The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 08:21 PM   #626
Double B
Side-Kick

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
Clearly, Canto is playing young Jean Grey.
Post of the day.

Old 04-20-2013, 08:31 PM   #627
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 1

Quote:
We converted some powerful Habs fans! WATCH-> http://goha.bs/13oeo5x @BryanSinger @sirpatstew @ianmckellen @adancanto @ShawnRAshmore #XMen
The blonde woman in the video looks like Natalie Zea (?) from The Following and she does have twitter. But she's not mentioned on the tweet as part of X-men Unit[ing].

But Adan Canto is.

Curiouser and curiouser.

(The gray-haired gentleman looks to be related to Ashmore (his dad?) and the other one looks like his other brother)

Old 04-20-2013, 08:32 PM   #628
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
I will say It before and I will say It again when they placed first Class In 1962
they opened the door for trilogy to be retconned as 1990's.

Bryan Singer's own words of placing Xavier and Magneto In mid to late 20's
In first Class working backwords from Patrick Stewart and Ian Mckellen's real ages.That age In first Class fits with being In early 60's In Trilogy with a mid 1990's.

Otherwise after first Class they would be In 70's In trilogy and 80's/or close to 80 in DOFP.

Under this theory you have way for teenage Jean,Cyclops,and possible storm to show up In DOFP,keep X-Men and X2 mostly Intact and allows time travel as excuse to throw out any elements from Last stand and Origins they want.

Other people have wanted them to show up In DOFP.I provide theory with how that can happen and be In Contunity with Singer's other films,and you just want to attack me.
So when does the new Wolverine film take place? nearly 20 years after he killed Jean? Or is that film taking place nearly 2 decades ago as well?

Your main point is Singer's remark about Stewart and Mckellen's ages. Ok, Stewart was born in 1940, and Mckellen in 1939. As Magneto and Xavier were early teens at the most in 1944 (I think mags was meant to be a little older than Xavier) this is adding 6 to 8 or so years to the actors real ages. This would place them at about or nearing 30 for First Class in 1962.

If the original trilogy took place from 2000 both characters would have been about 66- 68 years old for the first film (of course both actors are now older than that by another 5 years or so).

If you are correct and Singer is ret-conning his original films to a point earlier than they were released, and going by the actors ages when the first film was released, then we could say X1 was all set from somewhere around 1992 (at the earliest) to 1994.

However, Singer may have been referring to the actors ages post X3 (which was released in 2006) and pre-first class (later still), making their ages for first class consistent with the actors real ages after X3 came out.

But let's go with a 1992-94 start point then: How old were Jean, Scott & Storm supposed to be in X1? Late 20's or early 30's at the most? So they would have been born anywhere around 1960-64, making them about 9 to 13 years old for 1973. That's still too young for anyone like Michelle Trachtenberg to be playing a young Jean, or us seeing any late teen version of them, unless all 3 were actually pushing or beyond 40 even in a 1992-94 set X1.

Even with this ret-con, having a later teen Scott, Jean & storm will only work in 1973 if we age them all in the trilogy by several years, as well as pushing it all back several years.

If Singer is earnest in wanting to clean up some mistakes after he left the series, I just don't see how doing this would be a step in that direction at all. It'll just convolute the continuity even more.

Let's not forget, at the start of X1, after Eric's opening scene we went to Rogue's scene where the caption read "Meridian, Mississippi. The not too distant future" . This was a film released in 2000. They used "The not too distant future" again in X3 as well, so that does pretty much rule out any suggestion the original trilogy took place earlier (which still won't work for giving us a younger original team for reasons noted above).

Last edited by wobbly; 04-20-2013 at 09:18 PM.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:45 PM   #629
Electrix
Side-Kick

Earlier tweet from Canto from 8th April

Quote:
“@kristagaz: @adancanto no hints on your new projects??” 1) I might turn into a ball of fire if someone pisses me off.
https://twitter.com/adancanto/status/321072768256966656

Could be X-Men related.

Old 04-20-2013, 08:49 PM   #630
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrix View Post
Earlier tweet from Canto from 8th April

https://twitter.com/adancanto/status/321072768256966656

Could be X-Men related.

Sunspot?

Old 04-20-2013, 08:54 PM   #631
Electrix
Side-Kick

Sunspot was originally going to be in First Class:

Vaughn said this:

Quote:
"The X-Men we used were already chosen by Bryan and Fox. In the draft they gave me all of the characters were in there. We cut Sunspot because we didn’t have enough time or money. They couldn’t make him work, he was a pain the ass."

Old 04-20-2013, 08:59 PM   #632
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

yeah, sounds like sunspot

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 04-20-2013, 09:04 PM   #633
Double B
Side-Kick

That's as good a confirmation as any.

Old 04-20-2013, 09:07 PM   #634
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Canto could be Sunspot or another mutant that has the same size of screentime like Multiple Man.

"Once you cage the beast, the beast gets angry" - X3
"Patience isn't my strongest suit" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
Old 04-20-2013, 09:09 PM   #635
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

I know I've mentioned the possibility of Sunspot earlier but I'm just not onboard with making all these heroes in the comics part of the Brotherhood, just because they want to show their powers on the big screen.

It's happened with Psylocke, Multiple Man (and it was looking there that it could've happened with Gambit) in X3.

Last edited by EnDz0n3; 04-20-2013 at 09:15 PM.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:11 PM   #636
MarvelU
Side-Kick

Yeah that is a good given that this Canto guy is in the new X-Men movie. Also the ball of fire stuff is also a given. I wonder why they didn't announce him with the rest of the cast? Perhaps it was a late casting?

Old 04-20-2013, 09:12 PM   #637
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I definitely think they will throw more mutants/actors in the film that aren't part of "the 16 headshots". I wouldn't be surprised by that, even in X1/X2, they had mutants that weren't included in the main cast ( like the ones that were featured in posters/promotional photos).

X1- Iceman, Shadowcat, Pyro
X2- Jubilee, Colossus, Artie, Siryn, Shadowcat, Mastermind (Jason 143)
X3- Multiple Man, Arclight, Psylocke, Omega Kid, Leech

Old 04-20-2013, 09:17 PM   #638
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelU View Post
Yeah that is a good given that this Canto guy is in the new X-Men movie. Also the ball of fire stuff is also a given. I wonder why they didn't announce him with the rest of the cast? Perhaps it was a late casting?
For me, the ball of fire is the confirmation that he is indeed playing Sunspot!

Bryan Singer wouldn't include him in the tweet if he's not part of the movie and they all have the same number in that twitpic.

Old 04-20-2013, 09:21 PM   #639
BMM
Side-Kick

He could also be Sunfire. If Fan BingBing is playing Blink, it's possible they've taken inspiration from the Age of Apocalypse storyline. Though, he fits Sunspot better than Sunfire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
I know I've mentioned the possibility of Sunspot earlier but I'm just not onboard with making all these heroes in the comics part of the Brotherhood, just because they want to show their powers on the big screen.

It's happened with Psylocke, Multiple Man (and it was looking there that it could've happened with Gambit) in X3.
Maybe he'll play a future mutant?

Last edited by BMM; 04-20-2013 at 09:33 PM.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:23 PM   #640
MarvelU
Side-Kick

Is there any chance for Angel to return? I remember Singer planned to use him as Archangel in X2, but was rather used in X-Men 3 as Warren.

Also watching X2 dvd extras I just saw the concept art of archangel.

Old 04-20-2013, 09:27 PM   #641
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Is there any chance for Angel to return? I remember Singer planned to use him as Archangel in X2, but was rather used in X-Men 3 as Warren.

Also watching X2 dvd extras I just saw the concept art of archangel.
Hopefully they'll bring Angel back after DOFp.

Thought I'm happy that Archangel wasn't in X2. he needs to be Angel first with those beautiful white feathers!

Old 04-20-2013, 09:29 PM   #642
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
For me, the ball of fire is the confirmation that he is indeed playing Sunspot!

Bryan Singer wouldn't include him in the tweet if he's not part of the movie and they all have the same number in that twitpic.
Bryan didn't include him in the tweet. Bryan just retweeted Montreal Canadiens' original tweet that included all those names.

But you're right about everything else on this post though.

Old 04-20-2013, 09:30 PM   #643
MarvelU
Side-Kick

Quote:
Hopefully they'll bring Angel back after DOFp.

Thought I'm happy that Archangel wasn't in X2. he needs to be Angel first with those beautiful white feathers!
Well I guess there is a chance we will see him again when they introduce Apocalypse, if they ever decide to use the Archangel transformation.

Old 04-20-2013, 09:33 PM   #644
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Well I guess there is a chance we will see him again when they introduce Apocalypse, if they ever decide to use the Archangel transformation.
The Archangel transformation is like one of the most memorable things that happened when the fought Apocalypse. Not adapting it to film when they finally bring Apocalypse in the movie would be a waste opportunity.

Quote:
Bryan didn't include him in the tweet. Bryan just retweeted Montreal Canadiens' original tweet that included all those names.

But you're right about everything else on this post though.
I meant in that picture.

They wouldn't include him in that picture if he wasn't in the movie.

Old 04-20-2013, 11:32 PM   #645
JP
Smelly

Interesting indeed!

Old 04-20-2013, 11:44 PM   #646
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
The Archangel transformation is like one of the most memorable things that happened when the fought Apocalypse. Not adapting it to film when they finally bring Apocalypse in the movie would be a waste opportunity.

I meant in that picture.

They wouldn't include him in that picture if he wasn't in the movie.
I checked again. Bryan did twitpic that back photo with the five of them in Canadiens jersey, 14. But again he deleted the tweet. He did the same thing with the Vine video. What is up with Bryan and deleting tweets

Old 04-21-2013, 12:25 AM   #647
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Quote:

If he is Sunspot, I'd actually prefer that he be a Brotherhood member.

Old 04-21-2013, 12:58 AM   #648
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

I think my complaint is more of that if they were to have a Brotherhood mutant, have the character actually be a Brotherhood member in the comics, as opposed to a Psylocke or a Jamie Madrox (or Callisto) in X3.

I really have no opinions of Sunspot either way. He's just a meh character to me.

Old 04-21-2013, 01:12 AM   #649
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
I checked again. Bryan did twitpic that back photo with the five of them in Canadiens jersey, 14. But again he deleted the tweet. He did the same thing with the Vine video. What is up with Bryan and deleting tweets
I think he doesn't want to give too much information but he can't stop himself from tweeting, like hello if he gives tweeting pictures/videos like this until the release date of DOFP, just imagine the things that we would have known about the movie.

Old 04-21-2013, 01:24 AM   #650
JP
Smelly

He sure is hot.

Maybe Singer wants to rectify the fire and ice battle?

On a tangent, this is definitely THE hottest and THE most diverse X Men cast to date. Black, Chinese, Mexican, Native American.

Last edited by JP; 04-21-2013 at 01:30 AM.
Closed Thread