The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2013, 09:44 AM   #51
RetroNaz
Bom Bom Bom
 
RetroNaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Australia
Posts: 6,651
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9 - Part 8

Hey I know, let's sit here and compare apples with oranges. I mean RTD with Moffat.
Or how about we agree that both writers have their own strengths and their own weaknesses like any other normal human being in this world and be done with the silly debate.

Nothing gained and nothing learned from an RTD vs Moffat discussion. They've both had successful runs, and have both provided us with their own vision which (thankfully) has kept the show fresh.

__________________
SHAZAM!
RetroNaz is offline  
Old 04-05-2013, 09:59 AM   #52
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!
 
jonathancrane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Caverns in Arkham Island
Posts: 6,784
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9 - Part 8

http://www.digitalspy.com/british-tv...ng-rumors.html

No Eccleston in the 50th Anniversary Special.

Rats.

I was holding on to a desperate hope that he and/or McGann would be in the special, since McCoy acknowledged he is not going to be in it.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Aaron
"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline  
Old 04-05-2013, 10:13 AM   #53
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.
 
SpideyFan866's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Some place, Some Where, Next Door
Posts: 15,453
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9 - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
http://www.digitalspy.com/british-tv...ng-rumors.html

No Eccleston in the 50th Anniversary Special.

Rats.

I was holding on to a desperate hope that he and/or McGann would be in the special, since McCoy acknowledged he is not going to be in it.
McGann is still a possibility as rumors that hit just before Tennant's casting was announced stated that the past incarnations of the Doctor that would appear in the 50th anniversary special were 1, 2, 8, and 10.

So there's still hope.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMANIMAL View Post
in the midnight hour she cried mo mo moa
With a rebel yell she cried mo mo moa
mo mo moa
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
SpideyFan866 is online now  
Old 04-05-2013, 11:41 AM   #54
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!
 
jonathancrane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Caverns in Arkham Island
Posts: 6,784
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9 - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
McGann is still a possibility as rumors that hit just before Tennant's casting was announced stated that the past incarnations of the Doctor that would appear in the 50th anniversary special were 1, 2, 8, and 10.

So there's still hope.
Thanks for sharing; the 'rumors' made my day.

Here is an interesting nugget I found on the internet: what would have happened if David Tennant had stayed on for another series of Doctor Who? Steven Moffat reveals,
Quote:
I only had the roughest idea. Had David stayed for one final year, it would certainly have been his last, so my pitch was that it would start with the TARDIS crashing in Amelia's back garden - as now - and a terribly battered and bruised Tenth Doctor staggering out. Amelia finds him, feeds him fish custard (no that was for Matt, it would have been something more Davidy) and generally helps him. But we, the audience, can see he's in a truly bad way. Dying maybe. Eventually he heads back to his TARDIS, and flies off.
But when he returns - many years later for Amy - he seems perfectly fine, and indeed doesn't remember any of those events...And of course over time, we realise what we saw was the Tenth Doctor at the end of his life, about to regenerate.
Events that we return to in Episode 13...
SRC: http://tennantnews.blogspot.com/2013...ould-have.html

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Aaron
"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline  
Old 04-05-2013, 02:40 PM   #55
chamber-music
Hail Hydra
 
chamber-music's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 23,541
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9 - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroNaz View Post
Nothing gained and nothing learned from an RTD vs Moffat discussion. They've both had successful runs, and have both provided us with their own vision which (thankfully) has kept the show fresh.
In other words

__________________
King Of Strong Style
chamber-music is offline  
Old 04-05-2013, 02:54 PM   #56
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator
 
C. Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 44,957
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9 - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroNaz View Post

Nothing gained and nothing learned from an RTD vs Moffat discussion. They've both had successful runs, and have both provided us with their own vision which (thankfully) has kept the show fresh.
It reminds me of the - are you a TREKKIE or a TREKKER crap I used to get....of course my answer to that question was - I'm a STAR TREK FAN, what are you?

C. Lee is offline  
Old 04-05-2013, 02:55 PM   #57
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur
 
The Squirrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Up a tree
Posts: 17,635
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9 - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
It reminds me of the - are you a TREKKIE or a TREKKER crap I used to get....of course my answer to that question was - I'm a STAR TREK FAN, what are you?
Amen.

The Squirrel is offline  
Old 04-05-2013, 03:03 PM   #58
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,271
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9 - Part 8

I'm a Trekker.

Because Trekkie sounds like junkie, which was how the insult was intended.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 04-05-2013, 03:18 PM   #59
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator
 
C. Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 44,957
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9 - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
I'm a Trekker.

Because Trekkie sounds like junkie, which was how the insult was intended.
I'm a STAR TREK FAN. I was a TREK fan before the term TREKKIE was invented. Back when just saying that you watched STAR TREK would get you insulted. So I have always proudly told people that I am a STAR TREK fan. I don't give a flying fornicating warthog what others may call me...I know what I am. I'm a STAR TREK FAN.

I started watching Doctor Who in the early 70's with Jon Pertwee....and have been a DOCTOR WHO FAN ever since. Some people may want to argue that this writer or producer or doctor was better than that writer or producer or actor....fine, whatever rows your boat. But in the end you are either a DOCTOR WHO FAN or you are a WRITER or PRODUCER or ACTOR FAN.

C. Lee is offline  
Old 04-05-2013, 03:20 PM   #60
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!
 
Sawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 67,429
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9 - Part 8

I'M AN ALL-CAPS FAN.



__________________
My Current Thoughts on the "All Things Superman/Batman" Thread:
1. UGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
2. Give Me News, Or Get the Hell Out.

Sawyer is offline  
Old 04-05-2013, 03:23 PM   #61
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,271
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9 - Part 8

I'm a "Chill the hell out 'cause it's not a big deal" fan.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 04-05-2013, 03:26 PM   #62
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator
 
C. Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 44,957
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9 - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
I'M AN ALL-CAPS FAN.


CAPtain America, CAPtain Marvel, CAPtain Midnight....?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
I'm a "Chill the hell out 'cause it's not a big deal" fan.
If it wasn't a big deal to you....you wouldn't have responded....and you wouldn't have responded with Chill the hell out after my post if it wasn't a big deal to you....

C. Lee is offline  
Old 04-05-2013, 03:29 PM   #63
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,271
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9 - Part 8

Nope. You're wrong. I can actually post about something that's not a big deal.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 04-05-2013, 03:34 PM   #64
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator
 
C. Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Posts: 44,957
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9 - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
Nope. You're wrong. I can actually post about something that's not a big deal.
Oh, I'm sure you CAN post about something that isn't a big deal to you....but to respond to a post that was not insulting you with Chill the hell out shows that it is a big deal with you.

C. Lee is offline  
Old 04-05-2013, 03:35 PM   #65
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,271
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9 - Part 8

The name isn't a big deal. Freaking out about it kinda is cause that's just sweating the small stuff that doesn't matter.

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.

Last edited by wiegeabo; 04-05-2013 at 03:39 PM.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 04-05-2013, 03:47 PM   #66
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur
 
The Squirrel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Up a tree
Posts: 17,635
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9 - Part 8

"Are you a Trekker or a Trekkie!?" - Yes.

The Squirrel is offline  
Old 04-05-2013, 03:48 PM   #67
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,271
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9 - Part 8

There you go.


But the best Doctor is obviously Matt Smith


__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 04-05-2013, 03:49 PM   #68
Manic
User title? USER TITLE?!
 
Manic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Northern California
Posts: 35,479
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9 - Part 8

That thing about what Moffat's first season would've been like as David's final season is pretty insane. We really would've gone into overdrive looking for examples of non-linear Doctors like in Flesh & Stone.

Manic is offline  
Old 04-05-2013, 04:46 PM   #69
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop
 
Hawkingbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: With the Hawkeyes
Posts: 5,733
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9 - Part 8

Some people prefer Moffat. Some people prefer RTD. It doesn't matter which way you role .

Hawkingbird is offline  
Old 04-05-2013, 04:56 PM   #70
Manic
User title? USER TITLE?!
 
Manic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Northern California
Posts: 35,479
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9 - Part 8

I think we all need to just find something we can agree on, like how the 2nd Doctor's Beatles haircut is hilarious.

Manic is offline  
Old 04-05-2013, 05:01 PM   #71
The Batman
The Dark Knight
 
The Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 20,074
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9 - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroNaz View Post
Hey I know, let's sit here and compare apples with oranges. I mean RTD with Moffat.
Or how about we agree that both writers have their own strengths and their own weaknesses like any other normal human being in this world and be done with the silly debate.
Basically what I said in an earlier part of this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
Some people prefer Moffat. Some people prefer RTD.
I prefer both.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
Welcome to the Batman v Superman forums, where people will take a perfectly reasonable comment you make and twist it into something completely different to make themselves feel better.

Last edited by The Batman; 04-05-2013 at 05:05 PM.
The Batman is offline  
Old 04-05-2013, 05:08 PM   #72
Lord Valumart
Hype's Dr - It's Canon
 
Lord Valumart's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: you know the voice in your head, he's my flat mate
Posts: 38,720
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9 - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
Some people prefer Moffat. Some people prefer RTD. It doesn't matter which way you role .
What if I prefer the comics to the show? Does that get me hit?

__________________
*sigh*
....
what a prick

Twitter: @lordvalumart
Lord Valumart is offline  
Old 04-05-2013, 06:32 PM   #73
Upset Spideyfan
Look on the bright side
 
Upset Spideyfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 11,698
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9 - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic View Post
I think we all need to just find something we can agree on, like how the 2nd Doctor's Beatles haircut is hilarious.
IT WAS A SOMBER HAIRCUT AND REFLECTED THE PAIN HE SUFFERED OVER HIS LOST FAMILY.


Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:



Quote:
Originally Posted by wiegeabo View Post
I will say, the Cyberman skull in The Pandorica Opens was an awesome scare.

That to me is absolutely the Cybermen at their best. This monstrous robotic Zombie that just keeps revealing body horror as you take it apart. Amy lifting the head and a mass of tendrils attacking her is still one of my favorite Who images.

__________________
Cass: Where are we going?
The Doctor: Back of the ship.
Cass
: Why?
The Doctor
: Because the front crashes first. Think it through.

Last edited by Upset Spideyfan; 04-05-2013 at 06:39 PM.
Upset Spideyfan is offline  
Old 04-06-2013, 06:33 AM   #74
chamber-music
Hail Hydra
 
chamber-music's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 23,541
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9 - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic View Post
I think we all need to just find something we can agree on, like how the 2nd Doctor's Beatles haircut is hilarious.
2nd Doctors hair was serious business
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
j/k

__________________
King Of Strong Style
chamber-music is offline  
Old 04-06-2013, 09:09 AM   #75
THUNDERSTRIKE
YOU THINK THIS IS EASY?!?
 
THUNDERSTRIKE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Ah goes and beez... where the **** ah please...
Posts: 3,212
Default Re: Doctor Who - Regeneration 9 - Part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
I'm a STAR TREK FAN. I was a TREK fan before the term TREKKIE was invented. Back when just saying that you watched STAR TREK would get you insulted. So I have always proudly told people that I am a STAR TREK fan. I don't give a flying fornicating warthog what others may call me...I know what I am. I'm a STAR TREK FAN.

I started watching Doctor Who in the early 70's with Jon Pertwee....and have been a DOCTOR WHO FAN ever since. Some people may want to argue that this writer or producer or doctor was better than that writer or producer or actor....fine, whatever rows your boat. But in the end you are either a DOCTOR WHO FAN or you are a WRITER or PRODUCER or ACTOR FAN.
years ago, I used to DESPISE that term others gave to Doctor Who fans in referencing us...

'Whovians'

I've always found that to be disgusting-sounding...

'Doctor Who fan' will always work for me, so keep that 'Whovian' rubbish to yourselves...

__________________
Getting older doesn't mean that it makes you that much smarter...
it just means that it gives you more time to become an even bigger **** than you already are.
(insert appropriate profanity of choice)


THUNDERSTRIKE is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.