The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > DC Comics Films

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2013, 07:10 AM   #201
Project862006
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,203
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - Part 11

still want gemma she is in same mold of cavill that good unknown actor waiting for her big break she is beautiful,has a good physique,only 27,5'7 and a very solid actor who has done big action films as well a strong dramatic indie films.



Project862006 is offline  
Old 04-26-2013, 07:13 AM   #202
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Newcastle, UK
Posts: 19,839
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - Part 11

Count me out

__________________
"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles "
Christopher Reeve

I believe in Batfleck
Rodrigo90 is online now  
Old 04-26-2013, 07:16 AM   #203
Project862006
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,203
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - Part 11

is it cause you cant picture your momma as diana


Project862006 is offline  
Old 04-26-2013, 07:20 AM   #204
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Newcastle, UK
Posts: 19,839
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - Part 11

Yep

Maybe with the black hair and blue contacts I can find it a little bearable

__________________
"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles "
Christopher Reeve

I believe in Batfleck
Rodrigo90 is online now  
Old 04-26-2013, 09:43 AM   #205
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe
 
Midnight Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Circle City (Naptown)
Posts: 3,259
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - Part 11

I would want Gemma before J Law. There are some great actresses out there and by the time this film even gets the greenlight for casting I'm sure some of the Marvel actresses and lesser knowns will have proven themselves. I'm just not sold on J Law. Although I find her somewhat attractive there is just something about her face that is so emotionless idk what it is. Yes, she is a great actress, and at times over hyped IMO, but her face...something about that blank stare I see so often from her.

Idk, I am just not sold on her playing WW...yet.

__________________
Indiana Hype Group: http://forums.superherohype.com/group.php?groupid=141

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)
Midnight Black is offline  
Old 04-26-2013, 12:43 PM   #206
dnno1
Side-Kick
 
dnno1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 12,616
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
That doesn't even make sense as Disney/Marvel Studios and WB/DC comic movies are not in direct competition the way the comic book side of the businesses are.

Ryan Reynolds being Wade/Deadpool in Wolverine didn't stop WB hiring him for Green Lantern.
Well actually they are in competition. The film industry is a business and both parties are fighting for their share of the market. If it wasn't a competition, they wouldn't be trying to make good quality films, and directors would be shooting scenes with their cellphone cameras. The competition goes without saying.


Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
Got to love Hollywood's good old fashion sexism

The reason most female lead action films aren't hits at the box office is because they are awful films not because the lead is female.
No, you've got it wrong. It's not that Hollywood is sexist (they are amoral). It's the general audience that is the culprit. They are the ones who won't tolerate a female superheroine in a lead role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
Charlie's Angels, Resident Evil and Tomb Raider flicks are at best forgettable popcorn flicks.

The last solo female lead superhero flick Elektra got Fox studio's usual BS approach to filmmaking tactic at that time as explained by the original screenwriter.


I hope if we ever get a Wonder Woman film it doesn't go the way of Elektra.
First of all, "Charlie's Angeles", "Resident Evil", and "Tomb Raider" were not films based on comic book heroes, but that's beside the point. The key to these films successes was that they had ensemble casts. Although there may have been a woman in the lead role they she was supported by other cast members who has some equal importance to the story. This strategy seems to work to a point, but you still do not see the massive box office numbers as their male counterpart films make. The Resident Evil franchise has been the most successful because of the ensemble cast and the fact that the films are made on a low budget. A solo Wonder Woman film will have problems achieving similar success since is seems that fans are not satisfied with the character being in an ensemble setting, the fact that she wears a scantly clad costume is a non starter, and she just doesn't have the following that her male counterparts (or for that matter the franchises that you mentioned) have.

__________________
Dno
dnno1 is offline  
Old 04-26-2013, 12:57 PM   #207
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys
 
terry78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 60,350
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - Part 11

I mean, if you make a Wonder Woman movie fanboys and the general audience will go see it just because she's pretty well known, but how much cheddar it could garner in comparison to Bats and Supes is the issue.

__________________
The only thing funnier than watching stupid people argue is watching smart people argue.
-----------
Who the **** makes a movie and while planning it is like, "you know what this needs...is some Greg Kinnear."
terry78 is offline  
Old 04-26-2013, 01:13 PM   #208
dnno1
Side-Kick
 
dnno1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 12,616
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
I mean, if you make a Wonder Woman movie fanboys and the general audience will go see it just because she's pretty well known, but how much cheddar it could garner in comparison to Bats and Supes is the issue.
That's not true. Half the fanboys will trash whomever is cast and claim the project an utter failure. You don't even have to believe what I am writing. Just look at what they did to the last two women who were cast in the role.

__________________
Dno
dnno1 is offline  
Old 04-26-2013, 01:59 PM   #209
tvor03
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 181
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnno1 View Post
That's not true. Half the fanboys will trash whomever is cast and claim the project an utter failure. You don't even have to believe what I am writing. Just look at what they did to the last two women who were cast in the role.
Quite true. There's no pleasing fanboys. And even when they think a film is good, that feeling only lasts about 5-7 years, then they'll hate that too. Christopher Nolan used to be geek-god. Now that the magic of The Dark Knight has worn off, fanboys say he ruined the Batman franchise and has tainted comic-book movies forever with his sense of "realism". Now the buck has passed to Joss Whedon, and in a few years he'll be despised as well for some dumb reason.

That's why the best thing for Hollywood to do is ignore all fanboy input.

tvor03 is offline  
Old 04-26-2013, 03:15 PM   #210
KingMadness
Side-Kick
 
KingMadness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 567
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - Part 11

Actually BB and TDK made Nolan a geek god, but TDKR bastardized the characters of Bruce and Batman until they were unrecognizable.

__________________
Giants~Yankees~Knicks
</crude>AVATAR KORRA GOT A FATTY</crude>

KingMadness is offline  
Old 04-26-2013, 04:14 PM   #211
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick
 
Joeyjojo72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 3,672
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - Part 11

To do WW justice, you will need a legit A-list actress, a top flight writer/director and a 200 million budget. The set pieces need to be spectacular enough to draw in people that wouldnt necessarily be interested in a big screen WW. Try to do it on the cheap, with a good but not great actress, and the movie isnt worth making.

I have my doubts that WB will ever be willing to go all in on a WW movie. Maybe after a JL movie, assuming its succesful.

Joeyjojo72 is offline  
Old 04-26-2013, 04:34 PM   #212
KingMadness
Side-Kick
 
KingMadness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 567
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - Part 11

Ladies and gentleman, this topic needs the great, the charismatic, the intelligent, the beautiful....aww who am I kidding, she needs no introduction, BRIDGET REGAN!!!!!








__________________
Giants~Yankees~Knicks
</crude>AVATAR KORRA GOT A FATTY</crude>

KingMadness is offline  
Old 04-26-2013, 04:35 PM   #213
Majik1387
Casting Extraordinaire ;D
 
Majik1387's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Theme Park central
Posts: 38,769
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - Part 11

He's baaaaaack

Majik1387 is offline  
Old 04-26-2013, 04:42 PM   #214
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Newcastle, UK
Posts: 19,839
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - Part 11

I prefer this than that Hats Off fella

__________________
"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles "
Christopher Reeve

I believe in Batfleck
Rodrigo90 is online now  
Old 04-26-2013, 04:53 PM   #215
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick
 
jaymes_e06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indiana unfortunately....
Posts: 15,146
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - Part 11

I think she would be good for TV not so much a film.

__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
jaymes_e06 is offline  
Old 04-26-2013, 04:55 PM   #216
Project862006
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 21,203
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
I think she would be good for TV not so much a film.
more direct to dvd walmart bin not good enough for tv

Project862006 is offline  
Old 04-26-2013, 04:56 PM   #217
Rodrigo90
DafoeISJoker
 
Rodrigo90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Newcastle, UK
Posts: 19,839
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - Part 11


__________________
"A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles "
Christopher Reeve

I believe in Batfleck
Rodrigo90 is online now  
Old 04-26-2013, 05:03 PM   #218
jaymes_e06
Side-Kick
 
jaymes_e06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indiana unfortunately....
Posts: 15,146
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
more direct to dvd walmart bin not good enough for tv
Lol you cheeky bastard you!

__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
The numbered jaymes is right!! :yay:
*\S/T*
jaymes_e06 is offline  
Old 04-26-2013, 05:26 PM   #219
Red Mask
Human Killing Machine
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 10,063
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
more direct to dvd walmart bin not good enough for tv
Who needs cinema anymore? These days you can watch online or Pay Per View in your own home.

__________________
The swordsmanship's first achievement is the unity of man and sword. Once this unity is attained even a blade of grass can be a weapon.

The second achievement is when the sword exists in one's heart. When absent from one's hand one can strike an enemy at paces
even with bare hands.

Swordsmanship's ultimate achievement is the absence of the sword in both hand and heart. The swordsman is at peace with the rest of the world. He vows not to kill.
Red Mask is offline  
Old 04-26-2013, 05:38 PM   #220
dnno1
Side-Kick
 
dnno1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 12,616
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCosmic View Post
^Where... what... ... why???



The way Jamie Alexander explained it, it's the other way around, WB doesn't want to hire anyone doing Marvel films. Contracts aren't stopping anyone.
There was an interview with Jamie Alexander just today that has her stating that because she is Lady Sif in the Marvel franchise, it may not work out for her to Play Wonder Woman. It's more than likely because she has a no compete clause in her contract. I seriously doubt that Warner Brothers would deny her (or anyone for that matter) a part because she had played a Marvel character (in fact that would show that she has experience in that field -- also remember DC hired Reynolds for GL when he had played Deadpool before, which obviously meant that the "no compete" wasn't present in that contract). It would be more that if she committed to another studio it might be difficult (for Marvel) to get her back.

__________________
Dno
dnno1 is offline  
Old 04-26-2013, 05:41 PM   #221
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe
 
Midnight Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Circle City (Naptown)
Posts: 3,259
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - Part 11

Substitute WW for Frodo and keep most of the elements of LOTR and you have yourself a WW movie. BOOM!

__________________
Indiana Hype Group: http://forums.superherohype.com/group.php?groupid=141

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)
Midnight Black is offline  
Old 04-26-2013, 05:44 PM   #222
dnno1
Side-Kick
 
dnno1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 12,616
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Black View Post
Substitute WW for Frodo and keep most of the elements of LOTR and you have yourself a WW movie. BOOM!
It wouldn't have as large a following. Remember LOTR is standard reading material in a good number of University Liberal Arts courses. We can't say the same for Wonder Woman.

__________________
Dno
dnno1 is offline  
Old 04-26-2013, 05:51 PM   #223
Midnight Black
Defender of the Universe
 
Midnight Black's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Circle City (Naptown)
Posts: 3,259
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnno1 View Post
It wouldn't have as large a following. Remember LOTR is standard reading material in a good number of University Liberal Arts courses. We can't say the same for Wonder Woman.
WW would draw the geeks, comic familiars, GA, and lesbians...can't say that LOTR did that. I think WW would have a large enough following.

Honestly, if you get the right actress, an awesome writer and director and good supporting cast you got a great film.

Iron Man didn't really have the notoriety as other superheroes before the movies were made and I'm sure many people and especially geeks wouldn't have thought to have that be the start of Marvel's shared universe/Avengers series but it worked because of a charismatic lead, good story and director.

I mean let's be honest who wouldve thought to start off with IM instead of Capt. Thor or Hulk really. WW can and will work. It just needs all the right pieces.

__________________
Indiana Hype Group: http://forums.superherohype.com/group.php?groupid=141

Xbox- XKdaAssassin (me and my son's...so be mindful of language used. Thanks!)
Midnight Black is offline  
Old 04-26-2013, 06:39 PM   #224
dnno1
Side-Kick
 
dnno1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 12,616
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnight Black View Post
WW would draw the geeks, comic familiars, GA, and lesbians...can't say that LOTR did that. I think WW would have a large enough following.

Honestly, if you get the right actress, an awesome writer and director and good supporting cast you got a great film.

Iron Man didn't really have the notoriety as other superheroes before the movies were made and I'm sure many people and especially geeks wouldn't have thought to have that be the start of Marvel's shared universe/Avengers series but it worked because of a charismatic lead, good story and director.

I mean let's be honest who wouldve thought to start off with IM instead of Capt. Thor or Hulk really. WW can and will work. It just needs all the right pieces.
I am sorry, but Wonder Woman would not draw even half the audience that LOTR nor even any of the Harry Potter films would for that matter. You could get the best actress, writer, and director and it still wouldn't do well as a franchise. This is why the studio is reluctant to produce such a film. If you haven't noticed, there is a lot of hatred for women in powerful roles. Men (and some women) are quick to trash them and put them down any time they try to be heard. Until that attitude changes, you are not going to see a film like Wonder Woman succeed.

__________________
Dno
dnno1 is offline  
Old 04-26-2013, 07:09 PM   #225
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tan and young and lovely
Posts: 19,094
Default Re: Wonder Woman Thread Reborn! - - Part 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrigo90 View Post
Yep

Maybe with the black hair and blue contacts I can find it a little bearable
Here's a manip someone did of her (although she's got that modern jacket thing going instead of the proper classic costume):



Does your mommy Gemma look a little more like Diana here?

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:15 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.