The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 12:04 PM   #601
JP
Smelly

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 1

Shame she's not a teenage, and was barely passable as one in 17 Again, back in 2009.

Old 04-20-2013, 12:06 PM   #602
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
Oh lord your 90s crap again that's only "obvious" to you
I will say It before and I will say It again when they placed first Class In 1962
they opened the door for trilogy to be retconned as 1990's.

Bryan Singer's own words of placing Xavier and Magneto In mid to late 20's
In first Class working backwords from Patrick Stewart and Ian Mckellen's real ages.That age In first Class fits with being In early 60's In Trilogy with a mid 1990's.

Otherwise after first Class they would be In 70's In trilogy and 80's/or close to 80 in DOFP.

Under this theory you have way for teenage Jena,Cyclops,and possable storm to show up In DOFP,keep X-Men and X2 mostly Intact and allows time travel as excuse to throw out any elements from Last stand and Origins they want.

Other people have wanted them to show up In DOFP.I provide theory with how that can happen and be In Contunity with Singer's other films,and you just want to attack me.

Old 04-20-2013, 02:00 PM   #603
MarvelU
Side-Kick

If they want to move on with the newer cast for future films, then they could even erase what happened in the first 2 X-men films. So a new time-line in the past could lead to new story-lines featuring Jean, Cyclops, Storm, Xavier, Magneto from 70s and onward, with no continuity from the other x-men films due to a completely new timeline. I am just interested to know which cast Fox will move on with at the end and continue the X-Men franchise. I would think they want to keep using as much of Hugh Jackman as Wolverine as they can, so they will probably continue with the old cast. Although Wolverine does look the same wherever he goes, so it wouldn't be a problem to include him with the newer cast.

Old 04-20-2013, 02:33 PM   #604
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
I'm veering towards Hope Summers, if indeed Trachtenberg is in this film.
Hope would be completely out of left field. The entirety of Hope's character is to be a messiah and to carry the phoenix force, so they'd have to essential change everything about her. But stranger things have happened.

But she's just a Jean ripoff anyway. I'd rather the real thing.

Old 04-20-2013, 02:40 PM   #605
Angamb
Banned User

yeah, I really really hope that she doesnt appear on this.

Her arc on the comics is a whole different story, so if they want to use it one day, it better be many many years from now.

with iconic villains and stuff like Sinister, Apocalypses, Genosha, Mutant massacre and more, Hope shouldnt be before all of that. no way

Old 04-20-2013, 05:01 PM   #606
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

Singer is now following Seth Green! Adult Banshee?

Old 04-20-2013, 05:10 PM   #607
MarvelU
Side-Kick

Seth Green will a young Cyclops.

Old 04-20-2013, 05:29 PM   #608
Angamb
Banned User

oh noooo! he better not be Banshee!!

Old 04-20-2013, 05:53 PM   #609
lastairbender
Side-Kick

Seth Green? what? How do you know? Am i missing anything?

But I'd love to see more Banshee!

I liked what they done and wanted more.
Thats the problems about all the X-men movies. They all look like they could have been much more everything! More powers, more epic, more Storm, more colossus, more iceman, more Emma Frost,more Storm, more Storm, much more Gambit and more Banshee.

Old 04-20-2013, 06:02 PM   #610
NanaT
X-Men United!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastairbender View Post
Seth Green? what? How do you know? Am i missing anything?

But I'd love to see more Banshee!

I liked what they done and wanted more.
Thats the problems about all the X-men movies. They all look like they could have been much more everything! More powers, more epic, more Storm, more colossus, more iceman, more Emma Frost,more Storm, more Storm, much more Gambit and more Banshee.
Oh I think you forgot, MORE STORM!!!!!

- PROFESSOR CHARLES XAVIER
Old 04-20-2013, 06:15 PM   #611
lastairbender
Side-Kick

Well ... i just look to those epic comic pages with her and... i cry! they could create such a iconic movie imaginary.. her flying among the clouds, creating storms and lightning.. the strenght, the fury, the presence, and much more skin (a cleavage or a belly...something) ..thats what lacks at all!

Old 04-20-2013, 06:25 PM   #612
lastairbender
Side-Kick

and more hair..yes?
i want something like this, with lightning..

Old 04-20-2013, 06:37 PM   #613
lastairbender
Side-Kick

how do i put a picture?

Well this is it
http://www.fanpop.com/clubs/storm/im...e/storm-fanart

Old 04-20-2013, 06:47 PM   #614
Angamb
Banned User

cant agree more.

There are many iconic/memorable stuff they could do with these x-men, but its taking them too much time to put the franchise on a whole new level, visually.

Old 04-20-2013, 07:48 PM   #615
BMM
Side-Kick

Possible new addition to the cast? Adan Canto?

Last edited by BMM; 04-20-2013 at 07:53 PM.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:55 PM   #616
Double B
Side-Kick

Oh hello.

One of our missing faces from the cast wall then.

Old 04-20-2013, 07:56 PM   #617
BMM
Side-Kick

Possibly. He's on The Following, with Ashmore. Hmmm.

Old 04-20-2013, 08:01 PM   #618
Angamb
Banned User

could it be?? I thought the same right after seeing the pic. He is mexican... interesting addition if was the case

Ive seen him on The Following and liked his role and work. So would like to see him on the xmen world

and a mexican actor on the franchise would be pretty cool, to me. I love diversity on the comics, so if Bryan follows that route on this movie... props to him!

Old 04-20-2013, 08:04 PM   #619
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Shame she's not a teenage, and was barely passable as one in 17 Again, back in 2009.
i saw her on Kathy a few weeks ago... she honestly hasn't aged physically all that much. She still looks younger than half the glee cast

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 04-20-2013, 08:07 PM   #620
BMM
Side-Kick

Clearly, Canto is playing young Jean Grey.

Old 04-20-2013, 08:11 PM   #621
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
Possible new addition to the cast? Adan Canto?

Loved him on The Following.

He did actually say something interesting in an interview after his character was killed...
Quote:
THR: What else do you have coming up?
Canto: There are a couple of things, and I could tell you soon, but not yet. There are a couple exciting things in the horizon. It's both [TV and movies].

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/liv...to-paul-429477
Possibly Singer-esque secrecy?

Heterosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Opposite Sex
Homosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Same Sex
Bisexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to Both Sexes
Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Old 04-20-2013, 08:14 PM   #622
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
I will say It before and I will say It again when they placed first Class In 1962
they opened the door for trilogy to be retconned as 1990's.

Bryan Singer's own words of placing Xavier and Magneto In mid to late 20's
In first Class working backwords from Patrick Stewart and Ian Mckellen's real ages.That age In first Class fits with being In early 60's In Trilogy with a mid 1990's.

Otherwise after first Class they would be In 70's In trilogy and 80's/or close to 80 in DOFP.

Under this theory you have way for teenage Jena,Cyclops,and possable storm to show up In DOFP,keep X-Men and X2 mostly Intact and allows time travel as excuse to throw out any elements from Last stand and Origins they want.

Other people have wanted them to show up In DOFP.I provide theory with how that can happen and be In Contunity with Singer's other films,and you just want to attack me.
you can say it, scream it all you want even.. doesn't make it sound any less rediculous.

So what if they were in their 70s? there's plenty of vigorous youthful looking and healthy men in their 70s... and Ian at least... could very well pass at being in his 70s in X1 through X3 ..... Patrick looks younger, but hell, my own grandfather looked like he was in his early 60s when he was 70.. and my uncle is currently in his 60s, and looks like he's 50.

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 04-20-2013, 08:15 PM   #623
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
Clearly, Canto is playing young Jean Grey.
Not unless he dyes his hair red

Could Canto be a Sunspot for the Brotherhood?

Old 04-20-2013, 08:18 PM   #624
narrows101
Side-Kick

Adan Canto ‏@adancanto 5m @BryanSinger: @canadiensMTL @sirpatstew @ianmckellen @adancanto @ShawnRAshmore pic.twitter.com/g9tfY1vse5
Thrilled tobeX-Men! #daysoffuturepast

Old 04-20-2013, 08:21 PM   #625
BMM
Side-Kick

Let the speculation begin!

Closed Thread