The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 05:31 AM   #126
BMM
Side-Kick

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 1

The point is that if anyone in Magneto's Brotherhood is going to receive meaningful development, beyond his or her powers, it's Mystique.

Old 04-08-2013, 05:51 AM   #127
Double B
Side-Kick

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by xii22_loop View Post
LOL have you seen Prometheus?
Ha! I was actually going to reference Prometheus in that post but to be honest, poor as her character was in Premetheus, it was miles away from how underwritten Emma was.

Plus it's Ridley Scott.

Old 04-08-2013, 05:54 AM   #128
Angamb
Banned User

not to mention that Charlize's character was really close to how Emma is on the comics.

Old 04-08-2013, 06:14 AM   #129
Double B
Side-Kick

And then she got crushed because she didn't know how to run sideways.

Emma could run sideways.

Old 04-08-2013, 07:25 AM   #130
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
not to mention that Charlize's character was really close to how Emma is on the comics.
Was Emma in the comics totally humourless as well?

Old 04-08-2013, 07:43 AM   #131
CyclopsSummers
Side-Kick

Quote:
And now he didn't bring back Emma for DOFP. He's probably not a fan of Emma Frost. Bringing back Colossus over Emma Frost kinda says it all.
Emma in 1st Class was a great mistake. Like Havok.

Cyclops, Havok, Emma= same generation
Havok cant be Cyke'brother
Emma cant be Cyke's love interest

Old 04-08-2013, 08:08 AM   #132
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsSummers View Post

In that line of thought, Gambit was THE worst. They literally wasted him.

"Films are worth seeing period, even the bad ones." - Blue Sugar
Old 04-08-2013, 08:11 AM   #133
Double B
Side-Kick

Ugh, it will annoy me forever that they cast Taylor bloody Kitsch as Gambit.

Old 04-08-2013, 01:28 PM   #134
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsSummers View Post

Thank god for small miracles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double B View Post
Ugh, it will annoy me forever that they cast Taylor bloody Kitsch as Gambit.
I liked Kitsch's Gambit. The action was daft at times and he was hardly a necessary character, but I liked Kitsch's performance.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 04-08-2013, 01:42 PM   #135
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I like the fact Emma In first Class was the white Queen Emma.They paid tribute to later emma by having her diamond second mutation.

Like many Ideas that came out of grant morrison's run on X-Men Cyclops and Emma was
bad Idea.

I didn't mind Gambit In origins besides being based too much on Ultimate version for my taste.I was never fan of him and Rogue.Despite what 90's animated show would have some belive there Is so much more to both of them than their so called relationship.
That Is why I was glad they had Rogue and Iceman as couple.That way they may never do rogue ad Gambit onscreen.

Old 04-08-2013, 01:49 PM   #136
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

I don't think Rogue and Gambit's relationship defines them (I don't think many fans do either), but that is something that I like seeing in the comics and would love to see that on screen someday.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 04-08-2013, 02:20 PM   #137
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Infernal View Post
I don't think Rogue and Gambit's relationship defines them (I don't think many fans do either), but that is something that I like seeing in the comics and would love to see that on screen someday.
Yeah, It would have played very well with an audience on screen. Much better then Iceman and Rogue.

Old 04-08-2013, 02:51 PM   #138
Angamb
Banned User

definetly.

And even if some fans think is unlikely, Im sure it could be done pretty easily. Singer probably isnt interested, but could be done.

Old 04-08-2013, 03:29 PM   #139
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

I found Bobby and Rogue interesting... to a point. They were never a big feature of the films and it's more little moments like Rogue kissing Bobby in X2. It was never anything more than a couple of teenagers messing around, which was kinda nice.

However, the Gambit and Rogue relationship is a far more interesting one to me. There's a lot more to explore there.

Old 04-08-2013, 03:59 PM   #140
Angamb
Banned User

yeah, not to mention that Rogue would be much more interesting, sexy and funny, sharing some scenes with flirting Remy.

Id pay four times to see scenes from the two sexy characters on the big screen

Old 04-08-2013, 04:18 PM   #141
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

That's a good point. I hope we get to see that Rogue on film. It's been a while since the original trilogy and we know by now that Paquin can play that version easily.

Old 04-08-2013, 04:22 PM   #142
Angamb
Banned User

definetly. Lets just hope that Singer wants a more mature and sexy Rogue this time.

Its 'now or never'. This is his time to blow us all, with the action and all these famous x-men. So he better gives us what we want

Old 04-08-2013, 04:37 PM   #143
BMM
Side-Kick

*blow us all away.

Old 04-08-2013, 04:40 PM   #144
Obsidian Idea
The light is blinding

Cool Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion) - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double B View Post
And then she got crushed because she didn't know how to run sideways.

Emma could run sideways.
I know right...how silly she died like that. Charlize would make an awesome Emma Frost. I would love to see her and Famke as Jean duel on the astral plane...

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:" John 10:27 (New King James Version)
Old 04-08-2013, 04:54 PM   #145
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
*blow us all away.

Old 04-08-2013, 05:18 PM   #146
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Quote:
Its 'now or never'. This is his time to blow us all,...So he better gives us what we want

Old 04-08-2013, 05:24 PM   #147
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Quote:
definetly. Lets just hope that Singer wants a more mature and sexy Rogue this time.

Its 'now or never'. This is his time to blow us all, with the action and all these famous x-men. So he better gives us what we want

H.E.(R?)
Old 04-08-2013, 05:43 PM   #148
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Well that's unfortunate. lol

Old 04-08-2013, 05:54 PM   #149
Double B
Side-Kick

Or fortunate, depending on your persuasion.

Old 04-08-2013, 05:57 PM   #150
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:

Closed Thread