not really. Those suits looked ridiculous to me. Didn't even closely resemble the suits from the comics....fail

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 04-04-2013, 10:08 PM   #810
The Batman
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
The saturation of yellow usually used in the comics might be hokey, but a more muted yellow, almost mustard color might work. They can also alter the foundation of the suit by basing it instead on feudal samurai armor.
Mustard yellow or a more goldish hue would've worked...hell, they couldve even used Wolverine's Brown and Tan outfit if they wanted.

Old 04-04-2013, 10:09 PM   #811
Marvin
Side-Kick

Magneto looked awesome in the blue and yellow.

Old 04-04-2013, 10:12 PM   #812
Kevin Smith
Banned User

What happened between Superman Returns and MOS that has Superman in handcuffs? Easy. He not payin' his child support.

Old 04-04-2013, 10:14 PM   #813
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
What happened between Superman Returns and MOS that has Superman in handcuffs? Easy. He not payin' his child support.
Lois doesn't take jewels of ice as currency.

Old 04-04-2013, 10:14 PM   #814
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntMan View Post
The ending to Watchmen was easy enough to understand in that the squid was a device used to join the nations together and to end the threat of nuclear war. Just wish Moore woul've used something better than a giant squid.
Giant squid that looks alien. Greater threat to Earth from a whole other planet to end the chances of World War 3. It is a classic comic book move, and it was done by a wannabe superhero. That is important to a story about the "real world" equivalent to the Justice League/Avengers.

Old 04-04-2013, 10:18 PM   #815
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Giant squid that looks alien. Greater threat to Earth from a whole other planet to end the chances of World War 3. It is a classic comic book move, and it was done by a wannabe superhero. That is important to a story about the "real world" equivalent to the Justice League/Avengers.
And it makes more sense as "the biggest practical joke in human history". A 50's science fiction B-movie vagina monster. It's a joke!

Old 04-04-2013, 10:23 PM   #816
Stephen Harmon
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
lol

Old 04-04-2013, 10:41 PM   #817
Zorex
No T, No Shade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo View Post
I was looking at stuff online tonight and found an article talking about Superman's 75th Anniversary and then I see the date....Action Comics #1 was published on April 18th, 1938. Well then I remembered what Warner Bros. and Peter Jackson did to celebrate The Hobbit's 75th anniversary last year which was a week long celebration, or Tolkien Week, and debuted new stills and a trailer among other activities.

Could WB do the same thing? Possibly get the ball rolling at the MTV Movie Awards with something that Sunday the 14th and then roll out those much rumoured character posters throughout the week with new stills and then finally a trailer released online, say Wednesday, with the CinemaCon presentation and then having the trailer attached on the big screen and IMAX with Oblivion that Friday on the 19th?

....Sounds like a hell of a coincidence of events but we'll see.
Ohhhhhh, gurl! Nice detective work. That's a very happy thought to hope turns out true.

Old 04-04-2013, 11:00 PM   #818
Simo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorex View Post
Ohhhhhh, gurl! Nice detective work. That's a very happy thought to hope turns out true.
Yeah but it almost sounds too good. It could be what WB is waiting for though and makes the most sense to me but we'll see.

Old 04-04-2013, 11:21 PM   #819
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
no...not really. Those suits looked ridiculous to me. Didn't even closely resemble the suits from the comics....fail
I disagree. I thought they looked fantastic. I greatly preferred those over the leather outfits (which I never had a problem with either).

Old 04-04-2013, 11:27 PM   #820
Superherofan123
Side-Kick

Oh wow it would totally make sense for them to release the trailer on the 75th anniversary. I really hope thats their plan! I'm so pumped anyway...just over two months till the premiere!!!

Old 04-04-2013, 11:33 PM   #821
Simo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superherofan123 View Post
Oh wow it would totally make sense for them to release the trailer on the 75th anniversary. I really hope thats their plan! I'm so pumped anyway...just over two months till the premiere!!!
Absolutely! 75th Anniversary celebration all week with MOS content. Monday being new stills, Tuesday being CinemaCon and a set of posters, Wednesday the trailer is released online, Thursday another set of posters are released and then finally on Friday maybe another treat along with the trailer debuting on the big screen and IMAX with Oblivion.

Believe!!

..I hope.

Funny thing is that doing that all that week would kick start their marketing up given the following weeks you've got the Carl Jr TV commercials and MOS toys and books appearing.

Old 04-04-2013, 11:52 PM   #822
DaJanksta
Henry Cavill's chest hair

That would be awesome but I shall not get my hopes up. I do not want to be let down I'd rather be pleasantly surprised

Old 04-05-2013, 12:19 AM   #823
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Is WB smart enough to even know the 75th anniversary is incoming?

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 04-05-2013, 12:28 AM   #824
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Anything they do that coincides with any anniversary will probably just be a coincidence.

Old 04-05-2013, 12:28 AM   #825
Zorex
No T, No Shade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Is WB smart enough to even know the 75th anniversary is incoming?
They know.

Closed Thread