The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 08:31 AM   #801
wikox
Side-Kick

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 1

and the first time that appeared in the comic he was a youngboy in the new mutants(sorry my english is Little, "imo" means?)

Last edited by wikox; 04-25-2013 at 08:38 AM.
Old 04-25-2013, 08:31 AM   #802
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
Eh he just isn't anywhere remotely close to warpath imo. He looks far too juvenile in the face and build for the role imo
I see what you are saying but he might look better in the costume, hair and make-up.

Old 04-25-2013, 09:24 AM   #803
JP
Smelly

I actually don't see what Spidey is saying..

Old 04-25-2013, 09:35 AM   #804
Super Jim
Side-Kick

Simple...

BooBoo is 5' 5" tall and Warpath is 7' 1" tall.

BooBoo is 19" too short to be Warpath!

Yes, they could use CG (why spend the $), or filming teqniques (what a pain) or high heels (can only do so much). Or they could just have him as some ripped 5'5" Warpath (I'm getting very worried about this movie!).

One question though...

Why Warpath? How does he fit in DOFP?

If he is a present timeline baddie to go up against Colossus he's going to get his butt handed to him! I just can't see BooBoo as a baddie though! I think about Twilight and he was just this happy go lucky kid and he still has that look.

And if he is just a present timeline good guy then what's his purpose? Seems kid of forced to me...

Old 04-25-2013, 09:42 AM   #805
Mulholland-Jr
BANJOOO!

As long as they give him super-strength in the movie, it shouldn't matter if he isn't all Hollywood Hogan-ish because it's a fantasy movie where people have superpowers. See- Tom Hardy as Bane.

Old 04-25-2013, 09:43 AM   #806
Angamb
Banned User

so Booboo is a problem, but Hugh as Wolverine isnt?

this double moral makes no sense anymore with the X-men franchise.

Old 04-25-2013, 09:44 AM   #807
JP
Smelly

Logan is too tall, Storm is too short, Jean is too tall, Rogue is too short...

Old 04-25-2013, 09:46 AM   #808
Angamb
Banned User

exactly.

Its movie universe, and different versions of most characters, so Warpath being smaller and younger isnt a big deal, specially since he isnt one of the main characters on this saga, and wont be.

Old 04-25-2013, 09:49 AM   #809
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Jim View Post
And if he is just a present timeline good guy then what's his purpose? Seems kid of forced to me...
We don't really know anyones role. In a film about Sentinels taking down mutant kind and imprisoning them, did you think the only mutants would be the main team roster form X3? The story requires alot of mutants be it small roles or not.

Old 04-25-2013, 10:03 AM   #810
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Do we know for a fact that Boohoo will be in the future setting. He could very well be one of the Second Class, hence the age (and woah he's only 5'5")?

Old 04-25-2013, 10:08 AM   #811
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
Do we know for a fact that Boohoo will be in the future setting. He could very well be one of the Second Class, hence the age (and woah he's only 5'5")?
Since he has been in Montreal with the Future crowd I think it's likely he is in the future scenes. Would assume he is shooting with them. The FC crew has been nowhere in sight right?

Last edited by def28; 04-25-2013 at 10:17 AM.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:20 AM   #812
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
I see what you are saying but he might look better in the costume, hair and make-up.
hopefully. though i also don't think we can expect much of his comic look to be translated, since most X-men looks arn't

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 04-25-2013, 10:22 AM   #813
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
I actually don't see what Spidey is saying..
im basically saying he's got a baby face, and looks like a buff teenager. He's no football linebacker build like Warpath is

[=]
Old 04-25-2013, 10:25 AM   #814
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
so Booboo is a problem, but Hugh as Wolverine isnt?

this double moral makes no sense anymore with the X-men franchise.
the problem with wolvie in the comics is he's a very very short man, that's hard to find and take seriously on film i think. Leading men are never short. that and Hugh did a pretty great job in the role and it's been hammered into his character now for so long it's all just accepted. BooBoo and Warpath are neither that kinda character imo...

[=]
Old 04-25-2013, 10:31 AM   #815
Angamb
Banned User

but if fans accepted all movie changes, they can easily accept another one.

thats the point. Warpath will be a supporting character... and who knows, maybe he wont appear again on this franchise, so its not a big deal.

Old 04-25-2013, 10:33 AM   #816
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
im basically saying he's got a baby face, and looks like a buff teenager. He's no football linebacker build like Warpath is
Eh, he's cute. And I think a pretty good match to either Proudstar. :/

Old 04-25-2013, 10:35 AM   #817
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

this just sorta screams "cute actor i want in a movie, let me find a role i think he'd be great at" which.... Singer is VERY VERY much known for in hollywood. The guy's a great director, but he has a reputation for hitting on guys in bars by saying "I'm the director of the x-men movies" this seems like Daniel Cudmore and Brandon Routh (no names he tried to make famous, hell he met daniel in his gym) all over again imo... trying to turn no-names into names because he sorta has a crush on them (not saying those actors have slept with him to get roles or anything, it could be quite harmless) but, if you've lived in los angeles and are part of the gay community, singer does have quite a reputation. It's like his infatuation with Taylor Lautner... the guy's not a great actor (nor good even imo) and i don't really see him being any X-men character... maybe Anole at best..... and Singer seemed to want to force Lautner into a role made especially to fit him into the film. Thankfully that didn't happen.

Truth be told, im sure alot of straight directors do the same with women as well... I know Hitchcock was obsessed with beautiful blondes he wanted to make stars.

[=]
Old 04-25-2013, 10:36 AM   #818
Angamb
Banned User

I like to have him on the franchise, honestly.

to have a young native-american looking actor is a plus to the franchise to me. And in case Fox and Singer want to do more movies set in present time, they can always use him again, in the future, if not on next sequel, on the next one.

Thats the exciting thing of Xmen franchise, they can do whatever they want to some characters or another. The possibilites are big and so diverse.

Old 04-25-2013, 10:36 AM   #819
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Eh, he's cute. And I think a pretty good match to either Proudstar. :/
.... me thinks your hormones are deceiving you.

Warpath isn't a "cute" guy... he's an intimidating rage filled beast most the time.

[=]
Old 04-25-2013, 10:38 AM   #820
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
but if fans accepted all movie changes, they can easily accept another one.

thats the point. Warpath will be a supporting character... and who knows, maybe he wont appear again on this franchise, so its not a big deal.
my limit to changes in the x-men franchise are BEYOND filled to the brim and over flowing....

[=]
Old 04-25-2013, 10:41 AM   #821
Angamb
Banned User

I get you.

I hate some changes too, mainly the accents and nationalities.

But at this point, I just want Singer and Fox to keep doing sequels. So if some new characters arent the same, I wont be mad, as long as I see Rogue, Kitty, Cyclops and all these x-men again.

Old 04-25-2013, 10:41 AM   #822
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
I like to have him on the franchise, honestly.

to have a young native-american looking actor is a plus to the franchise to me. And in case Fox and Singer want to do more movies set in present time, they can always use him again, in the future, if not on next sequel, on the next one.

Thats the exciting thing of Xmen franchise, they can do whatever they want to some characters or another. The possibilites are big and so diverse.
having a diverse cast is truly great, and i love that about the x-men. But you shouldn't just throw people into a role to meet a interracial quota, it should be finding the best and most fitted actor for the role. I have a hard time believing Boo Boo is the best fit...

[=]
Old 04-25-2013, 10:47 AM   #823
Angamb
Banned User

I agree on that.

But you know.... it happens that Im interested in Booboo on the franchise, lol. I think he is a cool young guy, a good guy, and not the typical stupid hot young hollywood star. He looks shy on most interviews Ive seen, so I find that good.

Old 04-25-2013, 10:56 AM   #824
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
I agree on that.

But you know.... it happens that Im interested in Booboo on the franchise, lol. I think he is a cool young guy, a good guy, and not the typical stupid hot young hollywood star. He looks shy on most interviews Ive seen, so I find that good.
it makes me like him as a person. but you can tell he's cute and shy just by looking at him... those arn't quality's i associate with Warpath

[=]
Old 04-25-2013, 11:18 AM   #825
josh8
Side-Kick

I've learned to never spend too much time thinking about the casting choices. Besides Stewart (and I guess Bruce Davison), pretty much EVERY actor in the OT was miscast in their roles in terms of physical attributes and presence... but most of them grew on me!

Closed Thread