Fixed.

Kevin Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:32 PM   #28
milost
Banned User

Default Re: Burton/Schumacher's Batman vs Christopher Nolan's Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
When you sub-categorize em to play against each other you have to do it right.

It's not like Anno could have made three poll options. Oh . . . wait.

milost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 07:44 PM   #29
Kevin Smith
Banned User

One thing though....forgot to add about Bane in TDKR. Bane in B & R gets much deserved hate, even though the character in the comics is far from Batman's greatest adversary and is a low rent mucha lucha in comparison to any of the classic Batman villains, IMO, but in TDKR the two things that bug me most about him is that mask - how's a big guy like that even eat and drink if he can't have the mask off at all without being in "intense pain" even for a second? It's stupid. Makes no sense. Faulty logic on Nolan's part. The venom in the comic at least made sense. Then secondly, he's essentially Talia's big henchman all along we find out at the end. What the hell. He does everything for Talia because he's some lovesick puppy that Talia rejected? Kinda taints the whole thing in a way.

Nolan's Bane was a far cry from the Bane of the comics. Tom Hardy is also like 5 inches shorter than Christian Bale, LOL. I really realize how small he is in still pictures. But It was entertaining in its own way. I'd have rather have seen the Penguin or the Riddler done right.

That said, I loved when Catwoman took Bane out with the bat bike. Thought that was awesome.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:47 PM   #30
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by milost View Post
Yeah...I don't think it would have been too hard, and I'm sure the majority of Batman fans would have preferred that.

Some people are bigger Nolan fans than they are Batman though.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:49 PM   #31
milost
Banned User

I dislike both Banes. The Batman and Robin one (or Burton Bane as I like to call him) is horrible garbage but the TDKR one isn't much better. The ability to speak and give speeches does not make one intelligent.

This is a rare instance where the comic counterpart of a character is still the superior version.

Quote:
Yeah...I don't think it would have been too hard, and I'm sure the majority of Batmy.an fans would have preferred that.

Or a . . . minority depends on the "bat fan".

Old 04-02-2013, 07:54 PM   #32
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
I dislike both Banes.

The Batman and Robin one (or Burton Bane as I like to call him)

Quote:
is horrible garbage but the TDKR one isn't much better. The ability to speak and give speeches does not make one intelligent.

This is a rare instance where the comic counterpart of a character is still the superior version.
Agreed.

Last edited by Kevin Smith; 04-02-2013 at 08:02 PM.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:57 PM   #33
Kevin Smith
Banned User

....I'm going to stop posting in this thread now in hope that it dies (unless something happens directed at me or my posts of course...and even then, begrudgingly).

Last edited by Kevin Smith; 04-03-2013 at 12:35 AM.
Old 04-02-2013, 09:00 PM   #34
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Fixed.
Nah, you really didn't fix it, but think what you want, bud, lol.

Quote:
There's no point in separating four films just because they had two different directors when they're in the same universe.

I guess you and Kevin Smith also think that X3 isn't related to X1 or X2 at all and now Days of Future Past has no relation to First Class

Quote:
....I'm going to stop posting in this thread now in hope that it dies (unless something happens directed at me or my posts of course...and even then, begrudgingly).
Oh, please do. That will be fantastic.

I am glad people are just voting and not bothering with you. That's lovely.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 09:59 PM   #35
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Aaaand here I am, begrudgingly....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
Nah, you really didn't fix it, but think what you want, bud, lol.
I'm not your bud, guy.

Quote:
There's no point in separating four films just because they had two different directors when they're in the same universe.

I guess you and Kevin Smith also think that X3 isn't related to X1 or X2 at all and now Days of Future Past has no relation to First Class
Hardly the same universe. Tommy Lee Jones as Two Face, new Gotham, new batmobile, new batsuit, the only similarities between the Burton and Schumacher films are Michael Gough as Alfred and Pat Hingle as Commissioner Gordon, and that is where it ends. Not comparable to X3 at all.

Quote:
Oh, please do. That will be fantastic.
You rang?

Quote:
I am glad people are just voting and not bothering with you. That's lovely.
You have all your sheeple here at the site to take advantage of, I'm sure it's very lovely to you.

You're welcome for the bump, btw.

Last edited by Kevin Smith; 04-02-2013 at 10:07 PM.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:50 PM   #36
Anno_Domini
Banned User

So...you say you'll stop visiting, but you're back?

And...can I call you dude then if not bud?

And a change up of characters isn't really a problem to you, now is it? Billy Dee Williams was set on returning, and so was Keaton but things changed...if they had returned and Schumacher was still the director, would you continue to say Batman Forever isn't the same continuity? Lol.

Plus, I didn't need a bump, really, but okay...me and the "sheeple" here thank you

Last edited by Anno_Domini; 04-02-2013 at 11:17 PM.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:00 AM   #37
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
So...you say you'll stop visiting, but you're back?
Well, I don't mean to toot my own horn but uh....

Quote:
The parentheses was, of course, the fine print in case you did not catch that. You sir keep rubbing the lamp, thus my reappearance....begrudgingly.

Quote:
And...can I call you dude then if not bud?
I'm not your dude, guy!

Quote:
And a change up of characters isn't really a problem to you, now is it? Billy Dee Williams was set on returning, and so was Keaton but things changed...if they had returned and Schumacher was still the director, would you continue to say Batman Forever isn't the same continuity? Lol.
Characters? Don't you mean actors? Derp. And are we going to talk hypotheticals now? If Ledger had lived and returned for TDKR, would it have been a better Batman movie? Would it have at least been more entertaining? I think yes. As soon as Burton left, everything else went with him sans Gough and Hingle, and it became "Schumacher's world". Schumacher didn't want Billy Dee Williams as Two Face, and apparently preferred a CGI crapfest over Anton Furst's beautiful sets and Gotham designs, that ugly spiked thing over the sleek piece of glory that is the 89 (REAL) batmobile, et all, so yeah, very much not a continuation of Burton's flicks. They're about as closely knit as the James Bond films pre Craig are as far as "continuity" is concerned.

Quote:
Plus, I didn't need a bump, really, but okay...me and the "sheeple" here thank you
Well surely you don't want your biased poll to be lost in the annals of threaddom, now do you? Especially this early on in the game! If I hadn't such zeal for the Burton film, your thread would be at least a page shorter as well as lacking plenty o' viewings, which means less potential participation in your jerry-rigged poll.

But nooo...every time I comment, I ironically send it right to the top, garnishing you more views. I'm it's biggest detractor yet it's biggest contributor. How do you figure that? So long as you drop the tit and I drop the tat, methinks that will end very shortly then. Ball's in your court, dude.

Last edited by Kevin Smith; 04-03-2013 at 01:06 AM.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:07 AM   #38
Rorschach2012
$

Nolans films are better in terms of quality. But they didn't make me feel the way the Schumacher and Burton films did when I was a little kid. I'll always have a place in my heart for those films. i was 11 when Begins came out, and while I loved it, it didn't instill the sense of wonder that Batman Forever did when I was a kid.

those Schumacher movies were definitely made for kids, and they're not as quality as Nolan's are but for nostalgic purposes I chose those movies. Because I cherish them so much for how they made me feel when I was a kid, not on how they hold up against critics.

I'm a massive fan of Nolan, those movies are perfect. I love every single one, but something about those originals makes me feel like a kid again. Nostalgia.

I love the soundtrack for the original Burton and Schumacher movies so much more than Nolans.

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:00 AM   #39
titansupes
Side-Kick

The Dark Knight Rises/The Dark Knight
Batman Begins

Batman Returns
Batman
Batman Forever
Batman & Robin

titansupes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 07:35 AM   #40
regwec
Shakespearo

Quote:
WHY is the name BURTON even there with Schumacher??? They're as different as "Nolan/Schumacher".
Yep, this thread is invalid, and clearly a weak attempt to provoke.

/close.

Edit: I just want to let anyone who voted on this poll, without intending some sort of irony, know that I have no respect for them.

Old 04-03-2013, 07:39 AM   #41
Johnny Drama
Sex Panther

This should really be a 3 piece poll. Having to choose between Nolan and Burton/Scumacher is like having to choose between "Winning a million dollars OR Winning 10 Billion then dying of cancer"

Old 04-03-2013, 09:14 AM   #42
milost
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post

/close.

Edit: I just want to let anyone who voted on this poll, without intending some sort of irony, know that I have no respect for them.

Yeah pretty much. It's just a poll though, pretty harmless.

Sort of funny how I was accused of doing the same thing in the TDKR section with my "Joker vs Bane" poll, by the OP no less, then we get this. Fair is fair though.

Old 04-03-2013, 10:27 AM   #43
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:

/close.

Oh noooooooooo! a dork on the internet talking about superheroes has no respect for me, I'm so sad!
Alright cool guy

Old 04-03-2013, 10:34 AM   #44
regwec
Shakespearo

Self hatred isn't healthy.

Good luck with the World's Finest movie.

Old 04-03-2013, 11:53 AM   #45
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Self hatred isn't healthy.

Good luck with the World's Finest movie.
Dude.. so passive aggressive. Did I hurt your feelings?

Thanks though I really hope it happens, it'd be a better plan than Justice League. World's Finest, Heaven Sent, Sandman, Flash, Wonder Woman, then Justice League. In a perfect world. But yeah...Nolans Batfilms are higher quality, but in terms of nostalgia,the Burton films all the way.

If this thread is so beneath you regwick why waste your precious time?

Old 04-03-2013, 12:25 PM   #46
Rocanrol
Psiconautiq

Old 04-03-2013, 12:27 PM   #47
Rorschach2012
$

i lold. I agree. We're all a bunch of dorks anyways.

Old 04-03-2013, 12:40 PM   #48
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Thanks to everyone who has voted and hasn't made a fuss!

Quote:
Well, I don't mean to toot my own horn but uh....

The parentheses was, of course, the fine print in case you did not catch that. You sir keep rubbing the lamp, thus my reappearance....begrudgingly.
As you can tell, I didn't really pay attention to your posts. I kinda just quit doing that after a while, so you're not really tooting your own horn. But think what you want!

I'm...not...Canadian!!!!!

Quote:
Characters? Don't you mean actors? Derp. And are we going to talk hypotheticals now? If Ledger had lived and returned for TDKR, would it have been a better Batman movie? Would it have at least been more entertaining? I think yes. As soon as Burton left, everything else went with him sans Gough and Hingle, and it became "Schumacher's world". Schumacher didn't want Billy Dee Williams as Two Face, and apparently preferred a CGI crapfest over Anton Furst's beautiful sets and Gotham designs, that ugly spiked thing over the sleek piece of glory that is the 89 (REAL) batmobile, et all, so yeah, very much not a continuation of Burton's flicks. They're about as closely knit as the James Bond films pre Craig are as far as "continuity" is concerned.
Ahh, actors. Whoops

Anywho, it's still the same continuity. You can say what you want, but it's the same continuity, lol.

Quote:
Well surely you don't want your biased poll to be lost in the annals of threaddom, now do you? Especially this early on in the game! If I hadn't such zeal for the Burton film, your thread would be at least a page shorter as well as lacking plenty o' viewings, which means less potential participation in your jerry-rigged poll.

But nooo...every time I comment, I ironically send it right to the top, garnishing you more views. I'm it's biggest detractor yet it's biggest contributor. How do you figure that? So long as you drop the tit and I drop the tat, methinks that will end very shortly then. Ball's in your court, dude.
I care about getting votes than rather some very annoying poster getting into a fuss over the fact that the poll isn't the way said annoying poster wants it.

Quote:
You have no respect for guys like The Joker who voted? You should go tell him that

Old 04-03-2013, 12:41 PM   #49
Bowie
Banned User

I love the Burton films and the Nolan films. /end

Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 12:47 PM   #50
Victarion
Cut

What I liked from Burton:

Gotham in both films; the city felt more massive and fantastic than Nolan's, but not as silly as Schumacher's.

Penguin and Catwoman: I especially liked his reinvention of the Penguin as more a freak mob boss than simply another mundane mobster. Until TDKR, I preferred his Catwoman over her comic counterpart.

Bruce's character in Batman Returns.

What I liked from Nolan:

His villain choices. I would've never known about the Al Ghuls, Scarecrow, or a proper Bane without Nolan's series.

The unified feel of the trilogy: where BB and TDK feel very separate, TDKR did an excellent job of tying them together without become repetitive.

Bruce's character arc: Especially in TDK and TDKR; people say TDK is Joker's film. It's Bruce's film. The reason we don't see Bruce all that much is because he is the master schemer of this film. Maneuvering Dent to take his place, trying to set himself up with Rachel, kicking his crusade into overdrive to end it. As for TDKR, I felt like I could relate to Bruce's state at the beginning of the film; the resolution of his arc still brings a tear to my eye.

Bane: Hands down my favorite Batman villain now. I liked his prequel comic in the Knightfall GN, but didn't care for his role in the actual Knightfall story aside from breaking Batman. I hope to see more writers experimenting with Bane in the comics.

Catwoman: I liked everything about her in TDKR.

Joker: I'd be happy if I never saw Joker in another Batman film. Nolan's Joker hit all the right beats for me. Dangerous, intelligent, nihilistic and quite funny.

Two-Face: I'd be happy if I never saw Two-Face in another Batman film. His role was short, but written perfectly for the story the Nolans and Goyer told in TDK.

What I didn't like from Nolan:

Scarecrow: He was fine, but could've been so much more as far as his toxin goes.

Gotham: It was a bit mundane looking for my tastes.

Neutral:

Talia: I didn't hate her and I wasn't ecstatic about her role. Her film character was given a small arc that worked fine. However there's more untapped potential for the character that Nolan didn't bring to TDKR. It is understandable though given the scope of Nolan's vision for concluding his trilogy.

Ra's: Purely from an aesthetic point. His character in BB and TDKR was excellent; I didn't care for his business suit. I preferred the ninja attire he wore in BB.

Victarion is offline   Reply With Quote