The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

View Poll Results: Which Version(s) of Lex Luthor?
Mad Scientist 76 21.41%
Inventor 101 28.45%
Corrupt Businessman 318 89.58%
Fan of Superboy (root of his hatred for Superman) 6 1.69%
Former Friend of Clark Kent in Smallville 49 13.80%
Crook (Donnerverse) 16 4.51%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 355. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2013, 09:40 AM   #26
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid
 
N7 Joseph Shepard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Adrianne Palicki's heavenly bosom
Posts: 2,991
Default Re: The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
Where are all the Billy Zane fans? I miss those crazy guys.
ssshhh......you'll bring them back.....and I'll blame you if they do

__________________
Cavill/Heard - Believe In The Shield -Snyder
Affleck
- Batman -
Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
N7 Joseph Shepard is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 09:54 AM   #27
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,832
Default Re: The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephCAW View Post
nice, I hope they kept that scene in the movie Kelex isn't really that important but would be a nice nod to the fans
Yeah I'd love it he doesn't even have to speak tbh

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 10:18 AM   #28
Eddie Dean
I Am Not Nice
 
Eddie Dean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Pangaea
Posts: 6,380
Default Re: The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 7

Billy Zaniacs assemble!


__________________
Jesse Eisenberg Forever
Eddie Dean is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 10:23 AM   #29
N7 Joseph Shepard
Human/Kryptonian Hybrid
 
N7 Joseph Shepard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Adrianne Palicki's heavenly bosom
Posts: 2,991
Default Re: The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 7

KRUMM!!!.....THIS IS YOUR FAULT!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Yeah I'd love it he doesn't even have to speak tbh
yea, just a shot of a flying golden robot near Jor-El, maybe Jor-El reviewing a file on a data pad or whatever, he then hands it to Kelex who then flies off

__________________
Cavill/Heard - Believe In The Shield -Snyder
Affleck
- Batman -
Snyder
Alexander/Arterton- Wonder Woman - Taylor
Bomer - Green Lantern -
Bay
Pine - The Flash -
Del-Toro
Pearce - Lex Luthor
N7 Joseph Shepard is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 10:29 AM   #30
Rowsdower!
Mightiest Mortal?
 
Rowsdower!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Nineties
Posts: 15,286
Default Re: The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Dean View Post
Billy Zaniacs assemble!

Are his glasses missing a lens?

__________________
Once again, folks. The DC Cinematic Universe is not about Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman or any of that. It's about HAIR. Here's the lineup to be announced at Comic Con.

Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Hair (2016)
Hair League for Men (2017)
Wonder Woman's Styling Tips (2018)
Hair of Steel 2 (2018)

The Dark Knight Glazes (2019)
Rowsdower! is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 10:36 AM   #31
Krumm
Beer Snob
 
Krumm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,879
Default Re: The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Dean View Post
Billy Zaniacs assemble!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JosephCAW View Post
KRUMM!!!.....THIS IS YOUR FAULT!!!



Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Are his glasses missing a lens?

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
He was really hoping the success of Leprechaun's Revenge would allow him to afford other lens. Alas, it wasn't to be...

Krumm is online now  
Old 04-03-2013, 10:39 AM   #32
Rowsdower!
Mightiest Mortal?
 
Rowsdower!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Nineties
Posts: 15,286
Default Re: The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 7

LOL

Poor Billy Zane. He used to be such an inspiration for bad actors everywhere.

__________________
Once again, folks. The DC Cinematic Universe is not about Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman or any of that. It's about HAIR. Here's the lineup to be announced at Comic Con.

Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Hair (2016)
Hair League for Men (2017)
Wonder Woman's Styling Tips (2018)
Hair of Steel 2 (2018)

The Dark Knight Glazes (2019)
Rowsdower! is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 11:04 AM   #33
Eddie Dean
I Am Not Nice
 
Eddie Dean's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Pangaea
Posts: 6,380
Default Re: The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowsdower! View Post
Are his glasses missing a lens?
Maybe, but they were definitely missing a lens flare.


__________________
Jesse Eisenberg Forever
Eddie Dean is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 11:09 AM   #34
super-t
Side-Kick
 
super-t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: texas baby!
Posts: 879
Default Re: The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 7

Epic zaaaneee!!!!!!

__________________
" The Real Black Superman "
super-t is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 11:15 AM   #35
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,832
Default Re: The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 7

That pic makes me think he should play Dr Sivanna in a Captain Marvel film, must be the glasses

BH/HHH is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 11:20 AM   #36
G.Godfrey
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,031
Default Re: The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 7

Joaquin Phoenix. And he'd be a much better choice than that overrated Guy Pearce guy. That guy is annoying and all wrong for Lex, plus not that good of an actor. Phoenix FTW!

G.Godfrey is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 11:30 AM   #37
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest
 
Llama_Shepherd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 9,243
Default Re: The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumm View Post
Where are all the Billy Zane fans? I miss those crazy guys.
You could say, they're a little....



...Zany.




YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!

__________________
*\S/T*
"But that's the thing about Batman. Batman thinks of everything."
"There's always a way. When the odds are impossible- do the impossible."
Llama_Shepherd is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 11:43 AM   #38
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,832
Default Re: The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 7

Matthew McConaughey's confirmed he's working on Interstellar with Christopher Nolan. Maybe if Nolan produces Man of Steel 2 he can get him in for Lex.

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 11:47 AM   #39
G.Godfrey
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,031
Default Re: The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Matthew McConaughey's confirmed he's working on Interstellar with Christopher Nolan. Maybe if Nolan produces Man of Steel 2 he can get him in for Lex.
If he can cover up that thick accent of his I'd be alright with that choice. He's a very good actor, underrated too and it's great news that he's working with Nolan. He's been picking better and better roles lately which is great. He's too good to be wasting his time with mediocre romantic comedies. But looking at how MOS was cast, I think they will go for an academy award nominee/winner for the role of Lex. But perhaps MM will get a nomination in the meantime.

G.Godfrey is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 12:25 PM   #40
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3
 
Norek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2,177
Default Re: The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
Joaquin Phoenix. And he'd be a much better choice than that overrated Guy Pearce guy. That guy is annoying and all wrong for Lex, plus not that good of an actor. Phoenix FTW!
Wow... Never thought of this before, and now that I have, I think it would be an awesome choice. Yeah, that's someone I would love to see as Lex, rather than Pearce or Zane.

__________________
"This is NOT the comics. There WON'T be a Batman IV, there will be a reboot." - Nevincer

"Films are worth seeing period, even the bad ones." - Blue Sugar
Norek is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 01:14 PM   #41
Rowsdower!
Mightiest Mortal?
 
Rowsdower!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: The Nineties
Posts: 15,286
Default Re: The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 7

Pearce is definitely not overrated. The guy is outstanding in damn near everything he's in.

I also think Phoenix is wrong for Lex. He's a good actor, but I seriously cannot picture him in the role. He gets brought up periodically for Lex and I've tried to see it, but I just can't.

__________________
Once again, folks. The DC Cinematic Universe is not about Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman or any of that. It's about HAIR. Here's the lineup to be announced at Comic Con.

Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Hair (2016)
Hair League for Men (2017)
Wonder Woman's Styling Tips (2018)
Hair of Steel 2 (2018)

The Dark Knight Glazes (2019)
Rowsdower! is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 02:02 PM   #42
Kevin Smith
Banned User
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Central City
Posts: 6,176
Default Re: The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 7

Yeah, the Ra's/Lex comparison is not at all fair at all, Lex is Superman's number one foe, Ra's is a much lesser well known villain of Batman's, he's not The Joker.

And I could see Joaquin Phoenix as Lex. He'd be a wild, crazy Lex, just waiting to go off. Could be fun. He's got to be able to supress all that though without us seeing it in his face. Idk if he could do that though. Lex should be a hard one to read. Anyway, not the worst choice. I'm anxious to see who we get, if we get Lex in the future.

My bet though for Luthor's "involvement" in MOS is that he's just referenced verbally throughout, and maybe some logos of his are shown on landmarks or whatever. I doubt we'll actually see him, personally.

Kevin Smith is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 02:09 PM   #43
MrMaooz
Positively Shocking.
 
MrMaooz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: MI6 Headquarters
Posts: 15,892
Default Re: The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Dean View Post
Maybe, but they were definitely missing a lens flare.

This isnt a photo taken by JJ Abrams.

MrMaooz is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 02:58 PM   #44
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,832
Default Re: The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
If he can cover up that thick accent of his I'd be alright with that choice. He's a very good actor, underrated too and it's great news that he's working with Nolan. He's been picking better and better roles lately which is great. He's too good to be wasting his time with mediocre romantic comedies. But looking at how MOS was cast, I think they will go for an academy award nominee/winner for the role of Lex. But perhaps MM will get a nomination in the meantime.
Yeah it's great to see him taking on better roles, I really don't mind his accent. Tell you one to watch with him in Frailty he's brilliant in that film.

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 03:13 PM   #45
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team
 
Kal-El.9859's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Smallville/Metropolis
Posts: 10,298
Default Re: The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 7

Well if Meloni turns out to be Lex I won't be shocked. I still remember all the secrecy that shrouded his casting and then they finally came out and said he is playing Col. Hardy. If he's just playing some colonel why all the secrecy? And if Mackenzie Gray turns out to be Lex or the voice of Brainiac or John Corben then more power to him...

__________________
My father believed, if the world found out who I really was, they'd reject me...out of fear. He was convinced that the world wasn't ready. What do you think?
-Superman

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Kal-El.9859 is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 03:23 PM   #46
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,832
Default Re: The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
Well if Meloni turns out to be Lex I won't be shocked. I still remember all the secrecy that shrouded his casting and then they finally came out and said he is playing Col. Hardy. If he's just playing some colonel why all the secrecy? And if Mackenzie Gray turns out to be Lex or the voice of Brainiac or John Corben then more power to him...
There's secrecy about the whole film though not really any particular secrecy surrounding Meloni in particular. I really don't think there's a twist like that in the film, there'd be no reason for Lex to pretend to be someone else and I highly doubt hen could disguise himself as a colonel, you can't just through abit of money and get a rank like that.

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 03:31 PM   #47
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team
 
Kal-El.9859's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Smallville/Metropolis
Posts: 10,298
Default Re: The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
There's secrecy about the whole film though not really any particular secrecy surrounding Meloni in particular. I really don't think there's a twist like that in the film, there'd be no reason for Lex to pretend to be someone else and I highly doubt hen could disguise himself as a colonel, you can't just throw abit of money and get a rank like that.
There was no secrecy about who was playing Superman, Lois, Ma and Pa Kent, Perry and so on...but when they cast Meloni we had NO CLUE who he was playing for a few days if I remember correctly. They didn't say he was Col. Hardy until a week or so after he was cast. And how are you so sure there is no reason for Lex to disguise himself? Have you seen the movie and aren't telling us?!?!

And if Lex IS in the movie he would have some pretty high up connections in the government if he is portrayed the way I think we all would want to see him portrayed. There are corrupt people in the government and the military. Money talks and damn near EVERYONE has their price. I don't think it would take much for Lex to impersonate a colonel to be honest. And what's to say he's impersonating a colonel? He could have served, and then Superman comes along and he flips his **** over something, leaves the military and starts his weapons division of LexCorps.....I'm just throwing out possible theories. It's not unheard of for billionaires to want to serve. Some people have a deep sense of service to country and Lex could actually think that him killing Superman is the right thing to do for his country....just saying

__________________
My father believed, if the world found out who I really was, they'd reject me...out of fear. He was convinced that the world wasn't ready. What do you think?
-Superman

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Kal-El.9859 is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 03:41 PM   #48
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,832
Default Re: The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
There was no secrecy about who was playing Superman, Lois, Ma and Pa Kent, Perry and so on...but when they cast Meloni we had NO CLUE who he was playing for a few days if I remember correctly. They didn't say he was Col. Hardy until a week or so after he was cast. And how are you so sure there is no reason for Lex to disguise himself? Have you seen the movie and aren't telling us?!?!

And if Lex IS in the movie he would have some pretty high up connections in the government if he is portrayed the way I think we all would want to see him portrayed. There are corrupt people in the government and the military. Money talks and damn near EVERYONE has their price. I don't think it would take much for Lex to impersonate a colonel to be honest. And what's to say he's impersonating a colonel? He could have served, and then Superman comes along and he flips his **** over something, leaves the military and starts his weapons division of LexCorps.....I'm just throwing out possible theories. It's not unheard of for billionaires to want to serve. Some people have a deep sense of service to country and Lex could actually think that him killing Superman is the right thing to do for his country....just saying
No I wish I had I just do t see a reason for it, think it would be a twist for the sake of it.

I really don't think Lex is in MOS but I'm expecting a presence of some sort i.e. a mention of Lexcorp or something.

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 03:47 PM   #49
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team
 
Kal-El.9859's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Smallville/Metropolis
Posts: 10,298
Default Re: The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
No I wish I had I just do t see a reason for it, think it would be a twist for the sake of it.

I really don't think Lex is in MOS but I'm expecting a presence of some sort i.e. a mention of Lexcorp or something.
I go by the saying from the tv show Big Brother..."expect the unexpected". I'm expecting them to throw something crazy at us. And think about it....Snyder STILL hasn't confirmed that Shannon is Gen. Zod. We know he is, but it hasn't come out of Snyder's mouth

__________________
My father believed, if the world found out who I really was, they'd reject me...out of fear. He was convinced that the world wasn't ready. What do you think?
-Superman

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Kal-El.9859 is offline  
Old 04-03-2013, 04:58 PM   #50
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest
 
BH/HHH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Leeds
Posts: 14,832
Default Re: The Official Lex Luthor Casting Thread - Part 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
I go by the saying from the tv show Big Brother..."expect the unexpected". I'm expecting them to throw something crazy at us. And think about it....Snyder STILL hasn't confirmed that Shannon is Gen. Zod. We know he is, but it hasn't come out of Snyder's mouth
True but I still don't think Meloni is Lex

__________________
MAN OF STEEL


THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
BH/HHH is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.