The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Walking Dead

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2013, 10:56 AM   #1
HighFivingMF
Welp.
 
HighFivingMF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Maryland
Posts: 13,870
Default The Walking Dead Season 4 Speculation.

There's a thread for villains next season, but couldn't find a general thread. So, let's get one rolling!

What comic characters do you think will be introduced? What characters do you think will be promoted to main cast, if any? Will Hershel sleep with any of the old folks? What will Beth sing? Will The Governor grow a beard? Will Martinez put his hat back on?

__________________
I like Ben Affleck.
HighFivingMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:21 PM   #2
spidey-dude
Y.N.W.A
 
spidey-dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: London/Manchester
Posts: 7,589
Default Re: The Walking Dead Season 4 Speculation.

Im hoping not too long is spent in the prison tbh, get the core group on the road asap, give us some canibal stalkers, some herds and then have them discover Alexandria Safe-Zone at the end of the series

__________________

▬▬~ஜ۩۞۩ஜ~▬▬
★ ★ ★ ★ ★


spidey-dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:41 PM   #3
Hotwire
Dealin' W/ Demons
 
Hotwire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 13,391
Default Re: The Walking Dead Season 4 Speculation.

I'm hoping for Abraham with his crew, and the Alexandria safe zone with its incompetent leadership.

Jesus would be fun to see, too.

Hotwire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:13 PM   #4
DeGenerate10
Br Ba
 
DeGenerate10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 3,481
Default Re: The Walking Dead Season 4 Speculation.

One things for sure that the Governor cant fill be the villain for all 16 episodes. I'd have him destroy the prison at midseason finale and kill the old Woodbury people.

__________________
Woodrow Wilson? Willy Wonka? ... Walter White?
DeGenerate10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:32 PM   #5
JJJ's Ulcer
Old, cigar chompin' grump
 
JJJ's Ulcer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: The pit of J Jonah Jameson's stomach.
Posts: 10,950
Default Re: The Walking Dead Season 4 Speculation.

The Governor will probably stand in for Negan in season 5 and follow the current comic arcs. I don't think Guv will be in 4. They'll give him a season break like Merle so they can tease viewers about where he is and get them excited about his eventual return.

JJJ's Ulcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:21 PM   #6
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick
 
Infinity9999x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 9,453
Default Re: The Walking Dead Season 4 Speculation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ's Ulcer View Post
The Governor will probably stand in for Negan in season 5 and follow the current comic arcs. I don't think Guv will be in 4. They'll give him a season break like Merle so they can tease viewers about where he is and get them excited about his eventual return.
I'd be cool with that. Negan kind of felt like a re-hash of the Governor to me anyways, albeit a Governor that's slightly more in control of his mental capacities. I would be completely cool with leaving the Governor out of S4 completely and bringing him back for S5.

__________________


my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
here
just scoll down


X-men Short film:

http://vimeo.com/41530049
Infinity9999x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 07:12 PM   #7
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator
 
danoyse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hooked on a feeling.
Posts: 22,802
Default Re: The Walking Dead Season 4 Speculation.

I hope one of the survivors of the Woodbury group is related somehow to the kid Carl shot, just so Carl can see the other part of what he did, and understand that there are consequences.

__________________
"You change the world when you change your mind.
danoyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:28 PM   #8
GoldGoblin
Side-Kick
 
GoldGoblin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: California(The Golden State)
Posts: 14,479
Default Re: The Walking Dead Season 4 Speculation.

Shane's brother enters the show.

__________________
Cast Kevin Durand for Venom!
GoldGoblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:31 PM   #9
ShredderX
Side-Kick
 
ShredderX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Montgomery/Atlanta
Posts: 1,016
Default Re: The Walking Dead Season 4 Speculation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
I hope one of the survivors of the Woodbury group is related somehow to the kid Carl shot, just so Carl can see the other part of what he did, and understand that there are consequences.
You're talking about a kid who had to bust a cap in his mom, and his dad's best friend. I doubt he'd loose any sleep over it. " He should've dropped the gun..... " will probably be his response.

ShredderX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:41 PM   #10
Lantern Venom
No, I will NOT "Imagine"
 
Lantern Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: With YOUR MOM
Posts: 6,319
Default Re: The Walking Dead Season 4 Speculation.

I'm wondering if we'll get a love triangle with Carol, Daryl, and Tyreese?

I'm expecting some in-fighting over rations as well. The Woodbury people looked old for the most part (probably not willing or able to fight) and will certainly mean an increased need for food and medicine in the prison.

Someone will kick Rick's butt, but you already knew that.

__________________
I know that I've been lacking in my Topher bashing lately. For that, I sincerely apologize. Remember, I'm always here for your Topher bashing needs, day or night.
Lantern Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:51 PM   #11
Blake II
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 213
Default Re: The Walking Dead Season 4 Speculation.

So Rick took in a bunch of old and sick people to the prison, a bus armed with aluminum foiling, and maybe a couple supplies from woodbury.

I got to ask, why? Why didn't they take one of the couple army vehicles packed with weapons on the street? Why did they take in the elderly and weak people into their prison? This show just seems more pathetic than what it has already been. Governor killing his whole squad, not showing Andrea blowing her head off, killing off Merle, having Carl punk his own dad, etc...

For season 4 I just hope that if the Governor is still the main antagonist he captures the whole prison gang, cuts off Rick's hand, rapes and tortures michonne, kills of Hershel or Julie or Maggie, and that they finally introduce Lily so that the governor forces her to kill judith and in turn making Lily kill the governor.

Blake II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:55 PM   #12
Lantern Venom
No, I will NOT "Imagine"
 
Lantern Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: With YOUR MOM
Posts: 6,319
Default Re: The Walking Dead Season 4 Speculation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake II View Post
So Rick took in a bunch of old and sick people to the prison, a bus armed with aluminum foiling, and maybe a couple supplies from woodbury.

I got to ask, why? Why didn't they take one of the couple army vehicles packed with weapons on the street? Why did they take in the elderly and weak people into their prison? .
Andrew Lincoln said it's Rick's job, as a sheriff and a father, to reintroduce the sense of civilization.

__________________
I know that I've been lacking in my Topher bashing lately. For that, I sincerely apologize. Remember, I'm always here for your Topher bashing needs, day or night.

Last edited by Lantern Venom; 04-02-2013 at 04:21 AM.
Lantern Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:10 AM   #13
Blake II
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 213
Default Re: The Walking Dead Season 4 Speculation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar Predator View Post
Andrew Lincoln said it's Rick's job, as a sheriff and a father, to reintroduce the sense of civilzation.
Well to me, and others, it seems like he's doing a poor job at it.

Blake II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:29 AM   #14
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious
 
LibidoLoca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 13,704
Default Re: The Walking Dead Season 4 Speculation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
I hope one of the survivors of the Woodbury group is related somehow to the kid Carl shot, just so Carl can see the other part of what he did, and understand that there are consequences.
Wasn't he Karen's kid or at least Karen knew him?

__________________
BRYAN SINGER | ZACK SNYDER | JOSS WHEDON
APOCALYPSE | DAWN OF JUSTICE | AGE OF ULTRON
*\S/T*
LibidoLoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:36 AM   #15
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!
 
Sawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 68,319
Default Re: The Walking Dead Season 4 Speculation.

Different kid, I think.

__________________
Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 12:54 AM   #16
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Schlosser85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 18,665
Default Re: The Walking Dead Season 4 Speculation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ's Ulcer View Post
The Governor will probably stand in for Negan in season 5 and follow the current comic arcs. I don't think Guv will be in 4. They'll give him a season break like Merle so they can tease viewers about where he is and get them excited about his eventual return.
I don't see how David Morrissey would be signed as a regular for Season 4 if he wasn't going to be in it at all.

__________________
Quote:
In the rain the pavement shines like silver
All the lights are misty in the river
...


Two wrongs just make something more wrong.


Movie Review Site:
Schlosser85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 04:34 AM   #17
Lantern Venom
No, I will NOT "Imagine"
 
Lantern Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: With YOUR MOM
Posts: 6,319
Default Re: The Walking Dead Season 4 Speculation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake II View Post
Well to me, and others, it seems like he's doing a poor job at it.
He's begun to see what effect his "Ricktatorship" has had on Carl. He's just starting to understand that if he does things like give Michonne to the Governor or leave defenseless people at Woodbury, he's sacrificing his humanity, and teaching Carl to do the same.

The Governor slaughtered his own people, then we see Rick taking in the ones who are left. The recent episodes have showed him struggling with his past actions and possibly seeing himself becoming like the Governor if he didn't turn himself around. That's why he gave the speech last week and made the gesture of compassion this week with Woodbury.

That's solid character development. I'm not sure what you think is so weak about the show's main protagonist having a moral crisis and trying to return to the ethical code he upheld prior to the apocalypse.

__________________
I know that I've been lacking in my Topher bashing lately. For that, I sincerely apologize. Remember, I'm always here for your Topher bashing needs, day or night.
Lantern Venom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:39 AM   #18
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator
 
danoyse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hooked on a feeling.
Posts: 22,802
Default Re: The Walking Dead Season 4 Speculation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredderX View Post
You're talking about a kid who had to bust a cap in his mom, and his dad's best friend. I doubt he'd loose any sleep over it. " He should've dropped the gun..... " will probably be his response.
He shot his mom because she was dying, and he killed his dad's best friend because he was a walker. Huge difference between that and killing a living person, especially when it would always leave the question of whether or not the kid was going to surrender. Carl just no longer cares about those questions, and that's his problem.

You saw it in "Clear," after he shot Morgan. Rick understood right away that it was the first time Carl had shot a living person (and no, Lori was dying, so that wasn't the same thing), and asked Carl if he was OK, assuming Carl had also realized what he'd just done. Carl didn't even understand why Rick had asked.

He's not seeing the difference between walkers and people anymore, and that's scary.

__________________
"You change the world when you change your mind.
danoyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:03 AM   #19
Schlosser85
SHH! Global Moderator
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Schlosser85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 18,665
Default Re: The Walking Dead Season 4 Speculation.

When Carl shot the Woodbury boy, somewhere, Shane was nodding proudly.

__________________
Quote:
In the rain the pavement shines like silver
All the lights are misty in the river
...


Two wrongs just make something more wrong.


Movie Review Site:
Schlosser85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:15 AM   #20
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives
 
Rowsdower!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: An empty stadium
Posts: 15,751
Default Re: The Walking Dead Season 4 Speculation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar Predator View Post
He's begun to see what effect his "Ricktatorship" has had on Carl. He's just starting to understand that if he does things like give Michonne to the Governor or leave defenseless people at Woodbury, he's sacrificing his humanity, and teaching Carl to do the same.

The Governor slaughtered his own people, then we see Rick taking in the ones who are left. The recent episodes have showed him struggling with his past actions and possibly seeing himself becoming like the Governor if he didn't turn himself around. That's why he gave the speech last week and made the gesture of compassion this week with Woodbury.

That's solid character development. I'm not sure what you think is so weak about the show's main protagonist having a moral crisis and trying to return to the ethical code he upheld prior to the apocalypse.
Totally agree. I wonder what some people expect from this show when they watch it. IMO, this entire season has been fantastic.

__________________
Jacksonville Jaguars 2014 - The Road to 0-16
Rowsdower! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:48 AM   #21
Donut
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 14,292
Default Re: The Walking Dead Season 4 Speculation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlosser85 View Post
When Carl shot the Woodbury boy, somewhere, Shane was nodding proudly.
Shane was singing & dancing to

"You can kill him if you really want" The Governor style. When Carl shot him

Donut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:50 AM   #22
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator
 
danoyse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Hooked on a feeling.
Posts: 22,802
Default Re: The Walking Dead Season 4 Speculation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
Wasn't he Karen's kid or at least Karen knew him?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Different kid, I think.
Yeah, that kid's name was Noah. According to Talking Dead's In Memoriam sketch, the kid Carl shot was named Jody.

__________________
"You change the world when you change your mind.
danoyse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:51 AM   #23
Rowsdower!
Jaguaring Lives
 
Rowsdower!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: An empty stadium
Posts: 15,751
Default Re: The Walking Dead Season 4 Speculation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut View Post
Shane was singing & dancing to

"You can kill him if you really want" The Governor style. When Carl shot him
Hahaha

__________________
Jacksonville Jaguars 2014 - The Road to 0-16
Rowsdower! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 08:08 PM   #24
vindrow
Cipher Pol 9
 
vindrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Seabody Archipelago
Posts: 2,753
Default Re: The Walking Dead Season 4 Speculation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Totally agree. I wonder what some people expect from this show when they watch it. IMO, this entire season has been fantastic.

Some people want it to follow the comic exactly.

__________________
Pittsburgh Steelers: 6 Time Superbowl Champs
Fan since 1972


I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations...and you're not in this world to live up to mine. - Bruce Lee
vindrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:54 PM   #25
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!
 
Sawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 68,319
Default Re: The Walking Dead Season 4 Speculation.

The finale this year was riddled with flaws, but overall, this has been the best season so far, and I don't agree with alot of the things most folks complain about.

__________________
Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:50 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.