The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 09:59 PM   #776
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 1

All signs point to yes.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:04 PM   #777
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Majik1387 View Post
All signs point to yes.
Hmmm. Well, okay then. Hopefully he's bulking up now? I just see Bishop as this hulking black guy and Omar is not a physically intimidating presence at all.

Once you've fallen, just lay there. As you lay, simply think of how stupid you are and how your stupidity got you there.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:05 PM   #778
Majik1387

Well Booboo has been bulking up, I'm sure Omar will get around to it.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:05 PM   #779
JP
Smelly

Quote:
I just thought of something; could Canto be a recast of Gambit?
How does Gambit relate to fire?

Old 04-24-2013, 10:07 PM   #780
Majik1387

Depending on the artist drawings, I've seen his powers shown as pink/purple fire charged before being thrown.

I'm not throwing Sunspot possibility out, but considering the age of the actor, he definitely looks like he could be an older Gambit.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:22 PM   #781
SterlingDee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by taintedFB View Post

Could one of the gaps next to Halle Berry and Anna Paquin be for James Marsden (and maybe Famke Janssen?)
If either Famke of James is coming back in a real role, and they are represented on that wall, then only one of them is coming back. There could always be uncredited cameos though, who knows. I think it's more likely that a well known actor has been cast as Nixon and would occupy the photo spot before Halle. I suspect whoever that castmember is, he or she will not be announced until last, possibly months into shooting.

Adan Canto fills up one of the spots after Anna Paquin - those spots are for minor characters/actors (think Colossus, Jubilee, Callisto etc.). There are 2-4 of those minor characters (& cameos?) spots left.

ETA: I guess if they came back in cameos, James and Famke could be the final two spots on the wall (an uncredited cameo space perhaps?) but I wouldn't bet on it.

Last edited by SterlingDee; 04-24-2013 at 10:26 PM.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:26 PM   #782
Majik1387

edit

Old 04-24-2013, 10:31 PM   #783
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Canto Is probally one of them after Anna Paquin.And whoever Is playing Nixon likely one In between Peter Dinklage and Halle Berry.

If James Marsden and Famke Janssen make cameos at end It will likely be uncredited and we may not find out untill shortly before release.

Old 04-24-2013, 10:46 PM   #784
SterlingDee
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Canto Is probally one of them after Anna Paquin.And whoever Is playing Nixon likely one In between Peter Dinklage and Halle Berry.

If James Marsden and Famke Janssen make cameos at end It will likely be uncredited and we may not find out untill shortly before release.
yes, thank you for summarizing my post: I guess you did provide a TL;DR version

Old 04-24-2013, 11:20 PM   #785
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Well Booboo has been bulking up, I'm sure Omar will get around to it.
I don't really think a guy who looks like a teen is right either for warpath . Both should be bigger guys. Not talking swarzenegger size, just not zac effron size......

There's plenty of buff black actors

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 04-24-2013, 11:21 PM   #786
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Depending on the artist drawings, I've seen his powers shown as pink/purple fire charged before being thrown.

I'm not throwing Sunspot possibility out, but considering the age of the actor, he definitely looks like he could be an older Gambit.
I know the races are wrong... But cantos physicality would be better suited for warpath and booboo would be more fit for sunspot

[=]
Old 04-24-2013, 11:51 PM   #787
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
Are we assuming that Omar is playing Bishop? Is that the consensus with you guys?
We've been assuming that since Sy was announced to be in the movie.

"Will you control that power or let it control you?" - X3
"Is the future truly set?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 04-25-2013, 12:11 AM   #788
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
I know the races are wrong... But cantos physicality would be better suited for warpath and booboo would be more fit for sunspot
But Booboo is wider and huskier.

Last edited by JP; 04-25-2013 at 12:14 AM.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:12 AM   #789
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Even though I've seen it tossed around here a few dozen times, I'm not sure I'll ever be able to take the name Booboo seriously.

H.E.(Y GURL HEEEEEY)
Old 04-25-2013, 12:22 AM   #790
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Even though I've seen it tossed around here a few dozen times, I'm not sure I'll ever be able to take the name Booboo seriously.
Well its not his birth name, its just his screenname.

"Will you control that power or let it control you?" - X3
"Is the future truly set?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 04-25-2013, 02:58 AM   #791
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

That someone would actually think that Booboo makes a good screenname to go by makes it even more ridiculous. At least if it was his real name you could always blame the parents

Old 04-25-2013, 06:00 AM   #792
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
That someone would actually think that Booboo makes a good screenname to go by makes it even more ridiculous. At least if it was his real name you could always blame the parents
Very true. Whenever I hear that name I just think of that hideous little girl.

Old 04-25-2013, 06:02 AM   #793
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Vimes View Post
Yes it is a strange choice of screen-name.

Maybe his agent is only smarter than the average bear.

Old 04-25-2013, 08:41 AM   #794
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
But Booboo is wider and huskier.

He does look better there... But he still looks like a twink version of warpath which..... Im not entirely happy about. He'd be better suited for mutants typically depicted as younger.... (at least in build) like the new mutants or any of the other younger xmen. Its just another weird choice to me. And it seems like its just another one of Singers "crushes" he wants in a gig that he's notorious for . Because booboo other then hair and nationality doesn't physically look anywhere close to warpath..... He's not intimidating at all.... Like the name also suggests.

[=]
Old 04-25-2013, 08:46 AM   #795
Angamb
Banned User

maybe Fox and Bryan are planning to use him again on the future, so its not that bad to start with a teenager Warpath

That doesnt mean he can be really badass on the movie. He could even act like a villain, even if he isnt. Its all about what Bryan wants and how they portray the role and his powers.

Old 04-25-2013, 08:55 AM   #796
wikox
Side-Kick

what is the problema with the age? rogué and iceman were teenagers in X1

Old 04-25-2013, 08:59 AM   #797
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

For me its more about build. Those who are pretty muscular tend to look a bit older. Im just not fond of an immature looking warpath is all. Rogue and iceman worked because they've been depicted as younger before. Especially in origin.

Booboo i could buy as being called Proudstar but.... Warpath he ain't.

Old 04-25-2013, 09:07 AM   #798
wikox
Side-Kick

I dont understand. BOOBOO' facial features are correct for warpath and today there are many Young muscular

Old 04-25-2013, 09:19 AM   #799
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by wikox View Post
I dont understand. BOOBOO' facial features are correct for warpath and today there are many Young muscular
Eh he just isn't anywhere remotely close to warpath imo. He looks far too juvenile in the face and build for the role imo

[=]
Old 04-25-2013, 09:27 AM   #800
wikox
Side-Kick

ok ok ,do not get mad,I dont sure of That, I am spanish, you are american, you will know more than me ... but I think That the old man of southamerica and the american indian come of the same men: the genetic siberian.

Closed Thread