The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 03:08 AM   #401
josh8
Side-Kick

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
They could, but that wouldn't change the fact that I'm really not interested to see more of OT Iceman, Rogue, Storm and the rest. Even my beloved Hugh, I'm afraid.

I'd just prefer a whole new fresh start.
I agree only with OT Iceman. I don't know why I hate that character so much!

Old 04-15-2013, 05:20 AM   #402
narrows101
Side-Kick

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran Man View Post
A "hair-filled razor?" EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is pretty scary and could have been a lot worse - suppose she actually did have a weapon and wanted to get rid of his "first wife"? And the razor is because she didn't like his facial hair! But you can see the progress of it in this photo.

Quote:
Hugh Jackman stalker tries to shave the actor's 'whiskers' off at the gym: prosecutors

An obsessed California woman is accused of not just stalking the 'Les Miserables' star but also trying to attack his face with an electric razor. Katherine Thurston told cops she wants to be Jackman's second wife, prosecutors said.
By Irving Dejohn AND Bill Hutchinson / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Sunday, April 14, 2013, 10:56 PM

Hugh Jackman was approached by Katherine Thurston while he was buffing up for his role as Wolverine in the next 'X-Men' installment.

A California woman obsessed with Hugh Jackman attacked the Aussie actor with an electric razor in a West Village gym because she didn’t like his whiskers, prosecutors said Sunday.

Katherine Thurston, 47, told cops she came to New York two months ago determined to become the married “Les Misérables” star’s second wife.

“I want to marry him,” Thurston told NYPD Detective Frank Francisco, according to a criminal complaint. “This is not against the law. It is not against the law to have two wives.”

Thurston was arraigned Sunday night in Manhattan Criminal Court on misdemeanor charges of menacing, stalking, harassment and trespassing. She was also charged with criminal possession of a weapon — the black electric shaver she went after Jackman with.

Jackman, 44, was not injured in Saturday morning’s frightening fan-gone-wild incident at the Gotham Gym on Washington St.

“The most important thing is the security of my family,” Jackman said Sunday night outside his West Village home. “I’m very appreciative of what the DA is doing.”

Jackman was at the gym buffing up for his recurring role as the superhero Wolverine in the latest installment of the “X-Men” film series when the bizarre crime unfolded.

Katherine Thurston, whose dream is to marry Hugh Jackman, appears in court Sunday on charge of attacking him with electric razor at a West Village gym.

He told cops Thurston was already outside the gym when he arrived at about 8 a.m.

“We’re going to get married, right?” Thurston told Jackman before following him inside.

She then allegedly pulled the razor full of hair out of a bag and charged after Jackman, but her attack was foiled by personal trainer Michael Castillo.

Castillo booted Thurston from the gym. She was arrested a few blocks away.

“I hated him having those whiskers,” Thurston told police.

Thurston, who was being held Sunday night on $15,000 bail, claimed she started emailing Jackman about a year ago.

On March 6, Thurston went to the school where Jackman’s 7-year-old daughter, Ava, is enrolled and confronted the actor’s wife, Deborra-Lee Furness, outside.

“I’m going to marry your husband,” she told Furness, according to police.

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...#ixzz2QWehIyoY

Quote:
A ‘stalk’ down the aisle
Kook to Hugh’s kin: I’m marrying him

By REBECCA ROSENBERG, ANTONIO ANTENUCCI, LISA HAGEN and JEANE MACINTOSH
Last Updated: 6:10 AM, April 15, 2013

A month before an unhinged woman accosted Hugh Jackman with a pubic-hair-filled razor at his West Village gym Saturday, she marched up to his wife and 7-year-old daughter and announced, “I am going to marry your husband,” authorities said yesterday.

The chilling March 6 encounter with accused stalker Katherine Thurston, 47, left Jackman’s family petrified and the usually cool star shaken.

“It was obviously frightening,” Jackman, 44, told The Post yesterday outside the West Village home where he lives with his wife, actress-producer Deborra-Lee Furness, 57, son Oscar, 12, and daughter Ava.

“For me, my main concern is for my family,’’ the “Les Misérables’’ and “X-Men’’ star said of the razor-tossing incident.

He thanked prosecutors for taking the case seriously.

“I just hope the woman gets the help she needs,” he said

Thurston was hauled into Manhattan Criminal Court yesterday and charged with stalking after first allegedly approaching Jackman outside Gotham Gym at 8 a.m. the day before, saying, “We’re getting married, right?”

She then allegedly followed him inside, shouting, “I love you!” at the Aussie star.

Prosecutors said Thurston whipped a black electric razor out of a bag.

The actor thought she was reaching for a gun or knife, said police sources, who noted that the razor was full of Thurston’s pubic hair.

Thurston, a Bakersfield, Calif., native who has three grown children, is being held in lieu of $15,000 bond or $7,500 cash bail.

She was already on probation for stalking Jackman at a San Francisco concert last year. Jackman took out a restraining order against Thurston after that, and Saturday’s arrest is a violation of that order, sources said.

After the latest bust, she admitted she’d been tailing Jackman.

“I was at his daughter’s school. I went to his gym this morning,” she told cops, according to the criminal complaint. “I want to marry him. This is not against the law. It is not against the law to have two wives.

“I was very impressed with ‘X-Men 2,’ so I started e-mailing him,” Thurston told cops.

She didn’t say why she allegedly threw the razor at Jackman, but prosecutors said Thurston told detectives, “I hated him having those whiskers.”

Thurston had repeatedly visited Jackman’s home, gym and daughter’s school, prosecutor Bernard Eyth told the court.

“The defendant believes the victim and his wife want her to be his second wife, despite being arrested,” Eyth said.

Thurston even told cops during questioning, “He really wants to see me now. When can I see him? Where is he at? When am I going to meet him?”

Thurston’s mom, Neita Wright, said her troubled daughter — diagnosed as bipolar at 17 — has long immersed herself in every detail of Jackman’s life and trekked to Manhattan twice in the last 12 months to stalk him.

“The first time was last fall, I think. She got in trouble for hanging out outside of his apartment. They hospitalized her — I do know that — and then they sent her back here [to California],” Wright said. “This is a long obsession with her.”

Thurston’s daughter, Kalianna, 21, said her mom denied that the reason she was going to New York — most recently by bus — was to search for Jackman.

“About two months ago, my mom announced she was going back to New York. We got in a huge argument — I said, ‘You’re going back to stalk Hugh Jackman! ‘And she looked me dead in the eye and said, “You don’t know that,’” Kalianna recalled.

“My mother has a very high IQ and is very manipulative. But she is sick and she doesn’t listen to the doctors. She can go from being completely lucid to totally crazy in seconds.”Shelter sources yesterday said Thurston sported an “engagement ring” she said was from Jackman and talked about him nonstop.

During both trips to Manhattan, Thurston stayed at the Weston Transitional Living Shelter in Harlem, her daughter said.

“She told me she’s going to stay with his wife and him and that the wife doesn’t mind,’” one source said.
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/s...I7wxoN216mgZRO

"It's not just that they don't make 'em like Hugh Jackman anymore - they never did."

"Hugh Jackman cruised in to a roaring crowd oozing more sex appeal then Prince Charming riding a horse called Charisma into the land of Suave."

"Hugh is not supposed to exist. You’re not supposed to be that macho, that tender and that athletic, and be able to sing." - Anne Hathaway

Last edited by narrows101; 04-15-2013 at 05:27 AM.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:29 PM   #403
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh8 View Post
I agree only with OT Iceman. I don't know why I hate that character so much!
Probably coz the comic book character isn't very good either

Old 04-15-2013, 12:41 PM   #404
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Wow. That stalking case is very disturbing reading. I hope Jackman's got some bodyguards/minders to help with that.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:16 PM   #405
narrows101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
Wow. That stalking case is very disturbing reading. I hope Jackman's got some bodyguards/minders to help with that.
It's all over the news today. The photo of the woman made the full front page of the NY Post and it's the lead on every news show. Here's a video from today - you can see him working out (obviously, still in NY, wonder when he's due in Montreal):

http://www.myfoxny.com/story/2197806...-about-stalker

"It's not just that they don't make 'em like Hugh Jackman anymore - they never did."

"Hugh Jackman cruised in to a roaring crowd oozing more sex appeal then Prince Charming riding a horse called Charisma into the land of Suave."

"Hugh is not supposed to exist. You’re not supposed to be that macho, that tender and that athletic, and be able to sing." - Anne Hathaway
Old 04-15-2013, 01:29 PM   #406
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Well at least she liked X2.

Old 04-15-2013, 01:30 PM   #407
Double B
Side-Kick

Anna is still in LA too, apparently, so the cast must all be arriving at different times.

Old 04-15-2013, 01:37 PM   #408
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

So... pretty much no one's in Montreal right now.

Old 04-15-2013, 01:40 PM   #409
geetard
ULLLTIMATE WARRRRIOR!

I suppose we don't know if they'll be filming indoors or outdoors? I bet it'll be in downtown like for The Smurfs 2. If I have the time (I'm in the middle of my finals week), I'll check around.

Old 04-15-2013, 03:27 PM   #410
taintedFB
Side-Kick

I think Scott and Jean will have cameos at the end. As far as explaining changes from Last Stand. No explanation will ever be necessary because it's a new timeline and that stuff never happened.

That said, I think in future movies it would be more of a co-leadership with Scott and Storm. I think they desperately need a new villain as Magneto's arc has been played out. Xavier should be back but in a more minimal role. Hopefully in a future movie, they'll introduce Gambit and I wouldn't mind Taylor Kitsch returining to the role, because he can really pull it off given the right material.

Old 04-15-2013, 03:33 PM   #411
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

This stalking situation is truly effed up. Damn!

Old 04-15-2013, 03:35 PM   #412
josh8
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
Probably coz the comic book character isn't very good either
you got that right!

Although I think much of it has to do with how epically boring I find Shawn Ashmore to be.

Old 04-15-2013, 04:16 PM   #413
taintedFB
Side-Kick

Isn't Iceman a bit more adventurous and mischeivous in the comics. Ashmore's version, like Anna's Rogue is a boring weak interpretation of the character.

Old 04-15-2013, 04:29 PM   #414
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

He was a bit funny, at least in the early issues.

Old 04-15-2013, 04:38 PM   #415
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Hopefully Rogue will be more hardcore in this...

Old 04-15-2013, 05:17 PM   #416
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by taintedFB View Post
Isn't Iceman a bit more adventurous and mischeivous in the comics. Ashmore's version, like Anna's Rogue is a boring weak interpretation of the character.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran Man View Post
He was a bit funny, at least in the early issues.
yeah, Iceman and Human Torch always sorta had the same personality... hell early on you could pretty much throw Spidey into that group as well... all young, naive wise-crackers

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 04-15-2013, 05:21 PM   #417
josh8
Side-Kick

Iceman is definitely the jokester amongst the X-Men, but it's usually developed by writers as a mask for all his insecurities. He's never been very good with the ladies, isn't taken seriously, and hasn't ever been able to reach his potential with his powers. Emma once possessed him and took his powers further in a few hours than he ever could in his whole lifetime.

I don't want the movie version to be exactly like that, but the version on screen is neutered, wimpy, bland, and boring.

Old 04-15-2013, 05:24 PM   #418
lastairbender
Side-Kick

Of all this my biggest frustration is knowing that one of my favourite characters hardly will once again be portrait in movies...Emma Frost..
I am seeing again wolverine and the x-men...she is great! (and storm really sucks here)

Old 04-15-2013, 05:24 PM   #419
JP
Flame On

Storm was pretty useless in that series, but I liked the romance they hinted at with Angel.

Old 04-15-2013, 05:25 PM   #420
josh8
Side-Kick

Wolverine and the X-Men was pretty great at moments, but pretty cheeseball at others. I was really hoping for a Season 2 because it was improving so much. But Storm did suck in that series (can't tell if you're talking about the movie or the series).

Old 04-15-2013, 05:43 PM   #421
taintedFB
Side-Kick

I think if this is an apocalyptic alternate future, the characters will be very different, having endured a harsher world. I think they will be more hardcore and maybe they won't even be together in a team. Maybe we'll encounter them individually in this future that might have been...

Old 04-15-2013, 05:55 PM   #422
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

It's likely to be post last stand and post The Wolverine future.The time travel aspect of film will likely cause some changes.

Old 04-15-2013, 06:02 PM   #423
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland '49 View Post
So... pretty much no one's in Montreal right now.
Peter Dinklage was at the opening of Matilda on Broadway on Thursday night, so not sure if he's gotten there yet either.

Old 04-15-2013, 06:04 PM   #424
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
This stalking situation is truly effed up. Damn!
I'm just catching up on that now. Yikes.

The news seems to be doing a great job letting everyone else know where the gym he goes to is, though.

Old 04-15-2013, 06:04 PM   #425
JP
Flame On

And he presented that the MTV awards last night.

Closed Thread